• Yams
    • Pumpkin Pie
    • Sweet Potatoe Pie
    • Cranberry's
    • Chinese Food
    • Don't Care As Long As It's Free

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanksgiving

Biden suggests pizza as people may be able to better afford it given his new wonderful economy.  

And then there was some other liberal politician who suggested Chef Boy Ardee. 

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D., N.Y.) has a suggestion for families struggling with rising gas and food prices: Eat Chef Boyardee.

"That's what families have to do," Maloney, who heads the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, told Halston Media when asked what he'll do about gas and food prices. "I grew up in a family where if the gas price went up, the food budget went down, so by this time of the week we'd be eating Chef Boyardee if that budget wasn't gonna change."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Biden suggest pizza as people may be able to better afford it given his new wonderful economy.  

Not exactly cheap anymore either.

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Not exactly cheap anymore either.

https://www.target.com/p/red-baron-classic-four-cheese-frozen-pizza-21-06oz/-/A-13334000

Add your own toppings. A family of 4 can splurge and buy 2 pizzas for under $10 plus the cost of whatever toppings they add.

So, $20 bucks for all 4 if they drink tap water during their celebration. What's not to love about a liberal run country?

9 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Biden suggests pizza as people may be able to better afford it given his new wonderful economy.  

And then there was some other liberal politician who suggested Chef Boy Ardee. 

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D., N.Y.) has a suggestion for families struggling with rising gas and food prices: Eat Chef Boyardee.

"That's what families have to do," Maloney, who heads the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, told Halston Media when asked what he'll do about gas and food prices. "I grew up in a family where if the gas price went up, the food budget went down, so by this time of the week we'd be eating Chef Boyardee if that budget wasn't gonna change."

Fock man can you go one thread without crying about Biden.

Thanksgiving food.

Turkey. 

• Like 2

Normally don’t care for turkey but wouldn’t be thanksgiving without it. Gotta have ham and kielbasa as well. 

I voted for stuffing (your mom). 

usually have a regular stuffing and a cheesy corn stuffing. 

also wouldn’t feel right without cranberry sauce

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Fock man can you go one thread without crying about Biden.

Thanksgiving food.

Turkey. 

He can’t. His life is so sad, here’s here on Saturday night posting political drivel in regular discussion threads. 

poor little guy 

• Thanks 1

I went stuffing/dressing. 

A good secondary pole would be how you prefer the turkey. 

baked

smoked 

fried 

other 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

He can’t. His life is so sad, here’s here on Saturday night posting political drivel in regular discussion threads. 

poor little guy 

While you spend the whole day here and are still here. :lol:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I went stuffing/dressing. 

A good secondary pole would be how you prefer the turkey. 

baked

smoked 

fried 

other 

I prefer sandwiches. I haven't bought a turkey every. My parents do for traditional Thanksgiving dinners. But for me and my girlfriend, we just roast chicken with all the other good stuff on the side. 

Look I'm a pretty simple guy. There's one food that I think is sacrosanct and that's mashed potatoes. Real mashed potatoes. Not flakes and water. Not instant. I will stab you in the throat for that.

You can have corn pudding and green beans and stuffing and dressing and on and on and on. But, if you don't have a mashed potatoes for thanksgiving? You are dead to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Chinese food?  Does anyone really eat Chinese food on Thanksgiving?  I've known Jews that eat Chinese on Christmas but that's it 

A lot of Jew food is oven baked - and incredibly lean. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

A lot of Jew food is oven baked - and incredibly lean. 

I like food that doesn’t scream when you put it in the oven, but to each their own 

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Look I'm a pretty simple guy. There's one food that I think is sacrosanct and that's mashed potatoes. Real mashed potatoes. Not flakes and water. Not instant. I will stab you in the throat for that.

You can have corn pudding and green beans and stuffing and dressing and on and on and on. But, if you don't have a mashed potatoes for thanksgiving? You are dead to me.

Went on a college visit today, and we ate in the dining hall.  My wife got chicken and mashed potatoes, and said the mashed potatoes were awful.  I didn't believe her so I tried them.  Absolutely terrible, couldn't eat them.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Went on a college visit today, and we ate in the dining hall.  My wife got chicken and mashed potatoes, and said the mashed potatoes were awful.  I didn't believe her so I tried them.  Absolutely terrible, couldn't eat them.

I can taste instant versus legitimate mashed potatoes 100 out of 100 times. I don't care what you do to them. And it legitimately enrages me. I was at a really fancy steakhouse one time and ordered the mashed potatoes. And they were instant. And the waiter had the temerity to argue with me about that.

I wish there were some great ending to the story where the chef came out and tearfully admitted that yes indeed these were fake potatoes. But that's not real life. They gave me a huge loaded baked potato and didn't charge me for it.

But I'm still f****** angry over it. 

Guess that's the Irish in me.

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I like food that doesn’t scream when you put it in the oven, but to each their own 

Just think of them as lobsters.

Ham and Au gratin potatoes. You can keep the turkey. Stuffing is good, but depends on how it’s made. Gotta be a little crisp on the edges and for the love of God-leave out the celery and mushrooms chunks.

• Sad 1

My favorite Thanksgiving dish has become my brother-in-law's beef tenderloin, which I've named The Meat Ship.

He's a professional chef who owns his own restaurant, and he takes this tenderloin and makes it insanely delicious. 

I asked him once how he prepared it, and it was so ridiculous with reduction sauces and whatnot that I couldn't wrap my mind around it. :wacko:

Thanksgiving is the Super Bowl for my wife's family. Everyone comes from everywhere for it, and it's even bigger this year.

We rent a monster house for the reunion. It's going to be awesome.

But, yeah, The Meat Ship.

• Sad 1

My aunt makes a sage dressing. It’s the only part of the Thanksgiving meal I look forward to.

• Sad 1

Mashed potatoes and gravy.  Real gravy made from the turkey juices, not the jar crap.

3 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Ham and Au gratin potatoes. You can keep the turkey. Stuffing is good, but depends on how it’s made. Gotta be a little crisp on the edges and for the love of God-leave out the celery and mushrooms chunks.

👍🏼 On the no celery and mushroom chunks 

I definitely forgot about mashed potatoes, as others have mentioned. Au gratin, smashed, roasted red, also good. 

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

YES! And home-made gravy!

Prefer a high-quality ham (cure 81) over Turkey + squash  

I voted mashed potatoes.  My other favorite sides are stuffing, corn, and dinner rolls with butter.  We have Turkey and Ham and Prime Rib too.  I would prefer a roast chicken to Turkey given the choice.