Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Ben Shapiro says you’re not a Republican if you support gay marriage bill

1. Ben is a smart guy

2.  I don’t think he’s necessarily “dying on that hill”.

3.  I wholeheartedly disagree with him on this particular issue. 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1. Ben is a smart guy

2.  I don’t think he’s necessarily “dying on that hill”.

3.  I wholeheartedly disagree with him on this particular issue. 

Gay marriage is already legal in all 50 states. This must be about more than that. Yeah, I guarantee it is. Liberals mislead all the time. It’s how they do. Just like the “don’t say gay” bill in Florida. And they have enough complete brainless morons that will go around repeating the deception. Don’t buy it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gay marriage is already legal in all 50 states. This must be about more than that. Yeah, I guarantee it is. Liberals mislead all the time. It’s how they do. Just like the “don’t say gay” bill in Florida. And they have enough complete brainless morons that will go around repeating the deception. Don’t buy it. 

Probably 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Both sides do this, see Patriot Act

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Little different than calling something a “don’t say gay” bill or referring to whatever abomination this is as a “gay marriage “ bill. And people certainly don’t have to repeat it. Also, the patriot act was called the patriot act. No one called it something else. 

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Seems like a weird hill to die on

Codification means adding it to the constitution I believe. I don’t think marriage has ever been part of the constitution so I don’t know why it needs codified. Nor is it a subject close to being undone 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Codification means adding it to the constitution I believe. I don’t think marriage has ever been part of the constitution so I don’t know why it needs codified. Nor is it a subject close to being undone 

No. Codification means making it a statute. Meaning gay marriage (and interracial marriage) are protected under federal law.

Basically, the Dems are attempting to steal a march on scotus. Right now, if scotus overturned the applicable cases, the states would be free to outlaw gay and interracial marriages.

If this becomes law, the court would have to not only say that there is no right to such marriages, but also that this law is an unconstitutional use of federal power.

If that's all the bill does, I'm all for it. Knowing the Dems, there probably mandatory drag queen study time or some such nonsense buried in there, but who knows. 

The proposed law is a reaction to Clarence Thomas’ concurring opinion in Dobbs in which he indicated he could overturn Obergefell (the gay marriage case). So Congress is trying to prevent that.

Also, Ben Shapiro is a bigot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The proposed law is a reaction to Clarence Thomas’ concurring opinion in Dobbs in which he indicated he could overturn Obergefell (the gay marriage case). So Congress is trying to prevent that.

Sure peanut. Left wing nut job chimes in. :rolleyes:

Gays marrying gays. Who cares? Just go do it in California and be sure to stay there. One more reason to hate that state and not visit.  

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

There it is. Anyone who doesn’t agree with leftist agenda is a bigot. They aren’t allowed religious based opinions

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

No. Codification means making it a statute. Meaning gay marriage (and interracial marriage) are protected under federal law.

Basically, the Dems are attempting to steal a march on scotus. Right now, if scotus overturned the applicable cases, the states would be free to outlaw gay and interracial marriages.

If this becomes law, the court would have to not only say that there is no right to such marriages, but also that this law is an unconstitutional use of federal power.

If that's all the bill does, I'm all for it. Knowing the Dems, there probably mandatory drag queen study time or some such nonsense buried in there, but who knows. 

Ahh ok. Thanks for clarifying 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

There it is. Anyone who does t agree with leftist agenda is a bigot. They aren’t allowed religious based opinions

Nope, not anybody. Ben Shapiro. He and his new acolyte Matt Walsh.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

There it is. Anyone who does t agree with leftist agenda is a bigot. They aren’t allowed religious based opinions

The "tolerant" left strikes again. 

It's always funny to watch the left get triggered by Shapiro. He whoops up on liberal think without even trying. 

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope, it’s pretty short.  Text here - https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/8404/text

Also, the “Florida’s bill doesn’t even say the word gay!” argument is stupid.  It says they can’t talk about sexual orientation.  In other words, they can’t say gay. 

13 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Link to him dying on this hill?

It’s an expression.  Him saying you’re not a Republican for supporting it is a strongly worded statement.

12 hours ago, dogcows said:

This.

12 hours ago, craftsman said:

Sure peanut. Left wing nut job chimes in. :rolleyes:

Gays marrying gays. Who cares? 

Ben Shapiro, apparently

I was told the Republican Party doesn’t care about gay marriage anymore. :mellow:

Shapiro is very effeminate. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

that side of the GOP was thrown out of power in the party in favor of Trump.  now some republicans want to throw that side out in favor of putting the people back in that gave us the Patriot Act.  Which is worse?  Trump or the Patriot Act.  That should be a super easy question.

i mean, we know why the left is so eager to destroy traditional marriage.  people in traditional marriages heavily vote against the left because they want to run their own lives.  in the end, that is all this is.  the left wants to engage on this issue because they want to destroy marriage.  the left doesnt want to protect gay marriage but guilt trip everyone into never marrying at all.  if you keep people from building their own thing, they turn to reaching their hand out and asking for government to help them.  its a path to slavery.

slaves were not allowed to marry.  they were chattel. they were sold and traded.  a free and prosperous people are allowed to marry.  by trying to create new forms of marriage like gay marriage, they are actually trying to make it so that people who actually want to marry the traditional way feel like bigots or racists or sexists.  so you destroy the entire concept.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It’s not about gay marriage . It’s about attacking religion. They want to force religions to honor gay marriage or they lose their protections. You can say they shouldn’t have those protections and that’s fine, but this isn’t the way to do it.  They either conform or lose out. Typical liberal Trojan horse.  A deception. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Nope, it’s pretty short.  Text here - https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/8404/text

Also, the “Florida’s bill doesn’t even say the word gay!” argument is stupid.  It says they can’t talk about sexual orientation.  In other words, they can’t say gay. 

It’s an expression.  Him saying you’re not a Republican for supporting it is a strongly worded statement.

This.

Ben Shapiro, apparently

Can’t say straight either. Here’s a hint. Do not talk to my 3-8 year old about sexual orientation or acts. Period at all. That’s not what teachers are for

also if you’re a Phag or dyke you shouldn’t have your whole classroom coated in the bs

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not about gay marriage . It’s about attacking religion. They want to force religions to honor gay marriage or they lose their protections. You can say they shouldn’t have those protections and that’s fine, but this isn’t the way to do it.  They either conform or lose out. Typical liberal Trojan horse.  A deception. 

Exactly. The law would force the most orthodox religions to marry gays

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Exactly. The law would force the most orthodox religions to marry gays

And sadly many here would cheer it on. Like I keep saying, they aren’t Americans. They just live here.  

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Can’t say straight either. Here’s a hint. Do not talk to my 3-8 year old about sexual orientation or acts. Period at all. That’s not what teachers are for

also if you’re a Phag or dyke you shouldn’t have your whole classroom coated in the bs

I don’t really disagree with the bill.  But “don’t say gay” isn’t really inaccurate.

To assuage their concerns, the amendment ensures nonprofit religious organizations will not be required to provide services, facilities or goods for the celebration of a same-sex marriage, and protects religious liberty and conscience protections available under the Constitution and federal law, including the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Link :thumbsup: 

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Little different than calling something a “don’t say gay” bill or referring to whatever abomination this is as a “gay marriage “ bill. And people certainly don’t have to repeat it. Also, the patriot act was called the patriot act. No one called it something else. 

Yeah the right never changes the nomenclature of things:

See: Affordable Care Act. 

• Like 1

just a reminder that Putin effectively declared war on the US on September 30th basically over stuff like gay marriage.  so i mean the issue here isnt democrats vs republicans, its putin vs the West.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

i mean, we know why the left is so eager to destroy traditional marriage.  people in traditional marriages heavily vote against the left because they want to run their own lives.  in the end, that is all this is.  the left wants to engage on this issue because they want to destroy marriage.  the left doesnt want to protect gay marriage but guilt trip everyone into never marrying at all.  if you keep people from building their own thing, they turn to reaching their hand out and asking for government to help them.  its a path to slavery.

slaves were not allowed to marry.  they were chattel. they were sold and traded.  a free and prosperous people are allowed to marry.  by trying to create new forms of marriage like gay marriage, they are actually trying to make it so that people who actually want to marry the traditional way feel like bigots or racists or sexists.  so you destroy the entire concept.

Are you married?

By the way kids, for all of you that think that the left is so anti-marriage? And how a free and prosperous Democratic people are free to marry whoever they want? Check out the supreme court case Loving versus the state of virginia.

22 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Couple things. Why the f*** does Anybody listen to Ben shapiro? And two isn't he canadian?

this entire statement shows your level of knowledge

why do you listen to Rachel Maddow?

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

this entire statement shows your level of knowledge

why do you listen to Rachel Maddow?

Ummmmm, I don't? 

Shows your level of knowledge. 🤪