Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Sprained Shoulder for Jalen Hurts

Awful. Championship week and my show pony probably will not play. Now what? Jared Goff or Trevor Lawrence 😥:wall: Close to $1,000 on the line and those are my two choices? I'm sick.

4 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

Awful. Championship week and my show pony probably will not play. Now what? Jared Goff or Trevor Lawrence 😥:wall: Close to $1,000 on the line and those are my two choices? I'm sick.

Lawrence tore up the Cowboys vaunted D this week. Not predicting the same thing playing the Jets in New York, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could have a good game.

I suppose the weather could be a factor though.  

🤮

Unreal. #1 overall in both leagues with Hurts in 1 and AJ Brown in both. 

Minshew @ Dallas

Russ Wilson (if cleared) @ LAR

Z Wilson vs JAX

my only real options on the wire. Shoot me

1 hour ago, Fearsome said:

Trevor Lawrence has been on fire these past few weeks and I expect that will continue

1 hour ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Minshew @ Dallas

He won't get you the rushing stats, but Minshew is a pretty good passer.  He did 3,271 with 21 and 6 back in 2019 with Chark, Conley and Westbrook for receivers.  I wouldn't feel too bad about trotting him out with guys like Goedert, Smith and Brown to work with.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He won't get you the rushing stats, but Minshew is a pretty good passer.  He did 3,271 with 21 and 6 back in 2019 with Chark, Conley and Westbrook for receivers.  I wouldn't feel too bad about trotting him out with guys like Goedert, Smith and Brown to work with.

Thats my play no doubt. Tough draw vs Dallas but they have let up some points lately and thinking GM doesnt need to do anything spectacular w those weapons around em. Stomach still hurts tho

Same here fellas. Advanced in the playoffs and have a beatable opponent with hurts but now idk and there’s zero left on the ww. Purdy or Minshew are prob my best bets. What ya think.  

It’s going to hurt.  

Funny thing is that you can blame Dallas for this.  Had they not choked like they do every other year and win that game, there's a 100% chance that Hurts plays this week.

After review, my top replacement choices are Lawrence, Minshew and Rodgers. The Miami pass D is dreadful (31st) which is a positive for Rodgers, plus the weather is acceptable with light rain and upper 50's which is great considering what many games are expected to have this week. With Lawrence questionable with the toe on a short week, do you all still see him shredding? The Minshew with a tough matchup on the road. This is such a massive decision. For the title! If I choose wrong I likely lose after an 11-2 regular season. Brutal. :dunno:

Rodgers.  

5 hours ago, Fearsome said:

After review, my top replacement choices are Lawrence, Minshew and Rodgers. The Miami pass D is dreadful (31st) which is a positive for Rodgers, plus the weather is acceptable with light rain and upper 50's which is great considering what many games are expected to have this week. With Lawrence questionable with the toe on a short week, do you all still see him shredding? The Minshew with a tough matchup on the road. This is such a massive decision. For the title! If I choose wrong I likely lose after an 11-2 regular season. Brutal. :dunno:

I’m in a similar boat with worse options. 

For you I think it’s between Rodgers and Minshew and I’d go Rodgers. I don’t expect Lawrence to “shred” regardless against the Jets defense. For what it’s worth, Minshew could be airing it out from behind but also Dallas secondary is a little banged up. 

i am so tired of these expert fantasy shows and podcasts telling you a great waiver option as a hurts owner is Daniel Jones. For as much as I think he is an NFL bust, Jones has been owned nearly all season in competitive 12 team  leagues. 

so my personal options are Watson in freezing temps or hope I get Minshew on waivers. Brock Purdy would be another option on waivers in my league. 

27 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I’m in a similar boat with worse options. 

For you I think it’s between Rodgers and Minshew and I’d go Rodgers. I don’t expect Lawrence to “shred” regardless against the Jets defense. For what it’s worth, Minshew could be airing it out from behind but also Dallas secondary is a little banged up. 

i am so tired of these expert fantasy shows and podcasts telling you a great waiver option as a hurts owner is Daniel Jones. For as much as I think he is an NFL bust, Jones has been owned nearly all season in competitive 12 team  leagues. 

so my personal options are Watson in freezing temps or hope I get Minshew on waivers. Brock Purdy would be another option on waivers in my league. 

I think I would go with Lawrence if hes on the wire.

I spoke up in the preseason and feel that Minshew is good enough to start for a fair number of teams in the NFL.  hes very underrated.  I'd rank him higher than a lot of these retread QB's teams have been bringing in.

that said, Dallas is a pretty solid D even if it is a bit banged up.

If I were Philly I'd not even consider starting Hurts.   why give a potential playoff matchup an early look at him just before the playoffs?   

I'd rank them in this order:

Lawrence

Rodgers

Minshew

but I truly think all three are at least reasonable plays this week. with Minshew having the hardest matchup

Anybody want to give me QB advice? Haha, I can start Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Gardner Minshew, Nick Foles, Davis Mills, Taylor Heincke, Desmond Ridder, Malik Willis, Tyler Huntley, Trace McSorley or Brett Rypien.

Those are pretty much my only options and can only start 1. I had Kyler Murray and before in the season Mac Jones at one point. We start 2 QB, my other starter is Kirk Cousins.

I am leaning Minshew, if Lamar Jackson isn't playing or seems limited. But, something is telling me that Foles might have a huge random stat stuffing game on Monday Night Football.

Also, intrigued if Malik Willis gets his first start in NFL for Titans.

Any advice is welcome; I understand this question belong on "A Little Help?" board. But, I read through this post and figured that my question might help others in figuring out what to do for themselves for QBs this week.

Thanks

If Jackson plays that’s the pick.  

I don't understand Hurts having to sit for this game. He sprained his shoulder for Pete's sake. Taysom Hill never threw a ball in his life and he is HOF QB. Run Forrest, run!

It's a combination of the injury and their record. If Philly was 12-2 and Dallas was 11-3, Hurts plays, no doubt. 

15 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

Anybody want to give me QB advice? Haha, I can start Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Gardner Minshew, Nick Foles, Davis Mills, Taylor Heincke, Desmond Ridder, Malik Willis, Tyler Huntley, Trace McSorley or Brett Rypien.

Those are pretty much my only options and can only start 1. I had Kyler Murray and before in the season Mac Jones at one point. We start 2 QB, my other starter is Kirk Cousins.

I am leaning Minshew, if Lamar Jackson isn't playing or seems limited. But, something is telling me that Foles might have a huge random stat stuffing game on Monday Night Football.

Also, intrigued if Malik Willis gets his first start in NFL for Titans.

Any advice is welcome; I understand this question belong on "A Little Help?" board. But, I read through this post and figured that my question might help others in figuring out what to do for themselves for QBs this week.

Thanks

Jackson if he were playing but since likely not, Minshew.

On 12/20/2022 at 12:19 PM, Fearsome said:

Rodgers

Minshew

Lawrence 

in that order.

Talent wise obviously I'd flip Lawrence over Minshew but with rain and 20+ mph wind gusts on the call in East Rutherford tonight I think you give the slight nod to Minshew. But I think Rodgers is the play this week against a really bad Miami pass defense. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, weepaws said:

If Jackson plays that’s the pick.  

I am not sure I agree.  hes coming off a knee injury and may be well enough to play, but I dont think his legs will be getting a ton of fantasy points this week.  

I think until fully healed he may be a pocket passer for one or two weeks.

for me, his running ability is the biggest reason to own Jackson.   if thats not there even for a week or two, he becomes a shaky start unless its a good matchup.

The dude said he has cousins.   for me, thats likely the play (vs NYG)

31 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I am not sure I agree.  hes coming off a knee injury and may be well enough to play, but I dont think his legs will be getting a ton of fantasy points this week.  

I think until fully healed he may be a pocket passer for one or two weeks.

for me, his running ability is the biggest reason to own Jackson.   if thats not there even for a week or two, he becomes a shaky start unless its a good matchup.

The dude said he has cousins.   for me, thats likely the play (vs NYG)

It’s a two Qb league, Cousins is on of his starting QBs , he’s looking for the second Qb to start.  Jackson isn’t playing this weekend so he’s no longer a pick.  So if I was that poster Minshew would be the pick.  

Thanks. 

On 12/23/2022 at 9:28 AM, weepaws said:

It’s a two Qb league, Cousins is on of his starting QBs , he’s looking for the second Qb to start.  Jackson isn’t playing this weekend so he’s no longer a pick.  So if I was that poster Minshew would be the pick.  

I must have missed the 2 QB league thing.  normally in 2 QB leagues you dont find guys like Lamar jackson and/or Trevor Lawrence on the wire.  usually every QB who is starting is rostered.

I know at the end of the year with some players injured, their replacements can be found on the wire because teams eliminated from the playoffs wont pick them up.

that said, if its a 10 team league instead of 12 teamer, that may explain this.  in that format you will find capable starters on the wire come playoff time for the same reason mentioned above.