Pimpadeaux

This Bills injury doesn't look good

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

May have found the worst

Yeah, that is almost Bart Scott level focked up.  Hopefully, karma hits both of them hard! 

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Wait what?  Everyone I know calls it college.  Who the f says they went to “university” except for maybe some nerds or foreigners?

Yeah that's a European thing.  Everyone here says college. 

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

And a North American thing.  Everyone in Canada says University.  They are both retard liberals, so it makes sense.  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yeah, when he first said that I thought he was just trying to be elitist and talking about how most well-known schools are called such and such University and "College" is typically reserved for smaller, lesser known schools.

But I would have rather went to Dartmouth College than most "Universities" anyway

Bart Scott is the same guy that was saying Joe Burrow is going to get head hunted by the Ravens just a couple of days ago and didn't think there is anything wrong with it.  Maybe he just hates the Bengals.  

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, when he first said that I thought he was just trying to be elitist and talking about how most well-known schools are called such and such University and "College" is typically reserved for smaller, lesser known schools.

But I would have rather went to Dartmouth College than most "Universities" anyway

90s kids would rather go to devry university than Boston college.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Bart Scott is the same guy that was saying Joe Burrow is going to get head hunted by the Ravens just a couple of days ago and didn't think there is anything wrong with it.  Maybe he just hates the Bengals.  

Maybe he is just a ghetto POS.  His Ravens buddy is a murderer.  Birds of a feather flock together.   

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

90s kids would rather go to devry university than Boston college.

Don't forget the University of Phoenix.   Some of the worst candidates I have interviewed.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Big Green are the ones with the shiny metal helmets.  

I’m D.M.C in the place to be.

I go to St. John’s University 

And since kindergarten I acquired the knowledge 

And after 12th grade I went straight to college  

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Yeah, that is almost Bart Scott level focked up.  Hopefully, karma hits both of them hard! 

I don't know how you can even compare the 2 ?  That remark about being amped up is in a different galaxy when it comes to poor taste. 

I didn't even know who Bart Scott was before today. I watched the clip & I fail to see how anyone could interpret his words to mean he was directly blaming Tyler Boyd for the incident.

All he stated, is that Hamlin 'might' not have been expecting Boyd to turn into him the way he did. That's not to say I think it was the smartest thing to bring up, but damn, people really need to relax. 

Watch this old Earl Campbell run starting at 5:14, now that's a helmet to the chest.

Bart Scott had one of my favorite post game interviews.  

All week we had to hear about they defense!  They defense couldn't stop a nose bleed!

See you in Pittsburgh next week.

CAN'T WAIT!

If Damar Hamlin collapsed during practice last Friday do they cancel the game?

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

If Damar Hamlin collapsed during practice last Friday do they cancel the game?

They cancel practice but probably play the game I'm assuming, but it's fun to see all these douchey questions you guys ask in an attempt to minimize what happened and call out the toughness of the players.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

They cancel practice but probably play the game I'm assuming, but it's fun to see all these douchey questions you guys ask in an attempt to minimize what happened and call out the toughness of the players.

this was another Disney production. hope you’re enjoying the show!

11 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

“Inventor of mRNA vaccines” but doesn’t know how to read.  He also posted this (and lol at how much of a douche he is):

From the link (which is pretty short).  Check out the second to last sentence:

Sudden unexpected cardiac death that occurs in young people during sports participation is usually associated with previously diagnosed or undiagnosed structural or primary electrical cardiac abnormalities. Examples of such abnormalities include hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, anomalous origin of a coronary artery, arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy, and primary electrical disorders, such as congenital prolongation of the QTc interval and catecholaminergic, polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT).  [1 Sudden death due to ventricular fibrillation may also occur following a blunt, nonpenetrating blow to the chest, specifically the precordial area, in an individual with no underlying cardiac disease. This is termed commotio cordis. [2]

Not to mention even if he did have an underlying condition it’s not unheard of for it to be undetected.

And generally speaking, it has happened before in major pro sports.  Here is Chris Pronger in 1998:

Robert Malone and Peter McCullough (among others):  I have had a long and successful career, I am only risking that and speaking out in the name of science!

Also Robert Malone and Peter McCullough (among others): Be sure to sign up for my paid substack!

lol

Hey @TimHauck, honest question: since myocarditis causes a weakening of the heart, is it possible that such a condition could make one more susceptible to commotio cordis caused by an impact as in Hamlin's case?

I haven't been following all of the twitter experts who have studied this possibility, but I figured you probably have.  :cheers: 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hey @TimHauck, honest question: since myocarditis causes a weakening of the heart, is it possible that such a condition could make one more susceptible to commotio cordis caused by an impact as in Hamlin's case?

I haven't been following all of the twitter experts who have studied this possibility, but I figured you probably have.  :cheers: 

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I think it’s fair to say “we can’t definitively say the vaccine is not related” yet (like Berenson is here), but it’s also fair to call out people saying (or implying) that it IS related based on no evidence (like Kirsch is here).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nobody said:

Bart Scott had one of my favorite post game interviews.  

All week we had to hear about they defense!  They defense couldn't stop a nose bleed!

See you in Pittsburgh next week.

CAN'T WAIT!

Haha.....just what we need, is a big dumb sweaty dude philosifyin' and quoting Shakespeare 

10 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I don't know how you can even compare the 2 ?  That remark about being amped up is in a different galaxy when it comes to poor taste. 

I didn't even know who Bart Scott was before today. I watched the clip & I fail to see how anyone could interpret his words to mean he was directly blaming Tyler Boyd for the incident.

All he stated, is that Hamlin 'might' not have been expecting Boyd to turn into him the way he did. That's not to say I think it was the smartest thing to bring up, but damn, people really need to relax. 

Watch this old Earl Campbell run starting at 5:14, now that's a helmet to the chest.

He is saying Tee Higgins is to blame for lowering his helmet.  Pure ignorant bullsh!t.  Especially, when he himself admits he and the entire Ravens team he played with are worthless, violent ghetto thugs looking to intentionally hurt other player and condoning the hurting of other players.

“I guarantee you he will not last long in this division. They’re gonna make sure they become head-hunters whenever they go against them,” Scott said. “He’s gonna get the rib shot. He’s gonna get the neck shot. He’s gonna get the tackle his arms and make his head bust off the ground shot.

“The order has been sent. We call it red dot in Baltimore, and it’s gonna be on him for the rest of his career. He’s gonna regret that he ever did that.

Ban metal helmets

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Ok guys I’m sorry I thought the helmets were metal.  I’ve always been told I was book smart but not street smart.

Moving on, on the topic of “just ignore stupid people on twitter,” the problem is that some of these people have thousands and millions of people that listen to them.  Such as Charlie Kirk and his nearly 2 million followers.

Attempting to have a serious conversation about this, what I’ve often criticized about these anecdotes is that they seem to be coming from far reaches of the globe, like semipro rugby leagues in Scotland and stuff, or even a couple US high school kids.  But there’s a ton of high school athletes in the US, a couple of them having heart attacks, while tragic of course, isn’t unexpected and happened before the vaccines too.

If this was really an “all too familiar sight right now,” then we should have seen it in the major pro sports or even major college sports and we haven’t.  (Reminder that the basketball player that collapsed at one point was before the vaccines were available…and now he’s back playing)

I would like to bump this unless people that think FHA loans changed their requirements want to keep laughing at me thinking football helmets were metal.

32 NFL teams x 53 = 1,696

30 MLB teams x 25 = 750

32 NHL teams x 23 = 736

30 NBA teams x 15 = 450

3,632 players on active rosters.  Probably like 95%+ vaccinated.  Multiples more on major college sports teams.  If there was really an “epidemic of athletes suddenly collapsing,” wouldn’t this have happened more often in leagues that people actually care about?

Is this the first instance of a “sudden collapse” in major pro US sports since the vaccines have been available (which of course wasn’t all that sudden considering he was hit in the chest)?  

95% of 3,632 = 3,450

1 (possibly not even related) / 3,450 = 0.03%

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I would like to bump this unless people that think FHA loans changed their requirements want to keep laughing at me thinking football helmets were metal.

32 NFL teams x 53 = 1,696

30 MLB teams x 25 = 750

32 NHL teams x 23 = 736

30 NBA teams x 15 = 450

3,632 players on active rosters.  Probably like 95%+ vaccinated.  Multiples more on major college sports teams.  If there was really an “epidemic of athletes suddenly collapsing,” wouldn’t this have happened more often in leagues that people actually care about?

Is this the first instance of a “sudden collapse” in major pro US sports since the vaccines have been available (which of course wasn’t all that sudden considering he was hit in the chest)?  

95% of 3,632 = 3,450

1 (possibly not even related) / 3,450 = 0.03%

Are you talking about myocarditis-assisted commotio cordis, or "sudden collapse" in general?  My answer differs for each.

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Are you talking about myocarditis-assisted commotio cordis, or "sudden collapse" in general?  My answer differs for each.

Sudden collapse in general

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I will say that based on my limited research on this topic, it doesn’t seem like “myocarditis assisted commotio cordis” is a thing.  Seems like commotio cordis has to happen at a precise time.  IF his collapse was related to the vaccine, it probably wasn’t commotio cordis.

In before digby chimes in that we’re not doctors like him so we don’t know what we’re talking about 

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Sudden collapse in general

OK.  For the former I would say there is not enough data, and/or one could argue that you are lying with statistics given the relative rarity of the event.  For general collapses, I would think that happens enough that we can begin to collect data on it.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I will say that based on my limited research on this topic, it doesn’t seem like “myocarditis assisted commotio cordis” is a thing.  Seems like commotio cordis has to happen at a precise time.  IF his collapse was related to the vaccine, it probably wasn’t commotio cordis.

I don't think there is enough data to say it is a thing or not.  Also it has to happen at a precise time AND be sufficient force to cause the event.  If the heart is weakened, it is entirely plausible that the required amount of force is decreased.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

OK.  For the former I would say there is not enough data, and/or one could argue that you are lying with statistics given the relative rarity of the event.  For general collapses, I would think that happens enough that we can begin to collect data on it.

I don't think there is enough data to say it is a thing or not.  Also it has to happen at a precise time AND be sufficient force to cause the event.  If the heart is weakened, it is entirely plausible that the required amount of force is decreased.

Yeah I guess on the commotio cordis thing people do often have underlying conditions so yeah I’ll give you that is possible.

Yes, that is my point about general collapses.  Is there any other data of it happening in major pro or even college sports (active players)?  I know there was the basketball player that collapsed before the vaccine was available, then one I believe Champions League soccer player that did and not sure if anything came of that.  That’s all I recall but I could have missed some.  My point is moreso to say that “1101 athletes across the globe in all levels of sport have died!!” doesn’t really mean anything, we need some actual context, and it’s impossible to get context if the sample size is every athlete in the world.

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

In before digby chimes in that we’re not doctors like him so we don’t know what we’re talking about 

Not before I remind you Digby never said anything as stupid as metal helmets. You win.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not before I remind you Digby never said anything as stupid as metal helmets. You win.  

Digby asked if you can plant a cut down Christmas tree.  I would say it's a push.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's not that you're not a doctor, it's that you've proven to be the dumbest person posting here. When you say something like "based on my limited research on the topic" it's laugh out loud foking hilarious.  Nobody takes you seriously.  

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Digby asked if you can plant a cut down Christmas tree.  I would say it's a push.

Digby also said 5 US cities account for most of the murders in the entire world and thought the US government was burning down meat processing plants to make people reliant on government meat.

:lol: 

I don’t know if Digby was responsible for the single dumbest thing said here. But he would be well represented on a list of Dumbest GC comments ever.

:first: 

20 hours ago, edjr said:

The best is the one with the 76ers player and Celtics player.  The 6er starts flopping then when he makes contact with the Celtics player gets hit, he flops because he didn't know the other guy flopped.  That's awesome!

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yes.

Sudden cardiac death risk in contact sports increased by myocarditis: a case series | European Heart Journal - Case Reports | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

It's not that you're not a doctor, it's that you've proven to be the dumbest person posting here. When you say something like "based on my limited research on the topic" it's laugh out loud foking hilarious.  Nobody takes you seriously.  

You don’t have to take me seriously, but you should take the links (usually to primary sources) or numbers I post backing up my claims seriously.  Attacking the messenger shows you don’t have substance to back up the actual claims.

Yes, I’m saying that I, along with probably ~90% of the country, had never heard of commotio cordis until Monday night.  And again, I specifically said it’s fair to say “you can’t definitively say the vax is not related.”  But you also can’t definitively say or imply that it is related either.