Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  No one "reasonable" here thinks I'm a troll dipsh*t.  Just you and the other FBG's rejects who showed up after you all destroyed that forum. 

So I take it from this post that my counteroffer has beeN accepted. Excellent. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

So I take it from this post that my counteroffer has beeN accepted. Excellent. 

If that's your takeaway then the post I'm quoting is just further proof of what an idiot you are. 

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

They become unreadable when you start posting in them.  I'll make you a deal.  You GTFO off this bored and I'll stop calling you names.

Thanks for the spirited and intelligent addition to this topic.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Thanks for the spirited and intelligent addition to this topic.

It's hilarious how you follow me around from thread to thread trying to "gotcha" me just because I've made you look like an idiot so many times. :wave:

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's hilarious how you follow me around from thread to thread trying to "gotcha" me just because I've made you look like an idiot so many times. :wave:

You haven’t though, so…

I do find it interesting though @Strike that whenever you get proven wrong you just disappear and stop replying. I will at least admit it on the rare occasion that I get proven wrong.

But what’s the most hilarious is how you’ve made numerous posts whining about how you think no one wants to have “honest, intelligent and spirited debate.”  But you’re one of the biggest offenders of doing what you complain about others doing.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I do find it interesting though @Strike that whenever you get proven wrong you just disappear and stop replying. I will at least admit it on the rare occasion that I get proven wrong.

But what’s the most hilarious is how you’ve made numerous posts whining about how you think no one wants to have “honest, intelligent and spirited debate.”  But you’re one of the biggest offenders of doing what you complain about others doing.

Untrue.  But I'm fine mixing in other content.  But let's talk about some others, that I go after regularly:

@The Real timschochet In another thread he specifically asked RLLD what Trump had done that he supports.  RLLD posted an extensive, impressive list.  Even Tim acknowledged as much.  But then he goes on to say that  the list DOESN'T MATTER because Trump's underlings had to come up with some of those ideas and talk him in to it.  I'm not even going to go in to the question of whether that assertion is true.  Because it doesn't matter unless we assume all Presidents come up with every idea they support on their own.   That's ridiculous on it's face.  But that's Tim.  Constantly.

@IGotWorms  He just calls everyone racist.  Hey I get it.  You don't like what someone says.  Great.  But calling them racist just because you don't like their opinion is weak.  The only time I've called someone a racist that I can remember recently, and I'm sure you'll fact check me on this, is @GutterBoy and the reason I did so was a clearly racist comment. 

There are a lot of FBG's transplants who are making this place unreadable.  That's unfortunate but a byproduct of Mike allowing free speech much moreso than other forums.  Unfortunately, some don't take the responsibility of free speech seriously. 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I am not a fan of separation. I keep observing this notion coming up all over the place.  First it was safe spaces, and then you had situations like at Evergreen, and more and more I see this ideas that segregating AA's away to themselves is a net good. That somehow they need protection of "whiteness" etc. I just cannot get behind that. 

I think everyone can work well together and all the rest is just manipulation by powerful people. 

So...... no, lets not separate, lets fix instead.  

Well, different rules for black people has been a major foces of the liberal party. But if conservative white people address black people in a different matter, than somehow that's not ok.

No matter the topic, liberals will and moan.about everthing the conservatives do. In this case, it's treating black people different. Except in this case, the conservatives are addressing a problem specific to the black community for good reason. If as a group their average GPAs are  well below standards, to me it makes sense to address the issue head on instead of trying to clump them in with other groups that aren't having the same issues.

If we put people in jaill for murder, they are all treated as a group of murderous criminals.It would suck if non murderous people had to go to jail with them.  Liberals treated the liberal arsonist violent criminals of the 2020 riots by bailing them out, whereas the tresspasser selfiefesters got thrown in solitary confinement for months on end.

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

Untrue.  But I'm fine mixing in other content.  But let's talk about some others, that I go after regularly:

@The Real timschochet In another thread he specifically asked RLLD what Trump had done that he supports.  RLLD posted an extensive, impressive list.  Even Tim acknowledged as much.  But then he goes on to say that  the list DOESN'T MATTER because Trump's underlings had to come up with some of those ideas and talk him in to it.  I'm not even going to go in to the question of whether that assertion is true.  Because it doesn't matter unless we assume all Presidents come up with every idea they support on their own.   That's ridiculous on it's face.  But that's Tim.  Constantly.

@IGotWorms  He just calls everyone racist.  Hey I get it.  You don't like what someone says.  Great.  But calling them racist just because you don't like their opinion is weak.  The only time I've called someone a racist that I can remember recently, and I'm sure you'll fact check me on this, is @GutterBoy and the reason I did so was a clearly racist comment. 

There are a lot of FBG's transplants who are making this place unreadable.  That's unfortunate but a byproduct of Mike allowing free speech much moreso than other forums.  Unfortunately, some don't take the responsibility of free speech seriously. 

I don’t read a lot of RealTim’s stuff.

When you called out Worms most recently was when he replied to cdub who made a clearly racist comment.

Is League Champion from FBG?  Because he’s by far the worst of the new posters here, and it’s not close (I’d put him 2nd worst overall to peefoam).

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

When you called out Worms most recently was when he replied to cdub who made a clearly racist comment.

Is League Champion from FBG?  Because he’s by far the worst of the new posters here, and it’s not close (I’d put him 2nd worst overall to peefoam).

It's always the worst poters who call others "worst posters". timCrack,  mdCack, pimpledoosh, guttermutt timCrotchItch...😆

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

@The Real timschochet In another thread he specifically asked RLLD what Trump had done that he supports.  RLLD posted an extensive, impressive list.  Even Tim acknowledged as much.  But then he goes on to say that  the list DOESN'T MATTER because Trump's underlings had to come up with some of those ideas and talk him in to it.  I'm not even going to go in to the question of whether that assertion is true.  Because it doesn't matter unless we assume all Presidents come up with every idea they support on their own.   That's ridiculous on it's face.  But that's Tim.  Constantly.@IGotWorms

I’m flattered that you read what I wrote. But as usual, you completely missed my point. I wasn’t arguing that Trump didn’t come up with most of those ideas; I’m arguing that Trump was OPPOSED to most of those ideas, and that he ended firing the people who made them, My overall theory is that Donald Trump was a disaster as President, not because he is conservative or populist or nativist, but because he is an incompetent narcissist, He was only saved by the guardrails of competent people around him who resisted his crazy ideas. This time around those guardrails will be gone. The quite reasonable conservative ideas that @RLLD approves of will be nowhere in sight. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m flattered that you read what I wrote. But as usual, you completely missed my point. I wasn’t arguing that Trump didn’t come up with most of those ideas; I’m arguing that Trump was OPPOSED to most of those ideas, and that he ended firing the people who made them, My overall theory is that Donald Trump was a disaster as President, not because he is conservative or populist or nativist, but because he is an incompetent narcissist, He was only saved by the guardrails of competent people around him who resisted his crazy ideas. This time around those guardrails will be gone. The quite reasonable conservative ideas that @RLLD approves of will be nowhere in sight. 

You are making a bunch of assertions with no supporting evidence.  And the FACT that you support Biden, with all his disastrous policies despite having supposedly competent people around him, while disparaging Trump who has a laundry list of GOOD policies, hurts your credibility.  Not that you had any, at least with me, to begin with.

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is the smartest thing you've ever posted.  Good for you.

Just now, Strike said:

You are making a bunch of assertions with no supporting evidence.  And the FACT that you support Biden, with all his disastrous policies despite having supposedly competent people around him, while disparaging Trump who has a laundry list of GOOD policies, hurts your credibility.  Not that you had any, at least with me, to begin with.

The supporting evidence, which I already mentioned, is The Divider, by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, two highly respected New York Times reporters. I get that this will be meaningless to you and a source you likely don’t trust, but I do. 

I strongly suspect, in fact I know, that you and I disagree about Biden’s supposed “disastrous” policies. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

The supporting evidence, which I already mentioned, is The Divider, by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, two highly respected New York Times reporters. I get that this will be meaningless to you and a source you likely don’t trust, but I do. 

I strongly suspect, in fact I know, that you and I disagree about Biden’s supposed “disastrous” policies. 

1)  If your only evidence is a single book you're doing it wrong.  You should be able to find ample evidence on the free interwebs that you can provide us.

2)  Even Libs are pushing back against a lot of Biden's policies.  It's not disputable that he has very little positive to point at.  I'd love your equivalent list to RLLD's Trump one.  Go for it.  This should be good.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

1)  If your only evidence is a single book you're doing it wrong.  You should be able to find ample evidence on the free interwebs that you can provide us.

2)  Even Libs are pushing back against a lot of Biden's policies.  It's not disputable that he has very little positive to point at.  I'd love your equivalent list to RLLD's Trump one.  Go for it.  This should be good.

I will. I need to go do some work now but I will give you that list later. 

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is the smartest thing you've ever posted.  Good for you.

Thanks I guess.  Do you think “diversity doesn’t work” is a racist statement?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Thanks I guess.  Do you think “diversity doesn’t work” is a racist statement?

Possibly.  But I don't think it's black and white either.  I won't say unequivocably that Cdub made a racist statement although I disagree with his wording.  NY's diversity came about through slow waves of people coming here who wanted to be Americans.  It didn't come by letting in such a significant number of people in such a short amount of time, who don't necessarily want to be Americans as much as want to GTFO of where they're coming from and want the free stuff the Dems are giving them.  Answer me this:  Why are Americans on the hook for housing/feeding/supporting all these immigrants?  We don't do that for legal immigrants. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I will. I need to go do some work now but I will give you that list later. 

Sure you will 🤣

2 hours ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  No one "reasonable" here thinks I'm a troll dipsh*t.  Just you and the other FBG's rejects who showed up after you all destroyed that forum. 

Word

26 minutes ago, Strike said:

Possibly.  But I don't think it's black and white either.  I won't say unequivocably that Cdub made a racist statement although I disagree with his wording.  NY's diversity came about through slow waves of people coming here who wanted to be Americans.  It didn't come by letting in such a significant number of people in such a short amount of time, who don't necessarily want to be Americans as much as want to GTFO of where they're coming from and want the free stuff the Dems are giving them.  Answer me this:  Why are Americans on the hook for housing/feeding/supporting all these immigrants?  We don't do that for legal immigrants. 

No one was talking about immigration policy when he made that statement.

It was about a guy who wrote a song, and cdub was mad because the guy who wrote the song referred to a “melting pot” of different colors, but cdub thinks “melting pot” should only be referring to white people.

Sorry, but that (and then going on to say “diversity doesn’t work”) is unequivocally racist.

Sure, I don’t necessarily think taxpayers should be paying the way of illegal immigrants.  But I also don’t think we should just send them back to where they came from.

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It was about a guy who wrote a song, and cdub was mad because the guy who wrote the song referred to a “melting pot” of different colors, but cdub thinks “melting pot” should only be referring to white people.

Sorry, but that (and then going on to say “diversity doesn’t work”) is unequivocally racist.

Sure, I don’t necessarily think taxpayers should be paying the way of illegal immigrants.  But I also don’t think we should just send them back to where they came from.

No need to send anyone back anywhere. Just don't let them in. Easy peasy. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

No need to send anyone back anywhere. Just don't let them in. Easy peasy. 

Nope. Plenty of them have to go back. We don’t have enough room.  

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. Plenty of them have to go back. We don’t have enough room.  

I was.talking about the one's trying to get in. I have zero problem with kicking out ALL illegals. At minimum cost to us. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Narcissist, agreed.  Incompetent, I dunno.  St Barack went into office with a resume of one term voting "present" in the Senate.  Biden is mentally absent at this point, I think you used to argue this but hopefully you see the obvious.

When I was a young engineer I spoke to my boss's boss about my career plans.  I laid out all of the different jobs I planned to do to move up in the company.  He said, "you know, as you move up you will eventually get to a position where you didn't do every job you are managing."  Now expand that a million fold for the job of running the free world.

The ability to hire the right people and to "manage managers" is a critical skill for a POTUS.  Truth is, I recently gave Trump a hard time because it didn't seem like he did a good job hiring people the first go round, so why would this time be different?  But you are basically saying Trump was only successful because he surrounded himself with competent people.  That's what I disagree with.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Like @Strike, I think it depends on context.  If he said that a "melting pot" should only be white people, then sure, it was meant in a racist way.  But we've been fed a message that diversity for diversity's sake is implicitly beneficial.  This is false.  It is a factor which may or may not be beneficial depending on the situation.

49 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Like @Strike, I think it depends on context.  If he said that a "melting pot" should only be white people, then sure, it was meant in a racist way.  But we've been fed a message that diversity for diversity's sake is implicitly beneficial.  This is false.  It is a factor which may or may not be beneficial depending on the situation.

Glad we agree that “diversity never works” is wrong.  Here’s his full post, he wasn’t really replying to anyone except Oliver Anthony’s statement.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, Cdub100 said:

The term melting pot was used when America was 95% white European. It was describing a country made up of Germans, Irish, Italians, slavs etc... It didn't mean other races it meant white people of different European countries coming together. You can have a melting pot of different cheese or different chocolates.

After the 1965 immigration act started changing our country's up. The diversity people stole the term melting pot to what people think it is today.

Diversity is our strength is some 1984 level propaganda. You can't have a melting pot of cheese, chocolate, and corn on the cob. It doesn't work. Diversity doesn't work anywhere in the world.

42 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Glad we agree that “diversity never works” is wrong.  Here’s his full post, he wasn’t really replying to anyone except Oliver Anthony’s statement.

That’s very clearly a racist statement. Writing that you can’t have cheese and chocolate together in terms of race is a typical segregationist comment. There’s no other way to interpret this, no context that would make it acceptable, 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Then who’s going to pay for them if not the taxpayers? 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Academic Freedom!!!!!!  

Also known as promoting killing of Jews.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Oops. Supreme Court refuses to reinstate DeSantis’ anti drag show law: 

https://www.southcarolinapublicradio.org/2023-11-16/florida-drag-shows-win-temporary-victory-in-supreme-court?_amp=true

Maybe they will overturn his other stupid laws as well. One can only hope. 

It's a temporary victory.  SCOTUS is going to let it play out in the lower courts first.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:11 AM, Dizkneelande said:

Sorry, didn’t get a chance to review these links when you posted them originally. @Voltaire this is what I referenced in the other thread.

Just skimmed through most of them, at least the ones without a paywall.

A couple were idiots, one was just talking about how as a minority mathematician they experienced racism from other mathematicians at conferences (so not saying math itself is racist).  Several of them were mostly just talking about how the names of theorems and such were not credited to the minorities that truly discovered them and instead credited to whites, which I guess can be considered racist but at the end of the day I’m not sure if will really impact performance.  Although along those lines several of the articles (2 of the links were the same exact story btw) talked about how a school tried to include references that might make blacks feel more included in order to hopefully improve performance which they acknowledged was less than their white peers.  But I’m sure you would consider that CRT.

Oddly enough I thought the CNN article had the best argument for why “math is racist,” but of course it’s a far cry from what the GC implies when they say “the left thinks math is racist!”  It was talking about how algorithms use zip codes to determine things like loan interest rates and prison sentences.  This is racist and is basically a modern day version of redlining.   I’ve said in other threads that it’s not racist to say that “on average blacks commit more crime” or whatever, but it is racist to then apply those averages to all blacks.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:10 PM, The Real timschochet said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/19/politics/ron-desantis-ap-african-american-studies/index.html

The DeSantis administration has taken a decidedly Stalinist approach to education: we will teach what we want you to learn, all else is verboten! 

I'm all in. :thumbsup:

Go DeSantis!! He would have my vote if I lived in Florida.