Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Four of the top five richest Congress members are Republitards

Being a rich politician isn't an issue.  HOW they got rich may be.  And it seems like for the most part those in your linked story got rich by being good businessmen, including the Dem and with the exception of the guy who pulled a John Kerry to get rich.  Some people just get lucky.  Both of those are preferable to how Pelosi got rich.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Who cares how rich they are? 

I do. The middle class has no representation.  My vote doesn’t matter as much as someone’s donations do. Not even close. 

Y'all gripe about Biden making a few shillings after he served as vice president and then ignore the rich Republitards who are wealthy and represent the wealthy. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Such hyprocrites!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Y'all gripe about Biden making a few shillings after he served as vice president and then ignore the rich Republitards who are wealthy and represent the wealthy. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Such hyprocrites!

🤣

He bought a house from the DuPont family within 2 years of being elected to the senate. The DuPont’s didn’t live in a nice little ranch house. And he bought all of his homes before he became VP.  

58 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

🤣  Rusty cant read, he just takes the headline and runs. 

2 inherited their wealth, 2 founded tech companies and 1 former CEO.  

Now do the top 5 richest Democrats.  

Rusty tries. He fails all the time, but he tries.

36 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Here's another one living in the dark ages of his mind.

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Because the hypocritical far righties here are positively incredulous that Biden has any money. Never mind that he's only worth about $8 million, and it's not uncommon for presidents and vice presidents to earn a lot of money through books and speaking engagements after they leave office. Look at how much money Trump has made doing speaking engagements and selling nuclear secrets to Russia and North Korea.

Thirty of the top 50 richest Congress members are Republicans.

I don't care about their wealth, but I do like to point out the hypocrisy. 

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Such hyprocrites!

🤣

A few shillings!

I think instead of going with shillings you might have worked on incorporating a few pence.  Seems there is opportunity for a pun on the prior administration if you chose that direction.

I am gratified that you are willing to admit the problem, even if you do it through your bias.  Because it IS a problem.  :thumbsup:

From my experience the only people who complain about rich people are people who aren't even middle class. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

From my experience the only people who complain about rich people are people who aren't even middle class. 

...and the white knights who want to help the poor by taking 'someone else's' money, as long as it isn't theirs.

14 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

2 inherited their wealth, 2 founded tech companies and 1 former CEO.  

Don't throw facts into this...  It might confuse the left...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Because the hypocritical far righties here are positively incredulous that Biden has any money. Never mind that he's only worth about $8 million, and it's not uncommon for presidents and vice presidents to earn a lot of money through books and speaking engagements after they leave office. Look at how much money Trump has made doing speaking engagements and selling nuclear secrets to Russia and North Korea.

its not how rich they are its how they got rich

Pelosi insider trading for example

Biden 10% for the big guy for example

I don’t like Rich people running our government via donations and jobs after people leave government. And other such deals known as regulatory capture. 

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

1. rusty calls republicans a name that implies being dumb.
2. rusty also claims he is a republican.
3. rusty just called himself dumb.

I've  been referring to the parties as Republitards and Democraps on this board for more than 20 years, dipshit. 

Also, I don't affiliate with any party. I identify as a moderate conservative and vote all across party lines.

I identify you as a conspiracy-loving, catastrophizing, prediction-failing, pseudointellectual, paranoid, ignorant moron, bless your heart.

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Hypocrisy is the most boring of all political subjects: it’s so universal at this point that it’s completely unremarkable. 

But there is a trend in our society to condemn wealthy people simply because they are wealthy. This is more common among lefties than righties, though some on the right, especially in the Trump era, have swallowed this populist poison. I don’t care how wealthy anyone is, unless that wealth was gained by corrupt means. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hypocrisy is the most boring of all political subjects: it’s so universal at this point that it’s completely unremarkable. 

But there is a trend in our society to condemn wealthy people simply because they are wealthy. This is more common among lefties than righties, though some on the right, especially in the Trump era, have swallowed this populist poison. I don’t care how wealthy anyone is, unless that wealth was gained by corrupt means. 

A republican makes his money running a legit company and you vilify him.

Biden makes his money in quid pro quo politically motivated deals with Ukraine and China through his son and you refuse to call that out. 

You and Rusty are the two biggest idiots on this site.

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You don’t care about the wealthy deciding our elections and the legislation and regulation post election? 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Biden legitimately made millions off book and speaking stuff. Yet the alt righties try to shove Ukraine into the proceedings and ignore the fact that a former vice president can make good money off book and speaking stuff. And yet they ignore the millions Trump has made off speaking engagements.

Hey, can we all please just accept that these guys make millions off speaking engagements after they leave office?

I'm totally fine with it!

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Biden legitimately made millions off book and speaking stuff. Yet the alt righties try to shove Ukraine into the proceedings and ignore the fact that a former vice president can make good money off book and speaking stuff. And yet they ignore the millions Trump has made off speaking engagements.

Hey, can we all please just accept that these guys make millions off speaking engagements after they leave office?

Sure. :lol:

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That’s because you’re a partisan moron. The bribe doesn’t come first anymore or in a briefcase. You’re not aware of what’s known as regulatory capture, and how destructive it is to our country. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:44 PM, The Real timschochet said:

I might suggest that anyone in congress who has managed to acquire extravagant wealth on their compensation package, is worthy of a close look.

I have no issue with anyone acquiring wealth, that is one thing of many that makes this country truly great and exceptional.

But when it comes to politicians, I expect corruption and I also expect journalists and the DOJ to hunt relentlessly. And NOT against one party over another