Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Memphis Police Killing

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

Remember when you told us unequivocably that not one police department had reduced funding due to the "defund the police" movement?   Good times........😂

:lol:

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah....I've never said otherwise and the only people who have argued defund are people who are far left and are essentially not listened to

I don't think it is controversial to say that there are bad cops out in the field. Some here disagree with that I'm sure. I don't think all cops are bad and anyone who says that is just being ridiculous. However, I think there are certain positions in society that draw in specific types of people- for any myriad of reasons. Police officers carry a certain level of power and authority and I can see that corrupting good people or enhancing bad traits in bad people. 

What I am saying is I don't think a white cop (or a black cop in this instance) beats up and assaults a black person because of racism...it's because of power. 

I think I agree with you thought process here.

I might suggest it could be worthwhile to investigate that police dept hiring practices.

Do they hire based on diversity or merit?  How do they rate candidates and get them? 

And beyond that what is the culture in that organization. While there are certainly a myriad of influences it is likely true that the ones delivering the MOST impact is culture and norms. 

And then training….

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Remember when you told us unequivocably that not one police department had reduced funding due to the "defund the police" movement?   Good times........😂

I think I asked the question rather than stated it unequivocally. In any case I’ve been very disappointed to learn that this hasn’t been the case. 

30 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Th-th-th-that's all folks.

That video shows: 

1. Radical Democrats without any power calling for defunding the police. 
2. Edited videos of Democratic leadership agreeing to some re-allocation proposals, but cutting off the parts in the same interviews in which they say they are opposed to defunding. 

It’s a deliberately false message, but unfortunately it’s been quite effective; it’s fooled you and millions of others. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think I asked the question rather than stated it unequivocally. In any case I’ve been very disappointed to learn that this hasn’t been the case. 

No, you stated it.  We all had to prove you wrong, as usual.  You don't get to rewrite your (posting) history.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That video shows: 

2. Edited videos of Democratic leadership agreeing to some re-allocation proposals, but cutting off the parts in the same interviews in which they say they are opposed to defunding. 

It’s a deliberately false message, but unfortunately it’s been quite effective; it’s fooled you and millions of others. 

90% of liberals are radical. 

NYC for God's sake defunded police. That isn't just one nutjob that did that.

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

3 years later. 🤣. What a hack. 

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And if it is the thread I am thinking of, it was pointed out that some cities had reallocated/diverted a portion of the funding from the police budget for alternative solutions, but I believe that no city or municipality has cut funding 100% (however there could be one I haven't heard of or where the law enforcement had been outsourced).

1 minute ago, squistion said:

And if it is the thread I am thinking of, it was pointed out that some cities had reallocated/diverted a portion of the funding from the police budget for alternative solutions, but I believe that no city or municipality has cut funding 100% (however there could be one I haven't heard of or where the law enforcement had been outsourced).

Cut funding 100%. Lolololol.  That’s the biggest goalpost move I’ve seen in a while.  Nice work dummy. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That video shows: 

The false message came from you.  It wasn’t condemned. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

That isn’t condemning it. It’s considering it and then calling it something else. You made it up or repeated it. And you’re the one talking about people repeating falsehoods. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

And beyond that what is the culture in that organization. While there are certainly a myriad of influences it is likely true that the ones delivering the MOST impact is culture and norms. 

And then training….

Ding ding ding, we’ve got a winner here.  As I’ve stated before, I worked our arson unit for several years and went to the LE academy.  I was used to be being loved in 99% of my encounters with the public.  I never foresaw just how drastic the mindset change had to be when you strap on a firearm and your goal is to take peoples freedom.  Going in a fire is nowhere near as stressful as dealing with the unpredictability of human emotion. Yes, cops can be a$$holes, but based on my experiences, they are pretty much indiscriminate a$$holes.

Hiring incompetent and unworthy cops for political purposes isn’t working out.  And that goes for the executive ranks too. 

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

Cut funding 100%. Lolololol.  That’s the biggest goalpost move I’ve seen in a while.  Nice work dummy. 

That is what was initially proposed and meant by extremists on the far left, not just a diversion or re-allocation of some funds to alternative programs. 

“Defund the police means defund the police” - Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (S- NY)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why don't we wait and see what George Santos has to say.

Democrats were for defunding the police before they were against it. Flip- flop, flip flop

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did she mean a 100% defunding or did she mean relocating some public funds away from policing, and towards community resources? I think the latter. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Democrats were for defunding the police before they were against it. Flip- flop, flip flop

Did you ever have to make up your mind?
You pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind?
Did you ever have to finally decide?
And say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide?

45 minutes ago, squistion said:

Did she mean a 100% defunding or did she mean relocating some public funds away from policing, and towards community resources? I think the latter. 

It’s a direct quote. I don’t think anyone thought they meant get rid of police. Just make it toothless and useless. It’s still the goal. 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Usually because the alternative is unacceptable. 

In big city politics, the alternative to radical left freaks IS the regular Dems. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

In big city politics, the alternative to radical left freaks IS the regular Dems. 

This I know. I was very upset by the results of the Los Angeles election. Rick Caruso is one of my heroes. Karen Bass…is not. 

Most women police are useless. Yet they keep promoting them to the top. Stop it. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lotta saying the ugly stuff out loud in this forum….

It ain’t ugly if it’s true. I said most and that was me showing my soft side. 

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Ding ding ding, we’ve got a winner here.  As I’ve stated before, I worked our arson unit for several years and went to the LE academy.  I was used to be being loved in 99% of my encounters with the public.  I never foresaw just how drastic the mindset change had to be when you strap on a firearm and your goal is to take peoples freedom.  Going in a fire is nowhere near as stressful as dealing with the unpredictability of human emotion. Yes, cops can be a$$holes, but based on my experiences, they are pretty much indiscriminate a$$holes.

This is pretty much my take on this stuff.   I don't think it's racist cops specifically targeting black people, it's a-hole cops that are patroling randomly, but probably have more encounters with that community.  

2 hours ago, squistion said:

That is what was initially proposed and meant by extremists on the far left, not just a diversion or re-allocation of some funds to alternative programs. 

Try to follow along dummy.   The discussion was 1- No police defunding was done, then 2- Democrat Leaders didn't call for the defunding that did happen.

Do you see your red herring extremists proposal anywhere in 1 or 2.  No you don't because you're a foking moron.  The discussion purposely went away from extremists to the leaders and the leaders aren't extremists.  Supposedly.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Like all Trump women are ugly?  Hypocrite.  

On 1/27/2023 at 5:36 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Not uncommon among people who are afraid they're about to die. Has happened with soldiers on the battlefield countless times. 

This video is some pretty focked-up stuff. These cops need to do prison time for this.

I meant to rewatch The video. Cuz I didn't really see much of anything. I mean if they're going to beat the guy, can they do it in better lighting?

And no, I can't imagine a time where I actually want to see my mother. Especially when I'm getting my ass kicked.  

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

And no, I can't imagine a time where I actually want to see my mother. Especially when I'm getting my ass kicked.  

I imagine the guy was on queer street then

so this story is pretty focking quiet now?

hmmmm. fetanyl convict loser killed by one whitey cop and we burned cities and carried in a gold coffin and painted murals.

5 brother cops whoop a brother to death in same fashion as rodney king....crickets?

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

hmmmm. fetanyl convict loser killed by one whitey cop and we burned cities and carried in a gold coffin and painted murals.

5 brother cops whoop a brother to death in same fashion as rodney king....crickets?

Yup.  They can only yell white supremacy in the beginning until it gets ridiculed and then they are out of ammo.  

This is a rumor I saw on a cop message board. Again, rumor. But if true…. One of the officers supposedly sent a picture of the victim after they beat him to his Baby Mama. She worked with the victim at Fed Ex. 

On 1/31/2023 at 4:47 PM, The Real timschochet said:

HT is just what you think he is. A do nothing, mean nothing, never was jerk who gets off by playing Internet tough guy. 

The dude says thinks like he is in a mob movie, wished rape on a kid, and never shows intelligence above a 5th grade level. That goofy game show probably really left him really frustrated all the time

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

HT is just what you think he is. A do nothing, mean nothing, never was jerk who gets off by playing Internet tough guy. 

Listen up skippy, when you came back from your alleged suspension, I said I’m not going to deal with you. You’re an emotional wreck. But since you have returned , you’ve done nothing but come at me. Fine. You ask for what you get. But just don’t whine and complain like you have in the past. This is your chance to move on and spare yourself.  

On 2/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, porkbutt said:

thanx man.  great post!