Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Memphis Police Killing

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know that Babylon Bee is supposed to be the conservative version of The Onion. The difference is that The Onion skews both conservatives and liberals alike, and is funny while doing it. Somehow the Bee is never funny. 

Like most conservative humor, which is why the right wing answer to SNL failed miserably on Fox (can't remember the name).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

Like most conservative humor, which is why the right wing answer to SNL failed miserably on Fox (can't remember the name).

I believe it was called "Ratings Death"

This Memphis police killing stuff is a colossal fail of the system of policing there. White, black, green, purple, whatever- no need for 5 people to be beating the piss out of a dude laying on the ground or for someone to be firing a taser at them.

This is a system issue and not a race issue. 

39 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

This Memphis police killing stuff is a colossal fail of the system of policing there. White, black, green, purple, whatever- no need for 5 people to be beating the piss out of a dude laying on the ground or for someone to be firing a taser at them.

Weird how now suddenly it's NOT a race issue when the cops aren't white.  GTFO.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

There was a white cop involved...also i'm not someone who immediately says it is a race issue with police. I think it is a training and systemic problem. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

There was a white cop involved...also i'm not someone who immediately says it is a race issue with police. I think it is a training and systemic problem. 

Then you're the only liberal on the planet who does that, I guess.

• Haha 1

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Then you're the only liberal on the planet who does that, I guess.

I'm not a liberal and reality is reality. I've never been a fan of the whole idea of the "defund the police" push. Thought it has been stupid the whole time. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not a liberal and reality is reality. I've never been a fan of the whole idea of the "defund the police" push. Thought it has been stupid the whole time. 

Not a liberal?  Wow.  How about that.  Could've fooled me.  

Okay then, Sean Mooney is not a liberal!  Thank you for clarifying.  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Not a liberal?  Wow.  How about that.  Could've fooled me.  

Okay then, Sean Mooney is not a liberal!  Thank you for clarifying.  :thumbsup:

Not sure why you are so feisty about that. I've never ever argued that cops are inherently racist. I've said numerous times I think the whole defund the police thing is idiotic. I've been consistent about it. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Not sure why you are so feisty about that. I've never ever argued that cops are inherently racist. I've said numerous times I think the whole defund the police thing is idiotic. I've been consistent about it. 

Whoa....I agree with you.  I'm saying thank you for clarifying your position.  :thumbsup:

We have a lot of "centrists" on this site that full on agree with and defend extreme liberal progressive policy.

8 hours ago, squistion said:

You’re an idiot 

“With 2.494 million total viewers and 396,000 viewers in the key demographic group of adults 25-54, Gutfeld! beat not just everything else on cable, but the high-profile broadcast networks’ late night shows as well. CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert was a close second with 2.1 million viewers and 375,000 viewers in the key demo, followed by NBC’s The Tonight Show(1.289 million viewers and 318,000 in the demo), and ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live (1.285 million total viewers and 287,000 viewers in the key demo).”

7 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Which one of the 5 black guys was white? 

5 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

And what is a "systemic" problem? 

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

There was a report yesterday in the news about the white guy who used a taser on the guy while he was on the ground and was heard on his bodycam saying "I hope they stomp his ass."

10 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So we need to higher the standards not lower them and fund thr police rather than defund?

Basically everything opposite of the ideas that come from left/progressives.

10 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It all depends on the direction of the wind that day.

Black cops kill black guy?  They certainly need better training.  The system failed.

White cops kill black guy?  Well certainly cops are hunting down black kids.  Racist nation.  Defund the police. 

Any cops kill white guy.  No reaction from anyone.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

The race card playing hypocrisy is strong with this black on black crime. :rolleyes:

It’s a big story, if your game is exploitation through racial division you find a way to use it.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It’s a big story, if your game is exploitation through racial division you find a way to use it.

Of course, that angle gets the most outrage and clicks.  

10 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

We should tread carefully here . This is the mentality that has harmed us in the past.

This usage of a “systemic” problem is a trope often used against groups. We have seen it applied to African Americans and other groups to lump individuals actions against the entirety.

Rather than repeat that lazy act to assign individual action to the larger piece we should confine our assessment to the individuals and their actions.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So we need to higher the standards not lower them and fund thr police rather than defund?

Basically everything opposite of the ideas that come from left/progressives.

Yeah....I've never said otherwise and the only people who have argued defund are people who are far left and are essentially not listened to

34 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We should tread carefully here . This is the mentality that has harmed us in the past.

This usage of a “systemic” problem is a trope often used against groups. We have seen it applied to African Americans and other groups to lump individuals actions against the entirety.

Rather than repeat that lazy act to assign individual action to the larger piece we should confine our assessment to the individuals and their actions.

I don't think it is controversial to say that there are bad cops out in the field. Some here disagree with that I'm sure. I don't think all cops are bad and anyone who says that is just being ridiculous. However, I think there are certain positions in society that draw in specific types of people- for any myriad of reasons. Police officers carry a certain level of power and authority and I can see that corrupting good people or enhancing bad traits in bad people. 

What I am saying is I don't think a white cop (or a black cop in this instance) beats up and assaults a black person because of racism...it's because of power. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah....I've never said otherwise and the only people who have argued defund are people who are far left and are essentially not listened to

:lol:

At Least 13 Cities Are Defunding Their Police Departments

And this is from last April alone. You are sooo stupid. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/08/13/at-least-13-cities-are-defunding-their-police-departments/?sh=41ef7ee729e3

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

:lol:

At Least 13 Cities Are Defunding Their Police Departments

And this is from last April alone. You are sooo stupid. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/08/13/at-least-13-cities-are-defunding-their-police-departments/?sh=41ef7ee729e3

And those moves were condemned by every level of Democratic leadership, from Biden to Pelosi to Clyburn to Schumer. There is nobody outside of the radical left who applauds those decisions. 

Sean Mooney is right about this; you’re wrong. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And those moves were condemned by every level of Democratic leadership, from Biden to Pelosi to Clyburn to Schumer. There is nobody outside of the radical left who applauds those decisions. 

After reading the weather vanes as time passed many democrat leaders have now agreed which way the wind blows.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

After reading the weather vanes as time passed many democrat leaders have now agreed which way the wind blows.

No. The “Defund the Police” idea was condemned from the beginning by Democratic leadership, most notably by Biden and Jim Clyburn. There was no reading whether vanes it was immediate rejection. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No. The “Defund the Police” idea was condemned from the beginning by Democratic leadership, most notably by Biden and Jim Clyburn. There was no reading whether vanes it was immediate rejection. 

Would you use defund and reallocate as synonyms?  

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Problem is the narrative of the 2020 election was "Biden is a puppet of the far left...." which is far from the truth. However, narratives, die hard (also see: Donald Trump is the end of democracy as we know it)

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I stand corrected.  I thought his comments on "redirecting" funding was the equivalent as it would have taken funding from police departments.  Then he transitioned, I thought, to reimagining policing, then he landed in his current position.  All of this, reflects a different direction than supporting putting 100,000 more cops on the streets, but the weather has changed over the years.

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why do Dems vote for radical left leaders in major US cities then? If regular Dems don't share their ideas? 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why do Dems vote for radical left leaders in major US cities then? If regular Dems don't share their ideas? 

Usually because the alternative is unacceptable. 

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Condemned? No. They did not condemn it.  

46 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Remember when you told us unequivocably that not one police department had reduced funding due to the "defund the police" movement?   Good times........😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Usually because the alternative is unacceptable. 

More unacceptable than ideas and opinions you don't agree with.  Got it.  

Lol such a hack 

39 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They only vote D?  They are voting for other issues besides police?  They don't think about their vote?  The R candidate was worse in their opinion?  Maybe they ran unopposed?  They are loons that want to defund the police?  The politicians hid their craziness until they were elected? 

There's hundreds of reasons why people vote the way they do.  I ask similar when I see kooks like MTG getting elected to office as well.