Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Meatball Ron

Donald Trump, noted lover of political nicknames, has reportedly landed on a new moniker for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis: "Meatball Ron."

A new report from The New York Times claims that the former president has privately been using the name (and a few others) to refer to the governor, who is widely rumored to be mulling a campaign for the presidency, which would pit him directly against Trump in 2024.

Per the Times, Trump has been describing the governor "as 'Meatball Ron,' an apparent dig at his appearance, or 'Shutdown Ron,' a reference to restrictions the governor put in place at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic."

Trump disputed the report on his social media site Truth Social, writing on Tuesday morning that coming up with nicknames for DeSantis is "a very unimportant subject to me," but in the same post, using his original nickname for the Florida governor: "Ron DeSanctimonious."

"All of the Fake News is reporting that I spend large amounts of my time coming up with a good 'nickname' for Ron DeSanctimonious, who is obviously going to give the presidential 'thing' a shot," Trump wrote. "They are all 100% wrong, I don't even think about it — A very unimportant subject to me!!!"

Link. :thumbsup: 

Pothole pete.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/buttigieg-tells-crowd-white-construction-workers-are-taking-jobs-from-communities-of-color/ar-AA17rCyq?li=BBnb7Kz

Buttigieg tells crowd White construction workers are taking jobs from communities of color

"We have heard way too many stories from generations past of infrastructure where you got a neighborhood, often a neighborhood of color, that finally sees the project come to them, but everyone in the hard hats on that project, doing the good paying jobs, don't look like they came from anywhere near the neighborhood," Buttigieg said. 

For 7 years now we've been hearing Trump give all his competitors and detractors mean, cruel and nasty nicknames.  What other politician or anybody in such an important position does this.  It's Middle School stuff.  And I guess that's why no one retorts with a nasty nickname for him.  No one calls him Trumpty or Trumpty Dumpty.  But I think it's time when he calls somebody a nasty nickname, they retort with a similar one right back at him.  Ron Desantis should call Trump Meathead.  And everyone else should use whatever he calls them, a similar one in return.  Jmfho.

6 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

For 7 years now we've been hearing Trump give all his competitors and detractors mean, cruel and nasty nicknames.  What other politician or anybody in such an important position does this.  It's Middle School stuff.  And I guess that's why no one retorts with a nasty nickname for him.  No one calls him Trumpty or Trumpty Dumpty.  But I think it's time when he calls somebody a nasty nickname, they retort with a similar one right back at him.  Ron Desantis should call Trump Meathead.  And everyone else should use whatever he calls them, a similar one in return.  Jmfho.

If I were Meatball Ron or the RNC establishment, I’d hire some obnoxious comedian to run for office specifically to take the low road against Donald. Have him call Trump “Dirtbag Don” and walk around talking about how Trump cheats on all his wives just like he cheats on his taxes. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

If I were Meatball Ron or the RNC establishment, I’d hire some obnoxious comedian to run for office specifically to take the low road against Donald. Have him call Trump “Dirtbag Don” and walk around talking about how Trump cheats on all his wives just like he cheats on his taxes. 

Actually this isn't a bad strategy, it would put Trump on tilt.  On the flip side it would also rally his base.

"All of the Fake News is reporting that I spend large amounts of my time coming up with a good 'nickname' for Ron DeSanctimonious, who is obviously going to give the presidential 'thing' a shot," Trump wrote. "They are all 100% wrong, I don't even think about it — A very unimportant subject to me!!!"

It means so little to him, he took the time to tell us how little he doesn't think about it.  😂

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Actually this isn't a bad strategy, it would put Trump on tilt.  On the flip side it would also rally his base.

As long as he’s alive, his core base doesn’t need any rallying. Anyone who would vote for Trump today, isn’t going anywhere and there’s nothing he could do to lose them.

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

As long as he’s alive, his core base doesn’t need any rallying. Anyone who would vote for Trump today, isn’t going anywhere and there’s nothing he could do to lose them.

I guarantee he calls Haley Nasty Nikki.

Just now, paulinstl said:

👍🏻 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

No fuking way Donald came up with Ron DiSanctimonious. That's actually clever.

:lol:

Pete Buttigieg blames Trump for Ohio train derailment amid criticism

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg shifted part of the blame for the recent derailment of a train carrying toxic chemicals in Ohio on the Trump administration reversing a little-known safety rule.

Buttigieg noted Tuesday evening that his agency had taken a series of steps to improve rail safety through "historic investments," but said it was constrained by the Trump administration action. In 2018, the Department of Transportation (DOT) withdrew a rule proposed three years earlier requiring trains carrying certain dangerous chemicals to utilize electronically controlled pneumatic (ECP) brakes, saying the technology's benefits were inconclusive.

"In the wake of the East Palestine derailment and its impact on hundreds of residents, we’re seeing lots of newfound or renewed (and welcome) interest in our work on rail safety, so I wanted to share more about what we’ve been doing in this area," Buttigieg tweeted.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Yeah, everybody has been so cordial towards him this whole time. 

9 hours ago, kozmiq said:

For 7 years now we've been hearing Trump give all his competitors and detractors mean, cruel and nasty nicknames.  What other politician or anybody in such an important position does this.  It's Middle School stuff.  And I guess that's why no one retorts with a nasty nickname for him.  No one calls him Trumpty or Trumpty Dumpty.  

No one?

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

TRUMP!!!!   :cry:

This thread is kinda about him and his 2024 run, I don’t think you can use that line.

Which is especially weird that you are since you keep spasming and yelling BUT BUTTIGIEG

• Thanks 1

😆 Triggered. 😆

9 hours ago, MDC said:

Donald Trump, noted lover of political nicknames

9 hours ago, MDC said:

27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This thread is kinda about him and his 2024 run, I don’t think you can use that line.

Which is especially weird that you are since you keep spasming and yelling BUT BUTTIGIEG

5 hours ago, paulinstl said:

Knew a girl named Nikki

Guess you could say she was a sex fiend

Met her in a hotel lobby

Masturbating with a magazine 

• Like 1

Sleepy Joe is so mean and cruel. Almost as bad as Low Energy Jeb.  

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Appreciate mdc keeping tabs on every Trump move. Good on ya. :thumbsup:

What can I say? He makes me laugh. :lol: 

On 2/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, MDC said:

This is the kind of serious political discussion that is lacking around here. 

On 2/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, GutterBoy said:

Meatball Ron?  Meatballs are delicious.  How is that an insult?  Bro lost his mind.

It’s because he’s stocky so he kinda looks like one.  I think it’s hilarious and I hope he actually uses it.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:59 AM, GutterBoy said:

Meatball Ron?  Meatballs are delicious.  How is that an insult?  Bro lost his mind.

"Bro". :lol:

On 2/15/2023 at 10:08 AM, kozmiq said:

In a way it's fascinating how scared of Trump politicians seem to be.    None of his competitors even have the balls to say his name half the time, let alone stoop to the nickname game.   It's bizzare, but they know that he gives 0 focks and will just keep going.    Meatball Ron is dumb, and it makes me laugh.   

On top of them not fighting him, you have the Ds handing him victories on a platter.   Trump was the first one to visit East Palestine?   GTFO - he gains some major points there.  

On 2/15/2023 at 8:16 AM, MDC said:

1. if the milktoast wing of the GOP attacks trump, he is liable to leave the GOP and run third party which would turn 2024 in the liberal landslide.
2. if they sit there and take his attacks and ignore him, the milktoast wing looks weak.
3. if they throw Trump in jail, you can bet all the Trumpers will refuse to vote Desantis and 2024 will be a liberal landslide.

what MIGHT end up happening is support for Ukraine collapses.  That would probably damage both Trump and Desantis.  The high profile GOP candidate that has been loudly against the Ukraine war from the start is Rand Paul.  So there is a scenario here where republicans turn heavily against the Ukraine war and Rand Paul leaps into the lead for the GOP nomination. 

Rand Paul has been consistent his entire career on cutting wasteful spending, limited government and more recently being against the Ukraine war.  The stars might align for Paul in 2024.  Even if Paul doesnt get the nomination, he'd be one hell of a veep pick in that environment.

today the top issue among repubican is the economy.  a year from now, it is probably stop funding ukraine and get us out of that.  thats a totally different environment that favors Rand Paul over Desantis and Trump.

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

1. if the milktoast wing of the GOP attacks trump, he is liable to leave the GOP and run third party which would turn 2024 in the liberal landslide.
2. if they sit there and take his attacks and ignore him, the milktoast wing looks weak.
3. if they throw Trump in jail, you can bet all the Trumpers will refuse to vote Desantis and 2024 will be a liberal landslide.

what MIGHT end up happening is support for Ukraine collapses.  That would probably damage both Trump and Desantis.  The high profile GOP candidate that has been loudly against the Ukraine war from the start is Rand Paul.  So there is a scenario here where republicans turn heavily against the Ukraine war and Rand Paul leaps into the lead for the GOP nomination. 

Rand Paul has been consistent his entire career on cutting wasteful spending, limited government and more recently being against the Ukraine war.  The stars might align for Paul in 2024.  Even if Paul doesnt get the nomination, he'd be one hell of a veep pick in that environment.

Trump is liable to deep six the GOP candidate out of spite even if they don’t attack him. He has a reputation for being the world’s sorest loser. ;) 

Rand Paul has no shot at the GOP nomination. Zero.