Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Has anyone ever been witch hunted more than Trump?

9 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Glad you're concerned. Trump is not hiding his autocratic intentions. You sound like a NRA spokesperson the day after a school shooting. 

While he is not ever going to develop a system of government by one person with absolute power, he might just mimick the behavior of the Democrats who are Maoist.  THAT is my biggest fear, he subsumes this liberal inclination toward totalitarianism.  Frankly, I assume he will.  He is supposed to be the hedge against it, and I am not confident he would be. 

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

What if you are correct and Trump is elected?  What might HE do to all these people and agencies that conspired to ruin him? I have a pointed concern that he might come in with vengeance.  But lets assume, for the moment, that he comes in solely with the intent to clean up an obviously corrupt DOJ.....I am not confident he avoids crossing the line into a witch-hunt against those who have criminlized the DOJ....and that bothers me, quite a bit actually....

Make Jim Jordan as Attorney General and then get out of the way. Trump is lazy. He understands financial policy and how to be a host, he's not well versed in most other subjects. 

The nuts and bolts of the House GOP is run by Elise Stefanik. McCarthy is just the public face and title. All the real power is held by Stefanik from a logistical standpoint. 

Decent odds he gives Tulsi Gabbard a cabinet position. She was formerly high ranking in the DNC before she was essentially black listed and ousted. If Gabbard is anywhere in power, Hillary Clinton will be prosecuted. 

I know many people don't like Jim Jordan, but he is highly effective. He's basically the Red version of Amy Klobuchar. I suspect Jordan would be the perpetual speed bump here, to keep it from going over the edge completely. 

Yes, I think he goes after everyone. Big Social Media might be first. But the Clintons and Obama will see no mercy from him. Blinken, Weingarten, Granholm and Mayorkas are big fat softball targets. 

Trump is lazy. He'd let Jordan and Stefanik deal with it and they aren't sadists. Stefanik is a rising star in the GOP and the future Speaker Of The House one day. She's not risking that on a pure blood hunt. Would would define 'crossing the line'? That becomes an interesting question. 

I don't think it would go to the lengths of what Team Blue has done since 2015. However you need "fresh meat for the base" for the successive Mid Term elections to come. Conservatives and Republicans in this country aren't going to forget easily what was done. They will want an accounting of the crimes committed against the working class. 

What I believe would happen is Trump would do a press conference every single day. As sitting POTUS, no platform could ban him. And he could just list off every scandal of every Democrat in office. For example, Gavin Newsom cheating on his second wife with a staffer. Or Nancy Pelosi's son, who has done some stuff that would get him imprisoned and executed in other non Western countries. The corruption of Gretchen Whitmer and Big Pharma. 

Trump is all talk. So let him talk. That's the most he'll do with his own hands. But it will be enough to drag the reputations of everyone who went after him. He's only good at one thing, and that's fighting. He loves to fight. He loves it when people hate him. He thrives off of that chaos. But it's Jim Jordan and Elise Stefanik who will be slow, methodical and precise. Josh Hawley is incredibly effective at basically interrogating people in Congressional hearings, strong bet he'll just be let loose, let free from the kennel and told there is no bag limit. 

The people who will likely face the full fury will be Jesse Armstrong, Adam McKay and Will Ferrell. Basically most of the brain trust around the show Succession. The character Greg "The Egg" Hirsch was designed to mock what would happen to Barron Trump when he got older. On paper, the story was supposed to be modeled after Rupert Murdoch and his family. But a lot of it was basically a bunch of free shots at characters built around Trump's family. No one, I mean no one in Hollywood would be OK with a show that basically openly mocked the Obama daughters. Trump operates like that. He'll ignore lots of standard criticism because it's fuel for his narcissism.  But the stuff aimed at Barron Trump is going to be a bridge too far. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Make Jim Jordan as Attorney General and then get out of the way. Trump is lazy. He understands financial policy and how to be a host, he's not well versed in most other subjects. 

The nuts and bolts of the House GOP is run by Elise Stefanik. McCarthy is just the public face and title. All the real power is held by Stefanik from a logistical standpoint. 

Decent odds he gives Tulsi Gabbard a cabinet position. She was formerly high ranking in the DNC before she was essentially black listed and ousted. If Gabbard is anywhere in power, Hillary Clinton will be prosecuted. 

I know many people don't like Jim Jordan, but he is highly effective. He's basically the Red version of Amy Klobuchar. I suspect Jordan would be the perpetual speed bump here, to keep it from going over the edge completely. 

Yes, I think he goes after everyone. Big Social Media might be first. But the Clintons and Obama will see no mercy from him. Blinken, Weingarten, Granholm and Mayorkas are big fat softball targets. 

Trump is lazy. He'd let Jordan and Stefanik deal with it and they aren't sadists. Stefanik is a rising star in the GOP and the future Speaker Of The House one day. She's not risking that on a pure blood hunt. Would would define 'crossing the line'? That becomes an interesting question. 

I don't think it would go to the lengths of what Team Blue has done since 2015. However you need "fresh meat for the base" for the successive Mid Term elections to come. Conservatives and Republicans in this country aren't going to forget easily what was done. They will want an accounting of the crimes committed against the working class. 

What I believe would happen is Trump would do a press conference every single day. As sitting POTUS, no platform could ban him. And he could just list off every scandal of every Democrat in office. For example, Gavin Newsom cheating on his second wife with a staffer. Or Nancy Pelosi's son, who has done some stuff that would get him imprisoned and executed in other non Western countries. The corruption of Gretchen Whitmer and Big Pharma. 

Trump is all talk. So let him talk. That's the most he'll do with his own hands. But it will be enough to drag the reputations of everyone who went after him. He's only good at one thing, and that's fighting. He loves to fight. He loves it when people hate him. He thrives off of that chaos. But it's Jim Jordan and Elise Stefanik who will be slow, methodical and precise. Josh Hawley is incredibly effective at basically interrogating people in Congressional hearings, strong bet he'll just be let loose, let free from the kennel and told there is no bag limit. 

The people who will likely face the full fury will be Jesse Armstrong, Adam McKay and Will Ferrell. Basically most of the brain trust around the show Succession. The character Greg "The Egg" Hirsch was designed to mock what would happen to Barron Trump when he got older. On paper, the story was supposed to be modeled after Rupert Murdoch and his family. But a lot of it was basically a bunch of free shots at characters built around Trump's family. No one, I mean no one in Hollywood would be OK with a show that basically openly mocked the Obama daughters. Trump operates like that. He'll ignore lots of standard criticism because it's fuel for his narcissism.  But the stuff aimed at Barron Trump is going to be a bridge too far. 

oh yeah, he should hire the best people, not the idiotic corrupt ties to russia crew like last time

3 hours ago, Fnord said:

Glad you're concerned. Trump is not hiding his autocratic intentions. You sound like a NRA spokesperson the day after a school shooting. 

You radical leftists can't have it both ways. 

Sometimes Trump is an incompetent buffoon when it fits the narrative. 

Now, according to you, Trump is the second coming of Keyser Soze. 

You activists can't keep your narratives straight. Trump is an imbecile. He's a failed reality TV star grifter. He has no real understanding of the law. All he would be is a green light. The people the DNC and Team Blue should fear are Jim Jordan, Josh Hawley, Matt Gaetz, Elise Stefanik and Ronna McDaniel. And if they get Cabinet posts, then Tulsi Gabbard and Vivek Ramaswamy. 

How much "retribution" potential is possible is based on how hard Jordan and Stefanik will hit the gas pedal. And neither of them are open sadists. 

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

oh yeah, he should hire the best people, not the idiotic corrupt ties to russia crew like last time

There are lots of talented people in the GOP. 

Overturning Roe was more than just Trump picking people for SCOTUS. It was a long attrition based fight for decades. What happens in State Legislatures is often the net impact of the adherence to form, process and logistics by the Conservative base. 

It's easy to look at a nimrod like Lauren Boebert and try to cast the entire GOP in that light. But that's just not true. Now, if I will be fair, Trump has made bad Cabinet level picks before. That's not something I'll dispute. But to castigate the entire Republican apparatus as some kind of hillbilly monolith as some whacked out death cult is just not reality. 

Big Social Media, Hollywood, Big Education and the activist MSM coordinated with the previous administration, the intelligence agencies and federal law enforcement agencies to persecute a sitting POTUS. Even if you hate Trump, and there's lots to hate, that's a death knell for our Republic. The kind of people who do that will just outright kill your children if it's "politically expedient" enough to do that. Do some of you radical leftists here get that? 

Hate Trump if you want. He's an imbecile and an exhausting grifter. But the pathway to hunt him non stop creates the practical environment where the nation you live in right now, and that your children will inherit one day, is looking less and less like a real democracy. One day Trump will be gone, one way or another. But the pathway to relentlessly try to destroy him at all costs creates a country where it's just far easier for your children to get lined up against a wall one day. 

Hate Trump if that's your choice. Despise him. But is that worth the safety and security and future of your kids? Because some of you activists don't realize that's exactly what you are choosing. If you think so little of The Big Cheeto, why burn your own kids at the altar of that dipsh!t? 

Team Blue and the DNC were so desperate to get rid of Trump, in 2020, they let entire cities burn. Do you think they'll have any more mercy on your children? 

If you think I'm wrong, crack open a history book sometime. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

You radical leftists can't have it both ways. 

Sometimes Trump is an incompetent buffoon when it fits the narrative. 

Now, according to you, Trump is the second coming of Keyser Soze. 

You activists can't keep your narratives straight. Trump is an imbecile. He's a failed reality TV star grifter. He has no real understanding of the law. All he would be is a green light. The people the DNC and Team Blue should fear are Jim Jordan, Josh Hawley, Matt Gaetz, Elise Stefanik and Ronna McDaniel. And if they get Cabinet posts, then Tulsi Gabbard and Vivek Ramaswamy. 

How much "retribution" potential is possible is based on how hard Jordan and Stefanik will hit the gas pedal. And neither of them are open sadists. 

Well thank you for finally responding to me in words, not a YouTube video I'm never going to watch.

Despite the need to label me as such, I am not a radical, activist, or a "leftist." I am not claiming Trump is anything other than a buffoon. More specifically, he's an idiot savant, incompetent at anything other than pugnacious self-promotion and enrichment. You're just trying, again, to somehow align your low opinion of Trump with the fact that you will vote for him happily. You know that's a grave mistake but your conservative media indoctrination won't allow you to get past the established narrative that he's preferable to Biden in any meaningful way. If he wins, he will do everything he possibly can to consolidate his own power, including an attempt to take control over the DOJ, which is what your team is complaining about already having taken place. That's a pretty heavy incongruity, and you know it.

LOL at  pedastalizing the hack Gym Jordan. Jim Jordan will do what Trump tells him, like the obedient attack dog that he is.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Well thank you for finally responding to me in words, not a YouTube video I'm never going to watch.Despite the need to label me as such, I am not a radical, activist, or a "leftist."

😆

3 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

There are lots of talented people in the GOP. There are, good people too.

Overturning Roe was more than just Trump picking people for SCOTUS. It was a long attrition based fight for decades. What happens in State Legislatures is often the net impact of the adherence to form, process and logistics by the Conservative base. This was a mistake. I expect it to cost the GOP. imo, it goes against the will of the majority, and is based in religious opinion.

It's easy to look at a nimrod like Lauren Boebert and try to cast the entire GOP in that light. But that's just not true. Now, if I will be fair, Trump has made bad Cabinet level picks before. That's not something I'll dispute. But to castigate the entire Republican apparatus as some kind of hillbilly monolith as some whacked out death cult is just not reality. I don't believe general lefties think that. Most here probably have favorable views on some of the others running for potus. 

Big Social Media, Hollywood, Big Education and the activist MSM coordinated with the previous administration, the intelligence agencies and federal law enforcement agencies to persecute a sitting POTUS. Even if you hate Trump, and there's lots to hate, that's a death knell for our Republic. The kind of people who do that will just outright kill your children if it's "politically expedient" enough to do that. Do some of you radical leftists here get that? Big effing deal. Repubs impeached a guy for getting a beej. Death knell? piss off here.

Hate Trump if you want. He's an imbecile and an exhausting grifter. But the pathway to hunt him non stop creates the practical environment where the nation you live in right now, and that your children will inherit one day, is looking less and less like a real democracy. One day Trump will be gone, one way or another. But the pathway to relentlessly try to destroy him at all costs creates a country where it's just far easier for your children to get lined up against a wall one day. and here..

Hate Trump if that's your choice. Despise him. But is that worth the safety and security and future of your kids? Because some of you activists don't realize that's exactly what you are choosing. If you think so little of The Big Cheeto, why burn your own kids at the altar of that dipsh!t? its total comedy at this point right? you can't be serious.

Team Blue and the DNC were so desperate to get rid of Trump, in 2020, they let entire cities burn. Do you think they'll have any more mercy on your children? we have to do it..for the children!

If you think I'm wrong, crack open a history book sometime. which history book covers these insane ramblings.

despite my comments..thank you for your long and entertaining posts.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

That’s a great American right there. 

23 hours ago, squistion said:

Hillary. And after all the allegations and investigations, nothing was proven and she was not indicated in any jurisdiction for even a misdemeanor. 

I just have to 😂. She was guilty they just didn’t want to press charges. It was even confirmed she acid washed computers and destroyed phones. 

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Based on how he handled everything or his policies?

To me, his biggest failures were passing the buck on OBL, Branch Davidians, losing the houses in 92, and just flat out lying every time he spoke. His policies dealing with the economy were good when he understood working with congress was a positive. Signing the Welfare Act which D!ck Morris advised so he could cement his his second term. 

The discovery process should be good. Oh wait, the judge is going to limit it. There’s always the Supreme Court. Smith isn’t so hot there. 8-0 the last time he went. 

3 hours ago, Herbivore said:

ha..losers

Can people even imagine supporting this pedo? Talk about being a loser. :doh:

14 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

To me, his biggest failures were passing the buck on OBL, Branch Davidians, losing the houses in 92, and just flat out lying every time he spoke. His policies dealing with the economy were good when he understood working with congress was a positive. Signing the Welfare Act which D!ck Morris advised so he could cement his his second term. 

When I was younger, I'd have agreed with you, but as I got older and saw the results of the Crime Bill and the Telecommunications Bill that he passed... might be 2 of the worst bills that this country enacted in about a hundred years.  Both had massive negative affects on the country that are still plaguing us today.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, League Champion said:

To think that you guys openly crow about how the Trump meme dream team is so powerful that it has a chance to sway the election. This is a beautiful example of how it makes you look like complete fuking idiots to those that think for themselves and are capable of comprehending long-form news articles that, you know, actually delve into relevant facts and nuance. Keep it up buddy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When I was younger, I'd have agreed with you, but as I got older and saw the results of the Crime Bill and the Telecommunications Bill that he passed... might be 2 of the worst bills that this country enacted in about a hundred years.  Both had massive negative affects on the country that are still plaguing us today.

For real. That telecommunications bill was an abomination of corporate-lobbyist trash and is at least part of the reason that we all seem to be operating with different sets of "facts." Consolidation of media has fukked us royally.

I would not classify them as “witch hunts”.

Has anyone been investigated and prosecuted more than Trump?

No, not among American presidents. That’s for sure.

But then again — he did try to overthrow democracy :dunno:

14 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Has anyone been investigated and prosecuted more than Trump?

No, not among American presidents. That’s for sure.

But then again — he did try to overthrow democracy :dunno:

Right? Sorry, you don't get indicted on dozens of counts because you're a choirboy. Or because the DEEP STATE BASTARDS command it. You get indicted dozens of times for, best case scenario, having a bunch of criminals in your orbit. The higher likelihood is that you're a criminal yourself. 

Has any silver spoon fed millionaire ever been such a whiny little twat?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Probably. But at least those twats haven't tried to destroy our country simply because it isn't large enough to contain his ego.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MDC said:

On a personal level, I see Trump as a gutless soft serve narcissist grifter. I want him out of professional politics. All the chaos and drama that comes from being self inflicted ( some of it, a lot of it is FORCED upon him, on the other hand, he brings a lot of ugly crap onto himself by being an exhausting troll) drags away from real issues that should be focused on to help real every day working class Americans. 

However Trump is also, as a matter of principle, an American citizen. 

You can't sustain the Republic by this endless persecution of an American citizen, even if he is a gigantic POS, with some cheap petty "justification" 

The Republic was designed by our Founding Fathers to be bigger than just one man. But that's not what the DNC, Team Blue, the establishment Democrats and the Obama/Biden political machine are doing here. They are basically acting as if this "one man" is worth setting our country on fire. All our principles. All our rule of law. All our institutions and guardrails are crushed in the pursuit of just one exhausting orange nimrod. 

Trump is BOTH right and wrong at the same time. He's right in that the system is corrupt, the activist MSM is basically state sanctioned propaganda and he's often persecuted for being an "outsider" to the political machine. He's wrong in that he has to make it all about him and all the time, when that distracts from actually helping real people out there who are suffering and  a paycheck and a half away from being homeless. 

It's OK to hate Trump if people want to do that. However the response by Team Blue and the DNC and the "establishment" is burning our democracy down in the pursuit of crushing The Big Cheeto. 

The utter destruction of our Republic creates a society where it's far easier for your children to suffer and die. If you think so little of Trump, why allow your children to inherit the kind of world that justifies hunting him beyond all reasonable measure? 

Trump is a worthless POS in my book. But he's not worth the lives, future, safety and security of the people I love in this life. 

I don't have a problem with anyone going after Trump on the basis of real principle. With real principle. Using real principle. But this is not it by any measure. You will probably disagree. My answer to that is take a look at your kids each night and ask yourself what kind of world they are going to get in the near future. Some people out there will defend Trump for the sake of him being Trump. I don't agree with that. I believe in defending the actual principle of our Republic, and if that also means, at times, defending Trump, even if you have to bite your nose to do it, you undertake that sometimes because he's an American citizen first and foremost, before being a specific individual. 

You don't care. You might however very quickly when it's the people you love that face their "turn" to be fully purified. Trump is not the only name on that list. Everyone's name is on that list. Your children's names are just written a little further down. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

On a personal level, I see Trump as a gutless soft serve narcissist grifter. I want him out of professional politics. All the chaos and drama that comes from being self inflicted ( some of it, a lot of it is FORCED upon him, on the other hand, he brings a lot of ugly crap onto himself by being an exhausting troll) drags away from real issues that should be focused on to help real every day working class Americans. 

However Trump is also, as a matter of principle, an American citizen. 

You can't sustain the Republic by this endless persecution of an American citizen, even if he is a gigantic POS, with some cheap petty "justification" 

The Republic was designed by our Founding Fathers to be bigger than just one man. But that's not what the DNC, Team Blue, the establishment Democrats and the Obama/Biden political machine are doing here. They are basically acting as if this "one man" is worth setting our country on fire. All our principles. All our rule of law. All our institutions and guardrails are crushed in the pursuit of just one exhausting orange nimrod. 

Trump is BOTH right and wrong at the same time. He's right in that the system is corrupt, the activist MSM is basically state sanctioned propaganda and he's often persecuted for being an "outsider" to the political machine. He's wrong in that he has to make it all about him and all the time, when that distracts from actually helping real people out there who are suffering and  a paycheck and a half away from being homeless. 

It's OK to hate Trump if people want to do that. However the response by Team Blue and the DNC and the "establishment" is burning our democracy down in the pursuit of crushing The Big Cheeto. 

The utter destruction of our Republic creates a society where it's far easier for your children to suffer and die. If you think so little of Trump, why allow your children to inherit the kind of world that justifies hunting him beyond all reasonable measure? 

Trump is a worthless POS in my book. But he's not worth the lives, future, safety and security of the people I love in this life. 

I don't have a problem with anyone going after Trump on the basis of real principle. With real principle. Using real principle. But this is not it by any measure. You will probably disagree. My answer to that is take a look at your kids each night and ask yourself what kind of world they are going to get in the near future. Some people out there will defend Trump for the sake of him being Trump. I don't agree with that. I believe in defending the actual principle of our Republic, and if that also means, at times, defending Trump, even if you have to bite your nose to do it, you undertake that sometimes because he's an American citizen first and foremost, before being a specific individual. 

You don't care. You might however very quickly when it's the people you love that face their "turn" to be fully purified. Trump is not the only name on that list. Everyone's name is on that list. Your children's names are just written a little further down. 

Lot of words there. My take is that Trump is as crooked as any DC lifer but too arrogant and stupid to hide it better. If you want to argue that we should throw the book at all of them you’ll get no argument from me. 

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Words are hard. 😆

Tardcore isn’t. At least not for his wife. :( 

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

If you don't learn from history, you will inevitably begin to repeat the worst mistakes made from previous generations. 

The "proscriptions" under Octavian, Antony and Lepidus seemed practical and "politically expedient" at the time and place. But the echoes of it seeped deep into the downfall of the entire Republic in the future. 

What happens if your children and the people you love no longer fit the right "narrative" one day? 

What happens if they fail the kind of sweeping "purity tests" being rolled out right now? 

What happens if it becomes "politically expedient" to line up your children against a wall for "wrong think" in the future? 

Don't see Trump as just a pathetic narcissistic grifter idiot. Who only got his station in life from his father's success. Also see him, in principle, as an American citizen. Despise Trump the individual if you wish. But if you fail to recognize his status as an actual American citizen, you won't hear the jack boots one day as they kick in your door and put bags over the heads of everyone you've ever loved. 

Don't believe me? Open a history book sometime. In any language. At any time. The stories are all the same when it comes to pure tyranny. Trump is a useless clown. But the mobilization of nearly the entire government apparatus against him is an open attack on freedom. All freedom. If that doesn't trouble you, then you don't realize you are even less safe from "proscription" than The Big Cheeto himself. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Incels love the Joker.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 8:52 PM, thegeneral said:

I say toss him into a lake and see if he drowns.

Because if he floats theeeennnn....