Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Biden’s accomplishments (and failures)

So in another thread @RLLD listed what he liked best about Trump’s accomplishments while in office. @Strike asked me to do the same for Biden. I’m happy to do so but I can’t do it without listing what I believe are his drawbacks as well. Also keep in mind that I come to this from a centrist/liberal perspective: I reject both the current conservative  or “Trumpian” positions on most issues, and the far left attitudes represented by folks like Bernie Sanders and AOC. If you disagree with on my perspective, you’re unlikely to agree with much of my analysis. But here goes anyhow: 

Note- I decided to start a new thread on this because hopefully we can limit the discussion to policy. The current Joe Biden thread is currently dominated by talk of his supposed corruption, supposed mental deficiencies, and supposed pedophilia. Those are three topics I personally have very little interest in discussing. 

1. Upon taking office, Biden was given vaccines for Covid (thanks in large part to Trump’s Warp Speed policy) but with no organization for the distribution of the vaccine. Biden made the vaccine accessible very quickly to millions of Americans and thus saved unknown thousands of lives. 

2. Biden’s spending bill in year one, a follow up on Trump’s emergency spending in 2020, probably saved our economy from collapse. On the minus side, worldwide inflation (not Biden’s fault) was made worse temporarily as a result of this spending. But that price had to be paid. 

3. Biden’s decision to leave Afghanistan was the correct one. His execution was unfortunately, very poor and disorganized. He can be excused to the extent that there is no historical example of a military pullout that wasn’t a total disaster on the ground, whether or not it’s the US leaving South Vietnam in 1975, the French leaving Algeria in 1960, British leaving India and Palestine in 1948, etc etc. All total fockups. Still, we could have and should have performed better. 

3. Biden’s reaction to the invasion of Ukraine is the brightest moment of his Presidency. By taking a stand against aggression and strengthening NATO, Biden acted in the spirit of Harry Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan, and FDR. 

4. On the other hand, I do not understand why Biden is continuing Trump’s tariffs against China. The average import tax for most countries is 3%. For China it’s 19%. As a free trader I think this is hurting China’s economy while not helping ours. I don’t see the advantage. 

5. The infrastructure bill and the falsely named “Inflation Reduction Act” (neither Biden nor Congress can do anything to lower inflation which is worldwide; it’s going down but Biden doesn’t deserve the credit) are good spending bills which are going to create an economic boom- it’s already started. 

6. Biden removed Trump’s cruel and stupid policies at the border. This has created more chaos at the border but I think chaos is preferable to cruelty. What is needed is an overall policy, but at the moment that seems impossible given the sharp disagreement between Democrats and Republicans on this issue. 

I think overall Biden’s done a pretty good job as President. Not great but not bad either. I don’t mind seeing him in there for another 4 years. I don’t like him much; from what I see he’s a liar and a rotten human being. But for me he’s infinitely preferable to what appears to be the alternative at this time. 

• Thanks 1

#1 is a flat out lie.  Guess I won't bother reading the rest.  What a waste.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I like the illegals sleeping on the streets. And my new grocery bill! 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah, no point reading any further.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I like how he has united the country

Ha! Remember that? Didn’t even try. Dividing right out of the gate. 

Good:

- got us out of Afghanistan for good 

- avoided Great Depression with pandemic aid (Trump deserves credit too)

- inflation reduction act is most important thing we’ve ever done on climate. Probably still too little, but it’s big

- infrastructure investment was very badly needed

- response to Russia invading Ukraine could not have been better

- nailed that whole stupid fiscal cliff showdown 

Bad:

- inflation but it’s a necessary evil as opposed to Great Depression from pandemic

That’s about it on a macro level. I could quibble with many smaller issues like his initial response to Maui destruction. And the issues with his loser son continue to plague him. But overall I actually think he has been excellent and moderate 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

lol, that was good :D 

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Good:

- got us out of Iraq for good 

- avoided Great Depression with pandemic aid (Trump deserves credit too)

- inflation reduction act is most important thing we’ve ever done on climate. Probably still too little, but it’s big

- infrastructure investment was very badly needed

- response to Russia invading Ukraine could not have been better

- nailed that whole stupid fiscal cliff showdown 

Bad:

- inflation but it’s a necessary evil as opposed to Great Depression from pandemic

That’s about it on a macro level. I could quibble with many smaller issues like his initial response to Maui destruction. And the issues with his loser son continue to plague him. But overall I actually think he has been excellent and moderate 

Yeah. His Adolf Hitler impression with the red background flanked by Marines where he called half the country dangers to society was very moderate. And unifying. 

They time he didn’t make an incoherent statement was a highlight. 

59 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Bidens disasterous policy in Ukraine is uniting China and India like never before and causing several nations to join the BRICs group against NATO. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

So in another thread @RLLD listed what he liked best about Trump’s accomplishments while in office. @Strike asked me to do the same for Biden. I’m happy to do so but I can’t do it without listing what I believe are his drawbacks as well. Also keep in mind that I come to this from a centrist/liberal perspective: I reject both the current conservative  or “Trumpian” positions on most issues, and the far left attitudes represented by folks like Bernie Sanders and AOC. If you disagree with on my perspective, you’re unlikely to agree with much of my analysis. But here goes anyhow: 

Note- I decided to start a new thread on this because hopefully we can limit the discussion to policy. The current Joe Biden thread is currently dominated by talk of his supposed corruption, supposed mental deficiencies, and supposed pedophilia. Those are three topics I personally have very little interest in discussing. 

1. Upon taking office, Biden was given vaccines for Covid (thanks in large part to Trump’s Warp Speed policy) but with no organization for the distribution of the vaccine. Biden made the vaccine accessible very quickly to millions of Americans and thus saved unknown thousands of lives. 

2. Biden’s spending bill in year one, a follow up on Trump’s emergency spending in 2020, probably saved our economy from collapse. On the minus side, worldwide inflation (not Biden’s fault) was made worse temporarily as a result of this spending. But that price had to be paid. 

3. Biden’s decision to leave Afghanistan was the correct one. His execution was unfortunately, very poor and disorganized. He can be excused to the extent that there is no historical example of a military pullout that wasn’t a total disaster on the ground, whether or not it’s the US leaving South Vietnam in 1975, the French leaving Algeria in 1960, British leaving India and Palestine in 1948, etc etc. All total fockups. Still, we could have and should have performed better. 

3. Biden’s reaction to the invasion of Ukraine is the brightest moment of his Presidency. By taking a stand against aggression and strengthening NATO, Biden acted in the spirit of Harry Truman, Eisenhower, Reagan, and FDR. 

4. On the other hand, I do not understand why Biden is continuing Trump’s tariffs against China. The average import tax for most countries is 3%. For China it’s 19%. As a free trader I think this is hurting China’s economy while not helping ours. I don’t see the advantage. 

5. The infrastructure bill and the falsely named “Inflation Reduction Act” (neither Biden nor Congress can do anything to lower inflation which is worldwide; it’s going down but Biden doesn’t deserve the credit) are good spending bills which are going to create an economic boom- it’s already started. 

6. Biden removed Trump’s cruel and stupid policies at the border. This has created more chaos at the border but I think chaos is preferable to cruelty. What is needed is an overall policy, but at the moment that seems impossible given the sharp disagreement between Democrats and Republicans on this issue. 

I think overall Biden’s done a pretty good job as President. Not great but not bad either. I don’t mind seeing him in there for another 4 years. I don’t like him much; from what I see he’s a liar and a rotten human being. But for me he’s infinitely preferable to what appears to be the alternative at this time. 

Nice job. I totally agree and speak from close to your political position, only I'm centrist-conservative.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Nice job. I totally agree and speak from close to your political position, only I'm centrist-conservative.

😆

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The Biden admin got FEMA involved in staffing vaccine sites - the PA convention center was entirely run by FEMA troops when I got to he vax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/02/05/biden-vaccines-tests-gloves/

Whether that saved thousands of lives or whatever is up for debate. 

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Yeah, no point reading any further.

Not even worth your time. :D 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not even worth your time. :D 

It's a fact that T-pump didn't get past setting up distribution to hospital workers, etc. Because the speedy rollout is a Biden accomplishment and a T-pump failure, the MAGAturd mind rejects anything that credits Biden and disparages their perfect, can't-do-wrong T-pump.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's a fact that T-pump didn't get past setting up distribution to hospital workers, etc. Because the speedy rollout is a Biden accomplishment and a T-pump failure, the MAGAturd mind rejects anything that credits Biden and disparages their perfect, can't-do-wrong T-pump.

😆 Pimpledoosh loves talking about getting his ass pumped. 

The decision to leave Afghanistan was already in motion when Biden took over.  Biden literally scoffed at ground truth field reports that he didn't like.  His Afghanistan failure wasn't due to lack of understanding of the situation.  It was due to ignorance. 

Compounding the issue we had the intelligence of a suicide bombing threat at Abby gate and chose to not act on it due to concerns of upsetting the relation with the Taliban.  This administration put politics before American lives. 

Americans died because of the Biden Administration's decisions during the withdrawal.  We also had to abandon or "no man left behind" policy when we pulled out leaving over a 1,000 US citizens and military enablers in country.  Many of those who worked for the US during our occupation met their ultimate demise.  Often their entire families did as well at the hands of the Taliban.  

Calling this a Biden Accomplishment is sickening. 

At least 15 million people vaccinated under Trump for a vaccine that was approved for distribution on dec 11, 2020. Trump left office 5 weeks later. Maybe if Kamala wasn’t out there telling people not to get it more would have stepped up sooner. Libtards do as told by their betters.  STFU. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Biden admin got FEMA involved in staffing vaccine sites - the PA convention center was entirely run by FEMA troops when I got to he vax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/02/05/biden-vaccines-tests-gloves/

Whether that saved thousands of lives or whatever is up for debate. 

The claim was:

Upon taking office, Biden was given vaccines for Covid (thanks in large part to Trump’s Warp Speed policy) but with no organization for the distribution of the vaccine.

This is a flat out lie.   Not liking the plan you're provided, or thinking you can improve it, does not mean there wasn't a plan.   There were like 20 million people vaccinated before Biden even took office.  How would that be possible if there was not distribution plan???  Even Politico, one of the Libs favorite sites, rated Ron Klain's claim that there wasn't a plan as "mostly false."   Again, not liking a plan doesn't mean a plan doesn't exist.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The claim was:

This is a flat out lie.   Not liking the plan you're provided, or thinking you can improve it, does not mean there wasn't a plan.   There were like 20 million people vaccinated before Biden even took office.  How would that be possible if there was not distribution plan???  Even Politico, one of the Libs favorite sites, rated Ron Klain's claim that there wasn't a plan as "mostly false."   Again, not liking a plan doesn't mean a plan doesn't exist.

Okay fair point. Just saying he did get FEMA involved in distribution and deserves some minor credit for that like Trump deserves credit for Operation Warp Speed.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's not actually a flat out lie, but it is sickening. 

One of the most sickening things i've seen thus far in my life was the perfect timing of Pfizers announcement of a 99% effective covid vaccine. For those who don't remember, that announcement was made the Monday after Biden won the election. If anyone needs proof that elections (not just this one) are often rigged, look no further. 

You mean to tell me Pfizer did not have this information handy, let's say 2 weeks prior? Conveniently they concluded that the vaccine was 99% and ready to go on the Monday after Biden "won"? 

No way they would ever sit on that info for a week or two to make sure Trump's side couldn't use it as a final feather in their cap, right?

So yes.... Biden was handed vaccines on a silver platter. :thumbsup:

I missed the mentioned of the vote grab student debt relief promise. 

3 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

The decision to leave Afghanistan was already in motion when Biden took over.  Biden literally scoffed at ground truth field reports that he didn't like.  His Afghanistan failure wasn't due to lack of understanding of the situation.  It was due to ignorance. 

Compounding the issue we had the intelligence of a suicide bombing threat at Abby gate and chose to not act on it due to concerns of upsetting the relation with the Taliban.  This administration put politics before American lives. 

Americans died because of the Biden Administration's decisions during the withdrawal.  We also had to abandon or "no man left behind" policy when we pulled out leaving over a 1,000 US citizens and military enablers in country.  Many of those who worked for the US during our occupation met their ultimate demise.  Often their entire families did as well at the hands of the Taliban.  

It’s never pretty when you have to tuck and run.

Put another way, we lost 2,402 US lives in Afghanistan (many more grievously wounded, of course).

Thirteen of those were under Biden’s watch. And so that none would ever die again.

It’s terrible those thirteen lives were lost among with the 2,400 others, but this is a pretty dumb thing to hang on Biden.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The claim was:

Trump initially did a fantastic job on the vaccine — really quite impressive.

But for some reason, he then decided to sabotage his own success on the COVID response. I’ll never understand why.

Anyway, I mostly agree with you though — Trump made the vaccine pretty widely available. Problem was he then went into conspiracy land on whether people should get it and was touting sh1t like ivermectin and bleach instead.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s never pretty when you have to tuck and run.

Put another way, we lost 2,402 US lives in Afghanistan (many more grievously wounded, of course).

Thirteen of those were under Biden’s watch. And so that none would ever die again.

It’s terrible those thirteen lives were lost among with the 2,400 others, but this is a pretty dumb thing to hang on Biden.

It was the 4th deadliest day in Afghanistan and could have been avoided in multiple ways.  Biden actively chose not to intervene.  Those are on him.  Everyone we left to fend for themselves are on him. 

Put all the other prior president's failures in their failures category.  The only did Biden did was keep the seat warm and fail to make adjustments to an already planned withdrawal.  He isn't a winner for this. 

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Trump initially did a fantastic job on the vaccine — really quite impressive.

But for some reason, he then decided to sabotage his own success on the COVID response. I’ll never understand why.

Anyway, I mostly agree with you though — Trump made the vaccine pretty widely available. Problem was he then went into conspiracy land on whether people should get it and was touting sh1t like ivermectin and bleach instead.

Trump never touted ANYTHING "INSTEAD" of the vaccine.  Don't be a liar like @The Real timschochet.  You're better than that.

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

Trump never touted ANYTHING "INSTEAD" of the vaccine.  Don't be a liar like @The Real timschochet.  You're better than that.

This is actually correct. Trump’s nonsense regarding hydroxychloroquine and bleach were made long before the vaccines became available. 

I give Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed; however his overall performance during Covid was awful IMO. But hey I’m a liar so what would I know? 

This is actually correct. Trump’s nonsense regarding hydroxychloroquine and bleach were made long before the vaccines became available. 

I give Trump credit for Operation Warp Speed; however his overall performance during Covid was awful IMO. But hey I’m a liar so what would I know? 

You mean the Covid vaccine that the pharma companies waited til after the election to make available. Nothing to see there 

Trump never once mentioned bleach. We have been doing light therapy to disinfect blood for years now

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That’s focking hilarious. You’re a centrist conservative that hates trump. Fine. But you also bash every single conservative candidate as well. You also support abortion to full term and trannies sharing lockers with girls. You talk down about Florida and Texas. You know those free conservative states. And you love funding the big war machine. Please tell me where your conservative value lie

But hey I’m a liar so what would I know? 

Finally you're seeing it for yourself. 

12 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Boyo your 100% acceptance of every single election CT (the Kraken will be proven right!!!) makes you a completely unreliable source for actual facts.

I would accept nothing you post as truthful since you've been proven to be easily duped by alt right liars and conmen. 

biden's accomplishments: 

• It's very enjoyable to watch him forget what he's talking about every time he speaks
  • He falls down a lot and that's hilarious

biden's failures:

• His whole life...

Opening the borders during a pandemic and not even testing the people that walk in was a great move. One of his best. 

One of his greatest accomplishments was how quickly he upgraded the Taliban's battlefield capabilities. He took them from the Stone Age to the Space Age overnight. 

• Haha 1

I am not enthusiastic about whe Biden has done while President. I would hope that the next President fixes much of what he has done, notably the border.