Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

***Happy Football Day Week 2****

Someone on that Philly online keeps leaving early 🤔

That Addison catch salvaged an otherwise disastrous FF night, especially since I'm playing against the best team in the league.  

Also that catch helped me win my biggest bet of the night:  $25 on Smith 60+ re yds, Addison 40+ re yds.  +188 for $72 payout.  I don't usually bet more than $10 a play, but it was a "no-sweat" bet where you get a bonus bet back if you lose, so I figured what the hell.  :cheers:

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Someone on that Philly online keeps leaving early 🤔

Kelce holding on the regular on run plays toooooooo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I got Mattison in because I have no real choice, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

:ninja:

4 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I focking hate that fumble touchback rule 

If the ball goes out of bounds from the endzone it should be the fumbling teams ball right where the fumble occurred. It makes no sense to give the ball to the other team when they didn't recover the fumble. That is completely asinine. 

8 hours ago, Gepetto said:

If the ball goes out of bounds from the endzone it should be the fumbling teams ball right where the fumble occurred. It makes no sense to give the ball to the other team when they didn't recover the fumble. That is completely asinine. 

The browns would have beaten the chiefs in the playoffs a couple years ago but the touchback rule saved the chiefs in a 22-17 victory. That probably goes down in browns lore as “the fumble part 2”. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/1/17/22236172/nfl-fumble-touchback-rule-browns-chiefs-playoffs-rashard-higgins

Eagles definitely don’t look great but I’m encouraged that they’re 2-0 against two teams that aren’t total zeroes with new O and D coordinators and Hurts not playing well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Eagles definitely don’t look great but I’m encouraged that they’re 2-0 against two teams that aren’t total zeroes with new O and D coordinators and Hurts not playing well. 

That's a fair take. I agree. The Eagles have looked flawed but found a way twice against decent opponents. They've been beatable, it was there for the opponents both times but neither could pull it off. They also have a higher gear that they can play at which we haven't seen yet. 

For their part, the Vikings were the better team against Tampa and Philly but self-destructed both times. The defense looks legit and offense looked good when they weren't fumbling.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That's a fair take. I agree. The Eagles have looked flawed but found a way twice against decent opponents. They've been beatable, it was there for the opponents both times but neither could pull it off. They also have a higher gear that they can play at which we haven't seen yet. 

For their part, the Vikings were the better team against Tampa and Philly but self-destructed both times. The defense looks legit and offense looked good when they weren't fumbling.

I think the Eagles are the more talented team than Minny for sure, they seem to be finding themselves now with new coordinators and teams scheming up new looks for Hurts. Now it’s on Philly to adjust. I’m loving our new young DL.

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think the Eagles are the more talented team than Minny for sure, they seem to be finding themselves now with new coordinators and teams scheming up new looks for Hurts. Now it’s on Philly to adjust. I’m loving our new young DL.

Belichick showed the rest of the league how to do it (but he lost anyway because his offense is a work in progress at best).

Now Hurts has to show he can smash through that too 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Belichick showed the rest of the league how to do it (but he lost anyway because his offense is a work in progress at best).

Now Hurts has to show he can smash through that too 

Eagles just need to pound the ball more with the running backs vs the QB designed runs and Hurts needs to get better at hitting the receiver on slants and quick routes. He either wants to go deep or run.

I think Philly will be fine but they have to readjust. Just glad the schedule is light up front.

• Sad 1

I agree, one of the dumbest rules in sports. That being said, as someone on GMF said this am, all the rules (now) so heavily favor the offense - can’t give them every damn break. 

There was a fumble, somebody has to get the ball. The offense had the ball, that’s reward enuff to keep it - but there has to be some consequence too…… I say offense ball, placed on the 50. They can cry but sure AF beats the hell out of the other team getting the ball. 

• Confused 1

I can only think of one other time I’ve ever seen that fumble rule enforced and I’m pretty sure it was a Dawkins strip against the Niners? To give you an idea of how little it comes into play.

Honestly I think it should be the offense’s ball at the one. 

What’s up with two Monday games?

43 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What’s up with two Monday games?

They have been doing that for the first few opening weekend Monday games. Not sure why not week 1 but yes in week 2. ??

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

They have been doing that for the first few opening weekend Monday games. Not sure why not week 1 but yes in week 2. ??

Now that you say that, I remember last year. I was always used to the week one doubleheader they used to do. 

Taylor Decker out vs the Seahawks is a big blow at OT for the Lions, meanwhile Moseley and Jaemo are still out, also missing a backup DT, but Seattle will be missing both their starting OTs so can't complain. Injuries go around the league and hit everybody. 

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Taylor Decker out vs the Seahawks is a big blow at OT for the Lions, meanwhile Moseley and Jaemo are still out, also missing a backup DT, but Seattle will be missing both their starting OTs so can't complain. Injuries go around the league and hit everybody. 

did I hear Gibbs may be featured more?

Also, now it's football day, Thursday is just an appetizer.  Time for the Chiefs to rebound in a hot and muggy Jacksonville game with potential for rain.

Good luck @Fumbleweed

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

did I hear Gibbs may be featured more?

Also, now it's football day, Thursday is just an appetizer.  Time for the Chiefs to rebound in a hot and muggy Jacksonville game with potential for rain.

Good luck @Fumbleweed

That's what Dan Campbell has been hinting at. Folks in the media think Gibbs was underutilized eek one, Campbell's been saying they were easing him in.  We'll see how it goes. It's concerning how Decker is hurt so I'm curious to see how he'll handle his O-Line. Lions have better depth at guard than tackle.  Fortunately Seattle's D-Line isn't considered particularly great.

Seattle having a strong opening drive against Detroit

Seattle moved the ball well. Once they got in the redzone their offense collapsed but it didn't matter since these officials love throwing dubious flags on the Lions to keep giving the Seahawks free first downs until they finally scored.

CJ Gardner Johnson limped off the field, hope he's OK.

Lions moving the ball on their first drive too in response.

TD Lions. Tie game.

Lions drove into FG range, Campbell went for it on 4th.... turned over on downs. Then Seattle drove into FG range, kicked it and missed. Still 7-7. Both teams moving well on the other. Detroit ball.

Fleaflicker Gibbs back to Goff to Raymond TD Lions 14-7

Neither D is looking great, both bend a lot giving up long drives.

CJGJ back in the game

Falcons kicker missed an XP 🤡

Would be nice if they could beat Green Bay but losing 10-9.

Fumble by Detroit on the first play from scrimmage in the 2nd half. Seattle TD two plays later 14-14

Lions into red zone with a couple of big plays and a facemask penalty. They scored another Lions TD but it was called back on a bullshIt penalty.

St. Brown limps off the field.

Campbell hates FGs. 

Goes for it on 4th and 3 at the 11 and makes it.

Lions TD. No bullsh*t yellow litter this time.

St. Brown is back in the game.