Sign in to follow this  
pipeman

Who’s teams are in shambles already?

Week 1 is in the books, and I’m already combing through the waiver crumbs to stay alive. 
Dobbins gone. Ekeler, Gainwell, Cooper on the pine. Wilson downgraded by Rodgers injury.

Starting RB’s Rachaad and Raheem… I’m doomed.

Anyone else looking forward to 2024 already?

I have had years like this. It is important to use the waiver wire early and often. Speculate on players. Take backups like Jerome Ford in case the Chubbers gets hurt. 

Ya only lost Dobbins.  The others will be back.

I'm also hurting after drafting Wilson with an early 2nd rounder. But nobody makes it through a season without some problems.   

Injury bug as hit me at WR/flex with Watson and Cooks. I just wish they would announce which players are out so I can IR them and make proper adjustments.  

49 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Anyone else nervous and jerky about how! If at all, the AJ Brown/Jalen Hurts saga is gonna play out?

Not a bit. Brown finishes top 10 Wr and Hurts top 5 Qb. 

What makes ya think otherwise? Slow start?  Meh...

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Not a bit. Brown finishes top 10 Wr and Hurts top 5 Qb. 

What makes ya think otherwise? Slow start?  Meh...

Brown came to the sideline and pulled some diva sh1t while the Eagles were winning handily... could potentially be a problem down the road, but who knows

4 hours ago, Chickie said:

Anyone else nervous and jerky about how! If at all, the AJ Brown/Jalen Hurts saga is gonna play out?

No, as one former Eagle said "Getcha Popcorn Ready!" 😁

I've been saying all off season that the eagles were gonna struggle compared to last season.

It's not cost them yet, but if they're squabbling like this during a win, just imagine how it's gonna be when they lose a game or two

• Thanks 1

I might have one...Burrow coming up lame again, Adams concussed, Barkley getting his leg folded in half, and Montgomery going down as well. I may have to start Antonio Gibson next week with all of these injuries. I stand a fair chance of pulling off the impressive fewest points - most points - fewest points week 1-3.

Don't you know? No one on this forearm ever loses!

14 man league with deep benches, I'm looking at Herbert, Akers, and Javonte as my RBs... woof... Hopefully one of my lottery tickets hits or it could be a long season.

Yeah, Team Questionable is well on its way. Davante Adams, Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler and Amari Cooper. At least Must Start Mostert filled in for Cooper this week.

15 hours ago, Chickie said:

Both of them should be fantastic. Try less caffeine. 

11 hours ago, rallo said:

Brown came to the sideline and pulled some diva sh1t while the Eagles were winning handily... could potentially be a problem down the road, but who knows

Generally that’s very good news for the ff deva owners, next week AJ Brown might reach double digit targets.  

1 hour ago, Ehlana said:

Yeah, Team Questionable is well on its way. Davante Adams, Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler and Amari Cooper. At least Must Start Mostert filled in for Cooper this week.

Congrats with Mostert he had a fantastic game.  

On 9/17/2023 at 9:13 AM, kilroy69 said:

I have had years like this. It is important to use the waiver wire early and often. Speculate on players. Take backups like Jerome Ford in case the Chubbers gets hurt. 

Man I hope you took this advice. 

Lost Jamal Williams , whom I thought would be the unquestioned lead back for 4 weeks, but caught a break with Ford on my bench.  Sitting Ford next week vs that Tennessee run D. Lost Diontae, Waddle, maybe hope not. Gotta replace Burrow with the likes of either Stafford or Carr ( no RBs) off WW. Actually lost JaMar’s stack with Burrow, if you look at it that way. Sad when your FF season is over before your FB playoff season is over.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Lost Jamal Williams , whom I thought would be the unquestioned lead back for 4 weeks, but caught a break with Ford on my bench.  Sitting Ford next week vs that Tennessee run D. Lost Diontae, Waddle, maybe hope not. Gotta replace Burrow with the likes of either Stafford or Carr ( no RBs) off WW. Actually lost JaMar’s stack with Burrow, if you look at it that way. Sad when your FF season is over before your FB playoff season is over.

this is an example of why RB depth is so important in fantasy football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chickie said:

very similar to your situation...

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:08 AM, pipeman said:

Week 1 is in the books, and I’m already combing through the waiver crumbs to stay alive. 
Dobbins gone. Ekeler, Gainwell, Cooper on the pine. Wilson downgraded by Rodgers injury.

Starting RB’s Rachaad and Raheem… I’m doomed.

Anyone else looking forward to 2024 already?

Nope…but question is, what moves did you make after week 1 when Dobbins, Ekler and Gainwell injured ?  Some big ww names out there in most leagues, 12t and lower…  

11 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I kept Burrow, Chubb, Montgomery, C Watson, 

You’re to blame.  Thanks.  

5 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Nope…but question is, what moves did you make after week 1 when Dobbins, Ekler and Gainwell injured ?  Some big ww names out there in most leagues, 12t and lower…  

Seven bench spots keeps the waiver pool pretty shallow, but I did pick up Moss last week. I'll be starting two from Mostert, White, Warren, Gainwell and Moss while Ekeler is out.