Sign in to follow this  
rallo

UPDATE: Cam Akers - Traded to Vikings

Healthy scratch this week... is he on the trading block? In the dog house? Or is he the suxor...

According to ESPN he's on the trade block

Can't see any team making a trade for him.  Maybe a repeat of last year where he comes back fresh at the end of the season.  Maybe it's all part of McVay's "genius" plan.

I would like to think C Akers, I picked up Kelley, another owners who has Ekeler traded me Kelley in whom I’m not a fan, for K Williams, whom I’m now a big fan of.   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would like to think C Akers, I picked up Kelley, another owners who has Ekeler traded me Kelley in whom I’m not a fan, for K Williams, whom I’m now a big fan of.   

english version?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Showboat said:

Can't see any team making a trade for him.  Maybe a repeat of last year where he comes back fresh at the end of the season.  Maybe it's all part of McVay's "genius" plan.

Agreed. What would any team possibly offer to trade for Achilles Akers?  McVay was probably frustrated with Akers 1.3 ypc in week 1. Then there's this "Akers was inactive for the game following what Rapoport characterized as a difficult week of practice."

So it's either punishment or rest.  Trade block just seems ridiculous.

Oh I think another team will make a deal.  

56 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Agreed. What would any team possibly offer to trade for Achilles Akers?  McVay was probably frustrated with Akers 1.3 ypc in week 1. Then there's this "Akers was inactive for the game following what Rapoport characterized as a difficult week of practice."

So it's either punishment or rest.  Trade block just seems ridiculous.

if you are basing this on just what happened in a week, you are fully correct.  but this goes back to last year when Akers spent a lot of time in McVay's doghouse.

I'm sure part of it was not being fully productive as he was still recovering from the achilles tear, but it feels like there was more to it than this.

all I am saying is this isnt really a new development  it goes back to the middle of last season.   I personally thought it was over when Akers produced in the last couple weeks of the year, but clearly I was wrong.   Sometimes once a coach decides he does not like a player, there is literally nothing you can do.

I think this applies here.

So all offseason I was against drafting Akers because i believe he is JAG. As the offseason went along and I did various mocks for this site and dove into drafts for the IBL, I started to warm up to Akers based on his ADP and finish to the 2022 season. 

Luckily I only ended up taking him in 1 redraft league at the 6/7 turn and was able to add Kyren off waivers in that league last week. I am actually more pleased if the outcome is a trade, release, or spending all year in the doghouse. Better than some form of rbbc or weekly hot hand. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

So all offseason I was against drafting Akers because i believe he is JAG. As the offseason went along and I did various mocks for this site and dove into drafts for the IBL, I started to warm up to Akers based on his ADP and finish to the 2022 season. 

Luckily I only ended up taking him in 1 redraft league at the 6/7 turn and was able to add Kyren off waivers in that league last week. I am actually more pleased if the outcome is a trade, release, or spending all year in the doghouse. Better than some form of rbbc or weekly hot hand. 

I"m with you.  I picked up Kyren off waivers like you did (due to the dobbins injury actually) and so far have been happy with what hes done.

I do think there will be a buyer for Akers but given the situation, McVay wont get anywhere close to full market value

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

He never really recovered from that Achilles tear.

It’s that simple.

I'll never draft a Rb after an achilles given their abysmal history. It looked like Akers had recovered a lot based on his final 5-6 games last year, and perhaps would become the first Rb to officially break the Achilles Curse. Now, not so much.

Someday a Rb will finally break the curse and whoever drafts him will reap the benefits. But it won't be me. There's gonna be lots of busts along the way, who also won't be on my teams.

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Compound interest for your ff team??? 😂

1 hour ago, gridirongoofs said:

Compound interest for your ff team??? 😂

I’m not a big fan of Kelley, and no one  picked him up after D/A.  So I did, then when the news about Ekeler started to get worst about Ekeler not playing , the owner who had picked up mr Williams called and asked for a trade for Kelley since he owns Ekeler, so I did. It worked out great for me , I started him over Gibbs.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m not a big fan of Kelley, and no picked him up after D/A.  So I did, then when the news about Ekeler started to get worst about Ekeler not playing , the owner who had picked up mr Williams called and asked for a trade for Kelley since he owns Ekeler, so I did. It worked out great for me , I started him over Gibbs.  

Nice work. 

I'm hearing a combo of all 3... 

1. The suxor due to his Achilles injury over a year ago.

2. Dog house due to requesting a trade midway through last year plus some practice drama this year.

3. Trading block due to rumors about a few suitors...

So what to do, drop? Hold and pray? It seems like best case is a trade to MIA, NYG, or Bal where he is a backup at best.

Most likely scenario is LAR sits on him and he doesn't play barring multiple injuries.

Hold or drop?

9 minutes ago, rallo said:

So what to do, drop? Hold and pray? It seems like best case is a trade to MIA, NYG, or Bal where he is a backup at best.

Most likely scenario is LAR sits on him and he doesn't play barring multiple injuries.

Hold or drop?

If Akers was on my team I'd hold for a couple weeks. Hard to ignore his monster games at the end of the year, even after a similar benching. Starting Rbs are tough to come by.

The situation stinks - clogging a roster spot, but scared to drop him. I feel your pain, as we've all been there with various players over the years.

If you have the room to keep Akers, I would.   

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rams-send-cam-akers-to-vikings-for-a-swap-of-draft-picks-in-2026

A year after Akers and the Rams reached an impasse that led to a post-trade-deadline truce, the Rams have shipped Akers to the Vikings, per multiple reports.

Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports that the trade entails a flip of 2026 (not a typo) draft picks. (Our guess, the Rams get a six, and the Vikings get a seven.)

Not at all a surprise to see the Vikings pick up some to team up with Mattison, I never thought that Mattison was good enough to be a true rb1, I’m surprised at how long it took.  I don’t think talent is Akers problem, I think injuries and Akers head is his problem.  

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ehlana said:

Well that's less than ideal for my Alexander Mattison pick.

Less than ideal for my Ty Chandler lotto pick.  The trade speaks to how the Vikings feel about Mattison... and I guess Chandler to a lesser degree.

I didn't think they'd trade Akers, because they'd want a 3rd/4th rd pick or a decent player in return.  But apparently they would've accepted a sack of potatoes to get Akers out of town.

damn, I could have added Kyren Williams for free after waivers cleared last week and I thought about it, then someone else added him.

• Sad 1

Might package him to the Mattison owner for a slight upgrade... I'm not sure his value gets higher this season (barring injuries)...

This is a huge week for Mattison, and by extension his fantasy owners. Not so much because of the trade, but his matchup is much easier than the first two weeks, and because he was verbally assaulted with racial insults on social media. I think he responds, as any man should when attacked in that manner, with a solid to very good fantasy and real football game. Thinking like 80 total yards and a tuddy. He also just got a boost from his OC:

https://x.com/SeifertESPN/status/1704860597689479234?s=20

Any point holding on to Ty Chandler now? On the chance Mattison loses the job and Akers still flops (they’ve not exactly got much invested in him to give him a long leash). 

Who’d be another RB handcuff/lottery ticket you’d want? 

If you have the bench room for a rb3 on his own team Keep Chandler, But I would think that there might be better options.  

44 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

Who’d be another RB handcuff/lottery ticket you’d want? 

Eric Gray ... Giants 5th rd pick out of Oklahoma. Most assumed Gray would be Saquon's backup, but for some reason the coaches are going with washed up Matt Brieda. If he stinks it up, which he probably will... Gray could sneak up for value, at least until Saquon returns.

Zach Evans ... Rams 6th rd pick out of Ole Miss, who fell 3 rounds later in draft than expected. Currently listed as #3 banana, but if anything happens to Kyren Williams, I'd bet Evans eclipses undrafted Ronnie Rivers as the next up.  Some thought Evans would be #2 behind Akers, but obviously Williams impressed the coaches.

Sean Tucker ... pass catcher out of Syracuse who graded 5th rd pick, but went undrafted after missing combine (injured). Was the first undrafted player to sign - first day after draft. Back-up to Rashaad White.

I'm tempted to dump Chandler for Gray. Apparently Chandler hasn't done anything in practice to prove his worth. He's supposedly the best pass catcher on the team, but something is lacking - either rushing or pass protection skills. Heck Maddison is terrible at pass protection so it's surprising they've stuck with him.  Cousins gets hit more than a pinata.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Eric Gray ... Giants 5th rd pick out of Oklahoma. Most assumed Gray would be Saquon's backup, but for some reason the coaches are going with washed up Matt Brieda. If he stinks it up, which he probably will... Gray could sneak up for value, at least until Saquon returns.

Zach Evans ... Rams 6th rd pick out of Ole Miss, who fell 3 rounds later in draft than expected. Currently listed as #3 banana, but if anything happens to Kyren Williams, I'd bet Evans eclipses undrafted Ronnie Rivers as the next up.  Some thought Evans would be #2 behind Akers, but obviously Williams impressed the coaches.

Sean Tucker ... pass catcher out of Syracuse who graded 5th rd pick, but went undrafted after missing combine (injured). Was the first undrafted player to sign - first day after draft. Back-up to Rashaad White.

I'm tempted to dump Chandler for Gray. Apparently Chandler hasn't done anything in practice to prove his worth. He's supposedly the best pass catcher on the team, but something is lacking - either rushing or pass protection skills. Heck Maddison is terrible at pass protection so it's surprising they've stuck with him.  Cousins gets hit more than a pinata.

Thanks. I have Tucker already, I have no depth at RB behind my starters as it’s a 14-team league so all the top backups are gone. Figured it was better to have young potential lottery tickets than guys who might get a few touches here and there. 

What are your thoughts on Rico Dowdle? He’s had 6 and 7 carries in the first two games. Figure the Cowboys will want to protect Pollard and could have a fair few blowouts where he gets work late in games. 

5 hours ago, show me the murray said:

Rico Dowdle? He’s had 6 and 7 carries in the first two games. Figure the Cowboys will want to protect Pollard and could have a fair few blowouts where he gets work late in games. 

Crazy how thin the Cowboys are at Rb... if anything happens to Pollard it's undrafted Rico Dowdle entering his 4th year, or 6th rd pick Deuce Vaughn out of Kansas State who at 5'6" 176 lbs could get his ass kicked by a leprechaun.  Clearly, Dowdle at 6'0" 215 lbs would be the go-to guy.

Dowdle has had injury issues... missed most of senior year at SC, due to groin and knee injuries. Signs as an undrafted free agent with Dallas and plays special teams. In 2021, gets a hip injury in preseason and misses entire season. In 2022, played 5 games on special teams, before an ankle injury ended his season.  

I will say Pollard has never been a workhorse and some guys aren't cut out for it. Obviously Dallas thinks he is, but if he can't take the pounding, Dowdle should get the work. A decent lotto ticket especially since Dallas is a run-first/defense type of team, but unstartable until Pollard misses time.

Bigsby 

Charbonnet 

Both have done nothing to date, but they will.  

Also Like D Harris with Buffalo. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bigsby 

Charbonnet 

Both have done nothing to date, but they will.  

Also Like D Harris with Buffalo. 

Tank didn't ingratiate himself to coaches with that week 1 (head in the clouds) fumble. And then last week, a backwards pass that he missed... resulting in another turnover.  Gonna take a while for him to dig out of that dog house. Sucks because I own him.

Not sure what to think of Harris now. Preseason, I thought he'd be Bills goal line stud along with rotational work. But so far it's been a mix of him and 33 y.o. Murray.

23 hours ago, Ehlana said:

Well that's less than ideal for my Alexander Mattison pick.

It's even less appealing for the guy who drafted both Mattison and Akers. Instead of two starters, I have half a starter.  WTF :mad:

1 hour ago, IMMensaMind said:

It's even less appealing for the guy who drafted both Mattison and Akers. Instead of two starters, I have half a starter.  WTF :mad:

I think Mattison remains the starter for now.

Akers still needs to learn the playbook.   I do think hes a nice insurance policy in the event Mattison cant get it done.

but at the end of the day I think its Mattisons backfield and he has to now prove he deserves to keep it.   if he plays poorly Akers snap share will gradually rise until we get to a point where management has to decide who the better back is.

so for now, you have one starter.  but that may change over time.

• Sad 1

Disagree. They didn’t bring in Akers because Mattison is their rb1.  It’s going to be a RBBC.  I think Akers might even be the one that takes over.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Disagree. They didn’t bring in Akers because Mattison is their rb1.  It’s going to be a RBBC.  I think Akers might even be the one that takes over.  

that might happen.   but its not happening this week and likely not next week either.  Akers likely at least needs 2-3 weeks to learn enough of the playbook to be useful.

so in the interim, Mattison needs to play well enough to keep him off the field if he wants to remain the starter.