Sign in to follow this  
Vtfanatic

What do we make of Derrick Henry moving forward?

Offensively they are a mess.  Do we hold or try and move?  I may be able to move he and London for Etienne and Waddle as an example.

13 minutes ago, Vtfanatic said:

Offensively they are a mess.  Do we hold or try and move?  I may be able to move he and London for Etienne and Waddle as an example.

If you could pull that off I would do it. Can’t imagine anybody making that deal though. Henry and Etienne are pretty even to me but, Waddle has a lot more value than London. London is in a run first system and Waddle is in one if not the best passing offenses in the league.

It’s amazing to see how things went yesterday. At one point he had something like five carries for -7 yards.  

Makes me think, what happened?

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

It’s amazing to see how things went yesterday. At one point he had something like five carries for -7 yards.  

Makes me think, what happened?

Pro Football Focus ranks Titans o-line.... dead last.  To make matters worse their starting left guard (a rookie) was out Week 3. Then of course there's the Browns defense which is disgustingly good - possibly the best in the NFL. And there's Ryan Tannehill who defenses don't seem to respect. The Browns probably had a game plan - stop Henry.  It worked.

Going forward the o-line still stinks and so does Tannehill. Years past Henry overcame the offense's deficiencies. Those days might be over for 29 yo Henry. But not every team has the Brown's defense, so he's bound to have some good games here and there just from the volume. But it's gonna be a long year behind that line.

• Like 1

Said it over the summer beware of Henry.  Last season will mark his last big performance season.  I would try to trade him now.  

He started out slow last year, 85, 25, 85 before 5 straight 100 yard games. 

27 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

He started out slow last year, 85, 25, 85 before 5 straight 100 yard games. 

Year younger, 1,000+ yards less tread, and different o-line.

But I agree he's gonna have some great games.

It happens to all great fantasy RBs at some point.

They hit the wall.

Henry will probably still be better than most RBs most weeks, but I think his days of being fantasy MVP, 150 yds and 3 TDs waiting to happen are over.

That said, he'll probably still have some good games. He's not a must start though

He’s not going to be a consistent contributor this season.  

so.. if all the above is true, does Spears have a path for flex/rb2 conversation?

• Like 1

Lets not panic.   last week was a bad gamescript.   while I do agree his lower production is partly due to poor team play (and line play) I do think there will be better days ahead for him.   they wont all be like last week.

22 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Pro Football Focus ranks Titans o-line.... dead last.  To make matters worse their starting left guard (a rookie) was out Week 3. Then of course there's the Browns defense which is disgustingly good - possibly the best in the NFL. And there's Ryan Tannehill who defenses don't seem to respect. The Browns probably had a game plan - stop Henry.  It worked.

Going forward the o-line still stinks and so does Tannehill. Years past Henry overcame the offense's deficiencies. Those days might be over for 29 yo Henry. But not every team has the Brown's defense, so he's bound to have some good games here and there just from the volume. But it's gonna be a long year behind that line.

This coupled with him being at that age at which running backs typically decline prompted me to pass on him during my draft this year. That didn't really work out well for me, either, because I picked Chubb over him.

🙄

4 hours ago, [echo] said:

so.. if all the above is true, does Spears have a path for flex/rb2 conversation?

Possible 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Possible 

If you had Henry in a ppr, would you have Spears on your bench? Say instead of Cooks, G. Davis or Toney? I'm hoping to get Dell for Toney on waivers tomorrow. 

Depends on your other WRs/Rbs.  

So Cooks, and Davis are still available?  If so I would drop Toney and DJ, pick up Dell/Davis go.   Drop that horrible player that’s known as J Kelley go and pick up Spears.   Good luck.  

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So Cooks, and Davis are still available?  If so I would drop Toney and DJ, pick up Dell/Davis go.   Drop that horrible player that’s known as J Kelley go and pick up Spears.   Good luck.  

No. I also have Cooks, G. Davis and Toney. You'd drop Toney first or DJ?

Yes. I'm planning on dropping Kelley. Hoping to get Moss for him.  If not, I'll do Spears. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, gridirongoofs said:

If you had Henry in a ppr, would you have Spears on your bench? Say instead of Cooks, G. Davis or Toney? I'm hoping to get Dell for Toney on waivers tomorrow. 

thats a nice pickup if you are successful.  I said we needed to wait after Toney's week 1 but now 3 weeks are in.  hes at a point where you may be able to drop him.  hes a streamer against weak defenses but not much more than that.  

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

thats a nice pickup if you are successful.  I said we needed to wait after Toney's week 1 but now 3 weeks are in.  hes at a point where you may be able to drop him.  hes a streamer against weak defenses but not much more than that.  

Thank you Ray.

Can’t see you getting Dell, Moss, Spears.  But I would drop Toney for Dell, Kelly for either Moss or Spears.   

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Can’t see you getting Dell, Moss, Spears.  But I would drop Toney for Dell, Kelly for either Moss or Spears.   

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If for some oddity, I do have a chance at all three, would you drop DJ or B. Cooks for Spears?

I would drop Kelley for any off those two Rbs.   

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would drop Kelley for any off those two Rbs.   

I got Moss and Spears. Dropped Kelley and my defense haha. I'll drop Toney or Cooks and get a defense.  I had the 4th waiver position and Dell went 3rd. Thanks for your time. 

Wouldn’t drop Cooks.  

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wouldn’t drop Cooks.  

I agree.  in week 1 I noticed Cooks getting open on a fair number of the routes he ran even if he didnt get the targets.

week 2 he was injured

week 3 he looked pretty good.  got decent targets but not a lot of production.   I know at least one or two of those targets was a bad throw as Dak was under pressure. but I feel like he is playing well enough where I'd say the numbers and stats will come along eventually.

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wouldn’t drop Cooks.  

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree.  in week 1 I noticed Cooks getting open on a fair number of the routes he ran even if he didnt get the targets.

week 2 he was injured

week 3 he looked pretty good.  got decent targets but not a lot of production.   I know at least one or two of those targets was a bad throw as Dak was under pressure. but I feel like he is playing well enough where I'd say the numbers and stats will come along eventually.

Thank you both. 

I'm only trying to finish ahead of my son in this league 😂 so I appreciate you both and your opinions. 

Spears should be top priority for Derrick Henry owners. I have Spears and don't even have D Henry. Spears is a league winner if Henry gets hurt.

• Like 1

I think the wheels are loose.  

RBs seem to lose just a bit of wiggle or quickness and they're done.  I know that Henry's game is more centered around power but he had plenty of quicks too.

I think that part of his game is much less now.

well, one of the tackles was out for a gambling suspension.  hes back this week.

the rookie lineman(I forget his name) was injured.  not sure if hes out or if hes playing hurt but the first couple of games may not be a real good indicator of what to make of this run game.

I'd give it a couple more weeks before drawing any conclusions.

During the summer a poster kept giving warning about Henry not being able to match his prior history production, and he’s won’t.  To many variables of why.  

all I am saying is if you are missing starters on the line, the production on the ground wont be as it should be.

this is one of those variables.

I predict better days are ahead.   how much better I cannot say.   one of those starters that was gone is now back.  I dont know if the other guy is still out or if he has returned already or for that matter if he played hurt in the last game.   but I have to think it will improve

He will not be a top ten rb this season.  If you own him in a redraft or a keeper I would trade him while his value is still a rb1.  Imo. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

He will not be a top ten rb this season.  If you own him in a redraft or a keeper I would trade him while his value is still a rb1.  Imo. 

Think Kamara will finish higher than him? I might be able to trade for him... ppr league.