Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

SNF Discussion: Chiefs at Jets

Inactives

Chiefs: LB Nick Bolton, CB Jaylen Watson, DE BJ Thompson, OL Mike Caliendo, DT Neil Farrell, DT Keondre Coburn

Jets: RB Israel Abanikanda, WR Jason Brownlee, OL Wes Schweitzer, LB Zire Barnes, DL Al Woods, S Tony Adams

Line: KC -8.0
Total: 41.5

Dalvin Cook please have a good game 🙏🙏🙏

Jesus, really tired of this Taylor Swift cross-promotion BS.

Don’t any of these people have some self respect? :( 

• Thanks 1

I’m going to stop watching Chiefs games. Don’t need to see Taylor Swift after every Kelce catch or KC score. Enough with these BS “stars” 

Jets need to take Zack's key to the facility. Maybe a restraining order. Saleh gonna get canned 

Refs working hard for the Jets! Must have gotten the call from the NFL Office...make this closer.

2 minutes ago, Law said:

Refs working hard for the Jets! Must have gotten the call from the NFL Office...make this closer.

Looks like they must have called Mahomes too. He tried giving away a second pick. Dude dropped it.

Mahomes didn't call a safety at the 1-ft line. Nor did he call a horse collar tackle from the front of the jersey.

I am not able to watch the game but in checking my phone I'm a bit surprised.  the difference in this game is not the passer, it seems to be the ground game which is working for KC but non existent for New York.

Granted I say this having not watched, but Mahomes 135 yards passing with 1 TD and 1 INT  compared to Zach's 141 yards with 1 TD and no INT doesnt seem all that different.

For all the sh!t Zach has got this past week and the way he has handled it (with class) I'm totally rooting for him tonight and going forward.  

2 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

For all the sh!t Zach has got this past week and the way he has handled it (with class) I'm totally rooting for him tonight and going forward.  

well, hes not out of the woods yet.

I'm on my way home now. My hope is I can watch the second half of this game.  It would be a nice story to see that this kid has stepped up his game at the best possible time against KC.  the whole David and Goliath story is a good one. 

Either way, he was likely too young to write off.   he may or may not be a player in the future but he was a top prospect on his draft day for a reason.   people obviously felt he had traits that would one day make him a good pro.   sadly hes in an organization that seems to have very little faith in him, and thats too bad.  you have a young player like this, that player needs support to grow and I question whether he is getting the support he needs.

at least the coach is defending him somewhat when the media is roasting him.    but I think the kid deserves better.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

His whiteness sickitates me. And, he has herpes 

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

Well, the Jets will have an opportunity to be a bit more competitive against the Broncos next week.

Reverse jinx worked perfectly.  Next week the Broncos probably blow them out.  It seems that the Chiefs stopped playing after the first quarter and Mahomes expects magic to happen every time he flips the ball into the air (kinda' like Josh Allen in the first week)..

54 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Reverse jinx worked perfectly.  Next week the Broncos probably blow them out.  It seems that the Chiefs stopped playing after the first quarter and Mahomes expects magic to happen every time he flips the ball into the air (kinda' like Josh Allen in the first week)..

I would love to see the Jets win tlhis game. But I bet them at +8 and I still am weary about it unless that pass rush keeps playing like they have been playing this year.

51 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I would love to see the Jets win tlhis game. But I bet them at +8 and I still am weary about it unless that pass rush keeps playing like they have been playing this year.

Well, you must have loved Pats sliding on the last play :first:

50 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Gotta love winning a bet by a player going down before he scores and then they close out the game. And I get the win with the Jets +8. Phew. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

And, he has herpes 

So do all your dogs, you petophile :ninja:

4 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Well, you must have loved Pats sliding on the last play :first:

Didn't see that game. Saw the score. Not all that surprising I guess. The Pats aint all that.

5 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

So do all your dogs, you petophile :ninja:

Only 2, the other one won't kiss me :banana:

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Didn't see that game. Saw the score. Not all that surprising I guess. The Pats aint all that.

The chiefs quarterback is named Patrick Mahomes.  

"Pat's sliding" isn't in reference to the patriots.

homes. 

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

The chiefs quarterback is named Patrick Mahomes.  

"Pat's sliding" isn't in reference to the patriots.

homes. 

He said Pats, not Pat's. So...:dunno:

12 hours ago, nobody said:

Yeah, you seem to be :dunno:about a lot

Why bring this crap into this thread? Jeez, anything for attention. Move on. 

guys, can we keep this about football?   

please?

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

guys, can we keep this about football?   

please?

He can't help it. 

21 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Gotta love winning a bet by a player going down before he scores and then they close out the game. And I get the win with the Jets +8. Phew. 

Why would he go down like that???

4 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

Why would he go down like that???

To ensure the Jets don't get the ball back. Only a minute and a half and the Jets had no time outs left. That run got the first down and then all the Chiefs had to do was kneel downs. If he scored, there is always a miracle chance the Jets get the ball back, score on a long pass, then get an onside kick, etc. It just ensured the win and basically ended the game without any risk of injury or a miracle loss.

19 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

To ensure the Jets don't get the ball back. Only a minute and a half and the Jets had no time outs left. That run got the first down and then all the Chiefs had to do was kneel downs. If he scored, there is always a miracle chance the Jets get the ball back, score on a long pass, then get an onside kick, etc. It just ensured the win and basically ended the game without any risk of injury or a miracle loss.

My guess is Vegas made a lot of money from that one play...

2 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

My guess is Vegas made a lot of money from that one play...

Possibly, but I'm not sure where the money was leaning.

55 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I guess I don't understand that mindset if these are the best of the best. Maybe in jr high or high school. They are supposed to be professionals though. It's interesting to me is all... I don't gamble either.

Just now, gridirongoofs said:

I guess I don't understand that mindset if these are the best of the best. Maybe in jr high or high school. They are supposed to be professionals though. It's interesting to me is all... I don't gamble either.

It has nothing to do with gambling. It has everything to do with guaranteeing the Jets don't get the ball back for the remainder of the game. The Chiefs were in the lead else he would have gone in. That's all it is. It's a very professional and selfless move on Mahome's part. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

It has nothing to do with gambling. It has everything to do with guaranteeing the Jets don't get the ball back for the remainder of the game. The Chiefs were in the lead else he would have gone in. That's all it is. It's a very professional and selfless move on Mahome's part. 

I understand where you are coming from. We see things differently is all. Thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1

The chiefs need a legit playmaking receiver.  Period. Like a reliable one. As the season goes on, this issue is going to become more and more of a problem.  I still think they should’ve just figured out how to keep Tyreek.  Everyone else fudges the cap somehow.  I’m sure they could have done the same.