Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

@IGotWorms

You going to the protest tomorrow at UW? 

In the days following Hamas’s October 7, 2023, invasion of Israel, the national leadership of Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and many of the organization’s campus chapters have explicitly endorsed the actions of Hamas and their armed attacks on Israeli civilians and voiced an increasingly radical call for confronting and “dismantling” Zionism on U.S. college campuses. 

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/students-justice-palestine-endorses-terrorism-and-dismantling-zionism-plans-day

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re an idiot. Dozer is a completely different guy. And everything else you write about me is false as well. Go back to your crazy alt right websites and hide. 

Sounds like something I would say…

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Random question.  The Hamas sympathisers are saying Egypt won’t let Palestinians cross their border.  Egypt is an Arab nation.  My question to you is why wouldn’t they?  I’ll hang up and listen. 

:jeopardymusic:

Just now, KSB2424 said:

:jeopardymusic:

Are you expecting some kind of answer you don’t already know? Egypt wants nothing to do with Hamas. They want nothing to do with Palestinians. They’re not an oil rich nation, they can barely feed their own people, and they’re constantly putting down extremists in their midst like the Muslim brotherhood. 

Beyond this, historically,  Egypt is one of several Arab nations who are willing to see Palestinians suffer because it makes Israel look worse. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

These are leftist extremist idiots. Their message is wrong and awful, and they deserve to be reviled.

BLM had a similar paraglider terrorist image on their website and tweeted it out until it got 30 million views. They probably paid for it with one of your donations.  

• Haha 3

Just now, RogerDodger said:

BLM had a similar paraglider terrorist image on their website and tweeted it out until it got 30 million views. They probably paid for it with one of your donations.  

Could be. I doubt it. 

I don’t regret giving money to Black Lives Matter. The murder of George Floyd was atrocious. The message that BLM had in 2020 was, IMO, the right one. The message they have chosen to spread in this situation is, IMO, the wrong one. Unlike you I am able to discern the difference. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Are you expecting some kind of answer you don’t already know? Egypt wants nothing to do with Hamas. They want nothing to do with Palestinians. They’re not an oil rich nation, they can barely feed their own people, and they’re constantly putting down extremists in their midst like the Muslim brotherhood. 

Beyond this, historically,  Egypt is one of several Arab nations who are willing to see Palestinians suffer because it makes Israel look worse. 

Your last sentence is dumb as Fock. The first paragraph is close. Kudos. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Your last sentence is dumb as Fock. The first paragraph is close. Kudos. 

Whatever. You’ve already demonstrated a complete inability to understand any of this so anytime you criticize me I know I’ve done well. 

• Like 1

Has anyone chimed in yet on how those buildings that collapsed looked eerily similar to another building 'collapse' some years back?

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Could be. I doubt it. 

I don’t regret giving money to Black Lives Matter. The murder of George Floyd was atrocious. The message that BLM had in 2020 was, IMO, the right one. The message they have chosen to spread in this situation is, IMO, the wrong one. Unlike you I am able to discern the difference. 

Nobody gives a chit how a POS justifies what he does.  

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t regret giving money to Black Lives Matter.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Oh good, here come the conspiracy theorists 

You going to the protest tomorrow? Or pretending it's not happening?  

UW responded  back to requests that "they support the right to protest".  But see the thing is, sympathizing with Palestine might be considered a protest. This organization outright endorses Hamas. Their purpose is to eliminate Zionism from campus.  That's hate speech. Antisemitic hate speech.  

Awesome blue city/state you have there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s amazing to watch this unfold.  The terrorist sympathisers can’t help themselves.  It’s why I respect @Cdub100 he at least owns it and tries to tell why.  Some of you do it sneaky and make veiled excuses. 

Hold up just because I point out the crimes of Israel and the Jews does not mean I approve of what the Muslims did. Both sides are wrong. There is a VERY long history here. and I refuse to believe that one side is evil propaganda. 

I’m picking a side. I’m going with the one that doesn’t chant death to America and behead babies. Who’s with me? 🇮🇱

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m picking a side. I’m going with the one that doesn’t chant death to America and behead babies. Who’s with me? 🇮🇱

I'd be happy if we weren't entangled with the side that doesn't drag us into all of their conflicts, or try to use our military might to topple governments they don't like.  The world would be a more peaceful place.

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But dude, after doing all that, and even after a 24 hour warning to leave the premises, I’m upset and posting as much online.  But don’t judge me.  

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:
New YorkCNN — 

Billionaire hedge fund CEO Bill Ackman and several other business leaders are demanding Harvard University release the names of students whose organizations signed on to a letter blaming solely Israel for the deadly attacks by Hamas. 

The CEOs want the students blacklisted. But some of those students have since distanced themselves from the letter.

“One should not be able to hide behind a corporate shield when issuing statements supporting the actions of terrorists,” Ackman said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

If the members support the letter, the names of the signatories “should be made public so their views are publicly known,” Ackman said. The CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management said he wanted to ensure his company and others don’t “inadvertently hire” any students belonging to Harvard groups that signed the letter.

Following a backlash to the statement, some of the student groups have since withdrawn their endorsements.

Multiple other business leaders, including the CEOs of shopping club FabFitFun, health tech startup EasyHealth and Dovehill Capital Managementsupported the call from Ackman to name the students.

“I would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” Jonathan Neman, CEO of restaurant chain Sweetgreen, said on X.

Looks like there will be repercussions :thumbsup:

They always have a lot to say when they can behind the mob.  They didn't read the room correctly and now are rethinking their "beliefs"

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

They always have a lot to say when they can behind the mob.  They didn't read the room correctly and now are rethinking their "beliefs"

Sorry but this is a terrible idea and Harvard needs to absolutely refuse. I don’t care how crazy or leftist or stupid these students are. You don’t reveal their names and you don’t blacklist them. This guy Ackerman needs to realize that he lives in the United States and not the Soviet Union. What the fock with these people? 

If your political/ social views are the same as the college kids, you’re a moron. Real Tim is a moron. 

“In every disaster in American History, there always seems to be a Harvard man in the middle of it” - Thomas Sowell. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sorry but this is a terrible idea and Harvard needs to absolutely refuse. I don’t care how crazy or leftist or stupid these students are. You don’t reveal their names and you don’t blacklist them. This guy Ackerman needs to realize that he lives in the United States and not the Soviet Union. What the fock with these people? 

I doubt Harvard will do it, but it will make those entitled fockstick students sweat, and that’s probably the point 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I doubt Harvard will do it, but it will make those entitled fockstick students sweat, and that’s probably the point 

They’re being stupid. 99% of them will graduate and become normal people and forget the stupid things they said and did. That is always the pattern. They’re in college, give them a break. 

I strongly suspect that most of the kids who signed that letter are simply responding to the old leftist idea that Israel = white colonialism and is therefore evil. Their sympathies, in general, are with oppressed people and there’s nothing wrong with that. But they’re too lazy to learn about the complexities of this situation. That’s on them, but they don’t deserve to have their lives ruined over it. 

And there is extreme irony to people who insist that we must stand with Israel, right or wrong, criticizing college students who insist that we must stand with Palestine, right or wrong, Both are equally obstinate, lazy and stupid. 

How about this novel approach: we stand with all people who act good and don’t stand with anyone who acts bad? How about that? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And there is extreme irony to people who insist that we must stand with Israel, right or wrong, criticizing college students who insist that we must stand with Palestine, right or wrong, Both are equally obstinate, lazy and stupid. 

How about this novel approach: we stand with all people who act good and don’t stand with anyone who acts bad? How about that? 

So who do you stand with? Israel? 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Could be. I doubt it. 

the death of George Floyd wasn't atrocious, he was a multi-time criminal who was on a speedball and resisting arrest, sh1t happens

atrocious is what we are witnessing

BLM didn't and doesn't care about Saint George (rest in hell)

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

They’re being stupid. 99% of them will graduate and become normal people and forget the stupid things they said and did. That is always the pattern. They’re in college, give them a break. 

This is the base of the left. 

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the death of George Floyd wasn't atrocious, he was a multi-time criminal who was on a speedball and resisting arrest, sh1t happens

atrocious is what we are witnessing

BLM didn't and doesn't care about Saint George (rest in hell)

BLM really died out.  Leftists don't care about them or blacks and cops anymore.  That was a pretty short lived stunt.  But I suppose it did a good enough job.   No need for leftists to care about blacks now, Trump isn't in office.  Poof.  Just like that.  

Lefties fell for it so hard.  Cute little idiots.  Wave the flag bltches!

• Thanks 2

A billboard truck drove through the streets surrounding Harvard’s campus Wednesday, digitally displaying the names and faces of students allegedly affiliated with student groups that signed onto a controversial statement on Hamas’ attack on Israel.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/10/12/doxxing-truck-students-israel-statement/

Yikes.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If your political/ social views are the same as the college kids, you’re a moron. Real Tim is a moron. 

Twatadour doesn't know that there are Republicans in college 😂

I can understand why people make this mistake.

All illegals deported. Middle Easterners first. We can do this! 

Why is there such focus on what a couple of moron college kids do?

When you have tens of thousands of people you're going to have a certain percentage who are idiots.

Just look at the 20% of the country who think Trump is the 2nd coming of Jesus.

Of course almost none of them ever stepped foot in college. 

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Why is there such focus on what a couple of moron college kids do?

Because 2024 is an election year and this is the game Republicans and Democrats play. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Because 2024 is an election year and this is the game Republicans and Democrats play. 

College kids protest dumb crap all the time.  Why are people making such a giant deal out of it now?

Heck CEOs want the kids names outed so they can be blackballed.  All this outrage because of college kids?

Makes zero sense. 

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

College kids protest dumb crap all the time.  Why are people making such a giant deal out of it now?

Heck CEOs want the kids names outed so they can be blackballed.  All this outrage because of college kids?

Makes zero sense. 

1. Find an extreme example, 2. exaggerate the degree that those extreme beliefs are held, 3. imply that everyone on the other “side” holds that belief.

Righties and lefties do this constantly. Is this your first rodeo? We’ve seen it for years.

• Like 2