Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

OMG someone ACCUSED Israel of doing bad things!!!!!

I'll take this post as you admitting you lied when you said Israel never acted like Hamas. Apology accepted.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'll take this post as you admitting you lied when you said Israel never acted like Hamas. Apology accepted.

If your reading comprehension is on the level of a 1st grader you might come to that conclusion.  Thanks for confirming I'm talking with a child when I converse with you. 

• Thanks 1

Israel needs to take the gloves off . The whole Arab world uses Palestinians as pawns. Generations of hate is being farmed there

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Israel needs to take the gloves off . The whole Arab world uses Palestinians as pawns. Generations of hate is being farmed there

It's crazy to see all the anti war anti ukranians turn into cheerleaders for WW3

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I don’t think Israel’s actions are going to help that. Not unless they go for total eradication of Hamas and anyone like them which 1) does not seem realistic and 2) would result in incalculable collateral damage 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

It's crazy to see all the anti war anti ukranians turn into cheerleaders for WW3

Well the explanation is as simple as it is sad: Trump’s butt buddy Vladimir Putin is not on the other side of the Israel equation :thumbsdown:

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

If true, POWs shouldn't be executed. Fair enough.

Does Israel kill Palestinian civilians indiscriminately? Do they put their civilians on the front line and hide behind them? Has a Palestinian school bus ever blown up? I don't see anything resembling that on your link.

Jordan slaughtered both the PLO and their civilian sympathizers, those who weren't slaughtered were chased them all out of the country. All of them. 100%. That's despite being the same religious and ethnic group as the Palestinians. When you try to assassinate the king, sh*t happens. Well sh*t happened again. By way of contrast, Israel has behaved and continues to behave with restraint and has been exponentially less harsh than Jordan ever showed.

Israel just wants to be left alone. They don't want to police this sh*thole. They aren't to genocide the Palestinians, which is what the Palestinians would do to them. They do want to get rid of Hamas in the here-and-now and whatever happens the day, or year, or decade after that, I'm not aware of the long term plan.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If true, POWs shouldn't be executed. Fair enough.

Does Israel kill Palestinian civilians indiscriminately? Do they put their civilians on the front line and hide behind them? Has a Palestinian school bus ever blown up? I don't see anything resembling that on your link.

Jordan slaughtered both the PLO and their civilian sympathizers, those who weren't slaughtered were chased them all out of the country. All of them. 100%. That's despite being the same religious and ethnic group as the Palestinians. When you try to assassinate the king, sh*t happens. Well sh*t happened again. By way of contrast, Israel has behaved and continues to behave with restraint and has been exponentially less harsh than Jordan ever showed.

Israel just wants to be left alone. They don't want to police this sh*thole. They aren't to genocide the Palestinians, which is what the Palestinians would do to them. They do want to get rid of Hamas in the here-and-now and whatever happens the day, or year, or decade after that, I'm not aware of the long term plan.

There is no moral equivalency between Israel and Hamas.  But it's incredibly ignorant to paint Israel has innocent and virtuous, or to say Israel never committed atrocities in their history.

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well it’s as simple as it is sad: Trump’s butt buddy Vladimir Putin is not on the other side of the Israel equation :thumbsdown:

Say what you want about how bad Putin is , he is , but he hasn’t arrested priests and shutdown churches. He also doesn’t have actual nazis in his army. Not black and white , shades of gray. Neither side are good guys. 

Now with Israel to me it’s a battle of civilization vs barbarism. 

57 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'll take this post as you admitting you lied when you said Israel didn't allow Palestinians to leave/travel.  Apology accepted. 

:lol: You take it any way you want Chuckles.

• Sad 1

The Nazis in Ukraine have to be pissed that Israel is getting their stuff now. 

So there is a proposal made by the Israeli families that a deal should be struck for the release of all hostages, in exchange for which Israel will release all Palestinian terrorists currently in prison. Netanyahu is resisting this so far. 

Being the liberal pinko pu$$y that I am, I kind of favor this idea. 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

You sound like a lonely old perpetually angry woman who takes perverse joy in finding marginally useful cat food coupons. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Say what you want about how bad Putin is , he is , but he hasn’t arrested priests and shutdown churches. He also doesn’t have actual nazis in his army. Not black and white , shades of gray. Neither side are good guys. 

These are all rationalizations (probably not even founded) for why you support Putin.

But the real, underlying reason you support Putin is: Trump does.

It’s pathetic and, imo, un-American 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

1. He doesn’t have to arrest priests or shut down churches because the Soviet Union took care of most of that for him long before Putin was born. 

2. You’re right there aren’t many Nazis in the Russian Army. There are however plenty of veterans of the Red Army, and with that a heritage of brutality, murder, rape and war crimes that matches or even exceeds the worst of the Nazis. 

3. Both the Israelis and the Ukrainians are the good guys. But the Ukrainians are clearly MORE the good guys since they are defending their own land against foreign military invasion, and not invading any other country or territory. 

50 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Being the liberal pinko pu$$y that I am, I kind of favor this idea. 

Naturally 

27 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. He doesn’t have to arrest priests or shut down churches because the Soviet Union took care of most of that for him long before Putin was born. 

Wrong about zelensky and Russia is a Christian country

2. You’re right there aren’t many Nazis in the Russian Army. There are however plenty of veterans of the Red Army, and with that a heritage of brutality, murder, rape and war crimes that matches or even exceeds the worst of the Nazis. 

Red Army veterans are in their 90s

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

These are all rationalizations (probably not even founded) for why you support Putin.

Trump doesn't support Putin. He appeals to Putin's vanity because it's in the best interest of the United States. You know, keep your enemies closer. He befriended Kim Jong Un of North Korea in a similar way. 

57 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t support Putin and this is complete BS 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Gazans have to apply for a government permit to travel freely throughout the country they live in. Sounds like you don’t disagree with me there, you just think that’s okay. 

What country do they live in? 

The difference between Israelis and Hamas is stark. Always has been. 

Israel gets accused of a war crime because they took armored bulldozers and destroyed a booby trapped camp. 

Hamas drives around town with a dead body in the back of a car that they have broken the limbs backwards manually after she died. Then they chopped her head off and little kids in the street run after the truck like it was mickey mouse at a parade. 

Israel gets accused of war crimes because a cook murdered three terrorists. 

Hamas terrorists cook babies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Any examples of things Trump actually did to kiss up to Putin? Bedsides bombing him, sanctioning him and telling Europe to wake the Fock up and stop making him rich? I’ll hang up and listen. 

16 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

The difference between Israelis and Hamas is stark. Always has been. 

Israel gets accused of a war crime because they took armored bulldozers and destroyed a booby trapped camp. 

Hamas drives around town with a dead body in the back of a car that they have broken the limbs backwards manually after she died. Then they chopped her head off and little kids in the street run after the truck like it was mickey mouse at a parade. 

Israel gets accused of war crimes because a cook murdered three terrorists. 

Hamas terrorists cook babies. 

Did Hamas play soccer with her head? They like to do that. 

41 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Wrong about zelensky and Russia is a Christian country

2. You’re right there aren’t many Nazis in the Russian Army. There are however plenty of veterans of the Red Army, and with that a heritage of brutality, murder, rape and war crimes that matches or even exceeds the worst of the Nazis. 

Red Army veterans are in their 90s

Younger than the supposed Ukrainian Nazis. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I seem to defend you a lot on this site but when I read stuff like this I have no idea why. This is a squissy quality post

15 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

14 hours ago, Strike said:

Hey @The Real timschochet, here's your fantasy woman and the most qualified presidential candidate in the history of the U.S. according to you:

😆

15 hours ago, HellToupee said:

I seem to defend you a lot on this site but when I read stuff like this I have no idea why. This is a squissy quality post

It’s based on an important point. I’m very much aware of Ukraine’s Nazi history and even more pronounced, their anti-Semitic history going back to 1649. My entire family from my father’s side is from Kiev, some of them died at Babi Yar. 

But the current supposed Ukrainian Nazism is being overblown by Putin and those sympathetic to Putin here. First off Zelensky is Jewish. The vast majority of Ukranians have nothing whatsoever to do with Nazis. And in any case it doesn’t justify Russia’s invasion. 

15 hours ago, Strike said:

Hey @The Real timschochet, here's your fantasy woman and the most qualified presidential candidate in the history of the U.S. according to you:

She makes a good point, now that Israel’s involved. It’s hard to argue with her, especially if Israel really can end Hamas. 

Bur suppose this takes months? Or even years? I’m reminded once again of our time in Afghanistan. Every time we talked about leaving we were told, correctly, that the moment we did the Taliban would come back. Finally we got exhausted and left and look what happened?  

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

She makes a good point, now that Israel’s involved. It’s hard to argue with her, especially if Israel really can end Hamas. 

Bur suppose this takes months? Or even years? I’m reminded once again of our time in Afghanistan. Every time we talked about leaving we were told, correctly, that the moment we did the Taliban would come back. Finally we got exhausted and left and look what happened?  

😆

MAGA Mike is in the house! Stop giving our money away please.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Mike Johnson is apparently trying to tie aid to Israel to spending cuts. And Ukraine is off the table. I’ve been hoping for the best with this guy but this isn’t a good start IMO. 

Sounds perfect. Thank goodness for Matt Gaetz

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

it will take years for Hamas to rebuild the terrorism infrastructure that Israel will destroy, ie. the tunnels, etc....As I said yesterday at the very least this will buy Israel some short term peace.  But I also suspect that when Israel is done with this mission they won't allow such an infrastructure to be rebuilt.  They won't allow Gaza to be so autonomous without the ability to monitor how aid is spent.  Currently it's spent on building tunnels, etc..., instead of what it's intended for.  IOW, they are going to destroy Hamas and not allow the conditions to exist that this can ever happen again.  And I'm ok with that. 

Just now, HellToupee said:

Sounds perfect. Thank goodness for Matt Gaetz

Figured you’d like it, But I’m hoping the American public won’t, we’ll see. 
In any case the Senate will never accept this, so there will be no aid for Israel, or Ukraine, and we are at a standstill. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

it will take years for Hamas to rebuild the terrorism infrastructure that Israel will destroy, ie. the tunnels, etc....As I said yesterday at the very least this will buy Israel some short term peace.  But I also suspect that when Israel is done with this mission they won't allow such an infrastructure to be rebuilt.  They won't allow Gaza to be so autonomous without the ability to monitor how aid is spent.  Currently it's spent on building tunnels, etc..., instead of what it's intended for.  IOW, they are going to destroy Hamas and not allow the conditions to exist that this can ever happen again.  And I'm ok with that. 

If they can achieve the outcomes you list here I’m OK with it too. It’s a big if IMO. And in any case I’m not in love with it. But I have no argument with what you’re saying, 

All these people thinking they are getting their students loans paid for.   Bait and switch...they are getting drafted for WW3.

Careful who you vote for.

Tell Ukraine to get all the money back that was looted.  If you can cancel elections you can do that.