Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Driving hours to see the fall colors.

One of the dumbest things people do. I'm not driving 3 hours to northern Michigan to look at some focking leaves.

• Like 1

That's why you make a trip to do other things during the times when the colors are at peak. 

We love east coast seafood restaurants, the colors are just an added landscape when we do the long drives. :dunno:

Not a fan of just driving to see the fall colors, but I try to make it a trip of some sort...  Like drive to where my son is at college a couple of hours away and enjoying the beautiful colors to-and-fro...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

One of the dumbest things people do. I'm not driving 3 hours to northern Michigan to look at some focking leaves.

Don’t call in sick.   

Also fall is my favorite time of year and the fall foliage is beautiful.  One of my favorite things to do is hiking through the orange and red colored hills.

Yeah put me down for taking a trip this time of year. Weekend getaway or whatever with the added bonus of the fall colors. Hot springs is a pretty good one, though this year we went to Zion which was absolutely gorgeous 💕

Hitler100 prefers to stay home and jerk his tiny Yooper pee pee to "Schindler's List" and "The Pianist."

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

That's why you make a trip to do other things during the times when the colors are at peak. 

We love east coast seafood restaurants, the colors are just an added landscape when we do the long drives. :dunno:

Yep. We do it every year. Travel and drive on blue ridge parkway during this time of year. Now driving JUST to see the colors hours away & turning around to go back home? Nah that’s asinine. Look at a picture. 

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Also fall is my favorite time of year and the fall foliage is beautiful.  One of my favorite things to do is hiking through the orange and red colored hills.

I like fall too. I'm just not driving 3 hours to look a focking leaf

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I like fall too. I'm just not driving 3 hours to look a focking leaf

It's a shame you live 3 hours from a tree.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

We don't have much foliage in the desert, but we are surrounded by higher elevations that have it.  So we've been looking for relatively short trips to see some.  Most of the areas are in the 3-ish hour range.  I wouldn't just drive 6 hours round trip to see it, but I'd make a day if it included some hiking.  :thumbsup: 

Are they coming from a place that doesn't have fall colors?

I make it a point to get to Letchworth SP once a year around now to view the foliage, absolutely awesome. About 1.5 hours from me.

While I wouldn’t drive 3 hrs to see the autumn leaves, I could see planning to go to a decent destination that might have changing colors.

Colorado had a very quick autumn.

my previous commute was through the vineyards. I enjoy seeing those changes spring, summer, and fall.