IGotWorms

Kissinger ded

Epic life. Arguably the most important foreign policy person in modern American history. An absolutely key figure in the Vietnam War, the Cold War, our relationship with China, the Middle East, and Latin America. Whatever you think of him, he was a giant. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Epic life. Arguably the most important foreign policy person in modern American history. An absolutely key figure in the Vietnam War, the Cold War, our relationship with China, the Middle East, and Latin America. Whatever you think of him, he was a giant. 

There were a lot of giants.  Does it mean that all giants were (or did) good?

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Make sense you'd say that as a self-proclaimed Jew hater and Hamas supporter.

Way to go, anti-semite.

Did I “proclaim” that?

Must’ve been blacked out :( 

Link?

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Dude was a focking piece of sh1t.

And I typically subscribe to the idea that one shouldn’t speak ill of the dead 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It's a little know fact that he wasn't Clavin's mom.

I saw him a few weeks ago in a wheelchair and I thought - as did coworkers- I thought you were a dead. ☠️ 

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Agreed. A giant POS.

16 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Only tragedy is he made it to 100 😢

When ya disagree with someone's politics, you're happy when they die?  Don't be embarrassed, there's lots of people like you. I'm the one who's embarrassed.

13 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

When ya disagree with someone's politics, you're happy when they die?  Don't be embarrassed, there's lots of people like you. I'm the one who's embarrassed.

No, not his politics. The fact that he was a war criminal.

Maybe you should be embarrassed that you didn’t know that?

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

No, not his politics. The fact that he was a war criminal.

Maybe you should be embarrassed that you didn’t know that?

I hear people say it. Has any first world country officially declared him a criminal?  I'll hold off playing legal scholar and cheering his death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

The truth is coming out now the day after he died. It's probably too late to officially label a dead person a criminal since they are not living, so I don't think anything official will ever happen if it didn't before yesterday. 

https://news.yahoo.com/cambodia-bangladesh-brief-history-henry-185556549.html

I'm no international legal expert. The bombings and deaths sound awful, of course. War's ugly.

Regardless if any "hostilities" during his era of influence were justified or not, I don't understand why Kissinger gets all the blame. He wasn't President.?. At least, he deserves a little credit for a peaceful end to the cold war.

• Like 1

I read somewhere years ago that he pulled more tail than a slow kid at a pony farm. Barbara Walter’s said she banged him in a hot tub and it was incredible. 

4 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I read somewhere years ago that he pulled more tail than a slow kid at a pony farm. Barbara Walter’s said she banged him in a hot tub and it was incredible. 

Yep, I recall some quote from him about power being sexy....lol

He was imperfect, as are we all, and I did not care for some of the things he did.  But history is rife with imperfect leaders who still did great things, and I think he did some great things as well. I like it that he is held to account for his mistakes, though I wish he was appreciated a little more for good things as well.

I wonder, if I were to have ever met him what I might have perceived about the guy....

23 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yep, I recall some quote from him about power being sexy....lol

He was imperfect, as are we all, and I did not care for some of the things he did.  But history is rife with imperfect leaders who still did great things, and I think he did some great things as well. I like it that he is held to account for his mistakes, though I wish he was appreciated a little more for good things as well.

I wonder, if I were to have ever met him what I might have perceived about the guy....

Instead of shaking his hand, I would’ve kissed him.😘

6 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Instead of shaking his hand, I would’ve kissed him.😘

:huh:   :lol:

21 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I'm no international legal expert. The bombings and deaths sound awful, of course. War's ugly.

Regardless if any "hostilities" during his era of influence were justified or not, I don't understand why Kissinger gets all the blame. He wasn't President.?. At least, he deserves a little credit for a peaceful end to the cold war.

This is exactly how I feel. War sucks man and the truth of it is laos and cambodia were allowing weapons, supplies and troops to be funneled into vietnam via the ho chi min trail. Stopping them before they got there seems like a pretty good idea 

5 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Instead of shaking his hand, I would’ve smelled his fingers 

Fixed :D 

• Haha 1