Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

***Happy Football Day Week 14****

Awful game tonight. Are there 2 more boring teams in the league?

Robbie Gould retiring today says something about the position.

He'd said that he wanted to find work closer to his home in Chicago, but when the Lions reached out to him this offseason, they probably weren't offering him very much money, because he turned it down. Then during the season, he probably figured somebody would get hurt and a tam would have to come looking but none did. 

Too bad a good, reliable kicker that still wants to play, but even he couldn't attract offers above the league minimum.

Just now, League Champion said:

It's going to be a dogfight but I think Buffalo finds a way as well. It's a must win for them. 

Its tough because your record is your record.  But Bills more of less screw things up when they lose.  At this stage I think they may be thr better team.  At least more dangerous team...higher ceiling.  Chiefs have looked meh and they were softened up quite a bit vs GB.   LT out.  Pacheco out.  Their best LBer out.  And yes, Bills backs are against the wall coming off a bye.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its tough because your record is your record.  But Bills more of less screw things up when they lose.  At this stage I think they may be thr better team.  At least more dangerous team...higher ceiling.  Chiefs have looked meh and they were softened up quite a bit vs GB.   LT out.  Pacheco out.  Their best LBer out.  And yes, Bills backs are against the wall coming off a bye.  

The Bills aren't as bad their record. They could catch fire at anytime and be a real problem for the AFC. That being said, they're a loss or 2 away from falling apart. 

What's left of the Lions defense is awful and Justin Fields shredded them on the first drive. He made it look easy. Both injuries and defensive coordinator are the problem.

Offense needs to carry the team. Have a hole on the O-Line though.

I think the Rams just won, which is good. 

I sort of saw it coming.  But lol at lions.  Once a lovable loser their fans chirp now quick.   F em.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I sort of saw it coming.  But lol at lions.  Once a lovable loser their fans chirp now quick.   F em.  

And i cant stand thr bears

An ounce of me feels bad for the lions.was a big barry fan  But when fans chirp after what theyve done I take notice. 

It's been a fun ride for the Lions but all the missing starters on defense takes its toll. That plus Goff turning the ball over so much lately, going into the year he'd had a long streak of passes without an interception, well once broken, it's not come close to being reestablished and has mixed in fumbles as well.

When the season started, I thought going 11-6, winning the division, and a home playoff game would be about what to expect. By week seven, I'd gotten Super Bowl aspirations, but ever since the Chargers game, the string of injuries on defense have just mounted as have the turnovers and its become clear they're not a contender. We're back to settling for 11-6, winning the division and a home playoff game but this team isn't ready for the next step and Both Philly and SF are much better. It'll be challenge enough to hold off Green Bay and Minnesota.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This Seattle team are gamers. 

Lock is playing acceptably well but they need more than he can give them against a team this good.

32 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It's been a fun ride for the Lions but all the missing starters on defense takes its toll. That plus Goff turning the ball over so much lately, going into the year he'd had a long streak of passes without an interception, well once broken, it's not come close to being reestablished and has mixed in fumbles as well.

When the season started, I thought going 11-6, winning the division, and a home playoff game would be about what to expect. By week seven, I'd gotten Super Bowl aspirations, but ever since the Chargers game, the string of injuries on defense have just mounted as have the turnovers and its become clear they're not a contender. We're back to settling for 11-6, winning the division and a home playoff game but this team isn't ready for the next step and Both Philly and SF are much better. It'll be challenge enough to hold off Green Bay and Minnesota.

Packers didnt have their best offensive or defensive player on field last 2 weeks.  Won vs det and kc.  Didnt matter.   No excuses. 

Not to mention their borderline HOF LT played 1 game.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Packers didnt have their best offensive or defensive player on field last 2 weeks.  Won vs det and kc.  Didnt matter.   No excuses. 

Not to mention their borderline HOF LT played 1 game.   

Green Bay has had their fair shar of injuries. They really have improved markedly since around week seven or so.

How does that Chargers coach still have a job ? He is a moron and goes for it every time and at least 6 points losed cause of that. He challenges plays and waste timeouts.

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Green Bay has had their fair shar of injuries. They really have improved markedly since around week seven or so.

Hell gb doesnt have their top 3 preferred starters at cb.   

I need to find a new team to root for

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

I ❤️ Toney!!!! 

Has he been cut yet?

Looking forward to this game tonight. With the volume down. Who’s dik is Collinsworth gonna suck tonight? I’d say Dak.  But I won’t hear much of it.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looking forward to this game tonight. With the volume down. Who’s dik is Collinsworth gonna suck tonight? I’d say Dak.  But I won’t hear much of it.  

I couldn't believe Romo took Toney to task so hard tonight. Nice to see someone do a game that has balls. I am so tired of the cack sucking from announcers, Golf is the WORST

45 minutes ago, Reality said:

Is he a double agent? Serious question. :dunno:

He's part of a sleeper terrorist cell that's been laying in wait since 9/11 :ninja:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

I couldn't believe Romo took Toney to task so hard tonight. Nice to see someone do a game that has balls. I am so tired of the cack sucking from announcers, Golf is the WORST

I' was afraid Romo was going to need his stomach pumped after double fisting Mahomes and Allen today. 

I don’t know why Philly doesn’t blitz more when their secondary cant hold up against anyone. Cowboys cutting through them like a hot knife through butter. :( 

pretty clear who the referees want to win tonight, jesus christ.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Has he been cut yet?

He has single handedly lost them TWO games this year.

That’s more than Jakobi Myers! :shocking:

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

pretty clear who the referees want to win tonight, jesus christ.

You must have slept thru the 1st meeting between these 2…. We had every opportunity to win, and lost. Didn’t say a word bcoz we choked away our chances. 

Early in the 4th it was 10 penalties against Dallas to 1 against Philly. In the rain, against this Dallas pass rush - not a single holding call and countless missed PIs - give me a break.