Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

California, at it again.

In most blue states, yeah, this makes sense. People who don't mow their lawn with scissors should be arrested.

But California is special.

Since they don't have enough water, they shouldn't have lawns at all. They should convert their yards to dirt patches where people can poop and pee freely.

This comment sums up my concern:

Brought to you by people that have never worked on a farm property for even 1-hour their entire lives. Battery yard equip is fine for 15-min tiny jobs. You need Men-grade equipment for real work.

I've got an 80V battery system with a blower and mower, but that is for my 5000 sq ft patch of grass on maybe 1/3 acre.  The battery sometimes lasts for both tasks, depending on how much of the yard I use the blower on that day.  I have a second battery (they aren't cheap) which is somewhat damaged and doesn't keep as much charge, so I use it to finish up tasks while the other recharges.  More often than not, I end up taking a break while the main battery is charging.

I couldn't imagine having to rely on this for large properties, let alone farms/ranches.  I would hope that Cali would have carved out provisions for such, since a large portion of their state does farming.  But alas, that portion is in the Red sections, so Newsome probably doesn't give a fock.

This is an inaccurate headline. It bans the sale of NEW gas powered lawn equipment, not their use. 

I’m indifferent to it. We need to get off carbon based energy for sure but the way to do that is to produce new energy sources rather than try to ban the old ones. But it’s not an outrageous proposal. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is an inaccurate headline. It bans the sale of NEW gas powered lawn equipment, not their use. 

I’m indifferent to it. We need to get off carbon based energy for sure but the way to do that is to produce new energy sources rather than try to ban the old ones. But it’s not an outrageous proposal. 

Will you insist that your illegal workers from Home Depot only use electric lawn equipment? 

Another short-sighted "solution" brought to you by the idiots who have no clue how sh!t works. 

I’ve seen multiple videos of those electric powered lawnmowers literally catching on fire & keeps blowing balls of fire out of them. Glad I live on the east coast where I don’t deal with that liberal BS. Cause I HATE electric powered lawn equipment. Goes dead far too quickly & doesn’t have the power that gas does

Don’t worry the left coast will catch up real soon.  But with one catch, I read that in the left coast they will be using coal for there lawn equipment.  Talk about burning.  

• Confused 1

On 12/13/2023 at 6:38 PM, 5-Points said:

Another short-sighted "solution" brought to you by the idiots who have no clue how sh!t works. 

These are the also same guys that gave us the grocery store plastic bags in the 70's to "save the environment".  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2023 at 10:53 AM, Voltaire said:

In most blue states, yeah, this makes sense. People who don't mow their lawn with scissors should be arrested.

But California is special.

Since they don't have enough water, they shouldn't have lawns at all. They should convert their yards to dirt patches where people can poop and pee freely.

Good idea.  That would solve a lot of the problems on city streets.

4 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

These are the same guys that gave us the grocery store plastic bags in the 70's too in order to "save the environment".  :lol:

Exactly! :lol:

Now they want everyone to drive electric cars, with no plan to deal with the batteries when they inevitably get used up and need to be replaced. 

5 hours ago, Stryker Ryker said:

I’ve seen multiple videos of those electric powered lawnmowers literally catching on fire & keeps blowing balls of fire out of them. Glad I live on the east coast where I don’t deal with that liberal BS. Cause I HATE electric powered lawn equipment. Goes dead far too quickly & doesn’t have the power that gas does

I would enjoy a link to such videos.

5 hours ago, Stryker Ryker said:

I would enjoy a link to such videos.

found one

Dewalt Battery Lawn Mower Catches Fire At Largest OPE Tradeshow in The World (Equip Expo) (youtube.com)

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t worry the left coast will catch up real soon.  But with one catch, I read that in the left coast they will be using coal for there lawn equipment.  Talk about burning.  

Democrats don't have lawns, they rent apartments and cry about the rent. 

7 hours ago, League Champion said:

Democrats don't have lawns, they rent apartments and cry about the rent. 

Then it must be the republicans that hire illegal immigrants to do their lawn care, and pay them, someone lives in those big houses, and own those big lawns, if it’s not the democrats it must be the republicans   Shame on  those home owning republicans.  

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Then it must be the republicans that hire illegal immigrants to do their lawn care, and pay them, someone lives in those big houses, and own those big lawns, if it’s not the democrats it must be the republicans   Shame on  those home owning republicans.  

Are you a gay prisoner, or only a violenf one?

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Shame on  those home owning republicans.  

The poor things need to eat, without  Government assistance. Besides, they can paint like it's nobody's business. 🌮 🇮🇹

14 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Exactly! :lol:

Now they want everyone to drive electric cars, with no plan to deal with the batteries when they inevitably get used up and need to be replaced. 

All they did was move the pollution from the consumer side to the manufacturing side.  It takes a sh*t-ton of energy to make these batteries and now instead of throwing pollution via exhaust into the air, they're just moving it into the land with the batteries (but also spewing CO2 from the manufacturing of the batteries too).

So, great.  We've "saved" the air only to destroy land and water tables.

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

All they did was move the pollution from the consumer side to the manufacturing side.  It takes a sh*t-ton of energy to make these batteries and now instead of throwing pollution via exhaust into the air, they're just moving it into the land with the batteries (but also spewing CO2 from the manufacturing of the batteries too).

Environmentalists, oddly, aren't very bright when it comes to the environment... are they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yeah.  I've posted the following video before. It's worth a watch:

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah.  I've posted the following video before. It's worth a watch:

The same Liberals pushing for Lithium Power are the same Liberals crying about the environment. 

Hypocritical??? 

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Environmentalists, oddly, aren't very bright when it comes to the environment... are they?

It's more about posturing and social credit.   Actual solutions include positives and negatives, trade offs and such.  When you are a Liberal its all or nothing.  The cult of Liberalism demands obedience, and negotiating is not acceptable because their positions are moral and yours are evil.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

:thumbsup:

It has nothing to do with saving the environment and everything to do with lining their own pockets. Politicians don't get those big kickbacks from the consumer. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's more about posturing and social credit.   Actual solutions include positives and negatives, trade offs and such.  When you are a Liberal its all or nothing.  The cult of Liberalism demands obedience, and negotiating is not acceptable because their positions are moral and yours are evil.

Exactly... and Trump was the fascist.  LOL

California went big on rooftop solar. Now that’s a problem for landfills

Beginning in 2006, the state, focused on how to incentivize people to take up solar power, showered subsidies on homeowners who installed photovoltaic panels but had no comprehensive plan to dispose of them. Now, panels purchased under those programs are nearing the end of their typical 25-to-30-year life cycle.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-07-14/california-rooftop-solar-pv-panels-recycling-danger

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Ask a Liberal if they care

And prepare to be labelled a "Climate Change Denier" or some other moronic label....😁

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And prepare to be labelled a "Climate Change Denier" or some other moronic label....😁

Notice that there's no responses from Liberals Now why would that be? 

🌈 WE NEED LITHIUM POWER!!!!

🇺🇸 HOW DO WE MAKE OR DISPOSE OF IT WITHOUT HARMING THE ENVIRONMENT? 

🌈 YOU'RE A RACIST CLIMATE DENIER!!!! 

Labeled lol.  

A public library in Antioch California is closing due to crime. A library. Nice work libtards. George Floyd was definitely worth it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A public library in Antioch California is closing due to crime. A library. Nice work libtards. George Floyd was definitely worth it. 

They're not criminals.  They're just misunderstood.  Reparations would solve all of this.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They're not criminals.  They're just misunderstood.  Reparations would solve all of this.

I would bet the perps are druggies of all flavors. Drugs are good!