Sign in to follow this  
nobody

All white vs all black pro bowl

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how long ago did Mendenhall play?

I didnt know we had to be current honestly

Around 2011 he retired, only played like 3 years and quit.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how long ago did Mendenhall play?

I didnt know we had to be current honestly

That we are going all-time and had to grab Edelman to play DB isn’t a good sign for team white bread!

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know why I let myself get dragged into this topic, since I find most people lack the intellectual objectivity to discuss it, but I find it fascinating for some reason, so here goes.

Actually Tim, it is the same.  If you believe that the brain is a physical organ capable of evolving, then different brains would evolve at different rates based on different needs.  The would be the same as any other physical organ or capability; think of replacing "fast-twitch muscles" or "melanin" in the above statement.  

At this point I'm merely discussing the possibility, not asserting any conclusions.  So the question for you and others Tim is:  do you believe that the brains of different groups of people, over time, would evolve to meet different needs, yes or no?

This is a general, bell curve sort of question, not asking if you think every person in one group is smarter than every person in another group.  That would be dumb.

I get your question. And you may have a point. But I’m not really interested in exploring it because this sort of thing has been used for the last 300 hundred years to discriminate against  individual African-Americans- to avoid hiring them for certain roles in society  because of the perception that they’re not bright enough. I know that isn’t your intent but that’s where this sort of argument inevitably leads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:
12 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

But Mike Tomlin is their coach, so give me the whites.

His shirt Sunday was my final straw.

I saw those shirts on a ton of coaches this weekend. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I get your question. And you may have a point. But I’m not really interested in exploring it because this sort of thing has been used for the last 300 hundred years to discriminate against  individual African-Americans- to avoid hiring them for certain roles in society  because of the perception that they’re not bright enough. I know that isn’t your intent but that’s where this sort of argument inevitably leads. 

Why does it lead there? Racism?

Reed Blankenship is a passable safety for my IDP team,  and I can't tell if Harrison Smith qualifies, but they could take care of the safety position.  

Hunter Renfrow is pretty quick, so we'll have to try him out at one corner position.

I don't spend much time in threads like these that tend to out the racists on both sides but....

I also don't know if this was posted or not but, I present to you, Will Compton. Phenomenal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pointing out athletic ability among races isn’t racist. Blacks dominate both the NBA and NFL in numbers far greater than their proportion of the overall population. No bigotry in pointing that out, 

But the claim that whites are smarter than blacks IS racist. Not the same at all. Sad that you think it is. 

You're a focking moron. You think genetics can cause physical differences but not mental ones? You're either so bought into your bs lie you can't see it or you're just an idiot, I'm going with just an idiot 

• Like 2

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

You're a focking moron. You think genetics can cause physical differences but not mental ones? You're either so bought into your bs lie you can't see it you're just an idiot, I'm going with just an idiot 

A useful idiot until he's no longer useful - then his Party will line him up against the wall too.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

A useful idiot until he's no longer useful - then his Party will line him up against the wall too.

I wonder why he thinks most HOF QBs are white, despite an overwhelming majority of players being black. That brain!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I saw those shirts on a ton of coaches this weekend. 

He's the only one I seen and watch more then a few games but heard that too so guess some others had them.

36 minutes ago, nobody said:

Reed Blankenship is a passable safety for my IDP team,  and I can't tell if Harrison Smith qualifies, but they could take care of the safety position.  

Hunter Renfrow is pretty quick, so we'll have to try him out at one corner position.

Yikes!

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You're a focking moron. You think genetics can cause physical differences but not mental ones? You're either so bought into your bs lie you can't see it or you're just an idiot, I'm going with just an idiot 

Do you believe that black Americans are in general genetically mentally inferior to white Americans? Yes or no? 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you believe that black Americans are in general genetically mentally inferior to white Americans? Yes or no? 

Y

Just look at violent crime stats.

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It doesn't matter what I think. But if you think genetics can cause physical differences but not mental ones you're an actual moron. Either genetics cause nothing or everything, no in-between.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

He's the only one I seen and watch more then a few games but heard that too so guess some others had them.

Every week or so the NFL trots out some kind of special shirt/hoodies that all the teams wear on the sidelines.  Things like the "crucial catch" cancer stuff or whatever that "justice" graffiti crap was. 

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It doesn't matter what I think. But if you think genetics can cause physical differences but not mental ones you're an actual moron. Either genetics cause nothing or everything, no in-between.

Please answer the question. Yes or no? 

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

If I am a moron, then so are the vast majority of scientists, whose consensus is that there are no genetic differences in intelligence due to race: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence#:~:text=The scientific consensus is that there is no evidence for,IQ differences between racial groups.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Please answer the question. Yes or no? 

on the bell curve the answer is yes

but blame whitey

tim quoting wikipedia again, leftist organization with no agenda or anything

but here from WIKI

In the United States, Asians on average score as high as or higher than White people, who tend to score higher than Hispanics, who tend to score higher than African Americans. Much greater variation in IQ scores exists within each ethnic group than between them.

https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

So once again, as in so many topics in this forum, we have the facts on one side, and on the other side we have racists, or bigots, or the MAGA crowd, or just plain conservatives telling us we should ignore the facts whenever it contradicts their preheld beliefs. This isn’t any real surprise because their leader Trump tells them to ignore the facts all the time. But it’s nonetheless very depressing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

on the bell curve the answer is yes

but blame whitey

tim quoting wikipedia again, leftist organization with no agenda or anything

but here from WIKI

In the United States, Asians on average score as high as or higher than White people, who tend to score higher than Hispanics, who tend to score higher than African Americans. Much greater variation in IQ scores exists within each ethnic group than between them.

https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

Your evidence doesn’t prove genetic differences. It MAY prove cultural differences, and It’s not racist to point out cultural differences. It is, IMO, racist to point out genetic differences that don’t exist according to the vast majority of scientists. Do you agree? 

The difference between culture and genetics is extremely important. Many black Americans, especially those in the inner city, live in a culture where education is not as emphasized. Or they come from single parent , poverty ridden homes. We know that this produces poor results on the whole. 

But the reasonable person knows that these factors can be changed. That if, for example, you put a poor performing black child in a better environment, with loving parents and a culture that emphasizes education, that child will perform better. 

The racist however, would not agree. A racist would argue that it doesn’t matter what environment that child is in; because he is black he is genetically inferior to non blacks and therefore incapable of achieving a higher level. 

if you agree with my second paragraph above then you’re not a racist. If you agree with my third paragraph then you are a racist. Pretty simple. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The difference between culture and genetics is extremely important. Many black Americans, especially those in the inner city, live in a culture where education is not as emphasized. Or they come from single parent , poverty ridden homes. We know that this produces poor results on the whole. 

But the reasonable person knows that these factors can be changed. That if, for example, you put a poor performing black child in a better environment, with loving parents and a culture that emphasizes education, that child will perform better. 

The racist however, would not agree. A racist would argue that it doesn’t matter what environment that child is in; because he is black he is genetically inferior to non blacks and therefore incapable of achieving a higher level. 

if you agree with my second paragraph above then you’re not a racist. If you agree with my third paragraph then you are a racist. Pretty simple. 

Of course anyone can succeed, and culture is a big problem in some areas and segments of society.

Take the kids struggling out of their community, and perhaps even their home, and put them in a healthy environment and they will flourish. 

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If I am a moron, then so are the vast majority of scientists, whose consensus is that there are no genetic differences in intelligence due to race: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence#:~:text=The scientific consensus is that there is no evidence for,IQ differences between racial groups.

Is this the same "majority" of scientists that assured us there was no way Covid came from a lab leak?

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Is this the same "majority" of scientists that assured us there was no way Covid came from a lab leak?

Do you believe that there are genetic differences in intelligence by race? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you believe that there are genetic differences in intelligence by race? 

As a supposedly intelligent person, you should know not to answer a question with a question.  Answer my question.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

As a supposedly intelligent person, you should know not to answer a question with a question.  Answer my question.

I don’t know the answer to your question. There was a lot of speculation where Covid came from. I don’t know what the consensus was. Maybe they got that wrong I have no idea. Your point seems to be that therefore we should be skeptical of what scientists think in general. I disagree with that but if you feel that way fine, that’s why I asked my question. Please answer it. 

31 minutes ago, Strike said:

Such a sad reply stereotypical of a person who doesn't understand science.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

And another from a wimpy bish

47 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Was it culture or genetics when we were all still hunter gatherers that allowed us to created agriculture and stringed instruments while they still eating mud pies and living in giraffe skin huts?

50 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So once again, as in so many topics in this forum, we have the facts on one side, and on the other side we have racists, or bigots, or the MAGA crowd, or just plain conservatives telling us we should ignore the facts whenever it contradicts their preheld beliefs. This isn’t any real surprise because their leader Trump tells them to ignore the facts all the time. But it’s nonetheless very depressing. 

Just wondering because I missed it, but what were the facts again?  The only facts I see are test scores. 

Also for the record, I see no reason for skin color to implicitly be related to intelligence.

12 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Such a sad reply stereotypical of a person who doesn't understand science.

And another from a wimpy bish

This the Gutterboy or NewbieJr alias?  I keep forgetting.

31 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Just wondering because I missed it, but what were the facts again?  The only facts I see are test scores. 

Also for the record, I see no reason for skin color to implicitly be related to intelligence.

The fact that most scientists don’t believe there is any connection between genetics of race and intelligence. Yet racists think there are. I’m hoping that you agree with the scientists and believe this is a matter of culture and not race. But you tell me.