Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

People are charging for goods and taking on debt at unprecedented levels? 

Consumer debt impact the debt the US government owes?

Woof.

Stick to being racist chief, it's what you know.

You're cultist buddy was comparing the increase in US government debt to GDP growth...

LMFAO

Just now, Raven Fan said:

Woof.

You're cultist buddy was comparing the increase in US government debt to GDP growth...

LMFAO

Highly educated 

Economic growth up 3.1% in 2023.

Government spending up 4.3% in 2023.

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Woof.

LMFAO

So consumer spending has no affect on the gdp? I thought it did. Ok, you win. Lol. Ooof. 

24 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

GDP +$510b.  US public debt +$834B for the quarter (Q4 2023)

Highly educated state college diploma 

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S#

Would you look at that.  Why US debt as a % of GDP is actual going down, since the orange moron left in 2020.

Huh, imagine that. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People are charging for goods and taking on debt at unprecedented levels? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So consumer spending has no affect on the gdp? I thought it did. Ok, you win. Lol. Ooof. 

LOLOLOL

You mistook consumer debt for US government debt dumb dumb.

Like I said, stick to being racist.

3 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Highly educated 

Economic growth up 3.1% in 2023.

Government spending up 4.3% in 2023.

Crushed this pathetic "argument" via my graph link. Y'all are lucky I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pics or I'd post up the graph.

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

LOLOLOL

You mistook consumer debt for US government debt dumb dumb.

Like I said, stick to being racist.

I didn’t confuse anything.  Consumer spending affects GDP. If consumers are going into to debt in order to spend, which they are, well, thats the point. It’s a debt driven economy. Sorry you couldn’t figure it out. Now call the nurse and ask her for your pills. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Crushed this pathetic "argument" via my graph link. Y'all are lucky I'm not smart enough to figure out how to post pics or I'd post up the graph.

Rent free in your feeble head. 

I know little about economics but i have heard that pent up demand is eventually released in a paroxysm of unsustainable spending, spending made on credit, crerdit which may be unreasonably granted and so subject to default when payment is due.

2 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Not for nuthin but consumer debt has been rising every quarter since 2013.  It happened under Obama, continued under Trump and now under Biden.

Yeah but it’s more and more important, couple it with much higher interest rates. 

Doesn't matter what the GDP does when the cost of rent and food remain at all time highs. 

But I don't care about the poors.  Keep the economy humming and interest rates high.  It's great for the people with the cash.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

Wait, you mean I replied to a post on a message board that wasn't directed specifically at me?

CALL THE INNERWEBS POLICE!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Uneducated moron...SMH

⬆️This highly educated's house is so small that if you put the key in the front door too hard you break the back window.  :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Doesn't matter what the GDP does when the cost of rent and food remain at all time highs. 

But I don't care about the poors.  Keep the economy humming and interest rates high.  It's great for the people with the cash.  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Actually it does matter, and the cost of rent and food are pretty much always at all time highs unless we're in a deflationary cycle which is bad news for everyone.

In 2008 when the economy collapsed, the cpi dropped and no one was cheering.

Look at the graph, it really only drops during a recession.  https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CPIAUCSL

The cost of rent and food were at all time highs every month of the Trump presidency until the economy was shut down during covid.

1 minute ago, The Psychic Observer said:

Actually it does matter, and the cost of rent and food are pretty much always at all time highs unless we're in a deflationary cycle which is bad news for everyone.

In 2008 when the economy collapsed, the cpi dropped and no one was cheering.

Look at the graph, it really only drops during a recession.  https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CPIAUCSL

The cost of rent and food were at all time highs every month of the Trump presidency until the economy was shut down during covid.

Cool graph bud.  You heard of rise over run?  Up 17% since pre-covid is no bueno.  They'll tout wages going up, but, the poors haven't got a 17% raise increase in the time period.

But like I said, I don't care, the guaranteed cash alone from the high interest rates puts me in the green.  :thumbsup:

I mean come on.   When a linear relationship turns exponential it doesn't do any good to say "it's always been going up". 

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I mean come on.   When a linear relationship turns exponential it doesn't do any good to say "it's always been going up". 

It doesn't do any good saying "the cost of rent and food remain at all time highs" either.  But you don't care either way so I don't know why you keep posting about.

5 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

It doesn't do any good saying "the cost of rent and food remain at all time highs" either.  But you don't care either way so I don't know why you keep posting about.

Sure it does.  You're a visual person?

https://ibb.co/C76q2cH

I zoomed in on it for you.  Red line is the exponential period.  The difference between the green and the blue line is not so good for the poors.  That needs to be fixed for them if you care.

:first:

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Sure it does.  You're a visual person?

https://ibb.co/C76q2cH

I zoomed in on it for you.  Red line is the exponential period.  The difference between the green and the blue line is not so good for the poors.  That needs to be fixed for them if you care.

:first:

What you're trying to say is the inflation rate is at an all time high, not the cost.  As I already explained the cost being at an all time high is the norm during periods of growth.

So if you want to paint the economy in a bad light, say the rate is at an all time high.

BUT, there is a problem now because it's not and hasn't been.  Furthermore it actually was fixed and went down.  And here is the graph for the rate: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=rocU

Clearly you don't care though.

Is Raven Fan another Rusty alias? Sheesh. 

15 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

What you're trying to say is the inflation rate is at an all time high, not the cost.  As I already explained the cost being at an all time high is the norm during periods of growth.

So if you want to paint the economy in a bad light, say the rate is at an all time high.

BUT, there is a problem now because it's not and hasn't been.  Furthermore it actually was fixed and went down.  And here is the graph for the rate: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=rocU

So a slight increase is the same as a large one? Ok.  

18 minutes ago, The Psychic Observer said:

:doh:

46 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Cool graph bud.  You heard of rise over run?  Up 17% since pre-covid is no bueno.  They'll tout wages going up, but, the poors haven't got a 17% raise increase in the time period.

But like I said, I don't care, the guaranteed cash alone from the high interest rates puts me in the green.  :thumbsup:

It's not that I don't care at all.  Everyone wants to see prices come down.  But I don't mind a high interest rate environment.  

Its funny when someone has to point to something that happened a half century ago to normalize what Biden's done.  

• Thanks 1

I’ll take Lower gas and energy prices. I know Trump can get that done.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:30 AM, Horseman said:

It's not that I don't care at all.  Everyone wants to see prices come down.  But I don't mind a high interest rate environment.  

If you are wealthy, what Biden and his cronies have done, will benefit you......his actions are helpful to the financially well-off, and destructive to historically disenfranchised.

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

If you are wealthy, what Biden and his cronies have done, will benefit you......his actions are helpful to the financially well-off, and destructive to historically disenfranchised.

No interest rate cut in March, May at the earliest.  Fine by me.  If a significant dip in the market happens between now and then I'll think about shoveling a bunch more cash into the market.  I'm in no hurry with cash stacked on the sidelines making 5% with zero risk.   I wish I could do that forever.  

Unemployment - 3.7 percent, way low.

Dow - 38,150, way higher than at any point during the Clownzo presidency.

Oil production - World's way highest, and it's not even close.

Inflation - Going way down.

401Ks and IRAs - Way up.

COVID - Pretty much over.

Immigration - bipartisan bill on the table.

We are way better off than we were four years ago, and it's not even close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Unemployment - 3.7 percent, way low.

Dow - 38,150, way higher than at any point during the Clownzo presidency.

401Ks and IRAs - Way up.

COVID - Pretty much over.

Clownzo at work: 😆

I wonder if he has 30 cats? 

🤗

Jobs increased, but average hours worked  decreased, go figure.

The federal government has averaged adding 40,000 jobs per month since February 2021.

It is getting quite a bit harder to hate on the economy. 

Jobs way up, pay way up, and US economy is lapping other countries. 

USA USA!

Yet another month of huge job growths

Let's face it folks — this is one of the best economies ever :shocking: :overhead:

On 1/31/2024 at 7:26 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

401Ks and IRAs - Way up.    

Please tell me you are trolling.

• Confused 1