Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Which NFL head coaching job is most desirable?

Which NFL coaching vacancy is most desirable?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If you were looking for a HC gig which would you want?

• Panthers
    • Raiders
    • Chargers
    • Falcons
    • Commanders
    • Titans
    • Seahawks
    • Patriots

I’m going with Washington. New ownership will give a king leash, #2 overall pick, some good skill position players and a ton of cap space. Potential to lead an improving team during a rebrand and new stadium too.

Panthers obviously the worst.

• Haha 1

I’d go Chargers / Seattle / DC then the field (Carolina last).

Chargers have the most important position figured out. Seattle has great ownership that will spend, easy fan base and sports media to win over. DC next. 

Tough call between Chargers and Seattle.  Took Seattle.  They have a good running game, they have a decent QB, and one of the best home field advantages in football.

• Like 1

ATL.  

Chargers would be but I think they have big cap issues next year.  

I chose Chargers due to QB. 

Seattle very close 2nd.  Don't know if coaches would take lack of state income tax into account as a bonus. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I’m going with Washington. New ownership will give a king leash, #2 overall pick, some good skill position players and a ton of cap space. Potential to lead an improving team during a rebrand and new stadium too.

Panthers obviously the worst.

That is probably the worst option and their defense is horrible and will take a few years to fix. Then you still don't know what you have at QB.

22 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is probably the worst option and their defense is horrible and will take a few years to fix. Then you still don't know what you have at QB.

You know they will have Caleb or Maye and 4 Day 2 picks. I see it as acquiring a distressed asset. No direction to go in but up.

Either way, the Panthers are FOCKED and you’re acquiring a bust QB and a team with a terrible owner and no first round pick. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

You know they will have Caleb or Maye and 4 Day 2 picks. I see it as acquiring a distressed asset. No direction to go in but up.

Either way, the Panthers are FOCKED and you’re acquiring a bust QB and a team with a terrible owner and no first pick. 

I think even with that Wash is going to take their lumps for a few years, I agree on Carolina and Young is a bust and would go QB again with their 1st pick if I was them. Wonder if any decent qb's will be left when they pick ?

6 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I think even with that Wash is going to take their lumps for a few years, I agree on Carolina and Young is a bust and would go QB again with their 1st pick if I was them. Wonder if any decent qb's will be left when they pick ?

I think whoever they hire will have to commit to reviving Bryce Young the way Doug Pederson rescued Goldilocks in JVille.

My first priority is good weather so I went Raiders. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thay 1st pick is maybe 2nd round.  1st belongs to the Bears.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Thay 1st pick is maybe 2nd round.  1st belongs to the Bears.  

Yea and why I meant will any good qbs be left then ?

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think whoever they hire will have to commit to reviving Bryce Young the way Doug Pederson rescued Goldilocks in JVille.

That would be a pass for me if I was a coach.

Looking at the list I would guess Falcons and Chargers have the quickest chance at a turn around, Don't know their draft picks this year though.

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea and why I meant will any good qbs be left then ?

Can always find a QB anywhere.  Not sure who will be there.   

Would be sort of crazy to draft a 2nd round QB right now.  Bryce looks bad.  But then you just have 2 QBs.  You cant give up on the 1st overall pick you traded up to get that quickly.   Its not like they have some offense around him.  Coach fired after 11 games.  He probably will suck but you cant pick one early now.  If they see a 4th or 5th round guy they sorta like that wouldnt be a bad idea.  If you pick one in the 2nd you just have a QB controversy all season thay helps niether QB.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Can always find a QB anywhere.  Not sure who will be there.   

Would be sort of crazy to draft a 2nd round QB right now.  Bryce looks bad.  But then you just have 2 QBs.  You cant give up on the 1st overall pick you traded up to get that quickly.   Its not like they have some offense around him.  Coach fired after 11 games.  He probably will suck but you cant pick one early now.  If they see a 4th or 5th round guy they sorta like that wouldnt be a bad idea.  If you pick one in the 2nd you just have a QB controversy all season thay helps niether QB.  

To me the sooner you admit that you focked the 1st pick up in the draft, your chances of improving are better. Kinda like a drug addict admiting they are one. Don't keep putting square blocks in circle holes. You get the point. I hope my Steelers are on a short list with KP.

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

To me the sooner you admit that you focked the 1st pick up in the draft, your chances of improving are better. Kinda like a drug addict admiting they are one. Don't keep putting square blocks in circle holes. You get the point. I hope my Steelers are on a short list with KP.

I can agree that you need to admit mistakes.  But we have seen many QBs come out and stink and turn it around.  I do think Bryce looks the part of a bust.  

But it is crazy business to do all this scouting.  Give the farm to go get the guy.  Then cut bait after 1 year.   They have to ride it out for a year or 2.  They go get a guy now and hes still on that team where they have a revolving door at HC.  Id build a roster a bit while watching Bryce flame out.  Then get a QB.  Doing it now is just doubling down for no real payoff.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That would be a pass for me if I was a coach.

Me too. That and the coin flip odds that you’d be one and done.

• Like 1

According to Philly fans, probably that job.

That fan base is bonkers. :wacko:

18 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I can agree that you need to admit mistakes.  But we have seen many QBs come out and stink and turn it around.  I do think Bryce looks the part of a bust.  

But it is crazy business to do all this scouting.  Give the farm to go get the guy.  Then cut bait after 1 year.   They have to ride it out for a year or 2.  They go get a guy now and hes still on that team where they have a revolving door at HC.  Id build a roster a bit while watching Bryce flame out.  Then get a QB.  Doing it now is just doubling down for no real payoff.  

Good point build both lines while waiting to see if he is a bust which he looks the part and then get a QB. That is another decent option.

Chargers because they have many good pieces including QB. Justin isn't wrong.

21 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Chargers because they have many good pieces including QB. Justin isn't wrong.

Not that Ekeler is great but hes a FA.  They have a few and are in bad cap situation.  

I wasn't a fan of Quentin Johnston coming out.  That may possibly be a wiff.   Keean Allen is getting long in the tooth.  Williams can't stay healthy.

Other than Herbert, I think that is an overrated situation.  Overrated is thr Chargers middle name.  

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not that Ekeler is great but hes a FA.  They have a few and are in bad cap situation.  

I wasn't a fan of Quentin Johnston coming out.  That may possibly be a wiff.   Keean Allen is getting long in the tooth.  Williams can't stay healthy.

Other than Herbert, I think that is an overrated situation.  Overrated is thr Chargers middle name.  

QB is the hardest piece though. So to me it’s chargers or a team with a very high pick this year where you think you can get your QB

Russell Wilson and Cousins will be available. They could get that Falcons offense going. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Russell Wilson and Cousins will be available. They could get that Falcons offense going. 

No Minshew love :(

17 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

No Minshew love :(

No. Did you watch that game the other night? His own coach was terrified of him. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. Did you watch that game the other night? His own coach was terrified of him. 

Yeah. I know he's average at best, I just like him

36 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

QB is the hardest piece though. So to me it’s chargers or a team with a very high pick this year where you think you can get your QB

Perhaps mismanaged but they got Herbert.  They have done squat thus far.  If fhr next year it will be hard to improve the team a ton with cap space issues then it is almost unfixable for a couple years.  They paid thr QB and didn't even get a real window.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Perhaps mismanaged but they got Herbert.  They have done squat thus far.  If fhr next year it will be hard to improve the team a ton with cap space issues then it is almost unfixable for a couple years.  They paid thr QB and didn't even get a real window.  

This is why I have the Chargers job lower than the Commanders. LAC’s weapons are broken down and old and the D is bad. The expectations immediately make the postseason are high.

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Steelers if Tomlin takes time off and the rumors are true.

What rumors

Dallas

14 hours ago, Reality said:

According to Philly fans, probably that job.

That fan base is bonkers. :wacko:

Why do coaches there flame out so quickly?

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

Why do coaches there flame out so quickly?

You should go to a game there. Thousands of some of the most disgusting people in this country.  And unlike a Yankee/ Sox game with some fun back and forth, those hill people want to hurt someone.  It’s gross. Hard to believe I did it twice.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should go to a game there. Thousands of some of the most disgusting people in this country.  And unlike a Yankee/ Sox game with some fun back and forth, those hill people want to hurt someone.  It’s gross. Hard to believe I did it twice.  

I went there once. When my chick was pregnant with our son. Would have been June 2013. The Bruins were in the playoffs and playing the Penguins (conference finals). We found a bar to watch the game. I wore my Bruins hat and everyone loved us, cause they hate Pittsburgh.  Bruins swept the series.