Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Texas continues adding razor wire along border

32 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Backtracks on the welding open of the gates 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And your knowledge is shite, Biden restarted the wall https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-administration-border-wall-construction-south-texas/

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

From your link:

"They have to use the money from what was appropriated," Biden said. "I can't stop that."

He's talking about the remainder of the 5 billion in contracts issued by Trump.  He can do whatever he wants with the remainder of the 10 billion from the military budget. But at least you've back tracked on the fact that Trump did build a substantial portion of the wall.  Reinforced by your link:

During the Trump administration, about 450 miles of barriers were built along the southwest border between 2017 and January 2021. 

Nowhere does your link say the projects have restarted. I have not heard from those companies that the contracts have been reinstated, but, I know how to find out for sure.  I'll also ask if they've been told to remove welds and close the gates.  

12 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

There's always an excuse to justify doing what you want.    I guess we are at a point now where we only respect SC's decisions when they overturn RvW and other things people agree with.   

Where did they ignore the SC ruling?

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Are you aware that the majority of undocumented immigrants don’t come across our southern border at all? They come here legally and simply overstay their visas. (incidentally this is also how the vast majority of fentanyl gets here too.) 

Then how do criminals that get deported get back in? 

14 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

That's not the same thing as only respecting laws and rulings when you agree with them as I was pointing out.    I think it's odd that people on the "law and order" right would cheer on ignoring SC rulings.  

What did the SC say? 

13 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Maybe I need to be more clear.   We both seem to expect it, but when I read your post I get the impression you are OK with it.  I am not.    

I do not think we can change human nature.   Where we are falling short is educating people.  We seem to be indoctrinating vs educating.

And educated person will scrutinize and question.  And indoctrinated person simply obeys, and does not question.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. If the illegals keep coming, that’s on Biden. That’s how the voters that count will see it. 

Meh.

Trump didn't build a wall.  Trump didn't Locker Up.  I don't have faith that he's going to keep his promises.  

6 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Meh.

Trump didn't build a wall.  Trump didn't Locker Up.  I don't have faith that he's going to keep his promises.  

You might want to figure out why you think the bold and make changes in your information gathering so you are better educated.  

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

He ran out of time when he didn’t get reelected. We’re going to resolve that. Why didn’t Biden finish it?

Probably a waste of money considering how much was spent on the few miles Trump actually did complete.

Plus past studies have shown that Visa overstays exceed illegal border crossings (from 2019):

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecutive-year-visa-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS' executive director, in a statement. "As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

What is the penalty for overstaying in US on a visa?

The penalty will depend on how long you overstayed. For example, if you overstay for 180 days or more, but less than one year, then you will be barred from coming back to the U.S. for three years once you depart the U.S. However, if you overstay for more than one year, you will be barred for ten years. 

Does anyone know if this is actually happening? Are they really telling people they can't come back? If this is such an issue, people would be leaving the US and not allowed back, right? 

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then how do criminals that get deported get back in? 

Well? 

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did the SC say? 

Well? 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Are you aware that the majority of undocumented immigrants don’t come across our southern border at all? They come here legally and simply overstay their visas. (incidentally this is also how the vast majority of fentanyl gets here too.) 

I doubt this is currently true considering something like 6 million illegals have come since BIden was elected.  But regardless, we should be going after those illegals too.  IIRC at least half of the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 were on overstayed visas.  This is why we should have control of our border and go after all illegals.  So, your trying to deflect from our border crisis falls on deaf ears. 

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

I doubt this is currently true considering something like 6 million illegals have come since BIden was elected.  But regardless, we should be going after those illegals too.  IIRC at least half of the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 were on overstayed visas.  This is why we should have control of our border and go after all illegals.  So, your trying to deflect from our border crisis falls on deaf ears. 

I was wrong about that assertion, at least in recent years. 

Trump has clearly told the House Republicans to reject any deal with the Democrats no matter how much Biden is willing to concede on this issue. Trump wants the border to be a crisis on Election Day. He also does not want any further money going to Ukraine. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump has clearly told the House Republicans to reject any deal with the Democrats no matter how much Biden is willing to concede on this issue. Trump wants the border to be a crisis on Election Day. He also does not want any further money going to Ukraine. 

The security of our borders shouldn’t have to be negotiated. There are laws in place.  And it’s the job of our federal government to secure it.  How about enforcement of the laws that exist and see how it works? No negotiations necessary.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The security of our borders shouldn’t have to be negotiated. There are laws in place.  And it’s the job of our federal government to secure it.  How about enforcement of the laws that exist and see how it works? No negotiations necessary.  

Biden is literally an extreme criminal in this matter. 

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Biden is literally an extreme criminal in this matter. 

He is.  He’s playing a game with the asylum claims. He’s taken something meant for very specific purposes and done an end around on it. Taking advantage of the good intentions of our country for political purposes.  It’s shameful and he ought to be impeached over it. 

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not sure if the first part is true, but you are getting at a reason its obvious so much of this is political bs and Washington really doesn't want the issue fixed.   Even if Trump didn't tell them to, it seems they are more than willing to not talk about it and kick it down the road yet again, not doing anything for the issue. At the same time this bs is going on it looks like Biden is trying to work with Mexico to get them to slow the flow, again not addressing the issue.   It really it stupid.  

On top of that we could have TX dropping wire as the feds come behind and cut it, again doing nothing.   'Murica!!

It was Republican senators that told MCConnell no deal. Trump! 

On 1/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

They're crying about it because they cant even get the POS out of the Senate.  If you're having trouble getting it out of a 51-49 Senate its DOA in the House.  But Trump!

On 1/25/2024 at 9:24 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

What actually happened is this: Without ever publicly revealing the details of a supposedly gangbusters border security bill (that we now know let’s in 1.8 freaking million a year) Senate Republican leadership told their colleagues in both houses of Congress that they definitely needed to get on board, that such a lucky star only shows itself once in a lifetime and that the window to pounce was never or now.

To great relief, some Republicans were smart enough to pass on that golden opportunity.

You mean we get the absolute pleasure of signing onto a bill we’ve never seen and which our constituents know nothing about on the biggest crisis our country has faced in more than 20 years? Tell me more!

Who in their right mind doesn't think we need to secure the border?  Don't care if your lib or cultist.  Can't just let an untracked stream of foreigners into your country FFS.  Legal immigration is great and these folks need to take that route.

This is the one area I agree with Trump and his cultist. 

33 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yup.

Doesn’t matter anymore it’s over. 40% think they are coming here because of climate change or believe economic mobility is a valid asylum claim from anywhere in the world. Republicans are hiding a bill that lets in 1.5 million. There’s probably closer to 30-35m here already. 60Ok “known” gottaways alone last year. How many unknowns. 

Lol. CBP agents union says they will nit remove barbed wire or arrest any Texas national guard members. Biden is their boss. Biden has been rendered impotent. 

The park belongs to Texas, not the federal government. Kind of important.  

On 1/25/2024 at 11:16 AM, squistion said:

Probably a waste of money considering how much was spent on the few miles Trump actually did complete.

Plus past studies have shown that Visa overstays exceed illegal border crossings (from 2019):

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecutive-year-visa-overstays-exceeded-illegal-border-crossings

For 7th Consecutive Year, Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers. This is not a blip, but a trend which has become the norm," said Donald Kerwin, CMS' executive director, in a statement. "As these numbers indicate, construction of hundreds of more miles of border wall would not address the challenge of irregular migration into our country, far from it."

My wife is on a visa overstay. That's because her visa was issued for six months but the system is backlogged and the process to secure her Green Card is ongoing into the thirteenth month. Under Trump, the processing time was completed in 3-4 months.

Finally, two weeks ago, we did get some movement and a request for documents from INS and were told to expect be complete within 60 days. No contact information to follow up existed. Also, calling the INS website website's phone number, all you get is a phone tree. There is no option or chance to connect with a human. The INS does have a poorly programmed bot answer its emails with overarching tropes and lacking any useful information. There is no way to contact a human being that works there, we went through Congressman John James' office.

Biden has failed this country in virtually every way.

Texas stepped up. You love to see it.

SC now says Texas can catch the illegals and deport them. you biden and mayorkas. I want to know which stupid SC judges, other than the tard that can't define 'woman', flipped. They should have never had to flip. Jackson is a retard so sits understandable that she would be on the wrong side of the constitution.

Preferred way to send them back:

Can you imagine the amount of outright stupidity we are going to be subjected to by Jackson in the coming years? She’s just getting started.  

1 minute ago, squistion said:

She ought to move to 2020’s Germany is she likes mass migration so much. The Krauts are loving it.