Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Stuff like this is why the Dems still win elections

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Peefoam, the abortion that lived. :( 

That's your go-to isn't it peanut. When you have nothing but hurt feelers. 

12:37 pm. :(

Just now, 5-Points said:

The woman who was raped has a right to life too. The life she chose. 

This is completely different than some sIut that gets knocked up because she was too irresponsible to take measures to prevent it. 

You can't force a person to live with the consequences of someone else's criminal actions when some of those consequences are preventable. 

"It's her fault for looking so hot when she was ovulating" isnt a good look. 

1. The raped woman still has her life. People who are victims of crime have had their life forever changed. They didn't choose to get shot, stabbed robbed etc... Murdering a baby doesn't make it right. That baby didn't do anything wrong. Yet you are willing to kill it. 

2. It's not different. Murdering a baby is wrong (pro-life stance)

3. Life isn't fair and sucks sometimes. People who are victims of crime and accidents have to live with the consequences of those actions too. A child slashed across the face with a knife lives with that scar forever. The mother is not forced to raise the child. It's terrible. It sucks, but life is that way for some people. I wish it wasn't.

4. Nobody is saying that.

Thank you God.  I hope I live long enough to see a law against any woman be able to murder.  

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

1. The raped woman still has her life. People who are victims of crime have had their life forever changed. They didn't choose to get shot, stabbed robbed etc... Murdering a baby doesn't make it right. That baby didn't do anything wrong. Yet you are willing to kill it. 

2. It's not different. Murdering a baby is wrong (pro-life stance)

3. Life isn't fair and sucks sometimes. People who are victims of crime and accidents have to live with the consequences of those actions too. A child slashed across the face with a knife lives with that scar forever. The mother is not forced to raise the child. It's terrible. It sucks, but life is that way for some people. I wish it wasn't.

4. Nobody is saying that.

1. She no longer has the life she chose. And the life she has left could very well be lost while giving birth to a rape baby. 

2. It is very much different. (Logical person's stance)

3. That's why I said "when those consequences are preventable."

4. They may as well be. 

34 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

@TimHauck I'll try to explain why people see abortion as wrong even in cases like this.

Pro-life people believe that is a baby in the womb. A human life. An innocent person who didn't do anything wrong. Abortion in their eyes is murder. The killing of an innocent child. Gods gift. 

It's terrible for the woman who was raped. I can't imagine. But Pro-life people don't believe murdering a baby makes things right. When you view it like this you'll understand why people vote pro-life

It’s not about “making it right.”  It’s about not forcing the woman to have a constant reminder that she was raped.

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

1. She no longer has the life she chose. And the life she has left could very well be lost while giving birth to a rape baby. 

2. It is very much different. (Logical person's stance)

3. That's why I said "when those consequences are preventable."

4. They may as well be. 

1. Again victims of crime will never have the life they choose. Murdering children doesn't change that. Also no this isn't the 1800s. So you can stop right there.

2. Nope

3. The rape happened the child was conceived. There's no prevention at this point. It's murdering a child now.

4. An innocent baby has a right to live. 

In the pro-life eyes killing a baby in the womb is the same as killing a 5-year-old child. You wouldn't kill the 5 y/o for the sins of the father, would you?

Just now, TimHauck said:

It’s not about “making it right.”  It’s about not forcing the woman to have a constant reminder that she was raped.

The rape happened. It will ALWAYS be there. There's no going back. Now you're adding murdering a baby to the conscious. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

The rape happened. It will ALWAYS be there. There's no going back. Now you're adding murdering a baby to the conscious. 

Are you in favor of a federal law banning abortion?

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

⬆️.    AMEN BROTHER, DON'T EVER LET THEM FORGET IT. 

If you support Biden, you support a Pedo. 

not your fight man

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

1. Again victims of crime will never have the life they choose. Murdering children doesn't change that. Also no this isn't the 1800s. So you can stop right there.

2. Nope

3. The rape happened the child was conceived. There's no prevention at this point. It's murdering a child now.

4. An innocent baby has a right to live. 

In the pro-life eyes killing a baby in the womb is the same as killing a 5-year-old child. You wouldn't kill the 5 y/o for the sins of the father, would you?

1. So women don't die during childbirth anymore?

2. I said  logical people. 

3. The psychological consequences of the rape will be with the victim forever. The physical consequences need not be. 

4. It may be life at conception but it isn't a child. You're trying too hard. 

Also your Missouri legislators make like $40k per year.   I'm not quitting my job to run, and not sure why others would be enticed to either.   Except for maybe the pension, but I need to position myself to retire without it, before I chance that :ninja:

However, like ~stick, my antics here would be some of biggest hurdles to overcome 😀

14 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Keep up the good work GOP. This is a winning issue for you.

Pedoism at it's best.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Men getting worked up about abortion.  Worry about something else. 

Men have all the right in the world talking about abortion.

51 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

However, like ~stick, my antics here would be some of biggest hurdles to overcome 😀

Anyone known to post here has killed any hope of ever running for office.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Men have all the right in the world talking about abortion.

Who said anything about your right to talk about it? But, Hmmm. Another war, or abortion? Terrorists walking into our country, or abortion? Migrants overrunning cities, or abortion? Brain dead president and worse standing behind him, or abortion? Talk away. Let me know when it affects your life more than the other things going on. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who said anything about your right to talk about it? But, Hmmm. Another war, or abortion? Terrorists walking into our country, or abortion? Migrants overrunning cities, or abortion? Brain dead president and worse standing behind him, or abortion? Talk away. Let me know when it affects your life more than the other things going on. 

But see here is your problem: on every one of the issues you mentioned, Biden is preferable to Trump: 

1. Biden is tougher than Trump, far more respected internationally, and will keep this nation safer both short and long term. We are far less likely to go to war under Biden than we are under Trump (particularly given Trump’s statements last night inviting Russia to invade NATO countries.) 

2. We are far less likely to have a terrorist attack here under Biden than we are under Trump. You can’t fully prevent it from happening, but Trump’s impulsive actions as President (moving the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, isolating the Palestinians during the Abraham Accords, abandoning our Kurdish allies, assassinating an Iranian general) make terrorism here far more likely. Biden smartly has done none of that but we are still at great risk because of Trump’s idiocy. 

3. Migrants aren’t overrunning cities but it is a crisis situation, not due to either Trump or Biden. Trump will be no better than Biden on this issue though his “remedies” will be crueler and frankly un-American. Trump bears great responsibility for killing the latest deal which would have made things somewhat better, all for political purposes. Trump will be far worse on this issue. 

4. Neither man is “brain dead”. Both men have made questionable gaffes; Trump’s are worse than Biden. But I don’t worry about either man’s dementia. Biden is competent and Trump is incompetent, but Trump’s incompetence is not related to age. 

So like I wrote: abortion is one reason why Biden will win but not the only reason. Everything you listed are additional reasons Biden will be re-elected. 

• Haha 1

Tim thinks I’m reading that bullshit. Cute kid. 

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A person can be interested in many things at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tim thinks I’m reading that bullshit. Cute kid. 

Oh I’m not surprised if you don’t read it. You’re still a Trump supporter. That defines you as someone who prefers to be ignorant. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Oh I’m not surprised if you don’t read it. You’re still a Trump supporter. That defines you as someone who prefers to be ignorant. 

Ignorant about abortion? I think I’m up to speed on the issue. As for whatever you had to say, I get the talking points memo everyday. Your take is neither unique or interesting.  Boiler plate pablum. 

21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But see here is your problem: on every one of the issues you mentioned, Biden is preferable to Trump: 

1. Biden is tougher than Trump, far more respected internationally, and will keep this nation safer both short and long term. We are far less likely to go to war under Biden than we are under Trump (particularly given Trump’s statements last night inviting Russia to invade NATO countries.) 

2. We are far less likely to have a terrorist attack here under Biden than we are under Trump. You can’t fully prevent it from happening, but Trump’s impulsive actions as President (moving the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, isolating the Palestinians during the Abraham Accords, abandoning our Kurdish allies, assassinating an Iranian general) make terrorism here far more likely. Biden smartly has done none of that but we are still at great risk because of Trump’s idiocy. 

3. Migrants aren’t overrunning cities but it is a crisis situation, not due to either Trump or Biden. Trump will be no better than Biden on this issue though his “remedies” will be crueler and frankly un-American. Trump bears great responsibility for killing the latest deal which would have made things somewhat better, all for political purposes. Trump will be far worse on this issue. 

4. Neither man is “brain dead”. Both men have made questionable gaffes; Trump’s are worse than Biden. But I don’t worry about either man’s dementia. Biden is competent and Trump is incompetent, but Trump’s incompetence is not related to age. 

So like I wrote: abortion is one reason why Biden will win but not the only reason. Everything you listed are additional reasons Biden will be re-elected. 

More fever dream "I wish this was all true" posts from Tim again.  :doh:

None of what you said is even remotely based in reality.

6 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

A person can be interested in many things at the same time.

Sure can. I have my views on abortion as well. But as a person that cares about the immoderate future of our country, abortion doesn’t rate at this time. I can’t see how it could be a major issue for anyone. 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You tried, Tim.

I think right now, because Biden is weak, it is the prefect time for dictators in China, Venezuela, or Ethiopia to invade their neighbors. That stuff didn't happen under Trump.

Trump can get allies to pony up for their defense responsibilities by giving them a hard time just like not promising free health care, money, housing, and food would keep illegal immigrants out.

Also, nice switheroo on the Abraham Accord. Trump did more to bring peace to the Middle East than any other president of our lifetime. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You tried, Tim.

I think right now, because Biden is weak, it is the prefect time for dictators in China, Venezuela, or Ethiopia to invade their neighbors. That stuff didn't happen under Trump.

Trump can get allies to pony up for their defense responsibilities by giving them a hard time just like not promising free health care, money, housing, and food would keep illegal immigrants out.

Also, nice switheroo on the Abraham Accord. Trump did more to bring peace to the Middle East than any other president of our lifetime. 

Well I may be a little older than you but both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton did far more than Trump, who actually was our worst President ever for peace in that region (with the possible exception of George W Bush.) 

The rest of what you wrote is just as wrong. I honestly can’t  understand how, given Biden’s strengthening of NATO and his almost single handed prevention of Russia overrunning Ukraine, a smart guy like you can continue to believe that he’s weak on foreign affairs. I just don’t get it. I ESPECIALLY don’t get it in contrast to Trump sucking up to dictators and inviting Russia to invade NATO countries. I mean it’s like you and so many others around here are in some kind of Bizarro world. It’s mind boggling to me. Please for once put down the partisan glasses and preconceived notions and examine what is truly going on. 

• Haha 2

Biden and Obama gave Ukraine blankets. Putin invaded. Trump gave them missiles. Putin stayed put.  Biden said a small incursion is ok.  Putin invaded further. Now look where we are.  

Remember when Obama sent word to Putin to hold off, he would have more “flexibility” after the election? That worked out well. Putin laughed at him. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden and Obama gave Ukraine blankets. Putin invaded. Trump gave them missiles. Putin stayed out. Biden said a small incursion is ok.  Putin invaded further. Now look where we are.  

Congress gave them missiles against Trump’s wishes. Trump only signed off after getting caught trying to blackmail Zelensky in order to get fake info on Joe Biden. Stop trying to revise history. 

If Trump had been elected in 2020, Russia would have invaded Ukraine in 2021 exactly the way they did, The only difference is they would have won easily because Trump wouldn’t have lifted a finger to help. And if Trump somehow wins this year, that will be a message to Putin that he can finish off Ukraine and move on to the next target. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Congress gave them missiles against Trump’s wishes. Trump only signed off after getting caught trying to blackmail Zelensky in order to get fake info on Joe Biden. Stop trying to revise history. 

If Trump had been elected in 2020, Russia would have invaded Ukraine in 2021 exactly the way they did, The only difference is they would have won easily because Trump wouldn’t have lifted a finger to help. And if Trump somehow wins this year, that will be a message to Putin that he can finish off Ukraine and move on to the next target. 

They got missiles. Not blankets.  Trump didn’t need flexibility to do what was right. And no, Trump had stated emphatically that Ukraine would nit be joining NATO. No invasion would have occurred. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sure can. I have my views on abortion as well. But as a person that cares about the immoderate future of our country, abortion doesn’t rate at this time. I can’t see how it could be a major issue for anyone. 

Okay.

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well I may be a little older than you but both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton did far more than Trump, who actually was our worst President ever for peace in that region (with the possible exception of George W Bush.) 

The rest of what you wrote is just as wrong. I honestly can’t  understand how, given Biden’s strengthening of NATO and his almost single handed prevention of Russia overrunning Ukraine, a smart guy like you can continue to believe that he’s weak on foreign affairs. I just don’t get it. I ESPECIALLY don’t get it in contrast to Trump sucking up to dictators and inviting Russia to invade NATO countries. I mean it’s like you and so many others around here are in some kind of Bizarro world. It’s mind boggling to me. Please for once put down the partisan glasses and preconceived notions and examine what is truly going on. 

Carter deserves praise for establishing a peace agreement between Israel and Egypt. He also presided over the revolution in Iran when the Shah was overthrown in favor of the Ayatollah and the subsequent Iran hostage situation as well as a failed rescuer mission. 

Clinton got it between Israel and Jordan and then expended a tremendous amount of effort to get it between Israel and Palestine but they never agreed to anything. The Palestinians had a nice, generous deal in hand but didn't agree to it and that's their own stupid fault, not Clinton's. Also the Serbian war was conducted really well.

Trump didn't start any wars nor presided over any new ones. He expanded on Clinton and Carter's work in the region with agreements between Israel and UEA, Bahrain and Sudan. He was also reportedly right on top of a deal with the Saudis that fell apart as soon as he left office when Biden froze relations with the Saudis. Unlike Biden, he also identifies Iran as the biggest hostile agent in the region and took a far tougher line. He had a timeline for pulling out of Afghanistan in place too but it was up to Biden to conduct it properly and he failed miserably.

Biden has the right policy IMO on Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Israel. You have to wonder if he wasn't so frail and pathetic though if any of these things would have happened or gone down so poorly.

Abortions should not only be free for women in the inner city. But because black women are raped the most and they suffer so much from having children. Black women alone should receive $1,000 every time they have an abortion.

After all, it's only right. I am 100% serious.

On 2/11/2024 at 10:20 AM, BuckSwope said:

Honestly, what else to the Dems have to run on in 2024?     

I would think the main point to hammer would be him being responsible for overturning RvW.  Probably spin as though Missouri and Texas are what's coming from the right and that's how most of them REALLY feel.  True or not, that's the political strategy.   

Otherwise, what?    Try to pin the border on the Rs after focking it up for 4 years?   We see them struggling with the youth vote over Isreal/Gaza.  It's hard to pimp up the economy, even though there are some positive stats to look at, when people are still feeling it in their accounts and shopping for basic goods.   IMO they are losing the 'woke' battle with anybody not hard left.   It really feels like the abortion issue is their one main winning point at the polls.  I guess good for them it's one that mobilizes a ton of people.   

Good post.

For people like @Cdub100, I understand the passion that all life is precious, but that victory should be won via debate, not legislation.  And we need to abstract the "rightness" of the position from its impact on elections.  Buck, Volty, and others are correct that this is a losing position for the Republican party, and it was the primary reason that the red wave didn't happen in 2022 (the secondary reason being that Trump-backed candidates don't share the same teflon that Trump himself does, and they by and large flamed out in competitive elections).

On 2/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, cmh6476 said:

Also your Missouri legislators make like $40k per year.   I'm not quitting my job to run, and not sure why others would be enticed to either.   Except for maybe the pension, but I need to position myself to retire without it, before I chance that :ninja:

Arizona says hold my beer.

Since 1970, legislative pay recommendations of the Commission on Salaries for Elective State Officers have been required to be submitted to the voters of Arizona for approval. Arizona legislators currently receive compensation of $24,000 per year

and... you get what you pay for.  For every Leslie Knope there are a dozen idiots who you wouldn't want watching your cat, let alone controlling a state legislation.  

I would put another zero at the end of that salary and see what we get as candidates.  It's freaking noise in the budget for cripes sake, let's lure some smart people into these positions!

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Arizona says hold my beer.

and... you get what you pay for.  For every Leslie Knope there are a dozen idiots who you wouldn't want watching your cat, let alone controlling a state legislation.  

I would put another zero at the end of that salary and see what we get as candidates.  It's freaking noise in the budget for cripes sake, let's lure some smart people into these positions!

They pay the ones here in Mass like 170k and they’re all commies 

42 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

says who? a few idiots?

Seems to be a growing number of them holding elected positions 

10 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

They pay the ones here in Mass like 170k and they’re all commies 

Interesting, thanks.  This seems like something of a natural experiment; when time allows I'll look into your legislature and if they've done anything idiotic.

Do you think the salary is the cause of the commie-ness, or is it just a Mass thing?