Sign in to follow this  
edjr

California - $50 hr minimum wage.

Minimum wage is a topic that draws a lot of attention, especially in California, a state that has one of the highest minimum wages in the United States.

In a debate Monday night, Rep. Barbara Lee defended her previous advocacy for a $50 minimum wage.

https://fox40.com/inside-california-politics/50-minimum-wage-heres-what-u-s-senate-candidates-for-california-say/amp/

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Minimum wage is a topic that draws a lot of attention, especially in California, a state that has one of the highest minimum wages in the United States.

In a debate Monday night, Rep. Barbara Lee defended her previous advocacy for a $50 minimum wage.

https://fox40.com/inside-california-politics/50-minimum-wage-heres-what-u-s-senate-candidates-for-california-say/amp/

If there’s one thing amongst all of them, the left has no concept of is basic economics. 
The perception that all these franchise owners are millionaires is a joke. You take them to 50 bucks for employees and they will either close or have robots do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

$50 an hour minimum wage is like Reparations, something to act outraged about that will never happen. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, squistion said:

$50 an hour minimum wage

Except you probably need $50 and hour just to live comfortably in California. 

$50 an hour after taxes isn't all that much. Unless you're dumb enough to become a school teacher, then it's a kings ransom. 

No one would be able to live comfortably with a min wage of 50$, there wouldn’t be much jobs available.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

No one would be able to live comfortably with a min wage of 50$, there wouldn’t be much jobs available.  

There's only so many Starbucks in California. 

9 hours ago, squistion said:

$50 an hour minimum wage is like Reparations, something to act outraged about that will never happen. 

Why won’t they happen?

Hey its not their money.  Not their business they are trying to run.  

So obviously they dont care about that side of the situation.   

Hey easy. Just give people more money.  Poof.  

The liberal tilt toward destroying the economy is a curious way to approach the world

Fock, let's make it $100/hour. 

'We need a $50 minimum wage in CA"

Translation: 'I need you low IQ, losers to vote for me'

On 2/14/2024 at 9:19 PM, squistion said:

First deny  <------- WE ARE HERE

then when caught.....minimize by saying "its just that one store" or "its isolated"

as it spreads declare it to be a "right wing conspiracy theory"

as it surges....blame Republicans....rinse.....repeat....

Finally throw out the "what does it matter now" to pretend we should just drop it.

Source

If CA does this, I wonder how they're going to deal with the onslaught of people wanting minimum wage positions for jobs where they can work remotely from places like Iowa and Kansas.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

First deny  <------- WE ARE HERE

then when caught.....minimize by saying "its just that one store" or "its isolated"

as it spreads declare it to be a "right wing conspiracy theory"

as it surges....blame Republicans....rinse.....repeat....

Finally throw out the "what does it matter now" to pretend we should just drop it.

Source

And we ain't gonna move from the first one because it will never happen.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If CA does this, I wonder how they're going to deal with the onslaught of people wanting minimum wage positions for jobs where they can work remotely from places like Iowa and Kansas.

More voters. 

53 minutes ago, squistion said:

And we ain't gonna move from the first one because it will never happen.

I think you might be underestimating the desire for liberals to "out do" each other with virtuosity games

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think you might be underestimating the desire for liberals to "out do" each other with virtuosity games

I think you're underestimating the sway of the donor class in politics. The pols know who butters their bread. It ain't Starbucks baristas or burger flippers at In N Out.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:05 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

Except you probably need $50 and hour just to live comfortably in California. 

$50 an hour after taxes isn't all that much. Unless you're dumb enough to become a school teacher, then it's a kings ransom. 

It's roughly $100K/year for a full time job.  Minimum?

Also, and not to you specifically because I'm sure you know it, but it's worse than increasing to $50, because all of the other jobs that require more than minimum will have to be above $50.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:19 PM, squistion said:

People said $20 would never happen. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's roughly $100K/year for a full time job.  Minimum?

Also, and not to you specifically because I'm sure you know it, but it's worse than increasing to $50, because all of the other jobs that require more than minimum will have to be above $50.

24 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

People said $20 would never happen. 

They'll let this linger for a few years to get those 16 to 21's on their side, then raise it to $25 and blame the Republican's on why they couldn't go to $50.

57 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I think you're underestimating the sway of the donor class in politics. The pols know who butters their bread. It ain't Starbucks baristas or burger flippers at In N Out.

Not at all, when the folks at Panera were given a pass by Newsome, that is a perfect example of it.... but it does not compare to the virtuosity Olympics transpiring on the left

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Fdork...😆

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Shocking!!!  A successful global company employs 10s of thousands (or more) employees flipping burgers or making coffee and the CEO makes way more money than lowest level staffers?   WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!!! 

14 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

And what do you want to bet that Democrats will portray those business owners as the evil ones....the ones who did this.....as the "problem" when people decry the loss of access to employment?

Just incredibly stupid people......in government....

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Shocking!!!  A successful global company employs 10s of thousands (or more) employees flipping burgers or making coffee and the CEO makes way more money than lowest level staffers?   WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!!!! 

Oh no, the part time 25 year old ghey boy who pours coffee for people doesn't make successful CEO level money!!!  Outrage!!! :cry:

WTF. Why are teenager level thinkers having voice in this country?

No one at FFT would ever take this kind of insulting pay cut!!