The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

Good morning. I read a pretty good opinion piece in the Washington Post this morning about Kamala Harris: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/02/22/kamala-harris-asset-campaign/

Jennifer Rubin is an excellent writer. And she’s right; Kamala is being seriously underrated. In the end her ability to mobilize younger voters will help Biden win the election. 

• Haha 3

About 75% of Americans still support helping Ukraine: 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/02/16/how-americans-view-the-conflicts-between-russia-and-ukraine-israel-and-hamas-and-china-and-taiwan/

About half of the Republicans are opposed. Unfortunately this 25%, through the House of Representatives, have a veto power on the rest of us. 

2 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

Also, when you use his leftist sources to show him what an idiot he truly is, he takes his ball and goes home. Total clown.

I’ve noticed you have a tendency to label everything you disagree with “leftist”. This is both incorrect and lazy. Most of my views and arguments regarding undocumented immigration come from libertarian sources, like Reason magazine and the Cato institute. My overall philosophy regarding this issue is pro-capitalism. On the other hand, your position fits more squarely in the collectivist/leftist mode. 

Back in 2020 the Baker Institute from Rice University in Texas did an in depth study of the economic effects of undocumented immigration and concluded that the benefits outweighed the costs: 

https://www.bakerinstitute.org/research/undocumented-immigrants-texas-cost-benefit-assessment

This matches a previous study on this topic from ten years prior by the University of Arizona. I have linked both studies in the past and likely will continue to do so, as the facts regarding this matter are pretty overwhelming. I have also posted various studies showing that the impact of undocumented immigration on crime is insignificant in terms of overall numbers or percentage. Thus the two major complaints made about these people, that they cost us money and that they’re generally violent criminals, are essentially myths, created and maintained by those who seek to divide us through fear and bigotry. 

This doesn’t mean that the current border situation isn’t a big problem; it is and we need to take action. But we shouldn’t forget that in the long term undocumented immigrants are still mostly a benefit to us. 

52 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’ve noticed you have a tendency to label everything you disagree with “leftist”. This is both incorrect and lazy. Most of my views and arguments regarding undocumented immigration come from libertarian sources, like Reason magazine and the Cato institute. My overall philosophy regarding this issue is pro-capitalism. On the other hand, your position fits more squarely in the collectivist/leftist mode. 

Government controlling borders and keeping them open, against the will of the people, is not a libertarian position. You’re full of sh!t like always. 

5 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Government controlling borders and keeping them open, against the will of the people, is not a libertarian position. You’re full of sh!t like always. 

Stop your double standard bullshlt. The will of the people is to keep abortion legal, and to NEVER have elected Donald Trump. You only care about the will of the people when you agree with it. GTFO.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Stop your double standard bullshlt. The will of the people is to keep abortion legal, and to NEVER have elected Donald Trump. You only care about the will of the people when you agree with it. GTFO.

Cry harder 

11 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. Closing borders involves government, not keeping them open. What the hell are you even talking about? You’re very confused. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. Closing borders involves government, not keeping them open. What the hell are you even talking about? You’re very confused. 

Where did I say close the border is your reading comprehension getting affected by your leftist pea-brain? 

Also libertarians don’t give a crap about “the will of the people”. That’s a leftist, Communist term. You might as well be wearing be a hammer and sickle on your lapel. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

Where did I say close the border is your reading comprehension getting affected by your leftist pea-brain? 

You wrote “government controlling borders and keeping them open”. That’s a contradiction. You’re the one who wants tight government control over our borders. 

26 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Cry harder 

B1tch you're the on who's crying about how leftists are the ENEMY and you hate them all. Fellow Americans are NOT the enemy, ya brainwashed fukstik. You're a whining little child lacking nuance of thought, self awareness and emotional intelligence. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

B1tch you're the on who's crying about how leftists are the ENEMY and you hate them all. Fellow Americans are NOT the enemy, ya brainwashed fukstik. You're a whining little child lacking nuance of thought, self awareness and emotional intelligence. 

And the most ironic part is that he says he hates leftists but he’s easily the most leftist person on this topic. I guess he hates himself, which is always sad. 

Why are you guys playing in Tims stupid azz safe space? Make him leave the board or post in the other threads. Dude is a pussyyy lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why are you guys playing in Tims stupid azz safe space? Make him leave the board or post in the other threads. Dude is a pussyyy lol.

Yeah don’t post in his thread! (he writes as he posts in my thread.) 

I have chosen to post only in this thread because it’s the only thread that has the possibility of serious discussion that I can engage in. Even that is only part of the time. A lot of trolls have managed to worm their way in here. Oh well.

All are welcome to discuss the issues with me. But if you don’t want to, that’s fine too. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah don’t post in his thread! (he writes as he posts in my thread.) 

I'm just advising my fellow based Americans to not let your dumbass to control the conversation. 

In another thread @Horseman is offering quotes on undocumented immigration from the Center for Immigration Studies, a white supremacy hate group posing as a think tank. They lie through their teeth about this issue, but they’re important to read because of their heavy influence on Donald Trump and his closest allies. 

@Horseman once again I invite you to debate me on this topic. I’m not afraid of your nonsense or lies, and I will force you to face certain truths that you’ve chosen to ignore in your attempt to spread your bigotry. But if you’re too afraid to discuss this issue with somebody who actually knows what they’re talking about, I can understand that. 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I'm just advising my fellow based Americans to not let your dumbass to control the conversation. 

Not sure how I’m controlling the conversation. I offer my opinions and you’re welcome to disagree or comment as you wish. And you’re welcome to ignore the thread if you wish. 

45 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not sure how I’m controlling the conversation. I offer my opinions and you’re welcome to disagree or comment as you wish. And you’re welcome to ignore the thread if you wish. 

Oh bullshit.  Your style is to demand links and proof, then you reject those links, and claim your links are superior.   You refuse to listen to any opinion that doesn't come with a link from your sources.  Go ##### yourself.  You're a fat blowhard that takes advantage of illegal mexicans with a fat drunk driving wife.  No one here gives a your need for attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Oh bullshit.  Your style is to demand links and proof, then you reject those links, and claim your links are superior.   You refuse to listen to any opinion that doesn't come with a link from your sources.  Go ##### yourself.  You're a fat blowhard that takes advantage of illegal mexicans with a fat drunk driving wife.  No one here gives a your need for attention.

Then GTFO of the thread loser. You're clearly a focking idiot with opinions implanted by conservative media and no ability to think for yourself. 

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Then GTFO of the thread loser. You're clearly a focking idiot with opinions implanted by conservative media and no ability to think for yourself. 

WTF are you talking about, Corky?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

WTF are you talking about, Corky?

I seriously need to explain that short, concise paragraph to you? Pass.

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I seriously need to explain that short, concise paragraph to you? Pass.

Since I don't read or watch conservative media or any other media I guess you do, you stupid ##### retard.

18 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Seems like you nailed it BB from what I’m familiar with. He’s a blowhard, that’s an undeniable fact. He does exploit illegals, not sure about their ethnicity but I’d imagine a large number are Mexican and he is an attention VVhore. A yuge attention .

17 minutes ago, Fnord said:

opinions implanted by conservative media

That’s what I say about all the media..They only serve to program the populace 

33 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Seems like you nailed it BB from what I’m familiar with. He’s a blowhard, that’s an undeniable fact. He does exploit illegals, not sure about their ethnicity but I’d imagine a large number are Mexican and he is an attention VVhore. A yuge attention .

I know you’re quite fond of me HT

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

FBGays told you and your liberal dolt friends to GTFO. 😆

12 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

In another thread @Horseman is offering quotes on undocumented immigration from the Center for Immigration Studies, a white supremacy hate group posing as a think tank. They lie through their teeth about this issue, but they’re important to read because of their heavy influence on Donald Trump and his closest allies. 

@Horseman once again I invite you to debate me on this topic. I’m not afraid of your nonsense or lies, and I will force you to face certain truths that you’ve chosen to ignore in your attempt to spread your bigotry. But if you’re too afraid to discuss this issue with somebody who actually knows what they’re talking about, I can understand that. 

Him having a Confederate flag as his team photo in our fantasy league speaks volumes about his character and racist viewpoints.

18 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have chosen to post only in this thread because it’s the only thread that has the possibility of serious discussion that I can engage in. Even that is only part of the time. A lot of trolls have managed to worm their way in here. Oh well.

All are welcome to discuss the issues with me. But if you don’t want to, that’s fine too. 

Eat a d1ck, you fockin' cuck. 

HOW'S THAT FOR "DISCUSSION"? 

:banana:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Since I don't read or watch conservative media or any other media I guess you do, you stupid ##### retard.

So you don't pay any attention to news but still somehow have the same opinions as those that gorge themselves on Breitbart and Redstate? 

:huh:

That is next level stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

So you don't pay any attention to news but still somehow have the same opinions as those that gorge themselves on Breitbart and Redstate? 

:huh:

That is next level stupid. 

Where is my opinion posted, Corky?   Are you all dumb sh!t libs from FB Gays retarded like you and dozer?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Where is my opinion posted, Corky?   Are you all dumb sh!t libs from FB Gays retarded like you and dozer?

For those of us with functional reading abilities, your opinions are pretty obvious, such as the above. Deep thinker, you. And observant.

2 hours ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Eat a d1ck, you fockin' cuck. 

HOW'S THAT FOR "DISCUSSION"? 

:banana:

⬆️.  CLASSIC 

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

For those of us with functional reading abilities, your opinions are pretty obvious, such as the above. Deep thinker, you. And observant.

So you were just making sh!t up and going off on some incoherent rant.  Corky it is.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Back in 2020 the Baker Institute from Rice University in Texas did an in depth study of the economic effects of undocumented immigration and concluded that the benefits outweighed the costs: 

https://www.bakerinstitute.org/research/undocumented-immigrants-texas-cost-benefit-assessment

This matches a previous study on this topic from ten years prior by the University of Arizona. I have linked both studies in the past and likely will continue to do so, as the facts regarding this matter are pretty overwhelming. I have also posted various studies showing that the impact of undocumented immigration on crime is insignificant in terms of overall numbers or percentage. Thus the two major complaints made about these people, that they cost us money and that they’re generally violent criminals, are essentially myths, created and maintained by those who seek to divide us through fear and bigotry. 

This doesn’t mean that the current border situation isn’t a big problem; it is and we need to take action. But we shouldn’t forget that in the long term undocumented immigrants are still mostly a benefit to us. 

This report has been discussed here before; I don't recall if you were part of it.  I do recall finding some major concerns about the methodology, but I haven't gone back to reconstruct.

I will say, however, that figure 2 on page 10 (Country of Origin of Undocumented Immigrants in Texas, 2016.) shows that at the time the data was collected, 71% of the illegal immigrants in Texas were from Mexico.  This does NOT appear to be the case now -- the vast majority seem to be coming from countries south of Mexico.  Also the volume is much higher.  Also also, we are increasingly providing services that weren't provided at the time.

It is essentially using data for past behavior to justify current behavior.  

As a side note, that 71% number (86%  if you include other Latin American countries) seems in contrast with your claim that the majority of illegal immigrants are visa overstays.

42 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

So you were just making sh!t up and going off on some incoherent rant.  Corky it is.

Boss, if you think that's incoherent you are dumber than I thought. Lemme spell it out in short words.

Your posts make your opinions very clear even when you don't think you're posting opinions. That you cannot see or understand this is hard evidence that you are not used to, or possibly not capable of, forming your own opinions. So you adopt the opinions of others; likely whatever inbred rednecks you hang out with while guzzling PBR at the local hick watering hole.

Would you like me to link definitions for any of the words I used above?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

This report has been discussed here before; I don't recall if you were part of it.  I do recall finding some major concerns about the methodology, but I haven't gone back to reconstruct.

I will say, however, that figure 2 on page 10 (Country of Origin of Undocumented Immigrants in Texas, 2016.) shows that at the time the data was collected, 71% of the illegal immigrants in Texas were from Mexico.  This does NOT appear to be the case now -- the vast majority seem to be coming from countries south of Mexico.  Also the volume is much higher.  Also also, we are increasingly providing services that weren't provided at the time.

It is essentially using data for past behavior to justify current behavior.  

As a side note, that 71% number (86%  if you include other Latin American countries) seems in contrast with your claim that the majority of illegal immigrants are visa overstays.

Not my claim, but stated by various agencies. 

I‘m not sure what difference it makes whether or not the folks come from Mexico or other Latin American countries, in terms of the cost-gain question. That doesn’t appear to me to be a relevant factor though perhaps I’m missing something. 

But I want to stress that in the short term undocumented immigrants cost us more than they benefit us, especially in the border states, especially now. That’s why I agree that the current situation is untenable.