The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

Anyone who plays the race card has no interest in a serious debate...

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How's that hostage release coming?

Has Hamas backed off their stance against a two-state solution, or continue their charter to eradicate Israel entirely?

FWIW I don’t agree with @IGotWorms that what Israel is doing is genocide. Thats a very specific term relating to what is perhaps the worst crime a state can commit and despite leftist accusations to the contrary neither the United States nor Israel has ever committed it. (States that have include Germany, Russia, China, Turkey, Somalia, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Cambodia. I may have missed a couple.) 

But I dont agree with you that the answers to your 3 questions, which of course are all negative, mean that Israel should continue on their current course of action. 

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Anyone who plays the race card has no interest in a serious debate...

I agree with you. But “playing the race card” means calling out supposed racism when it doesn’t apply. But what if it does apply? In that case you’re not playing any kind of card, you’re bringing up a real issue of concern. 

Unless your position is that racism never applies? That all charges of racism against minorities are false claims? Sometimes this strikes me as the fall back conservative position even though I know it’s not: 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well me and Colin Powell and many many others both liberal and conservative: 

https://observer.com/2016/09/colin-powell-is-right-birtherism-is-racism/amp/

The whole thing was pretty obvious. Sorry you don’t see it that way. But I also need to emphasize that it’s only one example of a lifetime of racist statements and attitudes which continues. 

You and others are interpreting it how you want to.  I believe you are wrong.  At the time I was all for birtherism as it was a way to possibly keep Obama out of office.  I believed his policies were a threat to our country.  

1 minute ago, Beaker15 said:

You and others are interpreting it how you want to.  I believe you are wrong.  At the time I was all for birtherism as it was a way to possibly keep Obama out of office.  I believed his policies were a threat to our country.  

So if I understand you correctly you were for Birtherism whether or not it was true because it might remove Obama as President? 

Also just curious: which Obama policies threatened our country? In what way? 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well I don’t find your summary to be accurate. 

But forget that. I believe that there is overwhelming evidence that (a) Donald Trump is a lifelong racist and (b) that he uses racism to sow division and discord in this country so that he might take political advantage. Do you agree with these assertions? 

I agree with the first part:  Donald Trump is like pretty much every 80-ish year old white man who grew up in segregation (or quasi-segregation).  Pro tip:  there is another candidate who fits this description.  I grew up next to Scranton, 30 years after Biden did, and there weren't a lot of black people, and those that were, weren't mixing much with the white people.

The second part is laughable.  Barack Obama's legacy is using racism to sow division and discord in this country.  People like Al Sharpton make a living doing it.  The democratic party is neck deep in race baiters looking for racism in every corner, to sow division and discord in this country.  Just like the author of that pathetic op ed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I agree with you. But “playing the race card” means calling out supposed racism when it doesn’t apply. But what if it does apply? In that case you’re not playing any kind of card, you’re bringing up a real issue of concern. 

Unless your position is that racism never applies? That all charges of racism against minorities are false claims? Sometimes this strikes me as the fall back conservative position even though I know it’s not: 

My position is that 99 percent of the time it is brought up, it is total BS.  The US is the most anti-racist society in history and yet the leftist authoritarians use it as a wedge to maintain division as they increase their power. 

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

I agree with the first part:  Donald Trump is like pretty much every 80-ish year old white man who grew up in segregation (or quasi-segregation).  Pro tip:  there is another candidate who fits this description.  I grew up next to Scranton, 30 years after Biden did, and there weren't a lot of black people, and those that were, weren't mixing much with the white people.

The second part is laughable.  Barack Obama's legacy is using racism to sow division and discord in this country.  People like Al Sharpton make a living doing it.  The democratic party is neck deep in race baiters looking for racism in every corner, to sow division and discord in this country.  Just like the author of that pathetic op ed.

All right. So we fundamentally disagree on the second part. I agree with you about Biden, BTW. 

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

My position is that 99 percent of the time it is brought up, it is total BS.  The US is the most anti-racist society in history and yet the leftist authoritarians use it as a wedge to maintain division as they increase their power. 

And I fundamentally disagree with this take as well. 

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Here is the actual post that @supermike80 is referring to, I think it’s pretty obvious from the bolded that I NEVER wrote, nor implied that all or even most Trump supporters are racist. 

@supermike80 I recently apologized to you for something that I wrote about you which turned out to be very wrong. I invite you now to do the same. Also to actually enter into the discussion rather than simply to spread lies about me. 

Dude.  You're high.  "If you support Trump, then you MUST support racism.   But no, I will wordsmith and claim I am not actually calling Trump supporters racist.

Bunch of garbage.   No different that you pushing back on people who say if you support Biden, you must support Pedophiles and trannies.  Neither is true.   

Yeah you apologized, but now you're starting it all over again.   

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

All right. So we fundamentally disagree on the second part. I agree with you about Biden, BTW. 

OK we are getting somewhere.  I presume you disagree with the Saint Obama assertion.  How about Sharpton?  Race baiters in the democratic party?  Is the author of your op-ed using racism to sow division?

Just now, supermike80 said:

Dude.  You're high.  "If you support Trump, then you MUST support racism.   But no, I will wordsmith and claim I am not actually calling Trump supporters racist.

Bunch of garbage.   No different that you pushing back on people who say if you support Biden, you must support Pedophiles and trannies.  Neither is true.   

Yeah you apologized, but now you're starting it all over again.   

Again attempting to imply something I never wrote. Sigh. I was pissed off at first. Now I’m just sad and exhausted. If you’re not going to read what I write why should I even bother? 

Just now, jerryskids said:

OK we are getting somewhere.  I presume you disagree with the Saint Obama assertion.  How about Sharpton?  Race baiters in the democratic party?  Is the author of your op-ed using racism to sow division?

Sharpton is a race-baiter. Maxine Waters is a race-baiter. But the answer to your last question is no; IMO that author is raising legitimate points of concern. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again attempting to imply something I never wrote. Sigh. I was pissed off at first. Now I’m just sad and exhausted. If you’re not going to read what I write why should I even bother? 

Good you don't.  You are devolving into your old self...again....It's only a matter of time.  You are predictable.

Carry on.  Keep calling Trump voters racist.  I mean why not---we all know where you stand

@jerryskids let me offer up two examples to prove my point: 

1. If, after the George Floyd killing, Kamala Harris asserts that there is institutionalized racism by police against black people in this country she is stating what she (and I) believe to be a truth and a real problem. She is NOT attempting to sow division, not using racism to do so. You may disagree with her point but her motives are genuine. 

2. If at the height of Covid, Donald Trump refers to the virus as “Kung Flu” he is deliberately attempting to sow racism and division; He’s not attempting to make any kind of legitimate argument; the sole purpose is to spread ugliness. 

Do you see the difference? 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. If, after the George Floyd killing, Kamala Harris asserts that there is institutionalized racism by police against black people in this country she is stating what she (and I) believe to be a truth and a real problem. She is NOT attempting to sow division, not using racism to do so. You may disagree with her point but her motives are genuine. 

2. If at the height of Covid, Donald Trump refers to the virus as “Kung Flu” he is deliberately attempting to sow racism and division; He’s not attempting to make any kind of legitimate argument; the sole purpose is to spread ugliness. 

Sure.  I already said I think Trump is racist, and described how and why.  I think "Kung Flu" was some combination of him thinking it was funny, and being pissed that China unleashed it on us.  I would bet money that in private, old Joe Biden snickered a little and thought "good one." 

Anyway, one of the things I like least about Trump is his use of epithets, particularly negative ones to dehumanize people (DeSanctimonious, Crooked Joe, etc.).  While Kung Flu isn't a person obviously, I think it falls under a similar umbrella of Trump thinking he is being witty.

Harris is welcome to be wrong about police brutality, as are you (I've provided the data, please don't rehash it).  That doesn't make her sow division.  Openly supporting a bail fund to get violent rioters out of prison... that's a little more sow-y.

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump was taking a stab at the Chinese establishment....their government...not Asian's. That you can't see the difference says a lot about your preconceptions. 

29 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So if I understand you correctly you were for Birtherism whether or not it was true because it might remove Obama as President? 

Also just curious: which Obama policies threatened our country? In what way? 

You are not understanding me.  I hoped Obama would be disqualified because he was found to have been born outside the U.S.  I never said anything about whether or not it was true or not.

My biggest fear of Obama was him implementing another entitlement in fear it would skyrocket our national debt and put us in the problem we are in now.  My fears were warranted as we are now stuck with Obamacare.

59 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The idea that these bastards care about mental health is a joke.  The growth rate of these trans/non-binary freak is making the suicide rate explode (more than doubled!) amoung young teens.  

This is false.  Discussed in this prior thread, with an assist from @RaiderHaters Revenge for even providing a scientific study

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is false.  Discussed in this prior thread, with an assist from @RaiderHaters Revenge for even providing a scientific study

This is correct we don’t have many long term studies but we do know that it does not increase or decrease based on the surgery 

I will however agree with jonmx that the increase in trans does in turn increase the suicide rates of youths. Many kids who would grow out of being trans are being indoctrinated to thinking it’s normal and not getting the mental health care they actually need 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

You are not understanding me.  I hoped Obama would be disqualified because he was found to have been born outside the U.S.  I never said anything about whether or not it was true or not.

My biggest fear of Obama was him implementing another entitlement in fear it would skyrocket our national debt and put us in the problem we are in now.  My fears were warranted as we are now stuck with Obamacare.

1. How much has Obamacare increased the national debt? 

2. Which increased the national debt more: Obamacare or Trump’s tax cuts? 

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

This is correct we don’t have many long term studies but we do know that it does not increase or decrease based on the surgery 

I will however agree with jonmx that the increase in trans does in turn increase the suicide rates of youths. Many kids who would grow out of being trans are being indoctrinated to thinking it’s normal and not getting the mental health care they actually need 

Your last sentence assumes that a teenager can be indoctrinated into become trans, that it’s not normal, and that one cans be talked out of it later with proper mental health care. All three of these assumptions are refuted by the vast majority of medical experts. Yet you and so many others continue to believe this. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The OP of that thread proved @jonmx wrong, the rate had barely changed for 15-19 year olds.  Which is ironic because the title of that thread was “gender affirming care increases suicides?”… I guess @Cdub100 is correct, the right is stupid because they “don’t pay attention to what’s  going on around them”

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. How much has Obamacare increased the national debt? 

2. Which increased the national debt more: Obamacare or Trump’s tax cuts? 

Trump tax cuts are temporary, Obamacare is permanent.

4 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

Trump tax cuts are temporary, Obamacare is permanent.

That doesn’t answer my questions. What is the long term impact, in dollars, of Obamacare on the national debt? 

Mitch McConnell announcing that he is stepping down from leadership in November. 

Never a huge fan but there is no doubt that, historically, he will go down as one of the greatest senators in American history. 

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The OP of that thread proved @jonmx wrong, the rate had barely changed for 15-19 year olds.  Which is ironic because the title of that thread was “gender affirming care increases suicides?”… I guess @Cdub100 is correct, the right is stupid because they “don’t pay attention to what’s  going on around them”

Lol...right..you dumbfuks lie and can understand crap.  You see these radical gender-affirming zealots lie and you believe them.

Trump hates McConnell, and vice versa- and yet McConnell is responsible for Trump’s most important accomplishments, including the makeup of the Supreme Court. And he is responsible for not convicting Trump after the second impeachment- that would have happened if not for Mitch. 

POS McConnell gone soon. Lets get Rand Paul in as R Senate leader. He knows fauci is scum and may go after him.

43 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Your last sentence assumes that a teenager can be indoctrinated into become trans, that it’s not normal, and that one cans be talked out of it later with proper mental health care. All three of these assumptions are refuted by the vast majority of medical experts. Yet you and so many others continue to believe this. 

my last sentence is factual, upwards of 80% of young "trans" end up growing out of it.  They absolutely are indoctrinated into it and not just teens, wackos like you start them at 3 years old, and no its absolutely NOT normal

https://www.transgendertrend.com/children-change-minds/

but you keep doing you, making sure these children's lives never have a chance to be normal/gay even. Make sure they can never have an orgasm and sterilize them

39 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

all I am saying is that the suicide attempt rate in trans is around 40%, which means the more trans there are the higher the overall rate could get

43 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Complete BS.  The UK has kicked out the gender affirming radicals because they actually had real doctors look at the data and found it was lies and that too many kids were getting roped into it without any warnings of the long-term effects. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Again with your "vast majority of experts", meaning the APA.  For the 9017438920th time:  any such data would have been collected before the explosion of the social contagion. 

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

In addition to what @Fnord stated, this is 13 & 14 year olds only. I also can’t seem to find a link to the actual study.

Here is the data for the original tweet from that other thread.  Minimal increase for 15-19 year olds.  Or do you claim the growth of trans freaks is causing an increase in suicide among under 15 year olds but not 15-19 year olds?

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/suicide-rates-among-young-people?country=~USA

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

In addition to what @Fnord stated, this is 13 & 14 year olds only. I also can’t seem to find a link to the actual study.

Here is the data for the original tweet from that other thread.  Minimal increase for 15-19 year olds.  Or do you claim the growth of trans freaks is causing an increase in suicide among under 15 year olds but not 15-19 year olds?

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/suicide-rates-among-young-people?country=~USA

Widespread risk

Between 2000 and 2018, the suicide rate among youth ages 10 to 24 rose from 6.8 per 100,000 to 10.7 per 100,000, according to death certificate data (Curtin, S. C., National Vital Statistics Report, Vol. 69, No. 11, 2020 [PDF, 477KB]).

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

And I fundamentally disagree with this take as well. 

Of course you do, because you ignorantly trust whatever lies the authoritarian media spews.  They report 24/7 how evil those white racist  conservatives are while ignoring much bigger crimes by illegals and blacks.  You are the most easily manipulated person I have ever seen.