Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Kansas City mayor accuses governor of racial 'dog whistle' for calling Super Bowl parade shooters 'thugs'

๐Ÿ˜†

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kansas-city-mayor-accuses-governor-racial-dog-whistle-calling-super-bowl-parade-shooters-thugs

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas accused Missouri Gov. Mike Parson of using a racial "dog whistle" when referring to the suspected shooters at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade as "thugs."

Lucas made the comment during an appearance on local radio show "Up to Date" on Friday. He told KCUR host Steve Kraske that he has seen similar incidents of alleged racism "time and again."

Followingย the shooting,ย Parson had said, "We can't let some thugs just take over and ruin what happened."

"I have respect for the governor. We get along well," Lucas told Kraske. "I disagree strongly with how he would describe that situation. I certainly do think this was criminal activity. It was lawlessness, and I think that that's troubling. But โ€˜thugsโ€™ is a dog whistle in the most classic sense."

"I've seen this dog whistle time and again. There's this kind of giant conservative theory on social media now that the reason these mug shots haven't been shown is because the purported defendants are Black, and if it were a White defendant we would have just shown them. That is absolutely preposterous. There are protections to juveniles," he added.

27 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

ย 

Your latest video? You are so ghey.ย 

• Thanks 1

so how are we supposed describe them?ย  Up & coming talented scholars who got involved with a bad crowd?ย  the two thugs were black.ย  if they were white they would also be thugs.

so tired of this stuff & also tired of giving these kids some grace only because they are black.ย  it is what it is because it is.

Just now, shadrap said:

so how are we supposed describe them?ย  Up & coming talented scholars who got involved with a bad crowd?ย  the two thugs were black.ย  if they were white they would also be thugs.

so tired of this stuff & also tired of giving these kids some grace only because they are black.ย  it is what it is because it is.

The term "thugs" has been used as a pejorative against blacks in recent years. I really don't recall it being used in describing whites.ย 

1 minute ago, shadrap said:

Right. This guy is the focking mayor of Kansas City for God's sake. It's just so focked up.

Just now, squistion said:

The term "thugs" has been used as a pejorative against blacks in recent years. I really don't recall it being used in describing whites.ย 

You are really stupid.ย 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

ย 

They're free to stay in California or New York or wherever.

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

so how wouldย youย describe these hoodlums?ย  can hardly wait.

• Like 1

I didn't know the kids who shot up the parade were black until the mayor told me. I just knew they were thugs.

• Like 1

So the mayor is the one with the racist slur.

Dod you see that ghey OP? Bioitch.ย 

2 minutes ago, shadrap said:

The liberal argument is so focking old and it's still wring.Do white people call all black people thugs? No. Just the thugs. Why is it that liberals can not get past this?

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

So the mayor is the one with the racist slur.

Dod you see that ghey OP? Bioitch.ย 

what?

23 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You are really stupid.ย 

Thank you!ย :banana:

22 minutes ago, shadrap said:

I wouldn't use thugs as I might be labeled as a racist. Not sure term I would use, but not that.ย 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

I wouldn't use thugs as I might be labeled as a racist. Not sure term I would use, but not that.ย 

๐Ÿ˜†

Lol we knew right away what color they were before they got arrested. Give me a break.ย 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol we knew right away what color they were before they got arrested. Give me a break.ย 

Right?ย  And no way would their identities be hidden if they were white juveniles.ย  GTFO.ย  The KC Mayor can f@ck himself and his revisionist history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yep.ย 

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Right?ย  And no way would their identities be hidden if they were white juveniles.ย  GTFO.

OMG!! Don't you dare call a murderer a thug!!ย 

How focking stupid are these people?

The things that concern these people. How are the reading scores in KC? I know the killings are way up.ย 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The things that concern these people. How are the reading scores in KC? I know the killings are way up.ย 

You could say they're killin'ย it on that front.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You could say they're killin'ย it on that front.

These politiciansย force you to wish it was theirย family that got shot in place of the others.ย 

โ€œTโ€ is the new โ€œNโ€ word? Afroย next? NWA? Then gangsters. NWAGT? Thenโ€ฆ

47 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Right?ย  And no way would their identities be hidden if they were white juveniles.ย  GTFO. ย 

Actually theyย would, itโ€™s the law, until they are chargedย as adults. ย Weโ€™ll probably get the names once the charges are upgraded

https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=211.321
ย 

Go back to your RNC glory holeย 

• Like 1

I went to the lefts favorite resource site besides snopes, Wikipedia. I canโ€™t find the racial pejoratives section.

• Thug, a commonย criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire
  • Thug, a member of the former Indian cultย Thuggee
    • Thug Behramย (ca 1765โ€“1840), leader of the Thuggee cult
  • Bambie Thug, stage name of Bambie Ray Robinson, Irish singer songwriter and Eurovision contestant (born 1994)
  • ย 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thug

ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

I went to the lefts favorite resource site besides snopes, Wikipedia. I canโ€™t find the racial pejoratives section.

• Thug, a commonย criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, often for hire
  • Thug, a member of the former Indian cultย Thuggee
    • Thug Behramย (ca 1765โ€“1840), leader of the Thuggee cult
  • Bambie Thug, stage name of Bambie Ray Robinson, Irish singer songwriter and Eurovision contestant (born 1994)
  • ย 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thug

Fun Fact:

The meaning of words can change through common usage. At one time the #1 meaning of "gay" in the dictionary was "happy"

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Ohhhh Jesus, you're offended?ย 

You're WHITE, what would you know?ย 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

The POS retroactively redefines words so he can label normal people as racist. ย It's focking evil.

37 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I am not offended, but some other folks are.

8 minutes ago, squistion said:

Sure, and some people get offended when they have no reason to be offended.ย ย  They just look for reasons to get offended.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Right?ย  And no way would their identities be hidden if they were white juveniles.ย  GTFO.ย  The KC Mayor can f@ck himself and his revisionist history.

It's part of the victimhood game.ย  Somehow the deflection starts and somehow this becomes a narrative about racism from whites when it has nothing at all to do with this story.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

We got another person who doesn't know how to be not be racist.ย 

You don't have to agree with everything race-baiters say just because you want to look not racist.ย  It's okay to disagree with a black person.ย  That's not racist.

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

We got another person who doesn't know how to be not be racist.ย 

You don't have to agree with everything race-baiters say just because you want to look not racist.ย  It's okay to disagree with a black person.ย  That's not racist.

:nono:

This, is what liberals are doing these days. Making race an issue when it isn't.ย 

Vote michael obama everyone, and you will get tonsย  more of this.x1000.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

This, is what liberals are doing these days. Making race an issue when it isn't.ย 

They have no idea how much they are hated for it either.

7 hours ago, squistion said:

Stop being offended for others, you don't know anything and it's not your fight.ย 

The word "Thug" has nothing to do with race. It's a word use to describe criminals, exactly like these violent thugs.ย 

Are we banning words now?ย 

6 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

GC rightiesย that wonโ€™t admit they are racist: ย race isnโ€™t an issue

Also GC righties that wonโ€™t admit they are racist: let me guess what color this shooter is!!