Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cowboys releasing Gallup and Vander Esch. I remember when those two were supposed to be something.  

Vander esch was a mess 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Vander esch was a mess 

They say of the ball LBer is one of the harder positions to draft high.  Hard to get a good measure of what guys do in college.  Just what ive heard.  Not a fan of off the ball LB in the 1st round.  Wasn't thrilled with Quay Walker in the 1st.  

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They say of the ball LBer is one of the harder positions to draft high.  Hard to get a good measure of what guys do in college.  Just what ive heard.  Not a fan of off the ball LB in the 1st round.  Wasn't thrilled with Quay Walker in the 1st.  

I don’t disagree but I was talking specifically his health 

Pittsburgh flat out dumped Pickett. They just saw enough. They hated him so much they took a shot on a used up QB who all he does is piss people off on the team he's on.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He also wouldn’t dress as the emergency QB in week 17 when the Steelers were fighting for the playoffs.  Sounds like he’s a spoiled twat. 

If those rumors are true, then good riddance. I’m sad to see Rudolph go, though.

• Like 1

If the bears were smart they would trade their first for the vikes 11th and 23rd and a first next year to go with their already 9th spot. They could literally build a team this year with fields to win NOW. They just got keenen allen too? fooocckk

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

If the bears were smart they would trade their first

If Fields was their guy they would of announced it months ago. He's gone 

2 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

If Fields was their guy they would of announced it months ago. He's gone 

Unless it was a smokescreen to get someone to give them a haul.   

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Unless it was a smokescreen to get someone to give them a haul.   

How can they get a haul if they haven't announced if he's available or not available?

And how's that been working so far? 

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

How can they get a haul if they haven't announced if he's available or not available?

And how's that been working so far? 

A haul for the first pick not him.  If the bears were wanting everyone to believe they are taking williams and get a haul from a team that is buying into the williams hype

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

A haul for the first pick not him.  If the bears were wanting everyone to believe they are taking williams and get a haul from a team that is buying into the williams hype

Yes, but say "we are keeping Fields" that let's everyone know that the pic is available. Which is EXACTLY why it's a given that he's gone. 

32 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

If the bears were smart they would trade their first for the vikes 11th and 23rd and a first next year to go with their already 9th spot. They could literally build a team this year with fields to win NOW. They just got keenen allen too? fooocckk

That would be a hell yeah. 

My son is playing soccer in the Detroit area this weekend. Xavier McKinney was on our flight from GB to Detroit. My son got a selfie with him. He was pumped!

Bears told the Eagles to fock off. 😆

The Eagles have long been attached to Justin Fields as an ideal landing spot for the fourth-year quarterback.

That rang true, as the Eagles reportedly checked in with the Bears about Fields before acquiring Kenny Pickett from the Steelers on Friday, according to reports. Dan Graziano reported his findings on ESPN on Sportscenter.

"The Eagles, from what I understand talking to sources around the league, were one of the teams that had talked to the Bears about Justin Fields, but obviously could not get to the point where they agreed on a price, so they traded for Pickett," Graziano said.

12 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I furking lurve sucking cack. 🍆 💦

OK, we get it already. Live your best life.

2 hours ago, OldMaid said:

If those rumors are true, then good riddance. I’m sad to see Rudolph go, though.

I agree but always can get Rudolph back next year.

Pickett sucks. Probably not the worst backup but he just sucks 

On 2/28/2024 at 3:11 PM, edjr said:

Bears have had 38 starting QBs the past 30 years. the Packers have had 3 take 96% of the snaps :lol: 

And Rex Grossman won as many conference championships as Aaron Rodgers' 16 years of that time.  You fudge packer fans are really proud of that. 😆

8 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

No, stupid ass, the price was too high for a backup QB and the Eagles told the Bears to Fok off. 

Now the Bears are stuck with this trash bag of a QB 😂

32 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

No, stupid ass, the price was too high for a backup QB and the Eagles told the Bears to Fok off. 

Now the Bears are stuck with this trash bag of a QB 😂

Bears told the Eagles to fock off. 

And now they have who? 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

And now they have who? 

😆

Uhh Jalen Hurts 😭, Saquon Barkley, AJ Brown?

Good luck trading that trash bag Justin Fields 😂 

For your sake I hope they're dumb enough to keep him and pass on Williams. That would be glorious. 😂 A typical Bears move. 😂

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Uhh Jalen Hurts 😭, Saquon Barkley, AJ Brown?

Good luck trading that trash bag Justin Fields 😂 

For your sake I hope they're dumb enough to keep him and pass on Williams. That would be glorious. 😂 A typical Bears move. 😂

Oh boy. Another queen pretending he knows football chiming in. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Oh boy. Another queen pretending he knows football chiming in. 

No joking, let's talk football.

What would you like the Bears to do with Fields and the #1 pick. Be serious for a minute. 

18 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

No joking, let's talk football.

What would you like the Bears to do with Fields and the #1 pick. Be serious for a minute. 

Keep Fields unless they.get a second round offer. If Washington wants #1 trade and take Daniels. If not take Williams.

Start Fields in 2024. 

I've been serious the whole time. You get caught up in packer talk. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You get caught up in packer talk. 

??? 

There's no scenario where they can or will go into 2024 with Justin Fields as their starting QB. So let's rule that out now. 

Caleb Williams is about as good as it gets coming out of college. If I'm the Bears I'm staying put, taking Williams at 1 then getting the best o-line man at 9 to protect my asset. 

I'm not 100% against trading the #1 pick BUT THEY BETTER BE RIGHT and nail those other picks while still getting a franchise QB. Do you trust the Bears to make the right picks, history says no. 

My scenario makes the Bears better instantly and sets them up for a potential dynasty. Don't get enamored with the picks, take the best talent. 

14 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

The Eagles have long been attached to Justin Fields as an ideal landing spot for the fourth-year quarterback.

That rang true, as the Eagles reportedly checked in with the Bears about Fields before acquiring Kenny Pickett from the Steelers on Friday, according to reports. Dan Graziano reported his findings on ESPN on Sportscenter.

"The Eagles, from what I understand talking to sources around the league, were one of the teams that had talked to the Bears about Justin Fields, but obviously could not get to the point where they agreed on a price, so they traded for Pickett," Graziano said.

It was the Eagles that told the Bears to FO. The Bears were selling, and the Eagles were buying but the Bears overvalued their  commodity.

Why do you think Fields is so valuable?

30 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why do you think Fields is so valuable?

WTF do people see in Fields? The league has spoken, he blows! 

I think people confuse fantasy football with real life football. 

• Like 1

Justin Fields last two years

236 total yards per game

1.6 touchdowns per game

0.7 interceptions per game

Justin Fields stats applied for a full season of 17 games (based on last two years actual stats)

4,012 total yards

27 touchdowns

12 interceptions

He's a legit starting QB in the NFL with the talent and determination to become thought of as one of the better QBs in the league.

Everyone wanted to bench and give up on Jalen Hurts and Jordan Love before they proved themselves too. They still knock Brock Purdy and he has the #1 overall statistics in at least four QB stat categories, along with winning a lot of games.

Caleb could be the next closes thing to Mahomes but last year he looked down to earth and average, that scares me that college defenses already figured him out to a point. It doesn't get any better for him playing with pros. Then you have his ego to put up with.

17 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Caleb could be the next closes thing to Mahomes but last year he looked down to earth and average, that scares me that college defenses already figured him out to a point. It doesn't get any better for him playing with pros. Then you have his ego to put up with.

If the Bears draft him, I'll be a fan. But I am hoping Washington wants him bad and trades up to #1 and the Bears take Daniels and sits him for a year or two. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

If the Bears draft him, I'll be a fan. But I am hoping Washington wants him bad and trades up to #1 and the Bears take Daniels and sits him for a year or two. 

First Nix, then Flacco, now Daniels. 😂 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

First Nix, then Flacco, now Daniels. 😂 

Yeah, only focking idiots like you think only one player in the league can be good at their job. 

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Yeah, only focking idiots like you can think only one player in the league can be good at their job. 

It’s just funny that your plan keeps changing. It’s almost like you don’t know WTF you’re talking about. 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

It’s just funny that your plan keeps changing. It’s almost like you don’t know WTF you’re talking about. 

My plans? Only idiots like you think the fans of a team plan the offseason for that team. 

Man, you are obsessed. 

And yeah, I like Daniels a bit over Williams, and I like Bo Nix later in the first, and I would love to have Flacco as a backup to the rookies. .

MDCack thinks you should only like 1 rookie per year to want on your team. And that offseason moves don't impact your draft.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Everyone wanted to bench and give up on Jalen Hurts and Jordan Love before they proved themselves too.

Hurts was kinda a disappointment this last season compared to the year before. Better run game might help him with Barkley.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Justin Fields last two years

236 total yards per game

1.6 touchdowns per game

0.7 interceptions per game

Justin Fields stats applied for a full season of 17 games (based on last two years actual stats)

4,012 total yards

27 touchdowns

12 interceptions

He's a legit starting QB in the NFL with the talent and determination to become thought of as one of the better QBs in the league.

Everyone wanted to bench and give up on Jalen Hurts and Jordan Love before they proved themselves too. They still knock Brock Purdy and he has the #1 overall statistics in at least four QB stat categories, along with winning a lot of games.

No one wanted to give up on Jordan Love.  He sat there waiting for Rodgers to leave.  What Packer fans were yelling for thrm to draft a different QB the offseason they shipped Rodgers?

Does anyonr actually watch Fields play football?

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

So you're happy no matter what they do? How's that worked out for Bears fans? 

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

No one wanted to give up on Jordan Love.  He sat there waiting for Rodgers to leave.  What Packer fans were yelling for thrm to draft a different QB the offseason they shipped Rodgers?

Does anyonr actually watch Fields play football?

During his starting season this past year he had a rough stretch of about 4 games early to mid season and people on message boards were talking about him like the Packers better start thinking about a plan for a new starter for 2024.

6 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So you're happy no matter what they do? How's that worked out for Bears fans? 

That's what you took from that specific post?

Go back to first grade and learn a little logic.