Pimpadeaux

Why are MAGAturds so whiny about wind energy?

There are pros and cons to all energy resources. I'm perfectly fine with drill, baby, drill. I'd be fine with the government opening up Peefoamosexual's mom's wetlands for public drilling, if that resource hasn't be exhausted already.

Democraps need to slow their roll in backing off fossil fuels, and I don't want a focking electric vehicle at this time. I love my Ford Lariat pickup truck. Too many jobs are tied to fossil fuels, and too many economies depend on it.

But fossil fuels WILL run out at some point, so we need a slow rollout of wind, wave, nuclear, solar and thermal energy and maybe start thinking about mining the moon for Helium 3. 

Yeah, in pandering to voters, Clownzo has been harsh on wind energy and calls them windmills, but perhaps MAGAturds should take a deeper look into the future and long-term energy needs.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/advantages-and-challenges-wind-energy

I'm all for alternative energy, lithium is not one of them. We jumped in way too fast. It's also extremely harmful to the environment. 

I'd be interested in Turbine Energy, but how many acres of windmills would it take to power a city? And where would you put them? It seems inefficient. 

22 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I'm all for alternative energy, lithium is not one of them. We jumped in way too fast. It's also extremely harmful to the environment. 

I'd be interested in Turbine Energy, but how many acres of windmills would it take to power a city? And where would you put them? It seems inefficient. 

Good post and I agree. We have a ton of those turbines here in Iowa isn’t our bill supposed to go down because of it? Of course not. 

In two papers — published today in the journals Environmental Research Letters and Joule — Harvard University researchers find that the transition to wind or solar power in the U.S. would require five to 20 times more land than previously thought, and, if such large-scale wind farms were built, would warm average surface temperatures over the continental U.S. by 0.24 degrees Celsius.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2018/10/large-scale-wind-power-has-its-down-side/

While about 90% of turbines are easily recyclable, their blades are not. They are made from fiberglass bound together with epoxy resin, a material so strong it is incredibly difficult and expensive to break down. Most blades end their lives in landfill or are incinerated. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/28/world/wind-turbine-recycling-climate-intl/index.html

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Good post and I agree. We have a ton of those turbines here in Iowa isn’t our bill supposed to go down because of it? Of course not. 

In 2022, wind turbines generated62% of Iowa's electricity, the highest wind power share for any state

https://www.eia.gov/state/print.php?sid=IA

26 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You should see West Texas and the Texas Panhandle. It's a huge chunk of useless, ugly land with wind turbines in some places as far as the eye can see. The turbines actually add to the otherwise butt-ugly scenery. It's kind of sci-fi. The wind almost never stops blowing out there. 

Wind turbines generate almost a third of the the energy for the Texor power grid.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-the-generation-capacity-of-the-Texas-grid-for-the-winter-storm-will-come-from-wind-or-solar-sources#:~:text=While 25% of all electricity,from solar panels this winter.

I haven't been to South Texor in decades, but I'd be willing to bet it's the same thing down there. Plus putting the turbines offshore.

I lived in Corpus Christi for a few years, and the wind almost never stopped blowing. It was almost focking tropical-depression strength every day. Every day was a bad hair day. It was soooo annoying, but the wind surfers love it. That's that wind-surfing capital of the world.

That's just a tiny corner of our nation. I'm sure there are other ugly-ass places that the wind almost never stops blowing. I've camped a few times in the Oklahoma panhandle, and it was so annoying because of how windy it was.

So what if a turbine breaks apart or smacks down a bird every now and then?

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

In 2022, wind turbines generated62% of Iowa's electricity, the highest wind power share for any state

Holy hell, I had no idea.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Holy hell, I had no idea.

Shocking. :lol:

• Like 2

'Put up wind farms, get rid of fossil fuels!"

Turns into...

"Take down the wind farms they're killing the birds!"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Don't forget about the Bats, asshat :mad:

Just now, SUXBNME said:

Don't forget about the Bats, asshat :mad:

FOCK BATS!

:mad:

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

FOCK BATS!

Bats are cute :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

FOCK BATS!

Well you DO fock cats, so...:dunno:

14 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Turns into...

And whales 

25 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Turns into...

Yeah, exactly. Slowly develop alternative-energy sources while slowly weening off fossils fuels that most definitely will run out at some point. 

I initially majored in petroleum engineering, and the thought at the time was that fossil fuels would run out in 30 years. 

Decades and lots of innovations later, fossil fuels are still growing strong, but they will run out. 

A sensible approach to energy. What a crazy idea!

Renewables like wind and solar are nice auxiliary sources, but I doubt they'll ever drive grids as a primary source on any consistent scale.  

Anyone who knows anything about energy knows this topic is stupid. It's for peon liberals.

You know where they need more wind energy? 

Colorado. Gets so freaking windy at night. Hated those chinook winds. 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

In two papers — published today in the journals Environmental Research Letters and Joule — Harvard University researchers find that the transition to wind or solar power in the U.S. would require five to 20 times more land than previously thought, and, if such large-scale wind farms were built, would warm average surface temperatures over the continental U.S. by 0.24 degrees Celsius.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2018/10/large-scale-wind-power-has-its-down-side/

While about 90% of turbines are easily recyclable, their blades are not. They are made from fiberglass bound together with epoxy resin, a material so strong it is incredibly difficult and expensive to break down. Most blades end their lives in landfill or are incinerated. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/28/world/wind-turbine-recycling-climate-intl/index.html

golf courses

Hailstorm ruined a solar farm in Texas. No one could see that coming.  

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hailstorm ruined a solar farm in Texas. No one could see that coming.  

So? Weather and other catastrophes mess up fossil-fuel production as well.

ERR MUH GERD, LERTS NERT DER SOLER CURZE THAT ONE THING.

Oh brother.

wind power requires electrical power and fossil fuels, and is a net negative.  So much so that Palm Springs doesn't even use the electricity it produces

biggest scam of power

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, exactly. Slowly develop alternative-energy sources while slowly weening off fossils fuels that most definitely will run out at some point. 

I initially majored in petroleum engineering, and the thought at the time was that fossil fuels would run out in 30 years. 

Decades and lots of innovations later, fossil fuels are still growing strong, but they will run out. 

A sensible approach to energy. What a crazy idea!

weve been in "peak oil" our entire lives

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wind power requires electrical power and fossil fuels, and is a net negative.  So much so that Palm Springs doesn't even use the electricity it produces

biggest scam of power

So you're of the opinion that fossel-fuel electrical power is used to power wind turbines to create electrical power.

Never mind it's actually wind that makes the wind turbines twirl around and generate electricity.

You're a very special kind of stupid.

🤣

• Like 1

Same reason they’re so whiny about everything else.

Low T.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So you're of the opinion that fossel-fuel electrical power is used to power wind turbines to create electrical power.

Never mind it's actually wind that makes the wind turbines twirl around and generate electricity.

🤣

yes every single windmill in palm springs uses power to run, the wind then produces more energy than is used and is captured

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

Same reason they’re so whiny about everything else.

Low T.

Yeah, you liberals are basically women at this point. 

24 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

You know less than nothing. :doh:

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yes every single windmill in palm springs uses power to run, the wind then produces more energy than is used and is captured

OK, so what are you whining about if this is true?

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

because they sell the story that its "clean energy" it absolutely is not

9 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You should see West Texas and the Texas Panhandle. It's a huge chunk of useless, ugly land with wind turbines in some places as far as the eye can see. The turbines actually add to the otherwise butt-ugly scenery. It's kind of sci-fi. The wind almost never stops blowing out there. 

Wind turbines generate almost a third of the the energy for the Texor power grid.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-of-the-generation-capacity-of-the-Texas-grid-for-the-winter-storm-will-come-from-wind-or-solar-sources#:~:text=While 25% of all electricity,from solar panels this winter.

I haven't been to South Texor in decades, but I'd be willing to bet it's the same thing down there. Plus putting the turbines offshore.

I lived in Corpus Christi for a few years, and the wind almost never stopped blowing. It was almost focking tropical-depression strength every day. Every day was a bad hair day. It was soooo annoying, but the wind surfers love it. That's that wind-surfing capital of the world.

That's just a tiny corner of our nation. I'm sure there are other ugly-ass places that the wind almost never stops blowing. I've camped a few times in the Oklahoma panhandle, and it was so annoying because of how windy it was.

You're right 100%. I think the big question would be where to put all these. Environmentalists are against putting them in the ocean, and that's probably the only place to put them on the East Coast. There's just not enough acreage. West Texas in all is very rural, I can't imagine them using anywhere near the power required for the coasts. 

So it's either the ocean or less farmland for more turbines? Pick your poison I suppose. 

We need a safe nuclear option but that probably not happening. 

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

There are pros and cons to all energy resources. I'm perfectly fine with drill, baby, drill. I'd be fine with the government opening up Peefoamosexual's mom's wetlands for public drilling, if that resource hasn't be exhausted already.

Democraps need to slow their roll in backing off fossil fuels, and I don't want a focking electric vehicle at this time. I love my Ford Lariat pickup truck. Too many jobs are tied to fossil fuels, and too many economies depend on it.

But fossil fuels WILL run out at some point, so we need a slow rollout of wind, wave, nuclear, solar and thermal energy and maybe start thinking about mining the moon for Helium 3. 

Yeah, in pandering to voters, Clownzo has been harsh on wind energy and calls them windmills, but perhaps MAGAturds should take a deeper look into the future and long-term energy needs.

That's not a very good comprehensive pros and cons list to be honest.  Any prospering society needs energy to flourish.  It needs to be abundant, inexpensive, and efficient.  For EVERYONE.  Not just the first world folks.   Those in lesser developed countries cannot afford this, and may not for a very very long time.  Are fossil fuels the absolute answer?  Probably not.  But nuclear is.  Fission today, maybe fusion one day.   Wind, solar, electric just cannot provide the efficient energy that is needed.  

A stupid comment about how it's creating so many jobs, is just....stupid.  If the world embraced nuclear energy, guess what would be the area with the most jobs?  Nuclear.  So that's just a silly stat.

We are paying for the poor countries to convert to green energy. - Green Climate Fund (GCF)

14 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Windmills in the ocean. :thumbsup:

I'm not a MAGAtard but there are serious issues with wind production.  The company I work for has had wind farms in the US and Canada since 2006.  We have 16 wind farms in North America and 7 wind farms in Europe.

Profitability(costs) and reliability are the biggest problems.  The noise and unsightly appearance are also a problem.