Pimpadeaux

Why are MAGAturds so whiny about wind energy?

32 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Windmills in the ocean. :thumbsup:

That does fix reliability.  German's energy crisis started before the Ukraine War when significantly low wind production caused power shortages and huge spikes in natural gas prices.  

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

That does fix reliability.  German's energy crisis started before the Ukraine War when significantly low wind production caused power shortages and huge spikes in natural gas prices.  

A few years ago, I'd neglected to lock in my power agreement and didn't know I could be subjecting to wildly fluctuating bills.

I got this insane bill and called about it. Apparently, the wind stopped blowing in West Texas, either for 90 seconds or 90 minutes. I don't recall how long, but that focked up the power supply, resulting in higher bills for those not locked into a plan.

14 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, exactly. Slowly develop alternative-energy sources while slowly weening off fossils fuels that most definitely will run out at some point. 

I initially majored in petroleum engineering, and the thought at the time was that fossil fuels would run out in 30 years. 

Decades and lots of innovations later, fossil fuels are still growing strong, but they will run out. 

A sensible approach to energy. What a crazy idea!

Wyoming alone has enough coal to power the us for 500 years or something ridiculous like that.

I am for reliables still though.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Windmills in the ocean. :thumbsup:

Hopefully.

They removed all our oil rigs off the Texas coast and we need some more structure.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Hopefully.

They removed all our oil rigs off the Texas coast and we need some more structure.

Ha

Those windmills in Palm Springs look like a War of the Worlds alien invasion.

Also they never seem to be spinning much when I've driven past them.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

A few years ago, I'd neglected to lock in my power agreement and didn't know I could be subjecting to wildly fluctuating bills.

I got this insane bill and called about it. Apparently, the wind stopped blowing in West Texas, either for 90 seconds or 90 minutes. I don't recall how long, but that focked up the power supply, resulting in higher bills for those not locked into a plan.

The cat lady who can't afford food and is suffering financially because of energy costs doesn't care about birds but has 40 cats. 

Liberals are so focking stupid...

Maybe they can use the parts from the Balt bridge to erect more turbines

On 3/26/2024 at 11:08 AM, Pimpadeaux said:

And not to mention most of the power they generate is during non-peak times of the day.  

If scientist and visionaries were all cultist we'd still be driving horse and buggies and communicating via telegraph.

Luckily the brightest of us are liberals and progressives who are constantly looking for ways to move the world forward, not hold it back to "that's how we've always done it."

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

If scientist and visionaries were all cultist we'd still be driving horse and buggies and communicating via telegraph.

Luckily the brightest of us are liberals and progressives who are constantly looking for ways to move the world forward, not hold it back to "that's how we've always done it."

John D. Rockefeller, the father of modern America, was not a liberal.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bert said:

John D. Rockefeller, the father of modern America, was not a liberal.  

Did he invent the car, color tv, the internet, medicine advance?

NOPE

52 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

so liberals are the ones that created high pressure gas transport?  Fracking, are pro nuclear?

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

so liberals are the ones that created high pressure gas transport?  Fracking, are pro nuclear?

LMFAO

Scientist and engineers and academics created all of that boyo.

Cultist are good for turning wrenches.  Liberals create the plans the cultist follow. 

46 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Did he invent the car, color tv, the internet, medicine advance?

NOPE

He made all those things possible and affordable. 

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

He made all those things possible and affordable. 

Silly.

Facts are conservatives are called conservative because they want to maintain the status quo.  Change frightens conservatives.

Liberals push the country and world ahead in terms of technology and medical advancement.

If conservatives ran everything Leukemia would still be a death sentence to children.  Luckily we've confined conservatives to fields where they can't prevent progress.  They can actually help build it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Silly.

Facts are conservatives are called conservative because they want to maintain the status quo.  Change frightens conservatives.

Liberals push the country and world ahead in terms of technology and medical advancement.

If conservatives ran everything Leukemia would still be a death sentence to children.  Luckily we've confined conservatives to fields where they can't prevent progress.  They can actually help build it. 

LoL. What a focking idiot.

24 minutes ago, Reality said:

LoL. What a focking idiot.

I don’t bother much anymore.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t bother much anymore.  

Facts are anathema to you cultist.

The vast vast majority of scientist and researchers who create the breakthroughs we all enjoy are liberal.

The vast majority of people who use their bodies to make a living by doing things like digging holes and turning wrenches are conservatives.

Facts.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Facts are anathema to you cultist.

The vast vast majority of scientist and researchers who create the breakthroughs we all enjoy are liberal.

The vast majority of people who use their bodies to make a living by doing things like digging holes and turning wrenches are conservatives.

Facts.

Link! Let’s include the last 100 years.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Link! Let’s include the last 100 years.

What relevance do the last 100 years have to do with now boyo?

EVERY major advance of the last 40 years has been conceived and created by liberal scientist and researchers.  This fact is undeniable.  

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Silly.

The only thing conservatives want not to change is men becoming women. You know something science proves is impossible yet you idiots think is a reality 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The only thing conservatives want not to change is men becoming women. You know something science proves is impossible yet you idiots think is a reality 

You alt right news only consuming goons are hysterical.  You are so caught up in this fake, cultural outrage nonsense that you actually believe the BS you spew.

I am friends with almost only liberals.  Not a single one thinks men can become women.

Moron. 

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You alt right news only consuming goons are hysterical.  You are so caught up in this fake, cultural outrage nonsense that you actually believe the BS you spew.

I am friends with almost only liberals.  Not a single one thinks men can become women.

Moron. 

Your party does. I’m friends with plenty of liberals. And I get nothing from alt right news.  My friends are actually liberals not progressive like you spout. And still one of them believes that gender is a social construct. 

Your party does. I’m friends with plenty of liberals. And I get nothing from alt right news.  My friends are actually liberals not progressive like you spout. And still one of them believes that gender is a social construct. 

So one believes gender is a social construct.  That leads you to make the leap that all liberals think men can become women?

And boyo, a social construct is far far far different than you suggesting that liberals believe that men can literally become women.

Get a grip boyo. 

I don’t think men can be women, I just vote for it. Lol. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think men can be women, I just vote for it. Lol. 

:dunno: :wall:

31 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

So one believes gender is a social construct.  That leads you to make the leap that all liberals think men can become women?

And boyo, a social construct is far far far different than you suggesting that liberals believe that men can literally become women.

Get a grip boyo. 

Right. You vote for child mutilation and sterilization but I need to get a grip

Right. You vote for child mutilation and sterilization but I need to get a grip

You vote for taking away benefits from the poor and infirmed.  You vote to help the rich game the system and get richer.

But sure, worry about something that almost never happens, child mutilation and sterilization, and ignore the real problems in this country. 

2 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You vote for taking away benefits from the poor and infirmed.  You vote to help the rich game the system and get richer.

But sure, worry about something that almost never happens, child mutilation and sterilization, and ignore the real problems in this country. 

Which benefits do I vote to be taken away?  I vote for reform 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Which benefits do I vote to be taken away?  I vote for reform 

The same way I vote for child mutilation boyo.

The republican platform is less of a social safety net and more benefits for the rich. 

See how easy that was to generalize you despite having zero clue if you support these things?

The difference between you and me is that I realize it and only did it to prove a point.  You aren't that advanced in your thinking. 

8 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I vote for child mutilation boyo.

No one doubted this. :dunno:

Joe Biden has been making the rich richer for fifty years. Voted to tax social security and against bankruptcy discharge for student loans and medical expenses. Banks love him. 

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

The same way I vote for child mutilation boyo.

The republican platform is less of a social safety net and more benefits for the rich. 

See how easy that was to generalize you despite having zero clue if you support these things?

The difference between you and me is that I realize it and only did it to prove a point.  You aren't that advanced in your thinking. 

How dare I believe in personal responsibility and not giving away what I work for or my services for free. They already don’t pay taxes

no side doesn’t benefit the rich. The fact you’re rich is irrelevant. Which is why rich liberal douchebags vote for your team

8 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

What relevance do the last 100 years have to do with now boyo?

EVERY major advance of the last 40 years has been conceived and created by liberal scientist and researchers.  This fact is undeniable.  

OK let’s do 40 years. Link, you said it was a fact.

10 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

OK let’s do 40 years. Link, you said it was a fact.

Bump

since I'm usually lumped in with MAGA people here, I've never whined about wind energy. In fact, when we drive through the wind "farms" around here I often wonder why we don't use it more. 

On 3/25/2024 at 8:27 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

There are pros and cons to all energy resources. I'm perfectly fine with drill, baby, drill. I'd be fine with the government opening up Peefoamosexual's mom's wetlands for public drilling, if that resource hasn't be exhausted already.

Democraps need to slow their roll in backing off fossil fuels, and I don't want a focking electric vehicle at this time. I love my Ford Lariat pickup truck. Too many jobs are tied to fossil fuels, and too many economies depend on it.

But fossil fuels WILL run out at some point, so we need a slow rollout of wind, wave, nuclear, solar and thermal energy and maybe start thinking about mining the moon for Helium 3. 

Yeah, in pandering to voters, Clownzo has been harsh on wind energy and calls them windmills, but perhaps MAGAturds should take a deeper look into the future and long-term energy needs.

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/advantages-and-challenges-wind-energy

Hate to inform you that when the population of the planet causes the abiotic oil to be used up, the people will die off. There is no substitute. The herd will be thinned on this rock, one way or another.wind, solar, etc won't save people.

What about the generators that use waves or the wind structures that don't have the huge blades?  There are a lot of ways to generate electricity.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What about the generators that use waves or the wind structures that don't have the huge blades?  There are a lot of ways to generate electricity.

I love the wave technology.  The problem is the cost of bringing the electricity on shore.  There is also the problem that all the rich people that own beach front property don't want power line obstructing their view.