Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

George Floyd scholarship is discriminating.

Minnesota's North Central University's George Floyd Memorial Scholarship for young Black students is being sued and accused of violating an anti-discrimination law.

A legal complaint filed with the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights on Monday says that the scholarship violates Title VI of the Civil Rights Act by exclusively qualifying for Black students. The law prohibits intentional discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin in any federally funded scholarships 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/03/28/george-floyd-university-scholarship-sued-discrimination/73138297007/?tbref=hp

As a country, we’ve gotten too comfortable discriminating against the majority, instead of eliminating the discrimination against the minority. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The coloreds are the ones that should be offended. Of all the people to name a scholarship for you pick a drug addicted felon that made the world better when he died? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The coloreds are the ones that should be offended. Of all the people to name a scholarship for you pick a drug addicted felon that made the world better when he died? 

Why do you care?  It's not like  you or anyone you know will ever go to college.

LMFAO

22 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

His death was glorious. 

12 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Why do you care?  It's not like  you or anyone you know will ever go to college.

LMFAO

Name one white only scholarship. 

Students of all races who aspire to be like George Floyd should have access to this scholarship and enough fentanyl to kill a dozen blue whales.

• Like 1

I’d love to see the essays written.

Please also upload your scholarship essay to the form below. Your essay must be 500 words or more but no more than 2000 words.

Please answer the following questions in your scholarship essay:

1. What motivated you to apply for the George Floyd Memorial Scholarship? 

2. What are your dreams and goals for the future after you complete your degree? 

3. Please describe any current or previous involvement in leadership programming, either at school (high school or college) or through service-based activities within your community?

4. How would this scholarship enable you to impact your local community, the NCU community, and society as a whole, both during your course of study and beyond? 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

As a country, we’ve gotten too comfortable discriminating against the majority, instead of eliminating the discrimination against the minority. 

Yeah, the race-baiters and race-grifters (MOST of the Democrat Party) thinks the way to combat racism is with even MORE racism.  :doh:

48 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Name one white only scholarship. 

Basically every scholarship pre-2000.

Poor poor put upon white man...how ever will you make it having to share success in the world with women and non-whites.

It's going to be quite the struggle for you boyo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

What you highlight is Critical Race Theory.....the one they pretend is not being used for indoctrination.....because they know very well how evil it is....

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

:mellow:

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Minnesota's North Central University's George Floyd Memorial Scholarship for young Black students is being sued and accused of violating an anti-discrimination law.

A legal complaint filed with the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights on Monday says that the scholarship violates Title VI of the Civil Rights Act by exclusively qualifying for Black students. The law prohibits intentional discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin in any federally funded scholarships 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/03/28/george-floyd-university-scholarship-sued-discrimination/73138297007/?tbref=hp

This suit does have merit. It is discriminatory based on race and North Central University should have known better.

That said, a privately funded "George Floyd Memorial Scholarship" not connected with the University could be set up for black students only and that would not be a violation of the Civil Rights Act. 

2 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

LMFAO

Thanks for confirming that you are pro racism 👍

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Hiockey scholarships come close.

Lacrosse runs a close second.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

And all the ones based on academics 

Don’t forget the “National Two Parent Household Fund”

I thought they had their own colleges? Trump gave them a bunch of money. 

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

What's super frustrating to me is. When it comes to white people we are the world minority by far. Every year we lose more and more ground.

In the US we will soon be the minority. If we get treated like we are treated right now. How's it going to be when we become the minority in our own land? 

Not well, if history and everywhere else in the world shows us.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Hockey scholarships come close.

I don’t believe you.  Nor does PK Suban

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I don’t believe you.  Nor does PK Suban

That is why I said close rather than saying they are white scholarships.  There are a few exceptions so notable that they support the general rule.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

That is why I said close rather than saying they are white scholarships.  There are a few exceptions so notable that they support the general rule.

Ok plastic man.  Such a stretch for you to get there.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

And what keeps blacks from hockey?

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Safety. If the ice were to ever melt, what are they going to do?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What's super frustrating to me is. When it comes to white people we are the world minority by far. Every year we lose more and more ground.

In the US we will soon be the minority. If we get treated like we are treated right now. How's it going to be when we become the minority in our own land? 

Ask some Native Americans/Indigenous People, they can probably tell you how it feels.

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Ok plastic man.  Such a stretch for you to get there.

You seem like you are spoiling for conflict.  Have it with someone else.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Nothing, I suggest that if they decided it was an avenue of interest they would do rather well.  Its a cultural thing, as most things are.....though we reframe it as "racism" because when culture produces a negative, we have to pretend its something else

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Ask some Native Americans/Indigenous People, they can probably tell you how it feels.

Yeah, they got conquered and land taken from them. It's a story as old as time and has happened to all races and cultures. Including Indians doing it to other Indians.

This is why it's surprising to me white people especially liberal white people push for it so hard.

ETA - Thank you for proving my point on how bad this is going to get.

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah, they got conquered and land taken from them. It's a story as old as time and has happened to all races and cultures. Including Indians doing it to other Indians.

This is why it's surprising to me white people especially liberal white people push for it so hard.

ETA - Thank you for proving my point on how bad this is going to get.

Horrors! You may find yourself in the minority. 😨

16 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

You seem like you are spoiling for conflict.  Have it with someone else.

Just don’t talk at your ass.  It’s easy.  Say stupid stuff and you get bent when called out.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Just don’t talk at your ass.  It’s easy.  Say stupid stuff and you get bent when called out.

You are a dolt.  Go on and have your conflict then, I am done with you.

41 minutes ago, squistion said:

Nah, we have social justice warrior white liberal women. They always make sure the right things are talked about on the news and shiiite. The voice for the ytpoe and all the other colors too. 

59 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the US will end up like South Africa.  Right now the claim is for "equality", but once they get the majority that's going to quickly switch to "revenge" like it has in S. Africa and they will become the same people they accuse whites of being.

It's all about money and power.  It's never about "equality".

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the US will end up like South Africa.  Right now the claim is for "equality", but once they get the majority that's going to quickly switch to "revenge" like it has in S. Africa and they will become the same people they accuse whites of being.

Agreed, I've been saying SA is 10-20 years ahead of us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Not only that, but what have they done here to even deserve consideration for equality?

Raise your hand if you're glad that thug piece of sh!t is six feet under 

👌🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Raise your hand if you're glad that thug piece of sh!t is six feet under 

👌🏻

:wave::overhead::clap:

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Nothing, I suggest that if they decided it was an avenue of interest they would do rather well.  Its a cultural thing, as most things are.....though we reframe it as "racism" because when culture produces a negative, we have to pretend its something else