Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Any recourse with a car dealership on a vehicle?

I bought a new truck from a dealer in 2019. And I’ve literally had nothing but problems with it. Tire sensors out, had to re-order rails because it’s a lifted truck, transmission had to be replaced, and now after it’s replaced, It’s leaking fluid all over the place. Had to have them fix certain wiring because it was going into this weird hill assist where I couldn’t turn the wheel. 

This thing is even to 60,000 miles yet. I mean if it was any other product they would replace it which I’m not expecting but does anybody know if you could do anything at all with the dealership? Seems comically excessive. Probably the eighth time I’ve had it taken in, if not more.

Some states have lemon laws.   You might see if they apply.  Typically IIRC it applies when you've had to take it in multiple times for the same issue so those laws may not apply to you but worth at least googling for your state.

I have no clue, but just want to say I sympathize, was there once with a car I had in 2004. 

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/2QCTiGqathAA1XbR6

this is my exact truck. Sucks. It was kind of a dream truck to have and it’s just been a complete crap show. 

You know what they say about guys with large trucks.  :)

Just bustin' yur balls - I hope you're able to get this resolved.  You got my sympathy.

All you can do is talk with the dealership, and what they might be willing to work out with you.  I think the lemon law in your state , county might be some help, but I think since you’ve own it for 5 years that might not apply.  Good luck. 

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

this is my exact truck. Sucks. It was kind of a dream truck to have and it’s just been a complete crap show. 

That's what ya get for buying a Chevy I guess...

Just kidding. That's a badass rig, I'd be up in the dealers face about the issues. Did the dealership do the aftermarket work for you?

Five years old? Good luck.

Even if brand new you would probably be screwed other than the warranty.

Sorry but that’s just how it goes.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Bwahhahaahahahah

This is super ghey btw

Never bought a GM product.  Never will, at least new.  I’ll let someone else get the lemon off the line. 

1.) Is it still under a warranty?

2.) Did you try to go somewhere other than the dealership and see if they can give you any insight? Sometimes it's good to have someone you trust that is more local than a dealer

I drive a Silverado.  A regular Silverado.  But I actually use my truck like a truck.  

Thing has ran great since I got it.  

5 years?  What exactly do you want them to do?  

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

1.) Is it still under a warranty?

2.) Did you try to go somewhere other than the dealership and see if they can give you any insight? Sometimes it's good to have someone you trust that is more local than a dealer

Yeah other than free oil changes or something I am not going to a dealership.  Or any big outfit at all.  No shot.  

🍋 

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Five years old? Good luck.

Even if brand new you would probably be screwed other than the warranty.

Sorry but that’s just how it goes.

Really?  Buddy of mine got a brand new car a year after he bought one because of the lemon law in CA.  Of course, he was a lawyer and knew how to properly, legally threaten the fock out of them.  If you ever find yourself in such a situation ask a lawyer to help you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Really?  Buddy of mine got a brand new car a year after he bought one because of the lemon law in CA.  Of course, he was a lawyer and knew how to properly, legally threaten the fock out of them.  If you ever find yourself in such a situation ask a lawyer to help you.

A normal decent lawyer. Not the worms kind. 

Focking local negative advertising alone would make a dealership want to make things right.

38 minutes ago, Strike said:

One year is a lot different than a five year old vehicle. 

Each state is different and most are in the first year or two. One site I go to has tons of Floridians and there it is 3 trips to the dealership for a similar issue in whatever set amount of time it is in Florida, either one or two years.

I would go back to the dealer who I bought the car from and say I was looking for a new car and see what they offer me for the trade in. Bring a female lawyer undercover and say she's your wife or girlfriend. 

Collect the facts and the histories and the typical numbers and go ram it up their ass. 

In a couple weeks you may have a new vehicle at no cost.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Some states have lemon laws.   You might see if they apply.  Typically IIRC it applies when you've had to take it in multiple times for the same issue so those laws may not apply to you but worth at least googling for your state.

This/
 And have all of your documents and any bills inccured over that time. You can write a letter to the  dealer and the manufacturer stating your grievance. That usually helps along with being vigilant.

Maybe some routine maintenance, like checking the transmission fluid , and the oil might help.  

• Sad 1

Yeah, all of it still under warranty so I haven’t had to pay anything for it but never had any problems with vehicles new or used like this. Its crazy. 
Looks like Iowa has to be two years or younger less miles than what I’ve got.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Theres an exception to every rule (assuming the story about your “buddy” is even true), but typically if you’re having to try to resort to lemon laws and such, you’ve already lost. HTH

38 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Theres an exception to every rule (assuming the story about your “buddy” is even true), but typically if you’re having to try to resort to lemon laws and such, you’ve already lost. HTH

Why?  You've lost in that you've had to deal with a POS vehicle for a period of time but at least it gives you recourse to either get a refund or something accomodation.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

It depends on the state. Like i said I am on a site where people say they have successfully applied for lemon laws quite frequently, although I probably spend more time on car/truck forums than you do.

7 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Did it come with truck nuts and the Calvin pissing decal of your choice?

• Haha 1