Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Another fast food place closes in CA same day as minimum wage goes to $20

My first job was at Burger King back in the mid-90’s when I was 14. I don’t recall anyone making fun of me for it, but I wouldn’t have cared. I wanted to make my own money. Minimum wage? Was fine by me.

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Freeloading my ass. They ARE our economy. 

So am I. I pay. So should they. 

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Wait, a chick in a nurses uniform spanks you if you don't finish?

Have you not heard of this place? It's in Vegas.  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Have you not heard of this place? It's in Vegas.  

It has evaded my attention.  The video says its on Freemont Street and I always end upn on the Strip.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

They pay plenty. 

How? Think they pay more than me? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

They pay plenty. 

In taxes to the local, state a federal government?

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

It has evaded my attention.  The video says its on Freemont Street and I always end upn on the Strip.

You replied before I added the video. it moved

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

They pay plenty. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Everyone is paid under the table. 

Stop being a complete imbecile.  Nobody takes you seriously simp.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

In taxes to the local, state a federal government?

Tom just tells us how they all work off the books and then tells us they pay plenty. This guy spins himself out everyday.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tom just tells us how they all work off the books and then tells us they pay plenty. This guy spins himself out everyday.  

Apparently he’s got a different definition of the words pay and plenty.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They have to pay a pretty large sales tax to the state of California. And all kinds of other taxes and fees to keep their doors open. They pay plenty. They also keep prices low. Their contributions are a huge net positive, they don’t cost you a cent. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, double tour said:

How are illegals paying?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/oct/02/maria-teresa-kumar/how-much-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes/

As of 2016 it was 12 billion a year. It’s gone way up since then. 

Oh and they’re not illegal. They’re undocumented. There’s no such thing as an illegal person. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/oct/02/maria-teresa-kumar/how-much-do-undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes/

Oh and they’re not illegal. They’re undocumented. There’s no such thing as an illegal person. 

So tiring...

Illegals pay taxes!!! I fact checked it!!! 

You should get an education or something. You have been duped in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

il·le·gal a·li·en
[illegal alien]
noun
US ENGLISH
  1. a foreign national who is living without official authorization in a country of which they are not a citizen: 
    "illegal aliens who come here for economic opportunity"
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

My first job was at Burger King back in the mid-90’s when I was 14. I don’t recall anyone making fun of me for it, but I wouldn’t have cared. I wanted to make my own money. Minimum wage? Was fine by me.

Same here, I started working at BK when I was 15.5, I think it was $3.25 an hour? Maybe $4.25, I can't remember but I think it was 1993. No one really made fun of me either, Wanted my own money, wanted a car, so I got a job. 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

They have to pay a pretty large sales tax to the state of California. And all kinds of other taxes and fees to keep their doors open. They pay plenty. They also keep prices low. Their contributions are a huge net positive, they don’t cost you a cent. 

Does sales tax cover the cost for police, fire and rescue? Does it cover education for their kids? How about roads and public transportation? Healthcare?

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

They don’t cost you a cent. 

Except for all that "free" health care they just got this year. 

And all that human trafficking they seem to be involved in (you see those 27 guys in Sacramento that were arrested a few weeks go - hauling semi trucks, involved in a huge trafficking ring? All had very similar sounding names that seems like they came from south of the border)? 

Yeah, they don't "cost" us anything. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I walked by it last time in town and I'm glad I did.  Just watching that video hurts my heart. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Same here, I started working at BK when I was 15.5, I think it was $3.25 an hour? Maybe $4.25, I can't remember but I think it was 1993. No one really made fun of me either, Wanted my own money, wanted a car, so I got a job. 

14yo at McDonalds. $4.25 in 1995. My mom dropped me off and picked me up. Free meal during your break. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I walked by it last time in town and I'm glad I did.  Just watching that video hurts my heart. 

It hurts my sphincter. The growler from one of those octuplet patties and the butter shake would break most pieces of porcelain.  Do they need a special permit from  Vegas Sanitation and Water treatment to sell those things?

26 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Boy oh boy 12 billion sure sounds like a huge number if you're a bumbling idiot.  That's 3K per illegal person.  Per year!  :doh:

And I agree, I will no longer refer to them as illegal persons.  From now on it's illegal scum.  

14 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Except for all that "free" health care they just got this year. 

And all that human trafficking they seem to be involved in (you see those 27 guys in Sacramento that were arrested a few weeks go - hauling semi trucks, involved in a huge trafficking ring? All had very similar sounding names that seems like they came from south of the border)? 

Yeah, they don't "cost" us anything. 

As I wrote, they’re a net benefit. 

Nearly 100% of what you’ve been told about undocumented immigrants, what conservatives believe, is rooted in lies, fear and bigotry. They are NOT an economic burden. They do NOT commit violent crime at a larger rate that people born here. They are NOT here to replace us, or to vote Democrat. This doesn’t need to be the #1 issue for people. Ridiculous that it is. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nearly 100% of what you’ve been told about undocumented immigrants, what conservatives believe, is rooted in lies, fear and bigotry. They are NOT an economic burden. They do NOT commit violent crime at a larger rate that people born here. They are NOT here to replace us, or to vote Democrat. This doesn’t need to be the #1 issue for people. Ridiculous that it is. 

You live in some strange land in your head. You are so off base. All of it. 

Just crazy. 

27 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Does sales tax cover the cost for police, fire and rescue? Does it cover education for their kids? How about roads and public transportation? Healthcare?

It costs 32k a year per pupil in California and the national average is 15k. I may be wrong but, I don’t believe I’ve ever paid 15k in sales tax in a calendar year. 

8 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

It costs 32k a year per pupil in California and the national average is 15k. I may be wrong but, I don’t believe I’ve ever paid 15k in sales tax in a calendar year. 

And a lot of illegals have many illegal kids.

Just saw a tweet that said a whopper meal just went up by about two dollars in California already.

It’s like liberals don’t understand basic economics. You are paid with the market demands. do they think the businesses are just going to eat those raises? It’s comically dumb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Foster Freeze Menu

Do you get ozemperic with your purchase!  :shocking:

BOSS1-150x150.jpg

THE BIG BOSS™

A juicy beef patty, with Swiss and American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickles, Fosters sauce, and Onion

this is what the bad hombres call timmay

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Almost all of this is wrong 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

No, almost all of it is right.

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

They are NOT an economic burden. 

:lol:

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, almost all of it is right.

You bring a lot to the forum. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jose M said:

Boy oh boy 12 billion sure sounds like a huge number if you're a bumbling idiot.  That's 3K per illegal person.  Per year!  :doh:

And I agree, I will no longer refer to them as illegal persons.  From now on it's illegal scum.  

Have you forgotten your login info for Horsecrap/Roger?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Have you forgotten your login info for Horsecrap/Roger?

Why don't you respond to.what he said instead of ignoring it so you can pretend to give a cutdown or something?

6 minutes ago, double tour said:

Why don't you respond to.what he said instead of ignoring it so you can pretend to give a cutdown or something?

I would agree that illegal immigrants don’t pay taxes.

But they’re not all scum.

1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Well here’s the thing. When I make these claims (that undocumented immigrants are a net economic benefit, that they commit less violent crime by percentage than native born citizens), I always back them up with studies and statistical data. All of you guys that disagree with me, you have a bunch of really ugly anecdotes. No evidence, no data. Just a lot of scapegoating. You also have, unfortunately, a plurality of Americans who probably agree with you on a lot of this. But all of the evidence out there suggests that I’m right and you’re wrong. 

• Haha 1