The Real timschochet

“I Can’t Breathe” Yet another black man dies at the hands of police

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/frank-tyson-toledo-police-body-cam-video-handcuffed-facedown-bar-floor/

How long are we a society going to allow this sort of thing to continue? How long are conservatives going to pretend that this isn’t an issue, while claiming the real issue is black on black violence? 

Democrats tried to pass the George Floyd act which might have helped prevent this sort of thing, but Republicans stopped it. Donald Trump is campaigning on giving police unfettered power and immunity against being charged for this sort of activity. Which side are you on? 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/frank-tyson-toledo-police-body-cam-video-handcuffed-facedown-bar-floor/

How long are we a society going to allow this sort of thing to continue? How long are conservatives going to pretend that this isn’t an issue, while claiming the real issue is black on black violence? 

Democrats tried to pass the George Floyd act which might have helped prevent this sort of thing, but Republicans stopped it. Donald Trump is campaigning on giving police unfettered power and immunity against being charged for this sort of activity. Which side are you on? 

How did he die?  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

How did he die?  

Hypertension, diabetes, obesity, drug addiction, alcoholism.  Some other stuff too probably. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol, liberals won’t make society any better than there make believe counter people the conservatives.  

All liberals and conservatives believe mostly on the same things.  Destroy and take over.  And remove God.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

How did he die?  

Positional asphyxiation. Not clear from the article whether that was exacerbated by other factors such as drug use or injuries from him crashing into a utility pole.  An autopsy has been done but the article did not elaborate on the details.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hypertension, diabetes, obesity, drug addiction, alcoholism.  Some other stuff too probably. 

Oh and being held on the ground with a knee to his back. Stop making excuses for bad cops. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

How long are we a society going to allow this sort of thing to continue? How long are conservatives going to pretend that this isn’t an issue

We're not allowing it.

And it isn't an issue.  These incidents are in the single digits yearly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

We're not allowing it.

And it isn't an issue.  These incidents are in the single digits yearly.

1000 in the last decade. 

And aren’t you one of the folks around here who bring up violence caused by undocumented immigrants? Statistically that’s almost non-existent. Yet that is a problem and this isn’t. Get the Fock out of here. 

Well hopefully THIS time, when Toledo is looted and set on fire, someone will get the message

13 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Positional asphyxiation. Not clear from the article whether that was exacerbated by other factors such as drug use or injuries from him crashing into a utility pole.  An autopsy has been done but the article did not elaborate on the details.

Of course...they dont give details...there is a narrative to uphold...so dumb.

Unless the cops pulled this guy off the sidewalk and killed him, then we have to accept that if you have run-ins with the cops there will be some bad outcomes.

Don't have run-ins with the cops and you don't have to worry about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well hopefully THIS time, when Toledo is looted and set on fire, someone will get the message

Weird thing is Tim’s article has Toledo in the header but the incident was Canton?  Not exactly close to each other. 

18 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

How long are conservatives going to pretend that this isn’t an issue, while claiming the real issue is black on black violence? 

Well, based on numbers & statistics....which is usually the vanguard of libs.......black on black violence is, by an order of magnitude,  a much bigger issue. Any inappropriate action is a bad thing. If it's all about lives being lost.....well, the major issue is clear. 

Why does the victim's race matter Tim?  You think this doesn't happen to other races?  FFS get over the racism dude.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1000 in the last decade. 

And aren’t you one of the folks around here who bring up violence caused by undocumented immigrants? Statistically that’s almost non-existent. Yet that is a problem and this isn’t. Get the Fock out of here. 

😂

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Why does the victim's race matter Tim?  You think this doesn't happen to other races?  FFS get over the racism dude.

Good posting

Police killings have increased under Biden. Probably because of the shitty economy.  And the democrats approach to criminals. Soft. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Liberals should change from the donkey to the white hood. 

6 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Don't have run-ins with the cops and you don't have to worry about it. 

In the end this is always the argument offered by most conservatives. And it always translates to “they brought it on themselves”. 

No recognition or acknowledgment that racism is involved, that blacks are treated differently from anyone else in these situations. Of course not. They brought it on themselves. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

In the end this is always the argument offered by most conservatives. And it always translates to “they brought it on themselves”. 

No recognition or acknowledgment that racism is involved, that blacks are treated differently from anyone else in these situations. Of course not. They brought it on themselves. 

GO back to your thread and spew your racism and lies there

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Because it does. And I’ll get over the racism when it stops. 

There are laws for crimes. We already do something about criminals. 

Now do the illegals you employ 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Because it does. And I’ll get over the racism when it stops. 

This case had NOTHING to do with race.  You making it about race is disgusting.

We would be so much better off putting our time and energy into the black children that cry out “I can’t read” than the thugs and knuckleheads that say “I can’t breathe”.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey man nobody is forcing you to read this or comment. 

That's true.  It's also true that you hated interacting with most people on this bored, said so, and started your own thread so you'd only have to interact with those who wanted to interact with you.  Which turned out to be just about no one so you had to venture back out to the main bored.  Most people would find that a little embarrassing.  But you're a special snowflake.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

That's true.  It's also true that you hated interacting with most people on this bored, said so, and started your own thread so you'd only have to interact with those who wanted to interact with you.  Which turned out to be just about no one so you had to venture back out to the main bored.  Most people would find that a little embarrassing.  But you're a special snowflake.

In the end, people who want to interact with me (like you) will do so. Those that don’t, won’t. Makes no difference where I post. 
If I’m a snowflake then I guess you’re attracted to the change of weather. 

Now as to your earlier point: I believe racism is central to what happened here. Although there are also instances of white people being mistreated and sometimes dying at the hands of police, I think it happens more often to young black men. I can show you studies and statistics about this but I won’t- I’d you’re interested you can read about them yourself. There have been so many of these studies and nothing ever happens. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Bro this happens to white dudes too.  Anyone who behaves badly and gets into altercations with the cops is at risk.

Stop with the crying about racism already.  Cultist do enough actual racist crap that we don't need to make up fake racist stuff.

You're not doing us libs any favors boyo.

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Bro this happens to white dudes too.  Anyone who behaves badly and gets into altercations with the cops is at risk.

Stop with the crying about racism already.  Cultist do enough actual racist crap that we don't need to make up fake racist stuff.

You're not doing us libs any favors boyo.

Sorry not trying to do you any favors: it is simply untrue that blacks and whites are treated the same by police. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

In the end, people who want to interact with me (like you) will do so. Those that don’t, won’t. Makes no difference where I post. 

Now as to your earlier point: I believe racism is central to what happened here. Although there are also instances of white people being mistreated and sometimes dying at the hands of police, I think it happens more often to young black men. I can show you studies and statistics about this but I won’t- I’d you’re interested you can read about them yourself. There have been so many of these studies and nothing ever happens. 

Studies don't matter to you.  You simply misinterpret the data or don't understand it anyways.  Just like your statement that there have been 1000 of these in the last 10 years.  I assume you got that from the article you posted.  But you didn't actually go look at the link to the AP study or read the details of that study.  If so, you wouldn't have posted something so misleading.  Knowing you, actually, you probably would post it even if you knew it was false or misleading.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Sorry not trying to do you any favors: it is simply untrue that blacks and whites are treated the same by police. 

We know how much you love relying on studies. Well, a study done at Harvard showed that not to be true for the most part. 

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

you are completely wrong.  Not only are there more deaths to white people from cops, when you extrapolate the fact that the police interactions of cops with black people committing crimes is 10 fold, the numbers are insanely low

race has nothing to do with it

circumstance does

I was at a show last night VNV Nation (great show, electronic music) Dude started getting wild (his race is irrelevant) Security came and took him off the floor, he started resisting, and it took 6 grown ass men, big bouncers to pin him down and get him out of the venue.  When the police arrived they had to pin him to the ground because he would not stop resisting.  It happens, dude left handcuffed, bloodied and beaten in an ambulance 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We know how much you love relying on studies. Well, a study done at Harvard showed that not to be true for the most part. 

Sure he loves relying on studies.  He ignores England's NHS in favor of "The Trevor Project" to form his opinion on teen transgender mutilation.   Even left leaning The Atlantic acknowledges the validity of the NHS report but because it defies Tim's chosen attitude towards teen trans mutilation he discounts it.  Has anyone here ever heard of "The Trevor Project?" 

Just now, Strike said:

Sure he loves relying on studies.  He ignores England's NHS in favor of "The Trevor Project" to form his opinion on teen transgender mutilation.   Even left leaning The Atlantic acknowledges the validity of the NHS report but because it defies Tim's chosen attitude towards teen trans mutilation he discounts it.  Has anyone here ever heard of "The Trevor Project?" 

He puts politics over the well being of children.  I’m surprised I even acknowledge him at all. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

1000 in the last decade. 

I'm not one of those people.  And just because someone claimed there were 1000 deaths over the last decade doesn't make it so.  

This all came out over George Floyd.  9 unarmed black people were shot that year.  9.  Get the fūck out of here with this race baiting bullshìt.  You're just a sucker for people turning racism into a business.

Weren't you the one that was supposed to stick to your discussion thread?

• Like 2

tim = al sharpton 

Diversity is our strength. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He puts politics over the well being of children.  I’m surprised I even acknowledge him at all. 

He puts Vodka over the well being of children too.  He's just a fat blowhard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

1000 in the last decade. 

I'm putting you on ignore. Sick of your lies.