Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Republicans and Democrats work together to stifle free speech

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/01/politics/house-vote-antisemitism-awareness-act

The other day @Cdub100 accused me of trying to get him shut up. But that’s not the case. If he wants to anti-Semitic he has every right to be that way, I wanted him called out for it, but never censored. 

This House bill is awful. People have the right to be anti-Semitic . They have the right to be anti-Israel which is not the same thing. Politicians seem to have no respect for freedom of speech. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/01/politics/house-vote-antisemitism-awareness-act

The other day @Cdub100 accused me of trying to get him shut up. But that’s not the case. If he wants to anti-Semitic he has every right to be that way, I wanted him called out for it, but never censored. 

This House bill is awful. People have the right to be anti-Semitic . They have the right to be anti-Israel which is not the same thing. Politicians seem to have no respect for freedom of speech. 

A jew who loves Hamas and hates Israel.  Who would have thought that they all would call The Democrat Party home?  I suppose it makes sense since The Democrat Party is the same party that fought for slavery, implemented Jim Crowe and created the KKK.  Makes sense, I guess.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

A jew who loves Hamas and hates Israel.  Who would have thought that they all would call The Democrat Party home?  I suppose it makes sense since The Democrat Party is the same party that fought for slavery, implemented Jim Crowe and created the KKK.  Makes sense, I guess.

FTR, Hamas is evil and I certainly don’t love them. What I would love is to see them destroyed. And I very much support the state of Israel. I have friends and family there. What does any of this have to do with free speech? 

Lol....Tim finally finds a line.  It is OK to censor speech on the COVID vaccine.  It is OK to censor those who wish to protest the election.  It is OK to censor those critical of global warming science.  It is OK for compelled speech to require preferred pronouns or be critical of the radical trans agenda.

But finally when speech is censored on a pet issue he is critical of the establishment position,  Tim finds the free speech religion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Of course the team wants to get rid of freedoms. Speech is the first one they will move away from , it will happen with the next president.  

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Lol....Tim finally finds a line.  It is OK to censor speech on the COVID vaccine.  It is OK to censor those who wish to protest the election.  It is OK to censor those critical of global warming science.  It is OK for compelled speech to require preferred pronouns or be critical of the radical trans agenda.

But finally when speech is censored on a pet issue he is critical of the establishment position,  Tim finds the free speech religion.  

No. I don’t believe it’s OK to censor ANY of those things. But see I know in all of those cases you’re referring to social media or to the news media. For me, it’s only wrong when the government gets involved. Private entities are allowed to do what they want. For example Yale is a private university. If it wants to clamp down on freedom of speech it has every right. UCLA is a public university. It does not have the right to clamp down. Government vs private, makes all the difference. 

If I'm reading this correctly this has nothing to do with free speech.  It has to do with federal funding.  Any school is welcome to choose not to accept federal funding in the name of free speech, as Hillsdale College does.  Money trumps principle though.  I can't believe you're whining about this as Biden tries to destroy women's sports by forcing schools to let men compete in women's sports using the exact same tactics.  At least this one is being done properly through the legislative process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No. I don’t believe it’s OK to censor ANY of those things. But see I know in all of those cases you’re referring to social media or to the news media. For me, it’s only wrong when the government gets involved. Private entities are allowed to do what they want. For example Yale is a private university. If it wants to clamp down on freedom of speech it has every right. UCLA is a public university. It does not have the right to clamp down. Government vs private, makes all the difference. 

You're wrong.  The government gets to insert itself any time a school accepts government money.  You don't even understand how this works. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You absolutely do. All the time.  You hated that Rittenhouse was able to counter the BLM protestors and were perfectly OK with him being attacked.  You cheerlead when the FBI threatens to prosecute parents who protest at school board meetings.  You cheerlead for the Jan. 6th prosecution.  You love that the courts and FBI are uses to silence independant media voices like James O'Keefe, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Russell Brand.  You call out misinformation and believe it should be controlled.  You never had one ounce of respect for the abuses of speech coming from conservatives.   This action is actually minor compared to the havoc caused by free speech on the right every single day.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

FTR, Hamas is evil and I certainly don’t love them. What I would love is to see them destroyed. And I very much support the state of Israel. I have friends and family there. What does any of this have to do with free speech? 

No you dont

People like Tim need to stop referring to themselves as Jewish.  It’s a religion that he does not participate in.  

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

If you told me to shut up that would be fine and well within your right. But you don't do that you try and shame other people to do it for you. It's one of the many tricks of the tiny hat people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

No. I don’t believe it’s OK to censor ANY of those things. But see I know in all of those cases you’re referring to social media or to the news media. For me, it’s only wrong when the government gets involved.

See that's the problem. You know how powerful social media platforms are. You know how powerful news outlets are. They can single handedly silence an entire population by censoring their voice or opinion. Yet....you are OK with that. WHY?? BECAUSE IT’S THE LIBERAL MEDIA DOING IT. Time for you to pop smoke......

• Thanks 2

I support free speech quite broadly, pretty much right up to the line where it is incitement to immediate violence.  Conversely I strongly oppose compelled speech.  I will not be forced to acknowledge or use your pronouns, I will not oretend their are 147 genders or that your gender is "assigned" at birth rather than recognized at birth.  I will not be forced to say "their" name nor will I be forced to say that the lives of specific races matter.

I will say that the "speech" I have seen from these campuses is disappointingly low level speech.  Sing song nursery rhymes advocating removal of the jews from Palestine is not the level of educational discourse I would hope for from college students, but I guess they just can't articulate their position with any more clarity.  These protests have been an advertisement to not hire these students and undoubtedly are doing damage to the reputation of these institutions, which may be the blessing in disguise.

25 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

See that's the problem. You know how powerful social media platforms are. You know how powerful news outlets are. They can single handedly silence an entire population by censoring their voice or opinion. Yet....you are OK with that. WHY?? BECAUSE IT’S THE LIBERAL MEDIA DOING IT. Time for you to pop smoke......

If you understood the scope of Operation Mockingbird you would realize the Liberal Media is more accurately the big government media.  It has been many decades since a free press existed in the United States.  The same goes for these big tech companies.  They have been infiltrated by CIA and are on speed dial from government agencies telling them who to ban and what posts to take down.  Nothing liberal about it.  

15 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Politicians seem to have no respect for freedom of speech. 

Could you please show me where you have one ounce of respect for free speech?

The Real timschochet (April 17):  And Trump does need to be jailed. Tonight he posted Jesse Watter’s lame accusation that the jurors already chosen are all liberal plants with the collusion of the judge. Thats in clear violation of the gag order. He has to be punished. 

You have ZERO respect for Free Speech.  You want to imprison the leading candidate for president for speaking during the mist of an election, which is the highest form of free speech there is.  You are 100 percent anti-Free Speech. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Strike said:

If I'm reading this correctly this has nothing to do with free speech.  It has to do with federal funding.  Any school is welcome to choose not to accept federal funding in the name of free speech, as Hillsdale College does.  Money trumps principle though.  I can't believe you're whining about this as Biden tries to destroy women's sports by forcing schools to let men compete in women's sports using the exact same tactics.  At least this one is being done properly through the legislative process.

Bump for Tim.  I see how much he REALLY want to have intelligent discussion about issues. Waiting for him to explain how this isn't just the Feds using their control over a funding mechanism, something they do all the time.

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bump for Tim.  I see how much he REALLY want to have intelligent discussion about issues. Waiting for him to explain how this isn't just the Feds using their control over a funding mechanism, something they do all the time.

They do all the time, but we need less of it, not more.  On the plus side, at least this was directed by elected officials by a public vote and not some under the radar policy by some unnamed bureaucracy.  But we need a lot less of the feds using our tax dollars and authority to manipulate speech.  

Tim is not going to answer because he is two-faced on his views.  He loves when the government censors conservatives/populists.  

In a letter to representatives, the ACLU wrote, “Federal law already prohibits antisemitic discrimination and harassment by federally funded entities. H.R. 6090 is therefore not needed to protect against antisemitic discrimination; instead, it would likely chill free speech of students on college campuses by incorrectly equating criticism of the Israeli government with antisemitism.”

Many Geeks play this game. “From the river to the sea is a call for the Holocaust 2.0 Reeeeee!!!” :o 

57 minutes ago, Strike said:

I didn’t respond because after I read it the first time I was exasperated and exhausted. Exasperated because it’s such a lame argument. If you choose to direct or limit government funding based on speech you find acceptable or unacceptable, of COURSE that’s a form of censorship. Completely irrational to argue otherwise. And the issue of woman’s sports is totally irrelevant, has nothing to do with the topic.

Exhausted because posts like yours make it pointless to discuss these issues with you further. 

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

In a letter to representatives, the ACLU wrote, “Federal law already prohibits antisemitic discrimination and harassment by federally funded entities. H.R. 6090 is therefore not needed to protect against antisemitic discrimination; instead, it would likely chill free speech of students on college campuses by incorrectly equating criticism of the Israeli government with antisemitism.”

Many Geeks play this game. “From the river to the sea is a call for the Holocaust 2.0 Reeeeee!!!” :o 

As usual, the ACLU correctly understands this situation. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t respond because after I read it the first time I was exasperated and exhausted. Exasperated because it’s such a lame argument. If you choose to direct or limit government funding based on speech you find acceptable or unacceptable, of COURSE that’s a form of censorship. Completely irrational to argue otherwise. And the issue of woman’s sports is totally irrelevant, has nothing to do with the topic.

Exhausted because posts like yours make it pointless to discuss these issues with you further. 

He's doing the EXACT same thing with women's sports as this bill except it's not going through the legislative process.  I can see why you are ignoring that though.   Such a simpleton.

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People like Tim need to stop referring to themselves as Jewish.  It’s a religion that he does not participate in.  

Honestly, I'm very confused on the Jewish issue.  There are Jews out there who say it's a race, others say it's not.  Some say it's a religion, others say it's not.  Some say "Jew" is derogatory, some say it's not.  Again, this is from JEWISH people, not the hateful white liberal who always feels the need to tell other people when they should be offended.

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Another organization that I have no trust, respect, or faith, in.

A lot of people are starting to ask the J.Q. 

It's nice to see people finally waking up.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Honestly, I'm very confused on the Jewish issue.  There are Jews out there who say it's a race, others say it's not.  Some say it's a religion, others say it's not.  Some say "Jew" is derogatory, some say it's not.  Again, this is from JEWISH people, not the hateful white liberal who always feels the need to tell other people when they should be offended.

It’s a religion. You can’t become black or Asian. You can become Jewish.  It’s a duplicitous game that is played depending on the circumstances.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s a religion. You can’t become black or Asian. You can become Jewish.  It’s a duplicitous game that is played depending on the circumstances.  

Yup...I've seen these genealogy reports where someone says it showed them to be 5% Jewish?  What?   That's dumb.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He sure does play the part well though 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If I had lived in Nazi occupied Europe, and declared myself an atheist or a Christian, that would not have protected me from being sent to Auschwitz and murdered. So you’re wrong, it is more than a religion. 

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If I had lived in Nazi occupied Europe, and declared myself an atheist or a Christian, that would not have protected me from being sent to Auschwitz and murdered. So you’re wrong, it is more than a religion. 

No it’s not. I’m not going by the logic some lunatics used to carry out their sick plans. What if a Christian had converted to Judaism? Were they spared? I win. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's more than a religion; it's not necessarily a race, but an ethnic group. 

19 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So if you marry a Puerto Rican you’re Hispanic? 

32 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Either way, who cares 

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

They have not respected the first Amendment for 40 years.   Once they started down the hole of excusing using RICO for abortion protestors, it has been downhill ever since.   They are a lot like you....free speech for people I agree with. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So if you marry a Puerto Rican you’re Hispanic? 

WTF are you talking about? Has nothing to do with marriage.