Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Do you zipper merge?

Or are you one if the retards that wait in line for days as cars go bye. Trying to occasionally block zipper mergers with your car?

I do. I hate the retards that take it upon themselves to be vigilantes and block others. People need to get past being taught wrong when they learned to drive.

Was on a slow section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike this afternoon. All three lanes kind of creeping along around 10 miles an hour. Some idiot in a jeep passes everybody on the right shoulder. Just zipping along. I was in the right lane and inched over a little bit and I kept my eye on him. He just stayed on the shoulder like it was one of the lanes and was flying around 40 miles an hour. If I had seen him coming up from behind, I would have pulled my car over so it was half on the shoulder. Fock that ass hole. Hundreds and hundreds of cars playing it by the rules and he thinks he gets to have his own special Lane.

Was on a slow section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike this afternoon. All three lanes kind of creeping along around 10 miles an hour. Some idiot in a jeep passes everybody on the right shoulder. Just zipping along. I was in the right lane and inched over a little bit and I kept my eye on him. He just stayed on the shoulder like it was one of the lanes and was flying around 40 miles an hour. If I had seen him coming up from behind, I would have pulled my car over so it was half on the shoulder. Fock that ass hole. Hundreds and hundreds of cars playing it by the rules and he thinks he gets to have his own special Lane.

your "rules" are what's slowing people down.

I hit a spit every day on 94 near Dexter Michigan and it cuts down from 3 to 2. If you zipper merge traffic goes smoother but almost every day we get the same stupid wY of thinking. Like we are racing. We're not. We're collectively trying to get through the bottleneck without stopping.

your "rules" are what's slowing people down.

I hit a spit every day on 94 near Dexter Michigan and it cuts down from 3 to 2. If you zipper merge traffic goes smoother.

wtf are you talking about? There was no merge. This was miles of three lanes.

wtf are you talking about? There was no merge. This was miles of three lanes.

so no one else is smart enough to zipper merge there is what you are saying?

so no one else is smart enough to zipper merge there is what you are saying?

learn to read and and get back to me

If there is an open lane...3 miles down. The zipper is not being used.

Roy.... I believe tha the car in newbs situation was not using a lane, but the shoulder.

Someone somewhere did a study that showed zipper merging helps traffic, not hurts.

I realize it can cheese people off but it's a better method.

Yeah but I feel like an edjr doing it.

A Pats fan?

Yes exactly.

• Like 1

I will jump as far as i can thats reasonable...like ahead of semis, slow moving vehicles...but once im in im riding the guy in front of mes bumper and nobody is squeezing in.

But i dont push it...

Roy.... I believe tha the car in newbs situation was not using a lane, but the shoulder.

no. That's not cool. That's a dickk move

Someone somewhere did a study that showed zipper merging helps traffic, not hurts.

I realize it can cheese people off but it's a better method.

I actually started doing it after I watched a YouTube video on it. Then I don't feel too bad. And really you can tell the commuters​. They understand it. The trucks get pissed. We

I actually started doing it after I watched a YouTube video on it. Then I don't feel too bad. And really you can tell the commuters​. They understand it. The trucks get pissed. We

That's why it helps traffic. you get 5 cars zipping in front of a semi it really doesn't slow the semi down but it eliminates 5 cars from the backup behind the slow semi.

I am the biggest d!ck devensive driver. You earn my lane. If I wait, so are you. I'll get out and threaten your life. With zero problems. Wait your mother fawking turn.

Oh, I guess zipper merge is terminology for "being a complete c0cksucker?"

I think it should be legal to shoot those fockers. It's a line. Get your ass in it. You aren't special.

I think it should be legal to shoot those fockers. It's a line. Get your ass in it. You aren't special.

I argued with my friend about this, he being a mathematician and proponent of the zipper merge. He was right in theory, but everybody has to be on board for it to work. In reality, people rarely alternative vehicles to allow a merge.

I argued with my friend about this, he being a mathematician and proponent of the zipper merge. He was right in theory, but everybody has to be on board for it to work. In reality, people rarely alternative vehicles to allow a merge.

See, a zipper merge only works if most people are in line, and a few are trying to cut it, and the others let them.

Personally, I will die in a symphony of flame and twisted metal before I allow one of the c0cksuckers in.

See, a zipper merge only works if most people are in line, and a few are trying to cut it, and the others let them.

Personally, I will die in a symphony of flame and twisted metal before I allow one of the c0cksuckers in.

No, the zipper works best if everybody keeps their lane, neither speeding up nor slowing down, but always yields space for one car to merge from the lane that ends. Ideally (from a traffic efficiency standpoint), cars alternate at the zipper's end.

No, the zipper works best if everybody keeps their lane, neither speeding up nor slowing down, but always yields space for one car to merge from the lane that ends. Ideally (from a traffic efficiency standpoint), cars alternate at the zipper's end.

Nice theory. Doesn't work that way when traffic actually comes to a stop though.

Bottom line... if you drive past a half a mile of cars in a line and try to cut in at the last minute, you are a doosh and should die in a fire.

Nice theory. Doesn't work that way when traffic actually comes to a stop though.

Bottom line... if you drive past a half a mile of cars in a line and try to cut in at the last minute, you are a doosh and should die in a fire.

Right, but zipper merging decreases the chances traffic will slow to a standstill. One could make an argument that the zipper merger is actually acting altruistically for the benefit of overall traffic, while still being selfish. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/why-last-second-lane-mergers-are-good-for-traffic.html

For the record, rather than immediately moving out of the lane, I'll stay put until a few hundred yards before the mandatory merge. That isn't ideal for traffic, but isn't cutting off someone at the last minute either. Before arguing about this topic with my friend, I was in the move over ASAP camp.

Right, but zipper merging decreases the chances traffic will slow to a standstill. One could make an argument that the zipper merger is actually acting altruistically for the benefit of overall traffic, while still being selfish. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/why-last-second-lane-mergers-are-good-for-traffic.html

For the record, rather than immediately moving out of the lane, I'll stay put until a few hundred yards before the mandatory merge. That isn't ideal for traffic, but isn't cutting off someone at the last minute either. Before arguing about this topic with my friend, I was in the move over ASAP camp.

If an interstate is entering construction, where the speed limit drops dramatically, and goes from two lanes to one, it will almost always either come to a stop or at least a crawl.

People can make nice little theories to justify line jumping all they like. But they are just ass holes.

If an interstate is entering construction, where the speed limit drops dramatically, and goes from two lanes to one, it will almost always either come to a stop or at least a crawl.

People can make nice little theories to justify line jumping all they like. But they are just ass holes.

The theories have been tested, and areas advocating zipper merging have faster moving traffic, among other benefits.

Several studies point to benefits of late or zipper merging, including up to 50 percent shorter lines, a reduction in speeds around construction workers, and drivers reporting less anxiety and frustration.

The theories have been tested, and areas advocating zipper merging have faster moving traffic, among other benefits.

If traffic is actually moving, fine.

If it is at or near a dead stop, as is usually the case, no.

I am the biggest d!ck devensive driver. You earn my lane. If I wait, so are you. I'll get out and threaten your life. With zero problems. Wait your mother fawking turn.

You two are the Turd Fergusons that fock this all up. Everyone was taught wrong, and cant get past that. You are actually violating the law in some places if you DONT use this method.

TBBOM...how about this scenario, which I deal with daily leaving Ann Arbor. two lanes on main street merge onto an on-ramp for the freeway. traffic gets so backed up that if both lanes aren't used and zippered in, the lineup would block intersections in the midst of the backup.

If everyone would just go up to the merge point and zipper in, everything would go smoothly. Problem is, as soon as there's a sign that says 'Right Lane Closed in 2 Miles", people get all nervous and think they have to get over. So you see brake lights. And turn signals. Now, the 'merge point' has become two miles longer. And drivers who know what they're supposed to do get dirty looks and horns if they don't conform and start merging miles before they're supposed to.

• Like 1

If everyone would just go up to the merge point and zipper in, everything would go smoothly. Problem is, as soon as there's a sign that says 'Right Lane Closed in 2 Miles", people get all nervous and think they have to get over. So you see brake lights. And turn signals. Now, the 'merge point' has become two miles longer. And drivers who know what they're supposed to do get dirty looks and horns if they don't conform and start merging miles before they're supposed to.

People are generally idiots and bad drivers, so nothing will ever change until driving is taken out of our hands

we don't have traffic congestion.

Yup.

If you folks are really serious about this zipper merge thing, there needs to be some kind of public awareness campaign.

The More You Know

You two are the Turd Fergusons that fock this all up. Everyone was taught wrong, and cant get past that. You are actually violating the law in some places if you DONT use this method.

TBBOM...how about this scenario, which I deal with daily leaving Ann Arbor. two lanes on main street merge onto an on-ramp for the freeway. traffic gets so backed up that if both lanes aren't used and zippered in, the lineup would block intersections in the midst of the backup.

you work in Ann arbor? Straight up let's grab a beer. I'm by state down off Ellsworth.

you work in Ann arbor? Straight up let's grab a beer. I'm by state down off Ellsworth.

Main and Packard. This week sucks with Art Fair going on in my area, but one day after work would work.