Sign in to follow this  
DrG

Homer thoughts on Isaiah Crowell?

Surprised he actually made the team, he had 2 carries for 3 yds before this last week, I think Tate gets the ball 20-25 times a game.

I think that if there is any Alf Morris or Zac Stacy situation in the NFL right now where a 3rd string comes out of nowhere it is right here. It happens every year. Just last year it was Richardson/Pead/Stacy or Ball/Hillman/Moreno and a couple of years ago Helu/Royster/Morris prior to the start of the season.

The case for Crowell is pretty simple. The kid has elite talent. He was a 5 star running back coming out of high school and Freshman SEC player of the year. He looks like a beast in his highlight videos. I really love the idea of him running from the pistol formation with Johnny Manziel latter in the season. All Crowell needs is a hesitation from the LB watching JM handle the football to get to the outside and make a big play.

If he has the talent and I don't think you can argue that point all he needs is the opportunity. It is expected that Ben Tate will break down judging from past results. That is the reason Terrance West was getting so much love before the preseason and was being drafted only a few rounds behind Tate as one of the first backup RBs off the board. West didn't do anything in preseason to say that he would be the answer if/when Tate goes down 31 carries for 83 yards (2.68 YPC).

Unless something attractive comes up in the waiver wire during the season this is the player I'm sitting on the end of my bench waiting to see if he gets a chance making him a fantastic flex player.

No way. This guy won't sniff the field unless one of the two in front of him has a significant injury. Also, if you're looking for a 3rd stringer that could become something, look in Atlanta. That rookie looks very good!

I think there is a reason why he is listed down on the browns depth chart .

The reason he's down the chart is he's a udfa, he has more talent than the other two, but opportunity needs to present itself. His perceived attitude towards his college career in his last year is the only reason he wasn't taken early in the draft. Don't write this guy off, lots of potential here. Matt waldman at rsp thinks very highly of him, and he is an awesome fantasy scout.

He was #1 RB in USA coming out of HS in GA.

HE was a good RB @ UGA but got in trouble. He's better than Tate who was at Auburn.

Cro is the real deal

Probably a time share although West toted the rock more than Cromwell. If Gordon comes back watch out for this back field.

Snatched him up, glad I did. Interested to see what happens with tate. I think Crowell wrests the reigns from West if tate is out for a while.

Whatever happens I want in on it - that oline looked good opening up holes. If Tate is gone for a while one of those guys could be a star.

Probably a time share although West toted the rock more than Cromwell. If Gordon comes back watch out for this back field.

going in on this kid across the board (3 leagues) - NPG likey.

Which back is the one to pick up? Who will have the most impact from Tate being out? Crowell or west?

He reminds me of Willie Green, insane talent, knucklehead upstairs.

West looks very good, right now he will get some more touches with Tate out but I think feature back this year only if West goes down too.

He reminds me of Willie Green, insane talent, knucklehead upstairs.

West looks very good, right now he will get some more touches with Tate out but I think feature back this year only if West goes down too.

Wow man. That brings back some memories. Willie Green was nasty. I remember he had an insane run 1 time and I thought he was gonna be a beast. Unfortunately like you said, he didn't have a brain.

Mark my words, this guy is for real.

I drafted him in the last round of a deep sleeper league and nobody knew of him. Now they do.

He was in the same class as Gio Bernard and was actually ranked ahead of Gio as a pro prospect as a freshman at Georgia. He got in trouble on some BS gun charges that he eventually got off on and had to leave Georgia. He has washed ashore with the Cleveland Browns and looks promising,

I'm keeping him. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is eventually the starting RB in Cleveland or at least a decent goal line back.

• Like 1

He may not be ready but may be able to steal the RB job in Clev... who we know will run run run.

Any new updates or thoughts on this?

Doesn't have to be Clevelanders or Browns fans, anyone?

Crowell seems so much better than Tate and Tate has his injury history.

He should be owned. Other than that it's wait and see but it appears he is well behind Tate in the pecking order if they're both healthy so you're most likely going to have to wait for a rather likely injury to Tate to really see his true potential.

He's second fiddle until Tate goes down. Can you be patient?

Maybe a little more dynamic but if you dont see he is completely undisciplined you need to watch more closely. If tate goes down then crowell is a big time play, but they may sign a journeyman to help out with other rb responsibilities.

The injury to Alex Mack worries me a little bit about this situation. Not saying it'll cripple any fantasy value from anyone in this backfield, but Mack never missed a snap for the Browns. At center, that type of consistency is very important.

Having said that, I'd still take Crowell as the highest upside back here

Losing Mack is a blow to that running game.

Not in the Steeler's game. Holes kept opening with Greco at center for firsttime in career. Mack wasn't highly rated as a run blocker, until this season.

Steeler's front seven defenders were blocking sleds in that game. Huge topic of conversation in post game analysis. Mack is the QB of what is a very good offensive line. They're going to miss him.