Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kevin Durant to the Warriors

Lebron needs to develop a post game more than ever now. When they have their rematch with golden state, he'll be bigger than anyone on the floor for the dubs

Lebron needs to develop a post game more than ever now. When they have their rematch with golden state, he'll be bigger than anyone on the floor for the dubs

Um no, he won't. You maybe haven't heard but, they signed Durant.

Lebron

Magic

Shooting? Durant is a very legit, real 6'11 guy who is has top 5-7 pure all-time jumpshot who can handle the ball like a PG, and do literally everything very well offensively. I think he is very underrated on defense, the dude is impossible to get by and he has developed a solid weak-side defense game. An overlooked stat that he has excelled at being a primary perimeter player is rebounds. Dude is an 8-10rbpg guy every season.

Magic and Bron were better passers and floor generals, but they couldn't do the things Durant can do. Of course you could easily argue any of the 3 for the title of most versatile.

It's terrible for the NBA. Basically two, maybe three teams that are even worth following. Not like the old days were you had a whole bunch of playoff teams slugging it out every year. Fock even teams like Weber's Kings and Brad Dougherty's Cavs - they never won anything and nobody would even mention them in terms of greatest ever or even best of their era, but you had to bring your A game to get by 'em in the playoffs

Isaiah Thomas had a good point in that super teams like this push all other franchises to get better. What is Cleveland going to do now? They HAVE to make a move. I really think you can argue both sides. Other sports have lots of parity, but I think it gets old and boring for fans of the sport. For example, in baseball, if the Cubs aren't in the world series, then that will be a pretty big blow to the MLB. I really don't care about the Cubs, but I'd much rather see the best teams compete on the biggest stage if my team isn't in it.

You might get bottom-feeders that will tank, but a good example is my Pistons are going to continue to strive to get better and better. I think there are a lot of good teams in the middle of the NBA that are fun to watch. When they are playing each other, I'm sure we'll see competitive games/series. However, when it comes to the conference finals and the finals, I'd rather see all-time great talents clash for epic battles like we got this year. I guess it's just a personal preference, but, again, you're kidding yourself if you don't think the ratings for every Warriors game won't be through the roof, and every team they play will get national exposure as a result.

They still have to play the games. I wouldn't count on this yet. Chemistry is a hell of a thing and it can't be prognosticated.

I remember one offseason several years ago. Steve Nash and Dwight Howard are signing with the Lakers!@#! Joining Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol The Greatest team EVER they said.

People need to slow their roll a bit.

I think injuries are what really derailed those Lakers, plus Nash was way past his prime. All the Warrior's core is 28 or younger. Of course it will probably take them a bit to figure out how everyone fits into the system, but anyone with any basketball knowledge can see how well Durant fits into that system. You have the 3 best shooters in the league on the same team in a system that is design to get open parameter shots. It's really that simple. If you cheat off screens, or double Curry or Durant, one of those guys will be open 90% of the time, or Dray will be cutting to the lane that will either result in an easy 2 or the defense will collapse and he will pass to whoever is wide open.

Durant had no problem deferring to Russ throughout his career. That was always his biggest criticism. He was too unselfish and deferred too much. That will not be a problem with the Warriors.

The NBA is awful. Love basketball as a whole. But the NBA is almost unwatchable to me.

The NBA is awful. Love basketball as a whole. But the NBA is almost unwatchable to me.

This. The effort is just not there for 90% of the games.

Um no, he won't. You maybe haven't heard but, they signed Durant.

Lebron is 20 pounds heavier than durant. He could abuse him in the post if he developed 3 moves.

OKC should have never traded Harden for Perkins. You can draw all the lines back to that dumpster fire.

what? :unsure:

Perkins (and nate rob) were traded for Jeff Green (and my boy Nenad Kristic).

Harden was traded for multiple firsts, kevin martin and jeremy lamb after they couldn't work out an extension.

Meh, I'll take the Cavs with LeBron and an off-season practicing Ty Lue's system.

The Warriors didn't scare me this year, they don't scare me now. They're a jump shooting team, albeit a very good jump shooting team, but the blueprint for beating them has been revealed. Shake up Steph by playing up in his chest, switch properly, make their (now very thin) bench beat you.

Had the addition of Durant changed that? Not really.

Meh, I'll take the Cavs with LeBron and an off-season practicing Lebron's system.

Meh, I'll take the Cavs with LeBron and an off-season practicing Lebron's system.

Same thing.

you people that watch the NBA :lol:

you people that watch the NBA :lol:

yep...to me it's like wrestling....and not wwf...like the sh;ttier league nwa

Am I mad at KD for signing with GS? No - he dutifully fulfilled his contract and exercised his right to leave under the rules of FA.

That being said, my total opinion of KD just totally imploded and has sunk to the bottom of the sewer. What a punk ass biatch move to make. KD just showed the entire NBA watching world his ass and all but admitted he's not man enuff to bring a title to a franchise as "the man". Up 3-1 in the Conference Finals, against the greatest regular season team in the history of the league - and he bolts after choking it away.... To make matters worse, he totally spit on the face of his loyal OKC fans and the franchise by saying his decision was based on such things as "my evolution as a player and as a man" and "The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player" - BULLSH** - you jumped ship and joined the bandwagon in Oakland.. Which is cool - I get it, but at least have the focking balls to man up and own it. Don't patronize those fans and that franchise by acting so pathetically sorry, upset and torn. :rolleyes:

Am I mad at KD for signing with GS? No - he dutifully fulfilled his contract and exercised his right to leave under the rules of FA.

That being said, my total opinion of KD just totally imploded and has sunk to the bottom of the sewer. What a punk ass biatch move to make. KD just showed the entire NBA watching world his ass and all but admitted he's not man enuff to bring a title to a franchise as "the man". Up 3-1 in the Conference Finals, against the greatest regular season team in the history of the league - and he bolts after choking it away.... To make matters worse, he totally spit on the face of his loyal OKC fans and the franchise by saying his decision was based on such things as "my evolution as a player and as a man" and "The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player" - BULLSH** - you jumped ship and joined the bandwagon in Oakland.. Which is cool - I get it, but at least have the focking balls to man up and own it. Don't patronize those fans and that franchise by acting so pathetically sorry, upset and torn. :rolleyes:

Yup. You hit the nail on the head. This guy was one win away from making the finals. One of the biggest reasons they lost three in a row was his play in the clutch. Instead of coming back more determined next year, the pussie quits his team and joins the team that beat him. This is 10x more gay than what Lebron did.

:first: It is the lamest pooosay move.

Wade should sign with the Cavs now.

has been

Wade should sign with the Cavs now.

I was thinking the Cavs should trade for Westbrook. Extreme small ball finals: Warriors vs Cavs,

Ruin the competitive nature of the league (2 super teams) forever.

Barkley said something along the lines of Durant is cheating to get a ring by switching teams. :rolleyes:

I really like Charles Barkley, I think he is the most entertaining sports analyst on TV, but didn't he demand a trade from Philly to Phoenix because he knew he wasn't going to win a ring there?

There was an interesting article I read that listed all the super stars, including guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Moses Malone, Kareem, who all left their franchise to join other HOF players to get more/a ring(s). It's just before the unrestricted FA was created in 1988, you basically had to get traded to leave the team. It was really just a technicality, no different than what Bron or KD did.

You can call me a hypocrite because I lambasted Bron for leaving Cleveland, but it was mostly because he made it this big spectacle and he basically forced that team together, and also it was his hometown team, in a town that had the longest, suffering fan base in the country. All KD was join a team that any basketball player would love to play for because of the system and how well the franchise is ran. It's a 'weak move', sure, but it is 100%, most definitely, the smart move.

I get the argument that KD is more extreme of a case because his team was a top flight contender, and he joined his only rivals in his conference(save for maybe the Spurs). Like I said earlier, this move basically all but guarantees him going to the finals for the next 5-7 years. Isn't that really what LeBron did in the East? He really took away all the competition by joining the Heat and then, in turn, joining the Cavs, again guaranteeing him a spot in the finals for many years. That is really all KD did, he took the Bron blueprint and ran with it.

What LeBron did was REALLY smart, though I still hate him. What KD did was REALLY smart, and I was on the fence about this at first, but really I can't wait to see him in that system. You can't be a fan of basketball, in any era, and not want to see someone with KDs style of play in that system

Barkley said something along the lines of Durant is cheating to get a ring by switching teams. :rolleyes:

I really like Charles Barkley, I think he is the most entertaining sports analyst on TV, but didn't he demand a trade from Philly to Phoenix because he knew he wasn't going to win a ring there?

There was an interesting article I read that listed all the super stars, including guys like Wilt Chamberlain, Moses Malone, Kareem, who all left their franchise to join other HOF players to get more/a ring(s). It's just before the unrestricted FA was created in 1988, you basically had to get traded to leave the team. It was really just a technicality, no different than what Bron or KD did.

You can call me a hypocrite because I lambasted Bron for leaving Cleveland, but it was mostly because he made it this big spectacle and he basically forced that team together, and also it was his hometown team, in a town that had the longest, suffering fan base in the country. All KD was join a team that any basketball player would love to play for because of the system and how well the franchise is ran. It's a 'weak move', sure, but it is 100%, most definitely, the smart move.

I get the argument that KD is more extreme of a case because his team was a top flight contender, and he joined his only rivals in his conference(save for maybe the Spurs). Like I said earlier, this move basically all but guarantees him going to the finals for the next 5-7 years. Isn't that really what LeBron did in the East? He really took away all the competition by joining the Heat and then, in turn, joining the Cavs, again guaranteeing him a spot in the finals for many years. That is really all KD did, he took the Bron blueprint and ran with it.

What LeBron did was REALLY smart, though I still hate him. What KD did was REALLY smart, and I was on the fence about this at first, but really I can't wait to see him in that system. You can't be a fan of basketball, in any era, and not want to see someone with KDs style of play in that system

It's smart if winning a ring is Durant's goal. They were a few points away from winning their second straight this year. They would be favorites coming into the season without KD. So barring injuries, he has a really great chance to finally win a ring. As for his legacy, it's a terrible move. If he was like Karl Malone, in the twilight of his career, it would be understandable to take the easy road to a ring. But KD was one game from making the finals this year. And his team just made a great trade that made them even better. He had a decent shot at winning one where he was. Although it would have been a lot of work overtaking Golden State, San Antonio, and Cleveland. But had he won it with OKC next year, he becomes a top 15 all-timer. Winning one with Golden State next year is ho-hum. Like I said yesterday, it's like him deciding to join team USA in Rio. Nice addition, but they are favorites already without you. A really lame move by any standards.

What is gonna be more impactfull on Durants legacy, winning a ring with the warriors or losing with them? They are supposed to win next year now, if they dont it will be a big letdown.

It's smart if winning a ring is Durant's goal. They were a few points away from winning their second straight this year. They would be favorites coming into the season without KD. So barring injuries, he has a really great chance to finally win a ring. As for his legacy, it's a terrible move. If he was like Karl Malone, in the twilight of his career, it would be understandable to take the easy road to a ring. But KD was one game from making the finals this year. And his team just made a great trade that made them even better. He had a decent shot at winning one where he was. Although it would have been a lot of work overtaking Golden State, San Antonio, and Cleveland. But had he won it with OKC next year, he becomes a top 15 all-timer. Winning one with Golden State next year is ho-hum. Like I said yesterday, it's like him deciding to join team USA in Rio. Nice addition, but they are favorites already without you. A really lame move by any standards.

What if he wins 5-6 rings with them? I think all their legacies are greatly boosted, and no one cares about this move in after everything is said and done.

I said before this signing, KD is going to be scary next year. Last season he had to slowly but surely find his legs and rhythm. He's going to go into this season after playing in the Olympics, probably winning gold, and more hungry than anyone to win a ring. If he goes off for a 30/10/5 mega-MVP season, and he dominates Bron in the finals to win a ring, something tells me all the talk will be about how KD can become a top 5 all-time player. Maybe I'm wrong.

What is gonna be more impactfull on Durants legacy, winning a ring with the warriors or losing with them? They are supposed to win next year now, if they dont it will be a big letdown.

Exactly. It's not easy going into a season knowing that anything short of a championship is a choke job. They are so heavily favored now that I'm not even sure what KD would have to do for anyone to consider that a great move my Golden State. Short of Curry getting hurt and Durant carrying them for a stretch of time.

It is a risk, for sure. However, what if he loses to the Warriors next year, then Russ leaves? If the Warriors don't get KD this year, they would've gotten someone else and then KD wouldn't have been able to join them next year, then all of a sudden it looks like KD may never win a ring.

No matter how you feel, if KD doesn't do this, there is a decent chance he never wins a ring. If he never wins a ring, then his legacy would take a much bigger hit than doing what he did. Not only that, people would have looked back to THIS moment, and would have said he made a HUGE mistake by not joining the Warriors.

Paging Liz. Liz Franc

Newbie Jr was known for wishing injury on players.

There are glaring differences between what KD did and Wilt, Moses and the rest you mentioned.

* Wilt did not demand a trade from SF nor Philly. Nor did he leave to chase a ring - he had 1 already.

* Moses did not demand a trade. He left bcoz Houston was changing ownership and they did not want to pay him.

* Kareem cited cultural differences and needs for asking for a trade. And - he brought the Bucks a title before doing so.

* Malone was done, dead and at the end of his career. He asked for a trade to try for a ring and played all of 1 year more before retiring.

* Charles was already in his 30's, past his prime and playing for a bad team - he asked to be traded to have a shot to win.

* KD was the supposedly leader of one of the best teams in the league, 1 game away from the Finals, was up 3-1 in that series - then choked it away. He wasn't coming from a bottom feeder team.

Barkley was traded to the Rockets after they just repeated as champions, I love the dude but, he is the last dude that needs to be having this conversation. He was still in his early 30's when this happened if I recall.. He needs to pipe down this time around.

Clyde, Hakeem, Barkley.... Hrrmm..

It is without comparison...the lamest pooosayest move ever. Indefensible from a legacy perspective.

He mentioned Karl Malone but remember the 04 lakers signed Gary PAyton and Malone to try and win another ring. Superteams only really work with players in their prime. They did make the finals so I give credit there, but those pistons were just nasty.

Now its being reported that 41yr old Ray Allen is reaching out to see if either the Cavs or warriors want to sign him.

There are glaring differences between what KD did and Wilt, Moses and the rest you mentioned.

* Wilt did not demand a trade from SF nor Philly. Nor did he leave to chase a ring - he had 1 already.

* Moses did not demand a trade. He left bcoz Houston was changing ownership and they did not want to pay him.

* Kareem cited cultural differences and needs for asking for a trade. And - he brought the Bucks a title before doing so.

* Malone was done, dead and at the end of his career. He asked for a trade to try for a ring and played all of 1 year more before retiring.

* Charles was already in his 30's, past his prime and playing for a bad team - he asked to be traded to have a shot to win.

* KD was the supposedly leader of one of the best teams in the league, 1 game away from the Finals, was up 3-1 in that series - then choked it away. He wasn't coming from a bottom feeder team.

Fair enough. I think the point is LeBron is who made creating these 'super-teams' viewed as a negative thing. Super teams have always existed, starting with the Celtics in the 60s. They won 11 of 13 titles. They did it because they could poach future HOF players by simply being the best franchise. This is nothing new and really shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing.

Most people here probably think the 80s were the golden era of the NBA. The Celtics or the Lakers played in every single finals in the 80s. Only 5 total teams played in the finals during the 80s. Yes, I get you had the emergence of Jordan and him having to overcome the Celtics and Pistons and yada yada. It's the same thing right now. The new Jordan, i.e best player in the league that will have to topple a dynasty to get a title is Anthony Davis, and arguably Minnesota with Towns and Wiggins. Then there is the Celtics that have a really good core that could already take Cleveland to 6 or 7 games in a series. I think a lot of people just have this weird bias against the modern NBA, and maybe just modern society, that makes them blind to see that this is actually almost as good of an era as the 80s in the NBA. It really is.

As Bill Simmons pointed out, all these old timers are being super hypocritical and just wrong in saying HOFers coming together to make super teams are a bad thing, or that's not what THEY did. That is exactly what they did, and that is what the fans like, whether they want to admit it or not.

I mean, it's all personal opinion, but I really think that anyone saying it's bad for the NBA is just wrong. NBA will have higher ratings, will become more of a globally recognized and watched sport, and all other franchises will be forced to be smarter and more ambitious. People, whether they like to admit it or not, like to see dominance in sports. The Warriors truly have the potential to become the most dominant team in any sport we have seen in the modern era. Do you really think people AREN'T going to watch them?

I hated LeBron's Heat team, but I watched them whenever they were on, if not only to try to see them lose/fail. I think the Warriors will garner the same type of polarizing viewership.

What a coward. Nearly beat them in the west finals and doesn't have the guts to try to redeem himself so he is taking the easy way out by jumping on the bandwagon. No respect for any rings he wins.

This would be like Magic signing with the Celtics after the 84 finals, Isiah signing with the Lakers after the 88 finals, Jordan signing with the Pistons after the 90 East finals, Reggie signing with the Knicks are the 94 East Finals, and Ewing signing with the Bulls after the 93 East finals.

• Like 1