Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Have any of you done the ALS ice bucket challenge?

I just did tonight. Damn. I even cheated and put lukewarm water in the bucket. But poured in too much ice. Anyone else do it?

All you ever see are the cheap for focks who pour water on themselves instead of helping the cause and donating money. :thumbsdown:

It's everywhere on my Facebook, and I'm actually surprised I haven't been called out yet. I can only assume it's because I have been way less active on there in recent months.

If it happens, I'll likely make a joke of it. Maybe post a picture of me, and with AfterAffects have water poured on the picture, and then animate my mouth telling everything to go to hell. There will be cussing also

All you ever see are the cheap for focks who pour water on themselves instead of helping the cause and donating money. :thumbsdown:

yeah i dont fokcing get this... what the fock are all these people doing the point is to donate to the cause i bet 90% of these morons are not doing that, Whats the point idiots.

The ALS Foundation has raised 5.5 million dollars since July 29th. Compared to only $32,000 in that same time period last year. It's a great cause. Lost a great high school friend to this horrible disease.

The ALS Foundation has raised 5.5 million dollars since July 29th. Compared to only $32,000 in that same time period last year. It's a great cause. Lost a great high school friend to this horrible disease.

Wow.

If that's true, then I'll go out on a limb and say it's working.

Did you video it and post it to Facebook at least? If not its kind of pointless, it's for famous people. They have done a great job raising for the cause tho.

They should call it the 'put warm water and a couple ice cubes in a bucket wet t shirt contest'

I'm about to do it. I call it taking a shower.

Also, it is for a great cause and it's a hell of a lot better than planking.

It's everywhere on my Facebook, and I'm actually surprised I haven't been called out yet. I can only assume it's because I have been way less active on there in recent months.

If it happens, I'll likely make a joke of it. Maybe post a picture of me, and with AfterAffects have water poured on the picture, and then animate my mouth telling everything to go to hell. There will be cussing also

Ok... I'm calling you out here. I double dog dare you to do it!

Please post the video link here.

:wub:

yeah i dont fokcing get this... what the fock are all these people doing the point is to donate to the cause i bet 90% of these morons are not doing that, Whats the point idiots.

thats actually not true. Many people are doing it AND giving money. Read up on it. $$ donated is up major percentage. Idiot.

This.

I just did tonight. Damn. I even cheated and put lukewarm water in the bucket. But poured in too much ice. Anyone else do it?

Yes, over a week ago. Where you been?

I have done it. My whole family - wife, kids, did it too. And we donated 10bucks each to the cause.

I don't understand how/why anyone could be annoyed or angry that this went viral. To me, this stuff is part of what's so great about social media - over $5miliion rased simply because we have the technology to connect, communicate, and organize instantly.

Even those who are not donating are helping to spread the word - there' not need to be judgemental of them.

Great cause, but I those numbers are off...I was only aware cause I heard the numbers on the way in today.

As of Sunday, the association said it had received $13.3 million in donations since July 29, compared with $1.7 million during the same period last year. It said there were about 260,000 new donors. (With a spate of celebrities and business executives joining in over the past few days and pledging contributions, that number is expected to rise.)

You should do it too...can I suggest your the appropriate clothing you should wear, I'm thinking something that proves to everyone that the water was indeed cold. ;)

I have done it. My whole family - wife, kids, did it too. And we donated 10bucks each to the cause.

I don't understand how/why anyone could be annoyed or angry that this went viral. To me, this stuff is part of what's so great about social media - over $5miliion rased simply because we have the technology to connect, communicate, and organize instantly.

Even those who are not donating are helping to spread the word - there' not need to be judgemental of them.

So what if you suffer from some awful affliction that doesn't have a cutesy little viral marketing campaign? You're focked? Should probably hire a publicist or something?

I realize I'm a d1ck, but I find stuff like this annoying. And I've been donating to ALS research for a few years now ever since I met Steve Gleason and learned about the disease

So what if you suffer from some awful affliction that doesn't have a cutesy little viral marketing campaign? You're focked? Should probably hire a publicist or something?

I realize I'm a d1ck, but I find stuff like this annoying. And I've been donating to ALS research for a few years now ever since I met Steve Gleason

Is anyone working on this, cause I'm sure a lot of us would pitch in to help find a cure. :lol:

Is anyone working on this, cause I'm sure a lot of us would pitch in to help find a cure. :lol:

I don't need your charity :mad:

:lol:

So what if you suffer from some awful affliction that doesn't have a cutesy little viral marketing campaign?

hey - good thinking - we really shouldn't donate to any single charity because then we're leaving someone out.

Unless you can donate to EVERY charity, don't donate to any charities - it's just not "fair" and in your world, everyone has to get a trophy and everything must be "fair".

I realize I'm a d1ck, but I find stuff like this annoying. And I've been donating to ALS research for a few years now ever since I met Steve Gleason and learned about the disease

So I read that, and it reads as though you are implying that it's stupid to try and fix this disease unless we can fix every single disease at the same time.

I would say, lets try and solve problems. Even if it's one problem at a time. Then tomorrow we can reconvene and try and figure out what to do next. :dunno:

I think I may actually believe that Worms is an attorney - he's found a way to take something good, innocent, and positive and fock it up.

hey - good thinking - we really shouldn't donate to any single charity because then we're leaving someone out.

Unless you can donate to EVERY charity, don't donate to any charities - it's just not "fair" and in your world, everyone has to get a trophy and everything must be "fair".

I realize there's plenty of flaws in my thinking. Just telling you what my initial reaction is to stuff like this, but I am a cynical bastard so more power to you for looking on the bright side of things :cheers:

ALS to me in the worst disease there is.

To have your entire body stop working while your brain just remains in perfect condition.

ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease is absolute torture.

Take a few minutes and read up on Pete Frates

http://petefrates.com/

I realize I'm a d1ck

At least you're self aware.

How anyone can spin this negatively is beyond me. Out of all the dumb crap on social media out there, all the stupid little crap people post at least this is doing something postive, if only to raise awareness.

Go complain about something else.

At least you're self aware.

How anyone can spin this negatively is beyond me. Out of all the dumb crap on social media out there, all the stupid little crap people post at least this is doing something postive, if only to raise awareness.

Go complain about something else.

I agree 100%. Geezuz Christ Worms.

The biggest problem with this is I don't own a bucket. :mellow:

Worms is just pissed the bucket looks like a solo cup when lifted over his head

:lol:

I did it a couple of weeks ago. My kids have done it. The Mrs. was challenged and just paid the extra money. I still gave the $100 for mine.

I still can't get how people can complain about raising awareness and money for charity. :dunno:

• Like 1

I was called out twice, I did it and donated $20

The biggest problem with this is I don't own a bucket. :mellow:

Chickenshit... :P

I posted mine over at the other board.

I didn't want anyone to see it

I posted mine over at the other board.

I didn't want anyone to see it

Med said he would post one over there in which he simultaneously gives his girl a throat baby while having ice water poured over the front of her face.

He is framing this under the guise of a medical experiment intended to further the mind vs matter debate. Which will prove more powerful? The mind's desire to blow a load, or the body's natural tendency to shrink up like a turtle. I have to admit, I'm almost as fascinated as OldMaid and can't wait to see the results.