Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

SNOW

Kids missed 2 1/2 days of skool this week due to 12 inches and 35mph winds. I still had to work. :thumbsdown:

last night at my place

Ive grown to hate snow more and more but december snow isnt bad. We have had some snow but not a ton on the commute to work. I wasnt in snow mode. Remote started my car but the air wasnt left on. So was pretty useless. Cant find my car brush so used a big ass broom. Left early but not quite early enough.

I dont mind snow too much until christmas. After christmas im just dreamibg of golfing. Which is still 4 months away. I love the change of seasons here and not a fan of 90-100 all summer long in the south. But ai really hate january and february here. February more so since football is over and winter has really wore on you. February is such a crappy month.

Kids missed 2 1/2 days of skool this week due to 12 inches and 35mph winds. I still had to work. :thumbsdown:

You guys get a bunch of snow this week? We didn't get hardly anything.

I'm in Outing this weekend for a class. Hoping it's not a mess.

Western NY. Prolly got 6-8 inches overnight :softball:

Well there is your problem right there.

Well there is your problem right there.

Western NY. Ooof. Its like Alabama with snow.

Ive grown to hate snow more and more but december snow isnt bad. We have had some snow but not a ton on the commute to work. I wasnt in snow mode. Remote started my car but the air wasnt left on. So was pretty useless. Cant find my car brush so used a big ass broom. Left early but not quite early enough.

I dont mind snow too much until christmas. After christmas im just dreamibg of golfing. Which is still 4 months away. I love the change of seasons here and not a fan of 90-100 all summer long in the south. But ai really hate january and february here. February more so since football is over and winter has really wore on you. February is such a crappy month.

Yeah it definitely feels like the longest month. Once football ends it just blows.

It's about as cold as it gets down here right now... Got down into the upper 20's last night. But supposed to be back near 70 Sunday - tee times are already lined up.

It's about as cold as it gets down here right now... Got down into the upper 20's last night. But supposed to be back near 70 Sunday - tee times are already lined up.

I hope the greens froze out. :mad:

Low tonight here is suppose to be -22 I'll be ice fishing in no time. :pointstosky:

Good song

The radio station here cuts out like half of it, including the best part. It makes me :mad:

It's not like it's a long song in the first place...maybe a little repetitive. :dunno:

I hope the greens froze out. :mad:

Low tonight here is suppose to be -22 I'll be ice fishing in no time. :pointstosky:

I understand how you do it. But I don't understand why you do it. That's crazy cold.

Thanks informer....

Now it's snowing harder then ever :wall:

I was born in San Diego. I should be punched in the face in front of my friends and family for ever leaving

I understand how you do it. But I don't understand why you do it. That's crazy cold.

You would love ice fishing. We stay in a nice warm fish house. Drink from morning till we pass out. Eat fresh fish. Rinse and repeat. :cheers:

You would love ice fishing. We stay in a nice warm fish house. Drink from morning till we pass out. Eat fresh fish. Rinse and repeat. :cheers:

Do you ever worry about the ice giving away? I'd be scared to death it would.

Do you ever worry about the ice giving away? I'd be scared to death it would.

when you grow up with it and are on it so often, you never worry.

it's when/if you ever fall in you worry.

it's pretty freaking rare, unless you're a meatstick

I would definitely be into that. :cheers:

So when you drag your shanty out onto the ice, how do you pick a good spot? And how thick is the ice?

I would definitely be into that. :cheers:

So when you drag your shanty out onto the ice, how do you pick a good spot? And how thick is the ice?

I have a diesel pickup (7000 lbs) and the wheel house weighs 4000 lbs with men and gear, we are approaching 12,000 pounds. We wait until the ice is around 15 inches thick. We usually know we are in a good spot when we get stuck and say fock it, we're here. The lake we mainly fish on, we drive out around 5 miles. We always crack a beer when we first hit the ice. :cheers:

• Like 1

I live here too and I think he's fockin nuts.

Sattelite TV?

Cribbage/Euchre and beers till midnight.

The thing I hated about ice fishing was it's usually so damn slow.

I have a diesel pickup (7000 lbs) and the wheel house weighs 4000 lbs with men and gear, we are approaching 12,000 pounds. We wait until the ice is around 15 inches thick. We usually know we are in a good spot when we get stuck and say fock it, we're here. The lake we mainly fish on, we drive out around 5 miles. We always crack a beer when we first hit the ice. :cheers:

Red for crappies?

Five miles out? Why so far? Bigger fish? How many days do ya'll stay out there?

I like snow. Of course, I grew up in LA where we didn't even have seasons really. So I really like just having seasons. Seeing the colors change in the Fall; the snow. Helps that I can work from home when the weather sucks and that we don't get it that often, but I look forward to it.

:ninja:

Red for crappies?

Haven't caught a crappie out there in four years. The walleyes are biting very well though.

Five miles out? Why so far? Bigger fish? How many days do ya'll stay out there?

Like I said we go until we get stuck. J/K we try and get at least a half mile away from everyone else. There is not much structure on Upper Red lake. The lake is ten miles north and south and 30 miles east to west but the white man can only fish the first 10 miles the rest is Indian only. We stay out there for three to four days at a time. Head in at night to hit the resort's bar.

If one goes 5 miles out and camps - where do you drop a deuce? :unsure:

We built a couple of drop down wheel houses that are 24 feet long. the first 4 feet is the shitter with a separate door so you don't stink out the other guys. You shat into a garbage bag and tie it off, throw it on the ice to freeze and throw them in the garbage when you leave the ice.

Is there a rule or accepted amount of holes per square area ?? I mean you cant have 10 holes in a 40 by 100 plot.

Just throwing numbers out there.

Regulations ?

Probably another foot overnight, it looks like Siberia around here

Where in Western NY ? Not near Watertown are ya ? Or more like Rochester/Buffalo?

Now it's snowing harder then ever :wall:

I was born in San Diego. I should be punched in the face in front of my friends and family for ever leaving

I live in Rochester. Why would you ever leave SD for Western NY? Only reason im still here is friends & family

Where in Western NY ? Not near Watertown are ya ? Or more like Rochester/Buffalo?

About an hour south of Buffalo. Only about 10 minutes from Pennsylvania.

I live in Rochester. Why would you ever leave SD for Western NY? Only reason im still here is friends & family

Same basically. My dad was stationed there in the Navy when I was born. Rest of my family was back here.

About an hour south of Buffalo. Only about 10 minutes from Pennsylvania.

At least you are a Bills fan (I think) and not a Shitsburg fan. Bills are second favorite team in Shots House.