Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Add Matt Lauer to the list

Anyone worried about this trend ruining movies and TV? It almost seems like creativity is synonymous with dysfunction, so what will things be like when we have a bunch of Hank Hills and Ned Flanderses writing and producing? :dunno:

Ruin what? Im sure they can find somebody to make the seventeenth Batman vs. aqua man no problem.

Ruin what? Im sure they can find somebody to make the seventeenth Batman vs. aqua man no problem.

This.

the fock

Shakespeare, Rush? Ever hear of them? Uncouth troglodyte.

What follows is an incomplete list -- and it goes back only back two years -- because who the hell can keep track anymore? It is a list of famous, now infamous, names. It is a list of shame. It is a list of the costs and consequences, and lack thereof, of sexual harassment accusations In the last 24 months:

Bill Cosby lost his career and reputation.

Roger Ailes lost his job at Fox News.

Bill O'Reilly lost his job at Fox News -- and at least $32 million.

Billy Bush left his job at NBC -- for basically just standing there on a bus and laughing along.

Harvey Weinstein lost his job and his wife.

Kevin Spacey lost his job. He was dropped from his show. His movie was recast.

David Sweeney lost his job. He was NPR's chief news editor. Michael Oreskes, senior vice president of news and editorial director at NPR, resigned.

Brett Ratner lost his job. He had a $450 million movie deal with Warner Brothers.

Glenn Thrush was suspended from the New York Times.

Mark Halperin lost his job at MSNBC and his book and movie deals.

Charlie Rose lost his jobs at PBS and CBS and Bloomberg cut ties with him.

And now, Matt Lauer has lost his job. Where in the world is Matt Lauer? I don't know. Under a rock somewhere. He is certainly no longer at NBC's "Today" show

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/29/opinions/congress-sexual-harassment-navarro-opinion/index.html

This morning Yashar Ali with New York Mag and Huffington Post was tweeting:

Lauer is among the worst I've heard about. Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff.

Matt Lauer put the fear of god into these women. He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that.

I, and other reporters, have been aware of several women who have come forward privately in the past few months ...even before Weinstein. They weren’t willing to go public though...they were terrified of Matt.

If I had to guess (yesterday) he strikes me as the type that would be game for any sexual opportunity with a reasonably attractive woman, and more so if even more attractive, but also that he would be assuming it's consensual and would let an uncomfortable woman go. Sounds like he abused his power though.

Also, I almost posted this pic of him last night for a caption this pic thread. Would have been interesting timing.

Yashar Ali added,

That was 20 years ago.

Some of the allegations that are being made and getting huge media coverage by the way are twice that age. So how does this work? We discount any stories of liars Liars from 20 years ago but we assume anything brought up 40 years ago is automatically valid?

And again, there are far more recent stories as well.

Again, I'm just advocating four common sense and due process here. If somebody is truly dirty, if there's a preponderance of evidence for multiple users? Then bury the f*****.

But this crap that a woman is shaking and shivering and whimpering and sniffling 40 years after getting her fully clothed butt cheek touched? Because me too! Me too! Now it's trendy! Yeah, not buying it.

All the world is indeed a stage. We are merely players, performers and portrayers.

Fake news. What about their agents?

Some of the allegations that are being made and getting huge media coverage by the way are twice that age. So how does this work? We discount any stories of liars Liars from 20 years ago but we assume anything brought up 40 years ago is automatically valid?

And again, there are far more recent stories as well.

Again, I'm just advocating four common sense and due process here. If somebody is truly dirty, if there's a preponderance of evidence for multiple users? Then bury the f*****.

But this crap that a woman is shaking and shivering and whimpering and sniffling 40 years after getting her fully clothed butt cheek touched? Because me too! Me too! Now it's trendy! Yeah, not buying it.

I'm at a loss at how you are claiming Duke Lacrosse invalidates the current movement. Am I allowed to randomly bring up someone like Brock Turner to now invalidate Duke? I'd argue that they are both irrelevant, but maybe I'm confused.

The part of my post you ignored speaks to the larger point.

Perfection isn't attainable Wiff. I know it and you know it. With that in mind, you seem to have weighed it and decided that thousands of women having their lives negatively affected or often ruined by men committing sexual assault, sexual harassment, or rape is preferable to a lesser number of men having to change jobs when they were falsely accused of something.

If we judge every group or situation by it's worst case scenario, we may as well burn the world to the ground. I tend to think it's healthier and more pragmatic to look at the whole and judge situations in their totality. A lot more good is being done here for a lot more people than bad

uhhh... yeah... the whole "button under the desk to lock the office door" is evil villain stuff - Lauer may be the creepiest of the creeps.

and, logistically... how does that get installed? Lauer fills out a facility help ticket? The crew comes in and installs the button and lock?

Does Lauer test it while they are there... "no, this wont do... the locking mechanism is too loud - I need something more discreet, quieter".

uhhh... yeah... the whole "button under the desk to lock the office door" is evil villain stuff - Lauer may be the creepiest of the creeps.

and, logistically... how does that get installed? Lauer fills out a facility help ticket? The crew comes in and installs the button and lock?

Does Lauer test it while they are there... "no, this wont do... the locking mechanism is too loud - I need something more discreet, quieter".

If you have a big office and don't want to get up to lock the door, it's completely feasible to have it installed. more so to UNLOCK it, maybe not lock it. I could see someone saying to their secretary, "hey sweettits, mind locking the door on your way out"

I am sure other people have them, that don't use it to lock women in their office?

I'm at a loss at how you are claiming Duke Lacrosse invalidates the current movement. Am I allowed to randomly bring up someone like Brock Turner to now invalidate Duke? I'd argue that they are both irrelevant, but maybe I'm confused.

The part of my post you ignored speaks to the larger point.

You keep moving the motherfuking goalposts. You asked for specific request I answer specific request. you change the request what the f*** man?

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “-—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

Matt Lauer is a member of FFToday? :shocking:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/matt-lauer-accused-of-sexual-harassment-by-multiple-women-exclusive/ar-BBFW34I?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=ientp

I haven't really followed this but I saw where he said "nice view, yadda yadda...." to Vieira I think it was. Creepy motherfocker. :thumbsup:

If you have a big office and don't want to get up to lock the door, it's completely feasible to have it installed. more so to UNLOCK it, maybe not lock it. I could see someone saying to their secretary, "hey sweettits, mind locking the door on your way out"

I am sure other people have them, that don't use it to lock women in their office?

I haven't read up on Lauer, but have seen the headlines about the door locking button...

Frankly, that's just cool. Imagine you aren't sexually harassing or sexually assaulting anyone, but you do have a few things going with a few of the ladies around the office. They come in, you flirt, things get a little frisky.....you want to stop the momentum by having to get up and walk 30 feet to lock a door? Nope. Hit the button and keep things going.

Now of course if you are using the button to lock women in....bad.........but if you got something going on and want to quickly lock others out.....smooth.

nah... sorry man... if you have a button under your office desk to lock your office door you are a power-tripping creep.

I can only imagine what his IT department sees in his browser history.

I haven't read up on Laur, but have seen the headlines about the door locking button...

Frankly, that's just cool.

no doubt it's cool in a James Bond kinda' way... but it's not for your office AT WORK!

put it in your office at home... for when your wife or girlfriend comes in - no problem.

no different than his browser... surf, search for whatever you want at home... NOT AT WORK!

nah... sorry man... if you have a button under your office desk to lock your office door you are a power-tripping creep.

Thankfully I am IT or I'd be focked :ninja:

I haven't read up on Laur, but have seen the headlines about the door locking button...

Frankly, that's just cool. Imagine you aren't sexually harassing or sexually assaulting anyone, but you do have a few things going with a few of the ladies around the office. They come in, you flirt, things get a little frisky.....you want to stop the momentum by having to get up and walk 30 feet to lock a door? Nope. Hit the button and keep things going.

Now of course if you are using the button to lock women in....bad.........but if you got something going on and want to quickly lock others out.....smooth.

Agreed. Sign me up for one at home. Bit of a buzzkill when the wife and I think we hear one of the kids and we didn't lock the door.

• Like 1

Or both :pointstosky:

You keep moving the motherfuking goalposts. You asked for specific request I answer specific request. you change the request what the f*** man?

I didn't move the goal posts. This thread is related to the current movement going down. When you see the thread title "Add Matt Laur to the list", it means the list with Weinstein, Rose, Ratner, etc. Nobody thought it meant the list with Darren Sharper and Roman Polanski. At least i would be shocked if they thought it meant that list.

So when I asked "What all guys out there have had their lives ruined and didn't deserve for their actions to be made public?", it should have been obvious that I was speaking within the context of the topic at hand as opposed to talking about Woody Allen.

I didn't move the goal posts. This thread is related to the current movement going down. When you see the thread title "Add Matt Laur to the list", it means the list with Weinstein, Rose, Ratner, etc. Nobody thought it meant the list with Darren Sharper and Roman Polanski. At least i would be shocked if they thought it meant that list.

So when I asked "What all guys out there have had their lives ruined and didn't deserve for their actions to be made public?", it should have been obvious that I was speaking within the context of the topic at hand as opposed to talking about Woody Allen.

MAKE YOUR PICK :mad:

Have all these women filed police reports?

We have lost freedom of speech, is innocent until proven guilty going away too?

The reporting sucks too, when you report that someone was sexually assaulted no one has a clue to what actually happened.

Matt Lauer, the disgraced former anchor of NBC's "Today" show who was fired Wednesday for inappropriate sexual behavior, once summoned a married female employee to his office, locked the door and sexually assaulted her until she passed out, the New York Times reported after interviewing the accuser.

What does that mean? What actually happened?

Have all these women filed police reports?

We have lost freedom of speech, is innocent until proven guilty going away too?

The reporting sucks too, when you report that someone was sexually assaulted no one has a clue to what actually happened.

Matt Lauer, the disgraced former anchor of NBC's "Today" show who was fired Wednesday for inappropriate sexual behavior, once summoned a married female employee to his office, locked the door and sexually assaulted her until she passed out, the New York Times reported after interviewing the accuser.

G0ddammit I agree with Phurfur :shocking:

Sounds like he's really good at it.

Remember when Laurer went at O'Reilly?

AWWWKKKWARD

You know it really doesnt mean much that, as a journalist, he went after people accused of sexual misconduct.

I mean I get that its funny now, so thats cool.

But if youre trying to get more out of it (like the alt-rights attempt to discredit all journalism), thats just silly. Professionally it was his obligation to follow the story regardless of his own personal life and transgressions. Thats called being professional :dunno:

Lauer and O'Reilly sitting face to face, across from one another... is a PERFECT example of how 'tarded the lefties and righties are.

YOU ARE THE SAME FOCKING THING!!!

partisan doosh-bags

You know it really doesnt mean much that, as a journalist, he went after people accused of sexual misconduct.

I mean I get that its funny now, so thats cool.

But if youre trying to get more out of it (like the alt-rights attempt to discredit all journalism), thats just silly. Professionally it was his obligation to follow the story regardless of his own personal life and transgressions. Thats called being professional :dunno:

It's about discrediting corporate, mainstream journalism, not all. And they should be discredited. Who cares who does it?

Lauer and O'Reilly sitting face to face, across from one another... is a PERFECT example of how 'tarded the lefties and righties are.

YOU ARE THE SAME FOCKING THING!!!

partisan doosh-bags

:thumbsup:

It's about discrediting corporate, mainstream journalism, not all. And they should be discredited. Who cares who does it?

Thanks for the admission :thumbsup:

Cbfailcon, I'm so done with you. You ask a question, I f****** answer it. Then you say no but obviously what I meant was...

To answer your last f****** moving goalposts. How the f*** do we know? Most of these accusations and that's all they are are less than one f****** month old? None of them have been adjudicated. None of them have been proven. And you want me to name a list of guys whose lives were ruined based upon lies? And you want to narrow down to the list of people named in less than the last month?

F*** you. That's the dumbest s*** I've ever heard.

Did we know the Duke b**** was lying two weeks after she made the allegation? No. It took f****** months. Any of these other cases of false claims finally getting proven false? Took months or motherfuking years.

But now, after getting your ass handed to you on every other question. Now you want it narrowed down to people who made accusations in the last 2 to 4 weeks and whether or not any of those allegations were ultimately proven untrue. Yeah let me jump in my f****** time machine and I'll get right back with you as soon as I dust off the DeLorean.

Dumb ass mother fockrr.

• Like 1

Cbfailcon, I'm so done with you. You ask a question, I f****** answer it. Then you say no but obviously what I meant was...

To answer your last f****** moving goalposts. How the f*** do we know? Most of these accusations and that's all they are are less than one f****** month old? None of them have been adjudicated. None of them have been proven. And you want me to name a list of guys whose lives were ruined based upon lies? And you want to narrow down to the list of people named in less than the last month?

F*** you. That's the dumbest s*** I've ever heard.

Did we know the Duke b**** was lying two weeks after she made the allegation? No. It took f****** months. Any of these other cases of false claims finally getting proven false? Took months or motherfuking years.

But now, after getting your ass handed to you on every other question. Now you want it narrowed down to people who made accusations in the last 2 to 4 weeks and whether or not any of those allegations were ultimately proven untrue. Yeah let me jump in my f****** time machine and I'll get right back with you as soon as I dust off the DeLorean.

Dumb ass mother fockrr.

Wiff.....you make some good points and you make some horrible points, but that doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. Here is hoping the best for you.

Remember when Laurer went at O'Reilly?

AWWWKKKWARD

That or Lauer grilling Corey Feldman.

This guy's net worth is about to go in the toilet. If I were Lauer, I'd move out of the country to keep the lawsuits away. Go to some banana republic like Argentina or something.

Takes a big man to admit his mistakes. I appreciate that Matt came clean in his statement. You gotta respect the fact he's being honest.

Takes a big man to admit his mistakes. I appreciate that Matt came clean in his statement. You gotta respect the fact he's being honest.

:lol:

Most sociopaths do confess...........................once they're caught.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/30/matt-lauer-reportedly-seeking-30-million-from-nbc-following-firing-for-sexual-harassment.html

He sure is owning this...............and wants $30 million from NBC for being fired. :doh:

They might want to hang onto that $30 mil to pay once they discover executives turned a blind eye to this all these years.