Sign in to follow this  
shotsup

Pokemon Go

If I played it or not, I think it's a neat idea not just as an active game for kids but one that promotes visiting historic landmarks in your town..

Unfortunately it seems to be appealing more to the generation that grew up with the initial gameboy game and even the cartoon. I remember my younger bro watching that cartoon every morning before school

My GF is getting a ride home from a co worker yesterday and the co worker is driving while playing Pokemon Go. My GF asks her not to do that while she's driving and the girl hands her the phone and says "Ok then you do it.".

:wall:

I'm still too busy not giving any shiats about Game of Thrones to dedicate any give a shiats to this right now.

Privacy issues too: http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/11/technology/pokemon-go-coding-error-emails/index.html

The makers of Pokemon Go -- the insanely popular smartphone game -- were forced to make emergency fixes to the game because the app gave the company an unprecedented level of access into players' personal lives.

For some users with iPhones, signing into the game with the most convenient option -- using your Google account -- allows the gaming company to read your emails.

That's because the Pokemon Go app gets "full access" to your Google account. It's something most apps don't dare demand.

Google settings state that "full access" means Pokemon Go "can see and modify nearly all information in your Google Account."

That includes access to email, according to Google.

If I had no life this would sound interesting.

so, you downloaded it?

• Like 1

so, you downloaded it?

no but will gleefully make fun of those that do.

You play it, don't you. Go ahead admit it. :lol:

Ironic that a bunch of guys who met on a website where they play fantasy GM are making fun of somebody else's uber-game.

He already did you Pollack

Geez, 14 year olds are so defensive. :(

When you get to the 8th grade you'll understand.

I'll never tell....

Also why does it bother you that some people can have well rounded lives that include having fun with silly phone games? Are you anti all video games? Is it only acceptable to be a with strangers on a lightly trafficked message board?

I'll never tell....

Also why does it bother you that some people can have well rounded lives that include having fun with silly phone games? Are you anti all video games? Is it only acceptable to be a ###### with strangers on a lightly trafficked message board?

he's anti imagination

I'll never tell....

Also why does it bother you that some people can have well rounded lives that include having fun with silly phone games? Are you anti all video games? Is it only acceptable to be a ###### with strangers on a lightly trafficked message board?

tiger woods golf is cool :dunno:

I hope you find your Pokemon :(

tiger woods golf is cool :dunno:

I hope you find your Pokemon :(

I'm still trying to catch that elusive wild drobeski.

Don't put him in a cage. :nono:

especially after he was just let out for the day

This could potentially be a great way for any brick-and-mortar business to get some extra foot traffic.

This could potentially be a great way for any brick-and-mortar business to get some extra foot traffic.

My Bartenders last night were spamming their social media accounts saying they caught a Pikachu while working. :lol:

Not even 24 hours and I'm done with it.

Gave it a chance, not really that interesting.

Ironic that a bunch of guys who met on a website where they play fantasy GM are making fun of somebody else's uber-game.

:D

My GF is getting a ride home from a co worker yesterday and the co worker is driving while playing Pokemon Go. My GF asks her not to do that while she's driving and the girl hands her the phone and says "Ok then you do it.".

:wall:

Dude, you know the rules around here...which pokemon? :mad:

I'm surprised this thread has gotten so many replies

Why? 2 days into it it was more downloaded on android devices than tinder

you Sir have won the day.. enjoy!!

The novelty wore off for me after a few days. Possibly because the servers suck but also because to do anything like control the nearby gym you have to be a student on vacation or jobless. People have their pokemon at crazy high levels around here so I can't with people anymore :D

My Bartenders last night were spamming their social media accounts saying they caught a Pikachu while working. :lol:

It is great marketing, tried to do it with one of the companies I market for (mom and pop restaurant in Orlando) they shut it down, oh well.

I am one of the VERY few people who grew up in the 90s that never got into Pokemon.

I haven't downloaded the app, but it is just FASCINATING how this app is suddenly changing the world. I really like how it pushes people to be active and explore the world around them, even though they don't really take their eyes off the phone the whole time. Even though I will probably never partake, I think it's a really cool and fun fad :thumbsup:

Its pure insanity how fast this game took over the world. Fastest to no.1, made nintendos stock rise overnight over 10%, is immediately the talk of social media. Even non gamers are asking me about it. I never was into pokemon and not into going outside much so its just not for me. Its not some insanely great, addicting game, its pretty shallow and weak. My wife is sick of hearing about it every day all day on social media.

Imagine middle and high schools, it must be all anyone does or talks about right now.

I am one of the VERY few people who grew up in the 90s that never got into Pokemon.

I haven't downloaded the app, but it is just FASCINATING how this app is suddenly changing the world. I really like how it pushes people to be active and explore the world around them, even though they don't really take their eyes off the phone the whole time. Even though I will probably never partake, I think it's a really cool and fun fad :thumbsup:

I was too involved with Magic the Gathering to give a sh1t about pokemon at the time.

Luckily I don't do social media so I really.only hear about it from my closer friends so the stories are funny and not annoying and tiresome.

Example. Friend of mine said he stopped at a real gym that was a Pokémon gym. He beat it, unlocked it and INSTANTLY the gym manager ran outside to reclaim it :D