Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

You want a deep sleeper?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000521464/Can-t-Miss-Play-Lockett-63-yard-touchdown?icampaign=nflcom-ht-homepage-videoswap_generic_nfl&module=HP11_cp

Tyler Lockett. The rest of the receiving core in SEA sucks. Wilson came into the game just for this play to see if it would work. Well hot damn it worked. That one play was more than any other Seattle receiver did all preseason. I have him stashed in dynasty as more of a hopeful 2016 guy. His time may come sooner if Wilson decides he wants a receiver who can actually make plays.

hes been on my watch list for a while. good candidate.

pick one of these 3....Lockett, Brandon Coleman, Funchess.....we get points for return yards in our league

I was hoping Funchess would look better last night but only 2 catches?

the only other think I'm debating is whether to pickup Matt Jones instead for RB depth..any thoughts

my current RB's are

Le'Veon Bell

Jeremy Hill

Jonathan Stewart

Reggie Bush

Shane Vereen

WR's

Landry

Allen Robinson

Charles Johnson

Boldin

Agholar

Funchess(who I'm debating on dropping)

Kid is going to be money in leagues that have return yards, I'm honestly thinking about putting him in my flex in my main money league that has return yards over Davante Adams / Alshon Jeffery.

Look at the facts :

Seattle defense forces a lot of three and outs, thus giving him a plethora of punt return opportunities every game.

Seattle special teams consist of the best special teams players, they even play their superstars on special teams.

The fact that he'll be working in the slot with Jimmy Graham chewing up the middle of the field means plenty of opportunities for him to get easy single coverage.

The only thing that surprises me is how low this kid's Sparq score was seeing as how he's routinely busting long plays.

• Like 1

They were really talking him up on Sirius XM NFL Radio this afternoon. Sound like he's gaining a lot of respect.

ok, so take him over Funchess, and Matt Jones looking at my roster? Yes we do get 1 pt. per 15 return yards

You get one point per 15 return yards??? Dang, my main league does one for every 40.

Lockett might be a high end WR2 or low-end WR1 in that league

Ok it's .7 per 15 yards...think I'm dropping Funchess....upside of Lockett outweighs the targets Funchess may get

Even then, that's just incredible. Don't waste time replying, go pick him up

Think of it this way, a return out of the end zone just to the 20 yard line would be up to 1.5 points. If he did that four times in a game, you have 3 receptions for 30 yards in a PPR league for free.

On that TD catch the Raiders had one of their bigger corners Keith McGill in man coverage on Lockett. Though he runs a 4.44 forty McGill was like a dalmatian chasing a fire truck.

Damn.

Coleman sucks? How do you figure? Dudes

Been lighting it up in camp just had a great pre season game and he's starting opposite of cooks. Some people shouldn't be allowed to post.

the only other think I'm debating is whether to pickup Matt Jones instead for RB depth..any thoughts

my current RB's are

Le'Veon Bell

Jeremy Hill

Jonathan Stewart

Reggie Bush

Shane Vereen

WR's

Landry

Allen Robinson

Charles Johnson

Boldin

Agholar

Funchess(who I'm debating on dropping)

RB depth, wow I have no interest in Lockett but your WRs give me the shivers.

Been lighting it up in camp just had a great pre season game and he's starting opposite of cooks. Some people shouldn't be allowed to post.

You cite one preseason game. But he sucked in the other ones. Some people are great in camp and bad in real game situations. Not saying this is necessarily the case with Coleman, but he's far from a reliable option.

In the case of Lockett...he could be in for a John Brown type year this season. That's his upside. I don't think Coleman would even sniff that type of output for at least another year.

Oh wow a camp allstar! You base your rankings off of that coach speak? Everyone "looks good" in camp. When has the second/third option ever been reliable with Brees?

- i have 2 drafts left next week, and Lockett is gonna find his way on to both rosters, hopefully ... kid has impressive jets, and can 'make his own shot' out there ... with an improvising qb like St.Russel, that can yield some very huge dividends :thumbsup:

anyone in return leagues needs to roster asap ... can't do much better than that advice :dunno:

Who would you drop to add Lockett? I'm in a return yardage league - as you can probably tell by my roster.

My Roster:

QB: Brady

RB: Forte, Ingram

WR: Julio, Landry, Edelman

TE: Kelce

BN: Rivers, Gio, D. Adams, Duke, Terrance Williams, Wheaton

Who would you drop to add Lockett? I'm in a return yardage league - as you can probably tell by my roster.

My Roster:

Nobody.

Let's all pump the brakes.

Coming in from a return yardage point of view I think Lockett can outscore Terrance Williams this year. Is that that far off? I've been doing some reading up on this guy and he seems explosive and will be the main return guy for SEA.

Is Lockett going to be a Martavis Bryant, Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd type; where when it comes time to fill in the last flex spot, you're a little hesitant to go for the boom-or-bust big play potential vs another player on your roster that offers steadier production ?

(In that vein I might drop Terrance Williams over Wheaton in gardenstate's roster as I see Williams as another boom or bust type but Wheaton as someone who'd be valued more for floor than ceiling.)

Coming in from a return yardage point of view I think Lockett can outscore Terrance Williams this year. Is that that far off? I've been doing some reading up on this guy and he seems explosive and will be the main return guy for SEA.

Yes drop TWill

My Roster:

I'm intrigued that you have Davante Adams on your bench and Landry and Edelman starting ahead of him. Myself, I value Landry over Adams for two reasons. I see Landry as Tannehill's #1 vs Adams as Rodgers' #2 and Tannehill and Landry are already in sync whereas it might take a little time for Rodgers and Adams to regain sync in Adam's new position. Yet, Voltaire in the Davante Adams thread this morning valued Adams over Landry, Cooper and Keeenan Allen. So I checked the latest ADP (PPR drafts for 9/3 and 9/4) and Adams is being picked at 3.11, Cooper at 4.05, Allen at 5.03 and Edelman at 5.09.

So I'm giving Adams another think for DFS purposes and you might want to as well. Still, though, I'd like to hear your thoughts as to why you're starting starting Landry and Edelman over Adams in light of those ADP rankings (granted, that ADP measurement doesn't fully reflect an available Tom Brady for wk 1).

I'm intrigued that you have Davante Adams on your bench and Landry and Edelman starting ahead of him. Myself, I value Landry over Adams for two reasons. I see Landry as Tannehill's #1 vs Adams as Rodgers' #2 and Tannehill and Landry are already in sync whereas it might take a little time for Rodgers and Adams to regain sync in Adam's new position. Yet, Voltaire in the Davante Adams thread this morning valued Adams over Landry, Cooper and Keeenan Allen. So I checked the latest ADP (PPR drafts for 9/3 and 9/4) and Adams is being picked at 3.11, Cooper at 4.05, Allen at 5.03 and Edelman at 5.09.

So I'm giving Adams another think for DFS purposes and you might want to as well. Still, though, I'd like to hear your thoughts as to why you're starting starting Landry and Edelman over Adams in light of those ADP rankings (granted, that ADP measurement doesn't fully reflect an available Tom Brady for wk 1).

Actually haven't fully set my lineup yet but Landry is a must start for me as he has had a great camp and is a return man. He finished top 10 last season among WR in my league as well. Edelman I'm on the fence about because of his injuries which no one seems to know much about. I think he does return duties to an extent as well.

Adams was an absolute steal for me. We were drafting when the Nelson news broke. And everyone at the same time realized "oh ###### - Adams!" and it happened to be my pick and I snagged him. I wanted to see how he did in his first game before deciding whether or not to start him ahead of Edelman. Regardless I'm keeping a close eye on Edelmans injury status. Would hate to slot him in and find out hes limited/not doing returns.

Actually haven't fully set my lineup yet but Landry is a must start for me as he has had a great camp and is a return man. He finished top 10 last season among WR in my league as well. Edelman I'm on the fence about because of his injuries which no one seems to know much about. I think he does return duties to an extent as well.

Adams was an absolute steal for me. We were drafting when the Nelson news broke. And everyone at the same time realized "oh ###### - Adams!" and it happened to be my pick and I snagged him. I wanted to see how he did in his first game before deciding whether or not to start him ahead of Edelman. Regardless I'm keeping a close eye on Edelmans injury status. Would hate to slot him in and find out hes limited/not doing returns.

Adams is playing the Bears the first game. Thats a must start for me.

Nobody.

Let's all pump the brakes.

Agree with this post .

• Like 1

I'm not in a return yardage league so I guess this makes Lockett somewhat irrelevant. Or not? Which one?

I'm not in a return yardage league so I guess this makes Lockett somewhat irrelevant. Or not? Which one?

I think hes still a solid sleeper. What if he becomes Wilsons favorite receiver? If i were Wilson it would be Graham and Tlock all day.

Not so unknown but they need to get this kid integrated in the offense ASAP. They gave up quite a bit to move up and draft him, something Schneider/Carroll never do. He's been every hyperbolic metaphor you can think of this preseason.

Might take a while until he's a consistent part of the offense. I still think he will just be a much needed ST standout until about the half way point and even then Seattle runs. He could be the most exciting part of Seattle's annual late season surge and help out a lot during fantasy playoffs.

Seattle crushed it on their top two picks this year.

I am even more confident in my Seattle defense pick because of Lockett in my big money league. I think i was third person to take a D

Even though I am not in a return league, I picked him up and dropped Breshad Perriman thinking he wouldn't be back until week 4. Now, John Harbaugh is saying he could be ready week one. Who has the biggest upside?

Watched lockett his whole career in college. there's several reasons to think he can hit the ground running as a wr even as a rookie. he's a tremendous route runner and has high football IQ mostly thanks to his dad Kevin lockett who had a cup of coffee with the chiefs. to me he grades as a possession receiver with his hands and ability to get open. that's not to say he doesn't have the speed to separate in this league. his speed is deceptive though as he doesn't run the fastest 40 but in his favor is pads-on he loses nothing. (I always wondered why anyone would care about pads-off speed). He isn't the biggest guy though so I don't see him battling too many guys one on one in straight line deep throws.

the biggest risk to lockett will be health as he dealt with hamstring issues a lot in college plus again he's not a big kid. I think he's in a good situation in that Seattle doesn't have a lot of wr talent ahead of him. worth a flyer for sure imo, my problem is in my short bench league I don't know who I'd drop. Wheaton? Da. Johnson? Hillman? Dalton? Wheaton I'm going to monitor a few weeks while Bryant is gone then I will consider the move, if he's still available.

Another DEEEEEEEEP sleeper is Jarryd Haynes, been paying attention all preseason. If this dude never played rugby and was a football player his entire him he is an RB1 4-6 years. I'm snagging him if I can, might only get two decent seasons out of him, but you never know.

Watched lockett his whole career in college. there's several reasons to think he can hit the ground running as a wr even as a rookie. he's a tremendous route runner and has high football IQ mostly thanks to his dad Kevin lockett who had a cup of coffee with the chiefs. to me he grades as a possession receiver with his hands and ability to get open. that's not to say he doesn't have the speed to separate in this league. his speed is deceptive though as he doesn't run the fastest 40 but in his favor is pads-on he loses nothing. (I always wondered why anyone would care about pads-off speed). He isn't the biggest guy though so I don't see him battling too many guys one on one in straight line deep throws.

the biggest risk to lockett will be health as he dealt with hamstring issues a lot in college plus again he's not a big kid. I think he's in a good situation in that Seattle doesn't have a lot of wr talent ahead of him. worth a flyer for sure imo, my problem is in my short bench league I don't know who I'd drop. Wheaton? Da. Johnson? Hillman? Dalton? Wheaton I'm going to monitor a few weeks while Bryant is gone then I will consider the move, if he's still available.

He isnt the biggest guy, but he is the same size as Antonio Brown.