Sign in to follow this  
Maroon Bells

Which WR surprises you?

After making a couple mistakes in my draft (non-PPR), I have a weak bottom end at WR. These are a few of the receivers who were left undrafted in my draft. Anyone on this list get your blood racing?

• Jerrico Cotchery

• Nate Washington

• Kenny Stills

• Kenny Britt

• Jordan Matthews

• Aaron Dobson

• Dexter McCluster

I'm in the exact same situation, with the exception of being ppr. Debating between Britt, Dobson and Quick. Might even take a flyer on Mathews, looks like he has the tools.

After making a couple mistakes in my draft (non-PPR), I have a weak bottom end at WR. These are a few of the receivers who were left undrafted in my draft. Anyone on this list get your blood racing?

• Jerrico Cotchery

• Nate Washington

• Kenny Stills

• Kenny Britt

• Jordan Matthews

• Aaron Dobson

• Dexter McCluster

Matthews will have a impact . I did like what I was reading about Britt but when Bradford went down ,that changed my opinion about picking him up .

Jordan Matthews has talent and opportunity. He's the guy I'd pick from that list.

This

Mccluster is an rb

McClusterfock is both RB and WR eligible in ESPN, which makes him attractive in deep leagues. I hate the guy, but I grabbed him late in a 12 team PPR where we start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 2 Flex. I know he is not built like Woodhead and can't run between the tackles like Woodhead, but if he is going to play some variation of that role, he has potential PPR value given the RB/WR designation. Plus, that backfield is a mess, and I thin his role changes little no matter how the Green v. Sankey thing plays out.

As for other dudes on the OP's list, I like Stills. He isn't getting much love and is banged up, but he is going undrafted in a lot of leagues despite his upside.

Jordan Matthews has talent and opportunity. He's the guy I'd pick from that list.

I liked what he did at Vandy, but I'm having trouble seeing a rookie, part-time player having much of an impact. For example, I know the offense in St. Louis ain't the Eagles, but from all indications Britt is the #1 receiver in that offense. Matthews strikes me as one of those 12 pt one week and 2 the next type players.

Sure some of those guys have potential.. but who are the bottom end WRs on your bench? and who would you drop to pick them up?

Have to know that in order to tell you if it's worth it

Sure some of those guys have potential.. but who are the bottom end WRs on your bench? and who would you drop to pick them up?

Have to know that in order to tell you if it's worth it

Well the mistake I made was having 3 or 4 too many beers and drafting a 2nd kicker, so I have a roster spot to fill with either Britt, Matthews, Stills or Dobson—the four that I've narrowed this to. Any preference?

Matthews has great upside in a great offense, but I doubt he'll ever be more than their 3rd WR this season. Is that enough?

Dobson has Brady and should be the deep guy in that offense, but Thompkins worries me.

Stills is hurt right now, but over the course of the season, might have the highest floor among the four.

Britt is apparently the #1 receiver in St. Louis, so no matter what you think of him (or the Rams), that's hard to ignore on the waiver wire.

• Like 1

Mathews will be in the slot and won't be getting other teams best player shadowing him.

Attention will be on Maclin and Cooper. I think Mathews balls...

Stills

Britt

Dobson

Matthews

In no particular order, though I would personally lean towards Dobson, who I like once he is fully healthy. I'm assuming Justin Hunter was drafted? Of course he was drafted. If for some reason he hasn't been drafted grab him NOW.

Dobson has the biggest upside. No idea why he is getting dissed so much.

Matthews

Stills

Britt

I wouldnt want any of the others.

• Jerrico Cotchery

• Nate Washington

• Kenny Stills

• Kenny Britt

• Jordan Matthews

• Aaron Dobson

• Dexter McCluster

Jordan Matthews has promise.

• Jerrico Cotchery

• Nate Washington

• Kenny Stills

• Kenny Britt

• Jordan Matthews

• Aaron Dobson

• Dexter McCluster

is rod streater available? I think he'll surprise, especially in ppr

I like Jordan Matthews, and drafted him in my first draft on Sunday. Another point to consider: Maclin cannot stay healthy. Matthews role would explode if Maclin goes down.

Kenny Britt was worthless, is worthless, and will always be worthless.

There was a time when Cedric Benson was worthless. Same with Ryan Mathews. Brandon Marshall. Pierre Garcon. Michael Crabtree. Wes Welker....sometimes things change. I hate the piece a crap, but if he's indeed the #1 receiver in Ramland, he has value.

John Brown, AZ. You'll thank me later.

Tempting. I'd feel better about him if he weren't behind two very very good receivers. So his ceiling is a bit limited. All those visions of Randy Moss or Anquan Boldin type rookie seasons are probably, well, fantasy. HOWEVER, if I had Fitz or Floyd, I'd be all over this kid as a handcuff. Because if one of them goes down, those visions may not be so far fetched.

By the way, I have been taking a lot of flack from the other teams because I took Cruzzzzzzzzzz over the likes of Julio, Jordy, Antonio, and Alshon. So, I guess to some, I too made a mistake.

Maybe my love for the giants blinded me, but I think Cruzzzzzzz will turn it on this year even higher.

Tempting. I'd feel better about him if he weren't behind two very very good receivers. So his ceiling is a bit limited. All those visions of Randy Moss or Anquan Boldin type rookie seasons are probably, well, fantasy. HOWEVER, if I had Fitz or Floyd, I'd be all over this kid as a handcuff. Because if one of them goes down, those visions may not be so far fetched.

Good points. I'm a local and this kid has killed it all preseason. Floyd and Fitz command so much attention that he has gotten open at will. With Arians' down field attack this offense could be special this year. 3 1k receivers is entirely possible.

That all being said, I'd probably go with Britt as the #1 there. But i, like so many others, have drunk the Britt kool-aid in the past that I'd be a little gun shy.

By the way, I have been taking a lot of flack from the other teams because I took Cruzzzzzzzzzz over the likes of Julio, Jordy, Antonio, and Alshon. So, I guess to some, I too made a mistake.

Maybe my love for the giants blinded me, but I think Cruzzzzzzz will turn it on this year even higher.

Yeah you made a mistake.

• Like 1

That was a bad move IMO.

I would rank all of those WRs ahead of Cruz.

Eli blows

Dobson is a guy who I would take a flyer on. Big guy, deep threat, great QB, no TE poachers, plays behind a guy made of paper mache. Even if Amendola stayed healthy, NE could have 3, 1000 yard guys.

but when Bradford went down ,that changed my opinion about picking him up .

Why?

Bradford really.isn't anything special and hill has shown to be a capable backup, much better than kellen Clemens