Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

Sansa wasn't married to Joffrey, she was married to Tyrion...

True, but fairly meaningless as far as the larger point. She was to be betrothed to him and was the recipient of a lot of abuse from him with no means of getting away from it.

Saw someone tweet that even though Dany is about to head south, she appears to be ready for 6-8 inches of snow.

• Like 3

and he will be helping fight the whites on Sunday ;)

;)

Have they ever said how many White Walkers there are? I see there are thousands and thousands of wights (Army of the dead) but I only recall seeing a handful of actual white walkers.

Saw someone tweet that even though Dany is about to head south, she appears to be ready for 6-8 inches of snow.

:first:

:D

Sadly the only thing shocking about last night's episode was Tormond almost dying

Thought he was going to after he had given that talk about Brienne.

Everything else was exactly as I called it based on the pre season trailers. Group surrounded, Dany swoops in, lots of fire, dragon dies, undead dragon, Benjen saves Jon

Sadly the only thing shocking about last night's episode was Tormond almost dying

Thought he was going to after he had given that talk about Brienne.

I was yelling at the tv: "You can't kill Tormund! I'm still waiting for them to ship!" :lol:

Didn't Dany say something to Tyrion about Jon Snow being too short?

Apparently she prefers deeper snow.

once you go dothraki, you never go back.

but Snow being immortal can probably blow his load like a shotgun, he would have to wear a kryptonite condom, but that would kill him

Total misnomer about being short, having small feet and hands and having a small cack.

She's a Targaryan she has that burning desire for her newphew

Have they ever said how many White Walkers there are? I see there are thousands and thousands of wights (Army of the dead) but I only recall seeing a handful of actual white walkers.

The WW are thought to be Craster's sons right? And he had 99 sons. Sam has killed one, Jon 2. :dunno:

in the behind the scenes snippet that follows every episode, DB Weiss said Jon's band was surrounded by 5 to 10 thousand wights.

And if parrot is correct, 99 White Walkers? 4 or 5 of them seem to be the Night King's lieutenants.

:dunno:

also found it interesting in the conversations walking beyond the wall... Tormund talked about being "kissed by flames" (red hair) and the Hound was "kissed by flames", Beric's flaming sword, erc... they're putting a lot of effort into making it clear that all of these guys are flamers one way or another.

Well it's very obviously lord if light V. Night king.

Also why does it seem like Jon kills thr same white walker all the time? :D

Undead Dragon?! None of you fockers even mentions this blue flamed basturd?!

The funny thing about these dead people and animals is that they seem to be particularly vulnerable to fire. They just torch up like they are soaked in gasoline. I would think the live dragons may have an advantage over the dead one in a battle.

The funny thing about these dead people and animals is that they seem to be particularly vulnerable to fire. They just torch up like they are soaked in gasoline. I would think the live dragons may have an advantage over the dead one in a battle.

yes...and is there a way to make more of those flaming "s words for 1000 trebek"

Had to wait to open this thread. Traveling yesterday made me miss it..

But damn!!! Best episode yet

Had to wait to open this thread. Traveling yesterday made me miss it..

But damn!!! Best episode yet

That was cheesy as fock imo.

Very Hollywood

The WW are thought to be Craster's sons right? And he had 99 sons. Sam has killed one, Jon 2. :dunno:

I don't know that Craster's sons had been enumerated.

I don't know that Craster's sons had been enumerated.

He tells Mormont that he just had his 99th son. Little Sam is the 100th I think.

You know, the whole Sansa/Arya storyline is completely implausible to me. My hope is that one of the girls is playing Littlefinger and is aware he is trying to manipulate them against one another. I think Leslie Jones said it best when she was watching Game of Thrones on SNL: two black sisters would never act the way they do.

Yes, I was hoping one of the dragons would scoop Jon up. I still think carrying the dead creature back to Kings Landing is dumb.

I thought Euron was about to kill Grey worm. They just kinda dropped that storyline. Theon/Yara?

I actually like Petyr Baelish, hope he makes it until the very end.

That was cheesy as fock imo.

Editors sleeping at the wheel. Note that I didn't catch them, I'd missed this, someone else did and I found it online and laughed.

So, Jon's party had 13 of them set out, the seven stars we know plus six expendable Wildling extras, serving Jon in the same fodder capacity that redshirt ensigns would perish in service to Captain Kirk.

Now, the director had filmed some walking scenes with thirteen men and some with ten but the editors didn't catch it, they mixed and matched the scenes. 10? 13? Interchangeable.

So, then the group fights the undead polar bear and three of the wildling extras die and it becomes clear why the director had filmed some walking scene footage with thirteen men and some with ten.

Im upset they dropped the Podrick is hung like a horse storyline.

Maybe not.

it could come up later if Brienne rejects both Tormond and Jamie.

Also if Pod dies Qyburn, can reattach it to Theon, Grey Worm, or Varys if they learn that Pod had checked the organ donor box on his driver's license.

You know, the whole Sansa/Arya storyline is completely implausible to me. My hope is that one of the girls is playing Littlefinger and is aware he is trying to manipulate them against one another.

Arya knows, that's why she handed LF's own dagger to Sansa while telling her how she can become someone else. Sansa needs LF to control the Knights of the Vale. Sansa is going to kill him, Arya is going to become him. Mark it down.

ETA: Bran should figure in too ; "Chaos is a ladder."

• Like 1

Editors sleeping at the wheel. Note that I didn't catch them, I'd missed this, someone else did and I found it online and laughed.

So, Jon's party had 13 of them set out, the seven stars we know plus six expendable Wildling extras, serving Jon in the same fodder capacity that redshirt ensigns would perish in service to Captain Kirk.

Now, the director had filmed some walking scenes with thirteen men and some with ten but the editors didn't catch it, they mixed and matched the scenes. 10? 13? Interchangeable.

So, then the group fights the undead polar bear and three of the wildling extras die and it becomes clear why the director had filmed some walking scene footage with thirteen men and some with ten.

I also thought it was pretty funny how the walkers all die when they fall into the lake, but they somehow scuba dive down and retrieve a dragon, with gigantic chains which appeared out of thin air.

The dialogue and everything about that entire scene, sans the actual battle, was just stupid.

I also thought it was pretty funny how the walkers all die when they fall into the lake, but they somehow scuba dive down and retrieve a dragon, with gigantic chains which appeared out of thin air.

The dialogue and everything about that entire scene, sans the actual battle, was just stupid.

They also have the dead version of Gendry. He ran back to grab the chains.

Yep. They are focking ruining it. Built this elaborately interwoven story of complex characters and half ass the ending and try to gloss over it with special effects.

Im fine with it. Damn show was too fricking boring most of the time for the first seasons. Could be a total snooze fest.

Bring on the action!! Bout damn time!

Yeah, I said it.

Im fine with it. Damn show was too fricking boring most of the time for the first seasons. Could be a total snooze fest.

Bring on the action!! Bout damn time!

Yeah, I said it.

I'll agree that it was too slow initially. But it's too fast and too slapdash now. It's changed from a drama to a sh!tty fast and furious type movie.

I'd say seasons 4-6 were kind of the sweet spot.

Not enough Tyrion and Varys lately. They're like the Paulie Walnuts and Christopher of the Sopranos. Great dialouge between them.

Not enough Tyrion and Varys lately. They're like the Paulie Walnuts and Christopher of the Sopranos. Great dialouge between them.

I'm watching the Sopranos (instead of posting) all the way through for the 4th time

I am at Season 6A Ep. 9 "The Ride"

I'm watching the Sopranos (instead of posting) all the way through for the 4th time

I am at Season 6A Ep. 9 "The Ride"

The beginning of the end for Christopher.

The beginning of the end for Christopher.

seen the focking show 3 times through, I don't remember what happens to him.

I love that.

shhh

I made it to Johnny Cakes :wub:

what we're seeing in the latest GoT is the result of the show going from "adaption" of the story to "creation" of the story.

GRRM takes years to write this stuff because it's hard to do - it's hard to create a story/plot/character-arc that's organic, detailed, consistent, and believable.

I believe one of GRRMs stumbling blocks was Dany stuck in Mereen and how to get her out of there without "air lifting" her away... yet that is EXCTLY what adapters turned creators did this week.

The show is still thoroughly enjoyable. The cinematography is breathtaking, the characters/acting phenomenal... the problems are completely with the writing/plot developments. I'll continue to watch and enjoy, but this is no longer GRRM's Game of Thrones... it's a shallow, fan-fiction version of it... kinda' like when Tolkien's Legolas "surfed" on his shield while shooting arrows in the final LoTR movie.

• Like 1