Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Let’s talk defenses for the second half.....

Lets talk squads youre keeping every week and streamers.

Last few weeks ive been keeping two defenses, staying a week ahead. Have the Rams...grabbed the Giants for next week.

Curious if you guys are riding the same defense ROS and who you like...and for the streamers who you are starting to target for the postseason.

Just looking.....Chicago gets Cleveland in week 16

How do you guys feel about New Englands defense? Possibly righting the ship?

THey get Miami twice, Denver next week, and the Jets for you week 17 finals people.

Anybody else you guys are looking at?

Chiefs get Miami week 16 and the Chiefs could get dropped as they have the Cowboys this week and then a bye the next week. Chiefs get the Giants week 11.

Bears get Cleveland week 16 like you said so I picked them up.

I also picked up the Packers who play Bears week 10 and Browns week 14.

Steelers schedule got easier with Watson going down. Don't like week 15 vs NE, but sweet the rest of the way.

chicago also has san fran coming up before cleveland...and even next week they have GB at home.....i dont think thats a terrible matchup...the bears d has been very good lately and they might be able to rattle the young kid...they had cam rattled pretty good a few weeks ago

I like the Eagles as a streaming D

They have a couple of tough match ups but they seem to make some big plays about every game

Yea I'm starting Bears week 10.

I'm starting Packers this week and week 10 too.

We start 2 defenses.

I also have the Eagles and Chiefs who I have started all year.

Yea I'm starting Bears week 10.

I'm starting Packers this week and week 10 too.

We start 2 defenses.

I also have the Eagles and Chiefs who I have started all year.

Nice....I usually carry the two defenses looking a week ahead.....then about week 13 or 14 look for a week 17 defense....there’s usually someone you can drop at that point that didn’t pan out, or that you wouldn’t trust enough to start....then i can have 3 solid defenses throughout the playoffs.

Or like this week....grabbed the giants just to have vs San Fran next week....but if they stink...i can grab Chicago or New England subday for next week instead.

I picked up Detroit. they dont play any world beaters.

gb

cle

chi

min

bal

tb

chi

cin

Weird, Detroit is one of the best DST out there and they're available in my league too. I just don't want to drop Philly DST for them. I guess people assume it's the Lions...?

i was going to say buffalo, before last nite.

they are usually good at home.

Curious for those who are at least in line to make playoffs.....how you view your defenses?

Are you playing matchups, stocking up, or do you roll with who got you there?

I have Jax for weeks:

Maybe 9 - Cinci

10 - LAC

11 - CLE

13 - IND

16 - SF

I have the Eagles for weeks:

Maybe 9 - DEN

12- CHI

14 - LAR

15 - NYG

Being undefeated (playing 2 games a week - one against team league average) I have been in good spot to work defense grabs.

It took me some time to get these defenses paired up as I had Jax but a key trade at key moment brought me the Eagles last week.

I always look weeks ahead for defense..

I have Jax for weeks:

Maybe 9 - Cinci

10 - LAC

11 - CLE

13 - IND

16 - SF

Maybe 9 - DEN

12- CHI

14 - LAR

15 - NYG

Being undefeated (playing 2 games a week - one against team league average) I have been in good spot to work defense grabs.

It took me some time to get these defenses paired up as I had Jax but a key trade at key moment brought me the Eagles last week.

JAX should be fine for HOU in week 15 now too. Minus Watson they will likely be little threat. SEA in week 14 is the only real questionmark left on their schedule though they're often vulnerable to good defenses, especially to good D-lines.

JAX should be fine for HOU in week 15 now too. Minus Watson they will likely be little threat. SEA in week 14 is the only real questionmark left on their schedule though they're often vulnerable to good defenses, especially to good D-lines.

Good point. Who would you play in week 9 ? Philly or Jax?

I have Jax for weeks:

Maybe 9 - Cinci

10 - LAC

11 - CLE

13 - IND

16 - SF

Maybe 9 - DEN

12- CHI

14 - LAR

15 - NYG

I’m impressed. Clap clap

Congrats! You have the best two options on the board this week according to FantasyPros (top 10 defense rankers https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dst.php). Jags are ranked ahead of Philly but you should go with your gut, whatever thats telling you. I like Jax this week coming off a bye but I have them in one league so I may be biased. Good luck :)

Wow, nice problem to have. Denver is horrible and is making a lot of turnovers. I think they make more than Cinci, and Dalton is better than Simien. Both teams are home, so no advantage there.

I would say Philly might score more based on number of turnovers. I also think Cinci might try to run Mixon (my new player) because Jax gives up 5.2yds a carry rushing. If Cinci can run, this can kill some clock and shorten the game. Denver will not run against Phillys tough front so Simien will have to throw probably under pressure. Yikes!

Philly is my pick.

Curious for those who are at least in line to make playoffs.....how you view your defenses?

Are you playing matchups, stocking up, or do you roll with who got you there?

I'm just trying to get through the bye weeks right now, not enough room on the bench.

I've been streaming but just traded for Denver and picked up New England since the fa pickings are getting slim. We have 9 bench spots so I can carry two. After this week I've some good matchups.

DEN @ PHI

NE @ DEN

DEN vs CIN

NE vs MIA

DEN @ MIA

NE @ MIA

DEN @ IND

DEN @ WASH

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Bears because they are not a good team but they are a legit DST and have a pretty nice schedule moving forward. Their front seven are legit, maybe one of the best front seven units in the league. Great pass rush. The secondary is finally providing some coverage for the front seven led by Kyle Fuller. Eddie Jackson is a big time playmaker and making a huge difference for that D out of the safety position.

This is a team that has played close in a lot of games against top teams. They should've beaten the Falcons Week 1. They've beaten the Steelers (should've had a defensive TD in that game btw), man handled the Panthers, and played the Saints very close last week in NO. They've only been blown out in two games, vs the Bucs (at Tampa in Week 2 when Tampa had 2 weeks to prepare for them) and against the Rodgers led Packers where they were in a negative game script all game thanks to terrible turnovers by the offense.

Speaking of which, people will probably worry about Trubisky and the offense putting them in negative situations but I think Fox will sustain long drives of ground and pound keeping his defense fresh and the games close.

Remaining schedule:

vs Packers

vs Lions

@ Eagles (stream a different D)

vs 49ers

@ Bengals

@ Lions (stream if better option available)

vs Browns

• Like 1

Wow, nice problem to have. Denver is horrible and is making a lot of turnovers. I think they make more than Cinci, and Dalton is better than Simien. Both teams are home, so no advantage there.

I would say Philly might score more based on number of turnovers. I also think Cinci might try to run Mixon (my new player) because Jax gives up 5.2yds a carry rushing. If Cinci can run, this can kill some clock and shorten the game. Denver will not run against Phillys tough front so Simien will have to throw probably under pressure. Yikes!

Philly is my pick.

Denver is starting Osweiler. Simien goes to the bench.

One league Ive got Baltimore. They have a delicious schedule late in the season including Cleveland and Indy for 15 and 16. Keep an eye out for them just in case theyre dropped next week on their bye

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Bears because they are not a good team but they are a legit DST and have a pretty nice schedule moving forward. Their front seven are legit, maybe one of the best front seven units in the league. Great pass rush. The secondary is finally providing some coverage for the front seven led by Kyle Fuller. Eddie Jackson is a big time playmaker and making a huge difference for that D out of the safety position.

This is a team that has played close in a lot of games against top teams. They should've beaten the Falcons Week 1. They've beaten the Steelers (should've had a defensive TD in that game btw), man handled the Panthers, and played the Saints very close last week in NO. They've only been blown out in two games, vs the Bucs (at Tampa in Week 2 when Tampa had 2 weeks to prepare for them) and against the Rodgers led Packers where they were in a negative game script all game thanks to terrible turnovers by the offense.

Speaking of which, people will probably worry about Trubisky and the offense putting them in negative situations but I think Fox will sustain long drives of ground and pound keeping his defense fresh and the games close.

Remaining schedule:

vs Packers

vs Lions

vs 49ers

@ Bengals

vs Browns

im with you 100 percent

Remaining schedule:

vs Packers

vs Lions

vs 49ers

@ Bengals

vs Browns

Wow...great stuff amigo. Thanks.

Am I the only person here who likes New Orleans defense? They get to the qb and create turnovers too. How come no love? Is it their reputation? They have a pretty good DC now you know.

I've been streaming but just traded for Denver and picked up New England since the fa pickings are getting slim. We have 9 bench spots so I can carry two. After this week I've some good matchups.

DEN @ PHI

NE @ DEN

DEN vs CIN

NE vs MIA

DEN @ MIA

NE @ MIA

DEN @ IND

DEN @ WASH

My concern with Denver is they may be in tank mode

Am I the only person here who likes New Orleans defense? They get to the qb and create turnovers too. How come no love? Is it their reputation? They have a pretty good DC now you know.

You're probably right. I didn't look into them because they're already owned in my league.

Okay fellows, let me have your insight.

Eagles and Denver are available on waivers. ROS is what I want to talk.

Denver has some very easy games left and something like the 6th easiest schedule remaining. However they have a horrible offense that makes many turnovers making their defense look bad.

Eagles have at least 4 difficult games including Vowboys for two, Rams, and at Seattle. They definitely have a more difficult schedule but they have a great offense that won’t probably make turnovers to make defense look bad.

Who would you take ROS. Thanks.

Okay fellows, let me have your insight.

Eagles and Denver are available on waivers. ROS is what I want to talk.

Denver has some very easy games left and something like the 6th easiest schedule remaining. However they have a horrible offense that makes many turnovers making their defense look bad.

Eagles have at least 4 difficult games including Vowboys for two, Rams, and at Seattle. They definitely have a more difficult schedule but they have a great offense that won’t probably make turnovers to make defense look bad.

Who would you take ROS. Thanks.

Eagles. Denver hasn't really had a great showing against any team this season and this includes some easier matchups.

Eagles easily. Denver can give up points on pick 6's thrown by Osweiler and later Paxton Lynch, plus that crappy offense in Denver will keep their Defense on the field a lot and then they'll get tired and give up more yards and points.

Wow, it is unanimous for the Eagles. Not a whole lotta love for the darlings of the draft, the Denver Broncos, thanks to their inept offense.

Wow, it is unanimous for the Eagles. Not a whole lotta love for the darlings of the draft, the Denver Broncos, thanks to their inept offense.

Yeah...8 weeks gives us a lot of info. Remember this site had arizona as the number 1 defense going in.

Woof.

currently have the bears but due to bye weeks people have dropped the Eagles and Ravens...would like to pick one of them up but if you were to drop of the below players who would you drop, or just stick it out with the Bears and hope to pickup on waivers

QB Wilson

RB Kamara, Mixon, Coleman, Mack, Rod Smith

WR Antonio Brown, Hopkins, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Westbrook

TE Henry and Greg Olsen

K Forbath

D Bears

IDP Kwon Alexander, Shazier

Broncos are out of it. Not much incentive to win down the stretch. To me that makes the decision an easy one

currently have the bears but due to bye weeks people have dropped the Eagles and Ravens...would like to pick one of them up but if you were to drop of the below players who would you drop, or just stick it out with the Bears and hope to pickup on waivers

QB Wilson

RB Kamara, Mixon, Coleman, Mack, Rod Smith

WR Antonio Brown, Hopkins, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Westbrook

TE Henry and Greg Olsen

K Forbath

D Bears

IDP Kwon Alexander, Shazier

Not sure who you would drop, but I like the Ravens schedule down the stretch. If your playoffs start in weeks 15&16 like mine, then it doesn't get much better than @Cle then home vs Ind. If they start in week 14 though you have @Pit. I'd probably dump Westbrook, Anderson, or Davis.

Not sure who you would drop, but I like the Ravens schedule down the stretch. If your playoffs start in weeks 15&16 like mine, then it doesn't get much better than @Cle then home vs Ind. If they start in week 14 though you have @Pit. I'd probably dump Westbrook, Anderson, or Davis.

I'm holding the ravens for this reason.

Thinking of dropping Westbrook too as I may be able to grab him back but don't think I'll ever play him over my other WRs

I drafted Eagles and played them every game. They werent great and they were never bad. Averaged 10 pts a game. Now its bye week coming up and Rams D was there and of course I grabbed them a week before I need them. I will prob try to hold both for rest of year. Even if I dont play both, but at least I wont have to play against them either in playoffs, :thumbsup: